Which games stand the test of time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Which classic games do you think still hold up today ?

i'm going with Street Fighter 2, Super Metroid and Starcraft for now until i think of some more.

Pyron_Knight
Super Mario Bros. 3. Who doesn't enjoy that game even after all these years?

jaden101
Depends how far back you consider "classic" If we're including Dreamcast and Playstation then there's a few. If not then there's still a good few megadrive and SNES games that are ace and that I still play.

Pilot wings (snes)
A link to the past (snes)
streets of rage series (megadrive)
populus (master system)

A good few others too.

I am who I am
The list is long...

BackFire
Chrono Trigger. It's still one of the best RPG experiences available today, even compared to modern RPG games.

ThunderGodEneru
Obviously Super Mario Brothers 3.

Super Mario RPG is a good choice as well IMO.

Zack Fair
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Smasandian
I would say any sort of 2D games.

Super Mario 3 in my opinion would be timeless.

Any 3D game over the years would probably lose its luster just because it would be kinda of ugly. There would be a few games like Half Life that would still be a ton of fun, but most people would say " Man, this game would be awesome remade with today's graphics."

Impediment
Final Fantasy 7. Too many people call it overrated, but I feel that it's a landmark game for it's depth, characters, and graphics.

Super Mario 64. The Mushroom Kingdom has never been more alive with it's awesome 3-D graphics.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Hyrule came to life with massive world gaming. Truly an emotional game.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Impediment
Final Fantasy 7. Too many people call it overrated, but I feel that it's a landmark game for it's depth, characters, and graphics. It's overrated.

Impediment
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
It's overrated.

Your face is overrated. stick out tongue

ThunderGodEneru
Your face is overrated. stick out tongue That wasn't called for. sad

Neo Darkhalen
Your face is overrated. stick out tongue

It is overrated though.

ArtificialGlory
Starcraft.

For me, personally, HoMM1-3.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by BackFire
Chrono Trigger. It's still one of the best RPG experiences available today, even compared to modern RPG games.
this, and i would also have to say banjo and kazooie for n64, but if you want older then probably tetris.

occultdestroyer
Pong

Morridini
I know Pong was a big dealfor the industry itself, and it was good for it's time. But now it's not fun at all imo.

Tetris however, very simple and will never go away.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Starcraft

I am who I am
SoulCalibur, the 1st one. Amazin' piece of work.

Zack Fair
Tetris.

Nemesis X
Resident Evil 2

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Morridini
I know Pong was a big dealfor the industry itself, and it was good for it's time. But now it's not fun at all imo.
It still is.

I've seen variations of the game in Flash with a few added elements, like power-ups. And it's fun.

Bluesteel
Sonic the Hedgehog (nr. 2 also holds it's own which was basicly 1 made better)
Heroes of Might & Magic 3
Street Fighter 2/Mortal Kombat 3
Mario Kart 64/Diddy Kong Racing
Quake 3
Half Life
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe 1

and GUNSTAR HEROES !

I am who I am
Tekken 2. That game took my neighborhood over. AND it was the game that made me a fightin' game fan. If it could do that it'll stand the test of time.

What the hell is up wit the 2s?

Burning thought
Diablo series

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
Diablo series

Somewhat.

Bicnarok
Dungeon Keeper, still playing that now. It has the odd crash under XP but well worth the hassle.smile

THE JLRTENJAC
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario 64
Super Mario RPG
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Metroid
Tetris
Pong
Galaga
Pac-Man
and many more...

Quincy
Smash Brothers Baby

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.