BSG: Caprica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious
After the end of BSG, Im really looking forward to Caprica. The pilot movie is set to be released next week (April.21) and the tv series later this year. The movie has been released already at the usual places. Anybody else looking forward to it?

Plot:
Two families, the Graystones and the Adamas, live together on a peaceful planet known as Caprica, where a startling breakthrough in artificial intelligence brings about unforeseen consequences. A spin-off of the Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" set 50 years prior to the events of that show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQlhlHwXjj0

Raoul
yup. really looking forward to seeing this one. was very happy with the last season of BSG, so i'm dying to see what they come up with for this...

Sadako of Girth
Cant wait.

Lets not forget gentlemen, that there is the release of "BSG: The Plan" coming up too.

Shows the longterm game of the series frm the Cylons point of view, apparently. Much like Razor worked...

Darth Vicious
I still havent gotten around to seeing Razor. My plan is to wath The Plan =D .Ill watch Caprica later tonight or tomorrow. A cylon delievered it to me earlier this afternoon.

Sadako of Girth
Its out already...?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Its out already...?
Its out like X-men Origins:Wolverine is out.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhhhhh. I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Excellent.

BruceSkywalker
I cannot wait to watch this..

Darth Vicious
Watched it last night. I liked it. I wont talk much about it until people have a chance to see it. It was slow at times but it picked up towards the end. Them Capricans are some racist bastards.

Sadako of Girth
Oh dude. Thanks for alerting me to it's prescence man.
Thats awesome and I shall be watching it verrrrrrrrrry shortly. big grin

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Oh dude. Thanks for alerting me to it's prescence man.
Thats awesome and I shall be watching it verrrrrrrrrry shortly. big grin

big grin

Raoul
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I still havent gotten around to seeing Razor. My plan is to wath The Plan =D .Ill watch Caprica later tonight or tomorrow. A cylon delievered it to me earlier this afternoon.

i really enjoyed Razor. So much is foreshadowed...

starlock
I will definetly watch this.....i have good feelings about it.....and from what i hear...its a solid pilot .

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Raoul
i really enjoyed Razor. So much is foreshadowed...

Ill try to watch it over the weekend.

Sadako of Girth
Doesn't quite have the wham bamness of the BSG pilot IMHO, but as damned fine watch and the FX were top notch.....It'll be interesting, I hope, to see where they are going with this. The Moore trademarks are there.

Raoul
Very interesting. Not at all what i'd expected. Looking forward to seeing more...

jinXed by JaNx
why do you care about these people if you know what has already happened? I just can't see the sense in that.

starlock
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
why do you care about these people if you know what has already happened? I just can't see the sense in that.

Its the journey...not the destination,that really matters wink

jinXed by JaNx
but i already took that journey with battlestar galactica. Why do i need to do it again ?

do you see what im saying here, partner? Prequels may work for movies and books but not television shows. that's just well, redundant, don't you think?

Darth Vicious
This is different than BSG. While we know that the humans created the Cylons, we dont know the exact details that lead to their creation. The journey in Caprica is from what lead to the creation of the cylons and im guessing it will end with the creation of the 13 human/cylon hybrids. Smallville is a prequel to Superman and it has worked out pretty well for the past 8 years.

BruceSkywalker
Tomorrow night on syfy...

i will watch

Neo_Version 7
I hope they show Model 7 sometime in the future.

BruceSkywalker
watched this last night, a wee bit disappointed, but still liked what I saw..

will watch each and every week

BruceSkywalker
second show...decent

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
second show...decent
Yeah it was. I wish there was more though. I really wat the show to do good but if it stays "decent" it might not last long.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah it was. I wish there was more though. I really wat the show to do good but if it stays "decent" it might not last long.

yeah i agree.. i liked tonight's show much better

Darth Vicious
Yes it was. I wonder if Sister Clarice is talking to an actual cylon. She referred to him as Arvil (I believe) which sounds similar to the first cylon model Brother Cavil. Not to mention that both got religion titles.

The ending was very interesting. Didnt expect that from Adama.

RocasAtoll
I like it. I'll keep watching.

BruceSkywalker
returned last night.. who all watched..

i thought the show was all right, but could have been better

Darth Vicious
Same here. I thought the guys in the robes looked ridiculous. I hope they start planting seeds of the 12 models.

Dr Mystery
Haven't seen this yet, only found out the other day that it's back on. Was under the assumption that it got cancelled, just getting into it when it went off air. Why the huge break?

BruceSkywalker
Same here. I thought the guys in the robes looked ridiculous. I hope they start planting seeds of the 12 models.

yeah i hope they do as well...

Originally posted by Dr Mystery
Haven't seen this yet, only found out the other day that it's back on. Was under the assumption that it got cancelled, just getting into it when it went off air. Why the huge break?

syfy always does this with their shows, they start or a few months,take a break and then return

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.