Team Spidey vs X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
During the Phoenix saga, Spiderman and pals team up to stop the apocalypse. Somehow they think the X-men are responsible.

Team Spider-man

1. Spider-man
2. New Goblin
3. Venom
4. Doc Ock

X-men

1. Cyclops
2. Wolverine
3. Iceman
4. Beast
5. Storm
6. Colossus

- Team Spidey are aware of all the X-men's abilities.

- Assume Doc Ock has his PIS durability.

- Battle in the city streets.

Mindset
Hard to tell, since we don't know how strong or durable Colossus really is, aside from the fact that he can take bullets.

KingD19
Between Cyclops and Iceman, Spider-Man is kept busy for the duration of the fight, eventually falling to either of them, or Wolverine Beast, both of whom I believe can fight pretty much evenly with him.

Storm can take out Venom and Ock from the sky, since the lightning would fry the symbiote, and Doc's tentacles are metal.

Does new Goblin get his gear and board? If he does, I say he gives Storm some trouble.

Colossus tips it all the way in the X-Men's favor. If Spider-Man can take beatings from every one of those characters, Colossus can take them with no problem. Plus he was shown to be durable enough to take bullets with nothing but annoyance(more at being shot and woken up then pain), and strong enough to knock several men explosively through a wall. And toss Wolverine, a 6 foot+, 300+ lb man high enough into the air, and with enough velocity to cut off a Sentinel's head. He also threw him a pretty far distance while they were fighting in the final battle.

Robtard
You're ignoring some things.

Cyclops' and Iceman's attacks are relatively slow, Spider-man is going to be able to dodge that shit and move in for an attack (or web from afar) fairly easily. They also have human-level durability, one attack from any of the four and they're dead on incapacitated.

Venom (and Spider-man) has a long range attack, his webbing could snare Storm and drag her ass down for a raping, as he definitely has the edge in speed and reaction time; her attacks take time to summon. Also, the symbiote survived entry through Earth's atmosphere, not sure lighting is going to hurt it.

Goblin with gear destroys Storm.

Colossus is a possible ace in the hole, considering his invulnerability is like the comics(we don't know), they're not going going to be able to take him down, at least not easily. We also don't have his max strength and going from movie feats, the Spider-man team out classes him there by alot, even Doc Ock.

KingD19
I didn't say they would hit him, I said they would keep him busy dodging while Beast and Logan squared up for an attack. That's what I meant at least.

And while the symbiote survived re-entry, wasn't that inside that protective rock? Because Goblin's bomb killed it and Brock.

He might have the edge in reaction time, and his webbing attack, but Storm can get pretty high, and her powers are extremely fast working. Plus she can generate electricity from her hands. I also think Logan could take Venom.

And I think it's deplorable how they did nothing with Colossus in the movies. But I think his durability is up to par with his comics, and is greater than at least Venom, Goblins, and Spidey's. Ock's tentacles are strong though. I still say he takes it and wails on his face.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
I didn't say they would hit him, I said they would keep him busy dodging while Beast and Logan squared up for an attack. That's what I meant at least.

And while the symbiote survived re-entry, wasn't that inside that protective rock? Because Goblin's bomb killed it and Brock.

He might have the edge in reaction time, and his webbing attack, but Storm can get pretty high, and her powers are extremely fast working. Plus she can generate electricity from her hands. I also think Logan could take Venom.

And I think it's deplorable how they did nothing with Colossus in the movies. But I think his durability is up to par with his comics, and is greater than at least Venom, Goblins, and Spidey's. Ock's tentacles are strong though. I still say he takes it and wails on his face.

Not sure the others are going to stand by while Spider-man is set upon by four of the six.

It still survived extreme levels of heat, so the lightning may not do shit. I think the bomb had something to do with it's known weakness, sound?

I don't recall her ever attacking swiftly? When she fried Toad, she had to summon it and it took several seconds. She shot electricity from ehr hands, which movie?

