Punisher vs. Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trackz
takes place in new york city, standard equipment

Phantom Zone
LOL we dont even know what standard equipment is these days because hes packin all types of shit. This is from the latest issue.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0518/Punisher_4_022

Trackz
i know, I hesitated putting that, for a character like the punisher it's always changing. We'll limit to him to the weapons we have seen.

change of scene, punisher's warehouse, but he's unprepared.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Trackz
i know, I hesitated putting that, for a character like the punisher it's always changing. We'll limit to him to the weapons we have seen.

change of scene, punisher's warehouse, but he's unprepared.

So its like Gambit ambushes him?

Trackz
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
So its like Gambit ambushes him? yeah

Phantom Zone
yeah

C'mon man thats a bit spitey....

Trackz
C'mon man thats a bit spitey.... in whose favor?

nimbus006
Remy should win the majority of encounters with Frank.

I'll give Castle 2/10 solely based on skill and tactics.

That's Gambit 8/10.

Phantom Zone
in whose favor?

Gambit of course. erm

Trackz
Gambit of course. erm punisher is in his warehouse with all of his equipment though

snoopdogg
I can see Frank taking him down. It's hard to catch Frank by surprise I thought?

Phantom Zone
punisher is in his warehouse with all of his equipment though

Yeah but he has to get to it first.

Originally posted by snoopdogg
I can see Frank taking him down. It's hard to catch Frank by surprise I thought?

Good point actually but still Gambit is a very good opponent and he still has an advantage.

Battlehammer
naw remy deffiently can he has crazy stealth. he caught people with super human senses by surpize

this is a spite.

Battlehammer
Yeah but he has to get to it first.

Good point actually but still Gambit is a very good opponent and he still has an advantage.
agreed and gambit can grab weapons as well. also with all the non organic material around he be dam hard to beat.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Battlehammer
naw remy deffiently can he has crazy stealth. he caught people with super human senses by surpize

this is a spite. Does Punisher have crazy stealth?

Enyalus
Gambit = one of the coolest characters ever.

He wins. big grin

Trackz
Originally posted by Battlehammer
agreed and gambit can grab weapons as well. also with all the non organic material around he be dam hard to beat. gambit doesnt use guns and such, and he probably wouldn't be ale to work some of hte mre advanced equipment

Survivor19
Can Gambit now charge thing in distance again?
Because that seems to be the case in latect issue of Legacy.
With that said, Gambit can win easily. And since he can charge humans up as well...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Survivor19
With that said, Gambit can win easily. And since he can charge humans up as well... When has he charged a human?

Survivor19
He usually doesn't do that. But he can.
He can charge organic matter since brain surgery in his own miniseries.
And he charged Shaw in Legacy, not so long ago.

Battlehammer
gambit doesnt use guns and such, and he probably wouldn't be ale to work some of hte mre advanced equipment
True, but there a lot more then guns there and gambit could literrally chagre then entire room

snoopdogg
He usually doesn't do that. But he can.
He can charge organic matter since brain surgery in his own miniseries.
And he charged Shaw in Legacy, not so long ago. Charging Shaw does not mean much. Shaw absorbs kenitic energy.

I don't think he can currently charge organic matter.

Battlehammer
Does Punisher have crazy stealth?
he stealthy, however he aint gambit stealth. Gambit snuck into the weapon x facility and some how went on notice by a blood crazed wolverine, he world class thieft who stelath was legendary prior to even being an x-men.

Battlehammer
With that said, Gambit can win easily. And since he can charge humans up as well...
That was new son not 616 gambit.

no he cant, he cant charge organic material.

Survivor19
U'r not right.

X-Men Legacy, 214.
Gambit: "..i can put this charge in anything and anyone", then he proceed to charge up Shaw.

Also, his powers were burnt out in his fight with New Son. That means, it's power output that is low, not control.

Trackz
U'r not right.

