Superman: Secret Origin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raoul
Ok... We know that Geoff Johns is writing his own, definitive Superman origin this year. Now, i'm curious as to what parts people would like to keep, and what parts people would like done away with or changed...

Vally Doosh
Originally posted by Raoul
Ok... We know that Geoff Johns is writing
Stopped reading.

Raoul
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
Stopped reading.

could be worse. he could be writing kyle's origin...

jalek moye
his origin is fine as is

Galvaclaw
Which origin is that?

Cartesian Doubt
A new power source, one that is potentially limitless; Zero point field, Tachyons, God Wave, hatred of Jade Goddie etc.

Mindship
Originally posted by Raoul
...what parts people would like to keep, and what parts people would like done away with or changed...
It should be explained that the reason humans and Kryptonians are so phenotypically similar is because both races descend from a common ancestor (not unlike the Preservers from Star Trek TOS).

I suppose one could even go with humans being descended from a long-ago/long-forgotten Kryptonian expedition to Earth, but then you'd have to explain why 1) humans aren't suped-up from the yellow sun; and 2) if Kryptonians had starflight way back then, why they didn't escape their planet's fate.

Overall, I'd like to see origin and powers more solidly based in science (again, not unlike hard scifi).

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindship

Overall, I'd like to see origin and powers more solidly based in science (again, not unlike hard scifi).

Same here for me.

-Pr-
Anyone read the first issue? I thought it was pretty good, and it looks like the series is going to set a few things straight...

jalek moye
Originally posted by -Pr-
Anyone read the first issue? I thought it was pretty good, and it looks like the series is going to set a few things straight...
did it change anything?

-Pr-
Originally posted by jalek moye
did it change anything?

it further confirmed that Clark was Superboy before becoming Superman. Plus, the Legion are supposed to be in the next issue.

Endless Mike
What I'm wondering is if it effectively retcons his claim that he only really went all-out 3 times in his life: Once as a kid when he punched some other kid before he had his powers, next in his final punch against Doomsday in DOS, and third against Imperiex in OWAW

-Pr-
Originally posted by Endless Mike
What I'm wondering is if it effectively retcons his claim that he only really went all-out 3 times in his life: Once as a kid when he punched some other kid before he had his powers, next in his final punch against Doomsday in DOS, and third against Imperiex in OWAW

how would it do that?

Kazenji
I'm gonna get this Part 1 off ebay

gonna be the first Superman comic i've brought for a looooooong time.

Endless Mike
how would it do that?

Well if he had his powers when he was so young....

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm gonna get this Part 1 off ebay

gonna be the first Superman comic i've brought for a looooooong time.

it's worth it.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well if he had his powers when he was so young....

true, but he's already shown fear as regards to using them. i wouldnt be surprised if hurting pete was what actually drove him to start controlling himself better...

Kazenji
Finally got Part 1 and have started reading it i'm liking it so far.

Kazenji
I liked the explanation that Johns gave to why Clark wears the glasses.

FistOfThe North
A new origin. Maybe he's Krypton's own Jesus Christ. Born of an immaculate conception to exist for a pupose: To defend human freedom against Cobra: a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world..

hehe

roughrider
How come Batman doesn't have to go through this? He just gets additions to his origin; Superman gets radical changes.
After Superman Returns in 2006, they started giving the Fortress Of Solitude that crystal look from the films, complete with the Jor-El recordings for his questions. Are they going to keep that? And what about costume adjustments?

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
; Superman gets radical changes.

Blame it on the writers over the years.

-Pr-
the funny part is, he's not the most altered person in comics, even with all that crap going on.

xJLxKing
If any one has seen the preview of Superman messedO #3, it's pretty nice how they portrayed Clark living in Metropolis.

-Pr-
read the preview. it's like reading a new superman movie made by donner...

xJLxKing
read the preview. it's like reading a new superman movie made by donner... Yeah, you are right, they should have made Superman Returns like this, or if a reboot happens

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Yeah, you are right, they should have made Superman Returns like this, or if a reboot happens

i didn't say it was necessarily a good thing. stick out tongue

Philosophía
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_SupermanEpic.jpg

This has instantly become one of my all-time favorite Superman pics.

designs84
woow thanks for great info.

Kazenji
Last week my Secret Origins #2 and 3 arrived from Ebay............good origin retelling

With the Legion of Superheroes group are they Good or Evil?............because a while back i read Superman/Batman: absolute power where they mess around with time and then in Secret Origins #2 we see them showing Clark the future, So where exactly does this group stand?

Endless Mike
The Legion is generally good, though they have been infiltrated a few times and some of them have turned evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.