Logan isn't going to be able to hit Venom, as he has Spider-man's power-set. He's going to get webbed to the point where he can't move from afar and then knocked out. Not sure how they'd kill him, if they have to kill.

Well yes, but we go by movie feats.

So I see four of the X-men team dead, Logan webbed on the floor cursing and the Spider-man members that survived (which might be all except Doc) pounding away on Colosus.

KingD19
Beast can fight Spidey or Venom on even ground, going by his movie fights.

And the bomb wasn't sound based was it, I thought it was just one of the bombs Harry had with him, because Pete didn't tell him of the symbiotes weakness, and they were still enemies before he came to help him.

In 3, when she was fighting Callisto and the others outside Jean's house. She flew up in the air, then spun around, striking each of them with lightning when she hit. And when she fought Callisto again the island, she was fast enough to hit her while she was running, then when she crashed into the gate, she shot electricity from her hands into Callisto, killing her and heating her lip ring red hot.

And if a bullet to the forehead, plus getting hit by Juggernaut(Stronger than any of the Spidey team, by feats), didn't knock Logan out, nothing they can do will knock him out. I say if he get's webbed, his claws get him out, but he's still pretty fast and a good brawler.

dadudemon
Spiderman automatically loses.

I have canon evidence.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fail-owned-spiderman-comics-fail.jpg

Robtard
Beast can fight Spidey or Venom on even ground, going by his movie fights.

And the bomb wasn't sound based was it, I thought it was just one of the bombs Harry had with him, because Pete didn't tell him of the symbiotes weakness, and they were still enemies before he came to help him.

In 3, when she was fighting Callisto and the others outside Jean's house. She flew up in the air, then spun around, striking each of them with lightning when she hit. And when she fought Callisto again the island, she was fast enough to hit her while she was running, then when she crashed into the gate, she shot electricity from her hands into Callisto, killing her and heating her lip ring red hot.

And if a bullet to the forehead, plus getting hit by Juggernaut(Stronger than any of the Spidey team, by feats), didn't knock Logan out, nothing they can do will knock him out. I say if he get's webbed, his claws get him out, but he's still pretty fast and a good brawler.

Not really, going by movie feats.

I was asking.

And it wasn't instantaneous, it takes her time to attack. Goblin could toss a bomb and it would kill on incap her. I'd have to watch 3 again, don't recall the electrical hand shit. That would be a good attack.

A bullet to the head did KO Wolverine for a bit. What was Juggernauts strongest strength feat? Breaking out of the concrete, questionable whether that's stronger than Spider-man train and trolley feats.

That webbing comes out fast and can cover a large area fairly quick, not sure his claws are going to keep up with the slashing.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

I have canon evidence.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fail-owned-spiderman-comics-fail.jpg

I retract all my previous arguments.

dadudemon
but Storm can get pretty high,

Duh. She's black and we know how black people love their ganja.

Here's reality.

Cyclops solos team Spiderman. Seriously.

Do you guys remember the training scene where Jean is throwing those plates at Cyclops really fast?

No, no matter how fast Spiderman is, Cyclops just has to look at Spiderman, Venom, Dock Ock, and Goblin.

KingD19

Robtard

Here's reality.

Cyclops solos team Spiderman. Seriously.

Do you guys remember the training scene where Jean is throwing those plates at Cyclops really fast?

No, no matter how fast Spiderman is, Cyclops just has to look at Spiderman, Venom, Dock Ock, and Goblin.

Na. Spider-sense plus Spider-agility and Spider-speed, he dodges that shit and simulaneously webs his ass. (see, I worked both the words "shit and "ass" into my response)

Then again, Spider-man could rely on his insane movie-durability and just tank that shit for giggles.

KingD19

Robtard
Don't be a retard. That scene you speak of, he quickly came back and destroyed Goblin. That is irrelevant to what else he took.

1) Tanked a bomb to the face = insane durability.
2) Hit by a train = insane durability.
3) Smashed by a gigantic Sandman = insane durability.