X-Men Legacy, 214.
Gambit: "..i can put this charge in anything and anyone", then he proceed to charge up Shaw.

Also, his powers were burnt out in his fight with New Son. That means, it's power output that is low, not control. but gambit doesn't kill, charging up punisher could kill him.

Battlehammer
U'r not right.

X-Men Legacy, 214.

Also, his powers were burnt out in his fight with New Son. That means, it's power output that is low, not control.
........that dirrectly goes against his powerset that been stated sicne his creation, that in it self would be pis........ his power is to only charge non organic material.

His controll as well. I dont think you could even find three events of using range charging

Battlehammer
but gambit doesn't kill, charging up punisher could kill him.
gambit actually is willing to kill if not mistaken. Also he has levels of charge that wont kill.

KingD19
Battlehammer, sometimes you gotta do a bit more research. Gambit was charging everything around him when he 1st got his powers, it was in a bad way, so he went to Sinister and had a portion of his brain removed. It was the part of his brain that let him charge organic matter, and basically anything in his line of sight. Then we were introduced to the Gambit we know now. After he got the part of his brain put back in, he was at his original, extremely high power levels.

After that fight, the higher levels of his powers were burned out, but he still has some higher levels, like he can charge things without touching them, in Legacy 223, he had two guns on him, and he had his hands up, then he threatened the guys with the guns by charging them. It's possible he can still charge organic matter, he just might not choose to, or he might not realize it.

Survivor19
Not PIS, retcon.
Restrictions on non-organic matter only was retconned to be result of lobotomy performed by Sinister (as his request, since he was afraid of own powers and lack of control). Later he asked Sinister to lobotomy that powers back, which Essex did.
So, it is within his powerset. Even retroactively...
And since New Son IS Gambit, just without lobotomy and with major power-up, one can say his early powerset is Remy's powerset as well. That means ranged charging and organic charging.

You got me here. True, there're only about 7-9 events of range charging in duration of 3-5 comics. After battle with the New Sun he didn't displayed ranged charging. But maybe he did it in last Legacy, i'm not sure.

Enyalus
Kinda looked like he was touching the Shi'ar guns in the last issue of Legacy. From my POV.

He puts his hands up near them, at least.

KingD19
Well I'm not sure if he was touching them or not, but if he wasn't, it shows he doesn't have to touch the object, if he was, then it was sucky drawing. BTW, who was the big roach who kept yapping about happy pills?

Survivor19
He didn't threaten, he just blew the damn things up. )
And - he knows he can charge organic matter. He did it in Legacy already.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by KingD19
Battlehammer, sometimes you gotta do a bit more research. Gambit was charging everything around him when he 1st got his powers, it was in a bad way, so he went to Sinister and had a portion of his brain removed. It was the part of his brain that let him charge organic matter, and basically anything in his line of sight. Then we were introduced to the Gambit we know now. After he got the part of his brain put back in, he was at his original, extremely high power levels.

After that fight, the higher levels of his powers were burned out, but he still has some higher levels, like he can charge things without touching them, in Legacy 223, he had two guns on him, and he had his hands up, then he threatened the guys with the guns by charging them. It's possible he can still charge organic matter, he just might not choose to, or he might not realize it.

I know this well some of it lol and by the way I just read the issue of 223, he touching the guns.

oh and no he cant charge organic material been stated numerous times.

Battlehammer
Well I'm not sure if he was touching them or not, but if he wasn't, it shows he doesn't have to touch the object, if he was, then it was sucky drawing. BTW, who was the big roach who kept yapping about happy pills?
he was touching them clearly. they woudlent have bother making him put his hands near them if he could do it by range

KingD19
Okay, he was touching the guns, I was sleepy when I read it, I'll look again. But Battlehammer, he can charge organic matter, thanks to Sinister putting his brain back in.

And he didn't blow them up, he said he didn't like guns, they could always blow up in your face. Then he charged them, while they were looking dumb, he flipped over and was about to wail on them, then the leader pulled a gun on him. Then Rogue came.

