SAW or HOSTEL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Which movie do you think is better?

MildPossession
There is no comparison, Saw wins in everything. Hostel 1 and 2 are complete and utter dross.

SnakeEyes
I never saw Hostel 2, but I didn't think the first was THAT bad...

MildPossession
Eli Roth should stop writing films. I'm giving him one last chance at his next scripted film, his next one is going to be a science fiction/monster film apparently. Cloverfield/Transformers influenced according to him.

BruceSkywalker
i can't decide

deathbycorn
Saw is a good movie. Saw II, III, IV, V are just shit.

Hostel 1 was ok but could of been done heaps better. II was shit except the 'Bathory' scene.

Wolfie
Saw definitely. Hostel was garbage.

Impediment
Both movies are dreck.

Wanderer11
Originally posted by MildPossession
There is no comparison, Saw wins in everything. Hostel 1 and 2 are complete and utter dross.

Totally agree.

BackFire
Hostel is better. Saw movies are garbage, first one included. Hostel is also garbage, but at least it knows it.

kodak
Hostel.

christen9
Hostel is most definitely better then saw.. it has a much better script and stoy premise.

QT helped right the script so you know its going to have some good dialogue and not just a complete gory mess

MildPossession
He had nothing to do with writing the script, he said that in an interview, he just worked on some ideas with Roth. There is nothing Tarantino in the dialogue at all. Better script? the Saw film scripts are far more complex than the Hostel films, and if you don't see that then you are deluded imo. stick out tongue

BackFire
Saw films are idiocy feigning complexity.

Hostel films are idiocy celebrating their idiocy.

I'd rather see something stupid having fun with just being stupid than I would something stupid pretending it's something more.

Spartan005
Saw only because of the first one. Hostel 1 and 2 and Saw 2 - 5 all suck

Kris Blaze
At least Hostel took a shit on poor europeean countries....

MildPossession
I'm confused with that post... are you being sarcastic or saying that's a good thing?

bananen
I'd go for Hostel.

That ACDC Chick
only the first Saw
at least it has a backstory to it
Hostel is just some guys getting killed and escaping

MildPossession
Well only one did from what I can remember, then killed off in the sequel, ha ha.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by BackFire
Saw films are idiocy feigning complexity.

Hostel films are idiocy celebrating their idiocy.

I'd rather see something stupid having fun with just being stupid than I would something stupid pretending it's something more. This sums it up.

bettyboo212
saw...although the lil jigsaw fing on his bike scares the hell outta me! lmFao

SDB
saw, it's a better movie. with better twist to there endings. with hostel its the same lame ending, teens get away from dumb perverted psycho's.

steverules_2
SAW has a storyline...HOSTEL although I liked it...didn't really have much of a storyline to it

dadudemon
All very interesting opinions.

Saw I, was definitely the best out of all films being discussed.

However, Hostel I is definitely a good film. It captured, well, some gruesome cringe worthy moments. Much closer to my ideas of gore horror than other iterations. Of course, it falls very short, on the whole, it was still good. I look up to Eli Roth and I hope I have the honor of meeting him one day and possibly consult with him on my own horror script. Despite all of the criticism he is receiving, he is doing something right because you guys still watched his film/s. no expression AHA!

Röland
I think SAW gets a lot of flak from having shitty sequels, IMO, SAW is a very good horror/thriller movie. It has the gross out moments, but you can really tell from watching it that the gore wasn't the main point... The same can't be said for the sequels.

Hostel however really didn't have that great of a storyline and was more about the shock value and how far it could push the audience's limits. I haven't seen Hostel 2 but I imagine it's pretty much the same as the first, just different characters.

MildPossession
I watch all Uwe Boll's films, doesn't mean he is doing something right. stick out tongue

I don't mind Eli Roth as a director or actor, but not a fan of him when it comes to his script writing.

dadudemon
I watch all Uwe Boll's films, doesn't mean he is doing something right. stick out tongue

crylaugh

FOR REAL!?!?!?!

laughing

I admit, thoug, that I've seen both BloodRayne films and they both were rather sucky films. Very sucky. sad Other than that, I haven't seen any of his other films. Fer realz.

But, if you keep watching them, that means he's doing something right as you keep coming back. wink

I don't mind Eli Roth as a director or actor, but not a fan of him when it comes to his script writing.

Cool. I am a fan. Not a big fan, but a fan to some degree. It's more like...he has done well enough. Well enough that I'd like to meet him and run my ideas past him.

MildPossession
I keep on watching in hope that one day Uwe Boll makes a masterpiece or at least one film where I like a scene...

DarthLazious
Saw.

lebowski32
Liked both, but thought Hostel was just a little bit better (all the sequels for both movies suck though).

MildPossession
I thought Hostel II was miles better than the first one.

dadudemon
I thought Hostel II was miles better than the first one.

Wow. I thought just the opposite.

MildPossession
Most films in Horror, I don't care about the point but I need someone to care about, there wasn't one person in the whole of Hostel that I was bothered about, all complete morons. I actually cheered in Hostel II when a you know what happened to a you know who from the first Hostel.

stick out tongue

richard22
I got to say that the only ACTUAL good movie in the Saw saga is the first one..Then all others are garbage and its the same thing over and over again...I like much more Hostel

HueyFreeman
Saw seemed to me like that stupid game you play with your brother when your a kid. The one where you would pretend to shoot your brother with an invisible gun, he would fall to the fall and pop up a few seconds later and say "you didn't get me, I had an invisible force field up." Each of the movies is like a "you didnt know this because this really didn't happen like that." But most of it just seems tacked on just to appear smart.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Saw seemed to me like that stupid game you play with your brother when your a kid. The one where you would pretend to shoot your brother with an invisible gun, he would fall to the fall and pop up a few seconds later and say "you didn't get me, I had an invisible force field up." Each of the movies is like a "you didnt know this because this really didn't happen like that." But most of it just seems tacked on just to appear smart. truth, saw has never really scared me, but I had nightmares the first time I saw Hostel

Insomniatric
They're making a video game of Saw, and I hope it's better than the movies.

MildPossession
There is also a new rollercoaster here in Britain based on the films.

mrblue
Saw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.