(That was to illustrate that Dadudemon is an ass and was spewing shit)

Rogue Jedi

I have canon evidence.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fail-owned-spiderman-comics-fail.jpg laughing

Eminence
Storm makes this sort of one-sided. She can turn clear skies into several dozen tornadoes in about ten seconds, she's accurate enough with her lightning bolts to hit a wooden beam inside a roofed building without touching the guy standing on top of it, and she can channel electricity through her arms. Provided she has cover from two or three of her teammates - Cyclops, Iceman, and Colossus would make a ridiculous wall - she can pick off Doc Ock and Goblin herself. If she whips up strong winds, it'd be impossible for Spiderman and Venom to either swing to her or hit her from afar with their webs, and eventually they'd fall to bolts of lightning and Cyclops' optic blasts.

KingD19

Eminence
1. I wouldn't say tanked, I would say took it better than most, but tanked, no.It had enough concussive force to throw him bodily through the air and through a brick wall, and yet it didn't even break his nose. Hell, it didn't even break skin.

So yeah, insane.

God forbid he has to strain himself to stop a runaway elevator train.

It isn't a car, it's a three foot thick steel girder.

Robtard

Placidity
When Giant Sandman was pounding Spidey, his fist would've weighed several tonnes. Not to mention the force Sandman would've applied to smashing spidey.

It's well comparable to at least having a large bus dropped on you over and over again.

In terms of Damage soak, I would say:

Venom>>Spiderman>Goblin>Ock
. . .

Just to clarify, New Goblin has his standard weapons and equipment.

dadudemon
Still, Cyclops punches a hole straight through any of the characters just by looking at them.

Remove Cyclops from the match and this becomes more even.

Remove wolverine from the other side and this is pretty even.

Placidity
Still, Cyclops punches a hole straight through any of the characters just by looking at them.

Not really. Cyke has used it on people far less durable and it didn't "punch a hole".

If I did that, the X-men would get slaughtered very quickly, except for Colossus.

Eminence
Like I said; Storm makes this one sided for the X-Men.

Placidity
Originally posted by Eminence

Not really. Goblin has many ways to take her out.

- Razor Bats
- Flame Thrower
- Pumpkin Bombs
- Katanna

But my favourite would be if he impaled her.

Robtard

Na, he didn't punch a hole through Sabretooth, he's not punching a hole through any of the other team, maybe Ock though.

Robtard

She can be one-shotted by any of the four, not sure she's the ace in the hole.

Eminence
Storm makes this sort of one-sided. She can turn clear skies into several dozen tornadoes in about ten seconds, she's accurate enough with her lightning bolts to hit a wooden beam inside a roofed building without touching the guy standing on top of it, and she can channel electricity through her arms. Provided she has cover from two or three of her teammates - Cyclops, Iceman, and Colossus would make a ridiculous wall - she can pick off Doc Ock and Goblin herself. If she whips up strong winds, it'd be impossible for Spiderman and Venom to either swing to her or hit her from afar with their webs, and eventually they'd fall to bolts of lightning and Cyclops' optic blasts. ^ I think I cover it there.

Edit: Apparently I didn't say it there, but obviously she needs to stay grounded. Goblin would tear her a new one in the sky.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Na, he didn't punch a hole through Sabretooth, he's not punching a hole through any of the other team, maybe Ock though.

Healing factor and the concentration of the beam. Cyke can change the intensity and the spread of the beam with his visor.

Unless the thread starter states it, Cyke is playing to kill, not disable a rapid healer like Sabretooth. (Sabretooth has same healing ability as Wolvie.)

This fight is over the second it starts. Cyke still rapes everyone in the film with no effort. Just *pop* *pop* *pop* *pop* fries are done.

Robtard
^ I think I cover it there.

Edit: Apparently I didn't say it there, but obviously she needs to stay grounded. Goblin would tear her a new one in the sky.

Na.

His board can hover and move mere inches from the ground, so if she's getting her ass torn in the sky by him, she's getting her ass torn on the ground.

Placidity

This fight is over the second it starts. Cyke still rapes everyone in the film with no effort. Just *pop* *pop* *pop* *pop* fries are done.