Battlehammer
Okay, he was touching the guns, I was sleepy when I read it, I'll look again. But Battlehammer, he can charge organic matter, thanks to Sinister putting his brain back in.

And he didn't blow them up, he said he didn't like guns, they could always blow up in your face. Then he charged them, while they were looking dumb, he flipped over and was about to wail on them, then the leader pulled a gun on him. Then Rogue came.
show three examples of him doing so then.

Survivor19
That was changed.

And yes, he can.

KingD19
I don't need to show examples of him doing it. Gambit got the part of his brain back that let him charge organic matter, he stated he can do it, so he can do it.

Battlehammer
really got a scan of him stating it? I like to see it

Survivor19
X-Men Legacy 213-214.

It's all stated there. And shown. And he charged Shaw, specifically because Shaw absorbs kinetic energy, which he did.

kgkg
LOL we dont even know what standard equipment is these days because hes packin all types of shit. This is from the latest issue.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0518/Punisher_4_022 wtf laughing out loud

SuperiorTech
Never though I would see the day that helmet would be on Franks head.

godking
takes place in new york city, standard equipment Punisher

He either kills Gambit in his sleep or snipes him from a distance.

Gambit wont even see him coming.

I pick punsiher to kill most mutants without telepathy a healing factor or invunerability to bullets and without the ability to see him coming.

Trackz
Originally posted by godking
Punisher

He either kills Gambit in his sleep or snipes him from a distance.

Gambit wont even see him coming.

I pick punsiher to kill most mutants without telepathy a healing factor or invunerability to bullets and without the ability to see him coming. sorry, I changed up the scenario a little

Survivor19
Gambit either kills him in his sleep, or blows up entire building where he is. By charging it.
Castle'll never see him coming.

Mindset
X-Men Legacy 213-214.

It's all stated there. And shown. And he charged Shaw, specifically because Shaw absorbs kinetic energy, which he did. Not really

snoopdogg
Does anybody know for sure of Gambit can charge organic matter? I just checked his handbook entry from August of 2008 and it says he cannot charge organic matter.

OneDumbG0
^ Are you guys talking about living organic matter? He's charged a person's trenchcoat, most likely made of wool, in his own limited series...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Are you guys talking about living organic matter? He's charged a person's trenchcoat, most likely made of wool, in his own limited series... That's what I am talking about, not sure about the others.

Trackz
Gambit either kills him in his sleep, or blows up entire building where he is. By charging it.
Castle'll never see him coming. no ones sleeping..gambit just bursts into punisher's warehouse.

StyleTime
It's a bit unfair to let Gambit ambush Punisher. In a suprise attack scenario, I can't think of any street levelers who could beat Gambit.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2835/boomh.th.jpg

If Gambit opened up the bout with an assault similar to the one at the bottom of this scan, it'd basically be over as soon as it started. Punisher would never have a chance to do anything. I doubt you actually intended spite here, but the match is a bit lopsided.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gambit.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by StyleTime

If Gambit opened up the bout with an assault similar to the one at the bottom of this scan, it'd basically be over as soon as it started. Punisher would never have a chance to do anything. I doubt you actually intended spite here, but the match is a bit lopsided.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I could see Gambit starting with a barrage of cards. Punishers good but not that good.

Trackz
what if gambit's not going for a kill though, merely a knock out?

Phantom Zone
Gambit still gets the majority.

Trackz
Gambit still gets the majority. haha ok I give up, im not sure i can think of a scenario that would be even between the two

Phantom Zone
haha ok I give up, im not sure i can think of a scenario that would be even between the two

Well you're original stipluation.

nimbus006
Is Gambit immune to his own kinetic charge?

For example, could he charge a card and let it explode while holding it?

Survivor19
Nah. IIRC, he was blinded by his own card's explosion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.