Ok, I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. confused

Robtard
Healing factor and the concentration of the beam. Cyke can change the intensity and the spread of the beam with his visor.

Unless the thread starter states it, Cyke is playing to kill, not disable a rapid healer like Sabretooth. (Sabretooth has same healing ability as Wolvie.)

Healing factor doesn't make his flesh "punch hole" proof, I'd let him heal/recover after he got swiss cheesed.

He was trying to kill Jean while under mind contro and used a full blast, yet he missed and he definitely didn't obliterate that Humvee, only sent it flying. By movie feats, Spider-man (and others) is far more durable than a Humvee.

So, no. First he'd have to tag them, and factoring in the Spider-sense, speed, agility and reaction-time, he'd have a hard time doing that to Spider-man and Venom. Let alone actually taking them down with his blast.

Eminence
Na.

His board can hover and move mere inches from the ground, so if she's getting her ass torn in the sky by him, she's getting her ass torn on the ground. Hence, Colossus, Cyclops, and Iceman. Like I said, Storm only needs a few seconds to pull several dozen tornadoes out of thin air, so whipping up heavy winds and bringing down lightning shouldn't be a big deal. Once the wind is up, Team Spiderman is basically crippled; Goblin, Spiderman, and Venom will pretty much be limited to ground-level movement along with Ock, and assuming Storm can't nail all of them with bolts of lightning (she can), Iceman can help her run support - which will be a hell of a lot easier if they can't swing/fly away without getting thrown into buildings - and then the rest of the X-Men clean house.

dadudemon
I think the timer is going off for the fries.

Robtard
Hence, Colossus, Cyclops, and Iceman. Like I said, Storm only needs a few seconds to pull several dozen tornadoes out of thin air, so whipping up heavy winds and bringing down lightning shouldn't be a big deal. Once the wind is up, Team Spiderman is basically crippled; Goblin, Spiderman, and Venom will pretty much be limited to ground-level movement along with Ock, and assuming Storm can't nail all of them with bolts of lightning (she can), Iceman can help her run support - which will be a hell of a lot easier if they can't swing/fly away without getting thrown into buildings - and then the rest of the X-Men clean house.

They're going to have to be micro-tornadoes, otherwise she's going to **** up her own team in the process.

So na, that isn't a tactic she'd use. She'd also most likely go airborn, being Storm and all.

Also of note, team Spidey knows the X-men's abilities, probably to make up for the fact thay they're only four. So Storm is getting a bomb, or blades up her ass first.

Eminence
They're going to have to be micro-tornadoes, otherwise she's going to **** up her own team in the process.I didn't say she'd make the tornadoes here, I was pointing how little time it takes for her to do it. The level of control she has lets her throw Wolverine up onto the Statue of Liberty without blowing away Cyclops or Jean, so it's perfectly reasonable that she could set gale force winds a couple stories into the air while keeping the ground level relatively stable.

That'd be PIS or something.

Cyclops could probably shoot that out of the air. And if he didn't, the bomb would get blown away by the winds and explode somewhere off to the side.

Placidity
I didn't say she'd make the tornadoes here, I was pointing how little time it takes for her to do it. The level of control she has lets her throw Wolverine up onto the Statue of Liberty without blowing away Cyclops or Jean, so it's perfectly reasonable that she could set gale force winds a couple stories into the air while keeping the ground level relatively stable.

Actually her control is not as great as you say.

1. She told everyone else to hang on to something before she summoned the wind.

2. Jean Grey was stabilising him.

So if Storm is going to use a wind attack. All the other melee players would have to stay back.

Also, this is in the city streets, where Spidey and Venom are in their element. They can easily wall crawl (or go on the roof) to get to the X-men.

Hmm, I'm thinking if I used Norman instead of Harry, Spidey team would get a much more decisive win.

Robtard
Again, if Harry tools her in the air(as you said), he can tool her while hovering a few inches off the ground.

Her using her power of flight would be PIS, considering she doesn't know who she's facing? Na.

If he's not to busy trying avoid webbings, tentacles and possibly over weapons, as Harry has and can throw more than one thing.

In short, the movie X-men are outclassed here. Xavier would turn the tide, easily too.

Eminence
Originally posted by Placidity
Actually her control is not as great as you say.

1. She told everyone else to hang on to something before she summoned the wind.While she threw the 300 pound guy straight up into the air and onto the Statue of Liberty. If the wind had been anywhere near as strong at her level as it was around Logan, Cyclops and Jean would've been blown away.

I said she'd have the wind going up high, not at ground level. It'd be more than breezy at the ground, granted, but when three of your teammates are Wolverine, Colossus, and Beast, and the other two can freeze people to death or hit with them optic blasts strong enough to blow holes through concrete, I think she'd manage.

And I said three times that her lightning would be her main weapon here. She's accurate enough with it to nail Sabretooth inside a building while he's choking her, and break the wooden beam Nightcrawler was standing on without touching him while inside a church. It helps that she can channel it through her hands, too.

If there are high winds up, that'll take much longer, and they'll fall to either lightning or optic blasts.

Why would that be better? Norman, despite having thrown Parker through a stone building and blown a grenade up in his face beforehand, still got beaten to a pulp in under a minute. Harry fared significantly better, IIRC.

Eminence
Again, if Harry tools her in the air(as you said), he can tool her while hovering a few inches off the ground.And, as I said, that's why Colossus, Cyclops, and Iceman would be protecting her.

Then it'd be CIS. I thought the idea is that we decide how a character can use his/her abilities to their fullest extent, not "what would do?"

You're acting like this is Storm and Cyclops vs. all. Iceman will freeze anyone who comes anyone near him - he not only freezes a flaming car thrown at him by Magneto and Pyro, he stops it in the air and it falls to the ground in front of him - and I doubt anything Team Spiderman can do will hurt Colossus. Then there's Wolverine and Beast, who are threats in close combat to Goblin and Ock.

Placidity

Then it'd be CIS. I thought the idea is that we decide how a character can use his/her abilities to their fullest extent, not "what would do?"

CIS is always in play unless specified.

Then there's Wolverine and Beast, who are threats in close combat to Goblin and Ock.

Beast would die quickly if he tried to engage any one of the four directly.

Venom and Spidey could punch his head off or use webbing.

Goblin is a bit weaker than Spidey but he is still strong enough to punch Beast's head off. Or he could just use any one of his weapons.

Ock would rip all of Beast's limbs off.

Eminence
CIS is always in play unless specified.So the three villains on Spiderman's team turn around and beat the shit out him, and then each other.

If he has Wolverine with him? A smart Goblin wouldn't risk getting skewered, and Ock would be trading tentacles for hits.

Placidity
So the three villains on Spiderman's team turn around and beat the shit out him, and then each other.

You don't seem to understand what CIS is.

Eminence
lol

Yeah, that was admittedly dumb. I was thinking of something along the lines of PIS but... not.

Placidity
lol

Yeah, that was admittedly dumb. I was thinking of something along the lines of PIS but... not.

Character Induced Stupidity

For example, Rhino could potentially be much more powerful than he is now if he weren't so stupid. In these vs debates, his character/stupidity would still remain.

PIS, Plot Induced Stupidity is more like Venom beating Juggernaut, or a better example - Doc Ock being able to survive Spiderman's punches.

Eminence
Character Induced Stupidity

For example, Rhino could potentially be much more powerful than he is now if he weren't so stupid. In these vs debates, his character/stupidity would still remain.

PIS, Plot Induced Stupidity is more like Venom beating Juggernaut, or a better example - Doc Ock being able to survive Spiderman's punches. I know what the latter is, I just drew a very RJ-like parallel between someone acting dumb (in a PIS sorta way) and not using her powers smartly, and characters acting out of character, as would be the case here.

I need sleep...

Robtard
or a better example - Doc Ock being able to survive Spiderman's punches.

Na. "With great power comes great responsibility", that and Peter Parker isn't a killer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.