Lizard vs. The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

d3str0ya10
I think lizard would whoops him to a pulp just because his senses are so much faster and his agility is so high (higher than spider-mans) and im not sure about strength but lizard has a regenerate system the enables him to heal limbs and ripped of body parts.
so tell me who would win in your opinion?

The Nuul
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8294/pidgeonserendipitythumb.th.jpg = Lizard

BUSTER1
Ben takes it.

d3str0ya10
exactly how would ben win this?

steverules_2
Originally posted by d3str0ya10

He might hit him and throw objects at him...and hit him with objects

StiltmanFTW
Isn't battle taking place in featureless environment?

d3str0ya10
Originally posted by steverules_2
He might hit him and throw objects at him...and hit him with objects
i undrstand that but lizard has lots of agility and is very quick ben has no where n ear enough speed to touch lizard or hi him with objects.

Juk3n

umm..exactly how could Ben loose?

Ben makes turtle soup, Croc skin belt, and snakeskin shoes fo'shure!

d3str0ya10
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Isn't battle taking place in featureless environment?
no this fight will be taking place in the sewer where lizard usually is.

d3str0ya10
Originally posted by Juk3n

Ben makes turtle soup, Croc skin belt, and snakeskin shoes fo'shure!
ok explain how ben would catch lizard and last time i checked lizard has regenative system when ben doesnt just rockes all over em.

StiltmanFTW

Lizard could gouge his eyes out.

BTW which version of Lizard this is? Brute or the one with Connor's intellect?

BUSTER1

Well Ben has class100 strength and he is a good fighter who held his own once against the Frightful Four, when temporarily human. He could stun Lizard with a thunderclap and then pummel him into submission.

d3str0ya10

oh sorry its conners intellect not the bruter one sorry for not posting.

Juk3n
ok explain how ben would catch lizard and last time i checked lizard has regenative system when ben doesnt just rockes all over em.

SRSLY?

d3str0ya10
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Well Ben has class100 strength and he is a good fighter who held his own once against the Frightful Four, when temporarily human. He could stun Lizard with a thunderclap and then pummel him into submission.
first of all dude wrong he doesnt have class 100 strength de dede! he got class 80 or 85 and still lizard could dodge it and spit out acid to melt the rocks on his body.

steverules_2
I think that hitting rock would hurt, and I think that Ben would be able to land some punches, I think Lizard is the kind of fighter who instead of focusing on dodging just goes straight for the punch and tries to shred ben but that would go badly for lizard

d3str0ya10
SRSLY?
yeh man

BUSTER1

If Lizard gets close enough to gouge out Ben's eyes, then Ben will get hold of him and crush him

d3str0ya10
I think that hitting rock would hurt, and I think that Ben would be able to land some punches, I think Lizard is the kind of fighter who instead of focusing on dodging just goes straight for the punch and tries to shred ben but that would go badly for lizard
yeah you got a bit of a point there but if lizard were to get lucky strike on and possibly get a body part of him or melt his rocks of wit that acid and bit him the thing would be done for then.

StiltmanFTW
If Lizard gets close enough to gouge out Ben's eyes, then Ben will get hold of him and crush him

No, Ben has no pain tolerance when it comes to this type of injury. He'd be just screaming and whining.

d3str0ya10
nah i dont think thing has that much strength and if he did lizard can heal his limbs which would not put him down for long and lizard is pretty hard (no homo) so it would be hard for him to just crush him and ben would be in to much pain to do much after getting his eye gouged out of his socket.

steverules_2
I dunno if acid would have an effect on his rocks, it would effect his eyes if he got his aim right

StiltmanFTW
Ben does have that much strength. He doesn't have sufficient speed, though.

d3str0ya10
I dunno if acid would have an effect on his rocks, it would effect his eyes if he got his aim right
yeh true that yeh his rocks might be proof to that but does he have any more vunurable spots that you know of?

StiltmanFTW

What? Lizard can't shoot acid... can he? confused I don't keep up with Spider-Man, but I doubt Marvel would give him that ability.

BUSTER1
first of all dude wrong he doesnt have class 100 strength de dede! he got class 80 or 85 and still lizard could dodge it and spit out acid to melt the rocks on his body.

Even if Ben still only has 85ton strength he is still several times stronger than Lizard. And since when has Lizard been able to spit out corrosive acid. What other new powers are you going to give him, heat vision?

StiltmanFTW
yeh true that yeh his rocks might be proof to that but does he have any more vunurable spots that you know of?

His mouth.

d3str0ya10
cause this is how i saw it happening i saw it where lizard would sweep his legs up from under him with his tail then pounce on him burn his face off with the acid and start biting every where wildly and the thing would be screaming his head off LOL!

steverules_2
All I know of is his eyes...I have enemy of state which is a wolverine storyline if no ones knows and Wolverine was able to penetrate Bens rock with his claws but his claws are adamantium and Adamantium > Acid

steverules_2
What? Lizard can't shoot acid... can he? confused I don't keep up with Spider-Man, but I doubt Marvel would give him that ability.

According to d3str0ya10 he does...I dunno if he does or doesn't, I'm not an expert on the Lizard

d3str0ya10
Even if Ben still only has 85ton strength he is still several times stronger than Lizard. And since when has Lizard been able to spit out corrosive acid. What other new powers are you going to give him, heat vision?
he can in all the ps1 games i used to play with lizard in it like spider-man maybe you should play them and in spider man 4 with lizard in it it will show you.

StiltmanFTW

Lizard's durability is underrated. Spidey's almost broken his hand hitting him. And Lizard ran through concrete walls effortlessly...

steverules_2
he can in all the ps1 games i used to play with lizard in it like spider-man maybe you should play them and in spider man 4 with lizard in it it will show you.

Do you mean the spiderman 3 movie game?

d3str0ya10
According to d3str0ya10 he does...I dunno if he does or doesn't, I'm not an expert on the Lizard
yeh he does i do a good amout of research he can and it can burn through steel and even harder surfaces than that so im not sure if it would burn the things rocks off of him and if it did it would burn a good enough amount to where if lizard hit him it would inflict considerable damage.

StiltmanFTW

Games are not canon. Use only comics evidence.

steverules_2
Lizard's durability is underrated. Spidey's almost broken his hand hitting him. And Lizard ran through concrete walls effortlessly...

Yes but Ben has done better than running through concrete I'm sure and his body I'm sure is harder

d3str0ya10
Do you mean the spiderman 3 movie game?
umm no the spider man 1 and for the ps1 i played when i was 6 and 7 years old LOL!

BUSTER1

Computer games versions of characters don't count. The version that does is the canon comic book character-in the comics Lizard doesn't spit corrosive acid-so he can't in this fight either.

StiltmanFTW
Yes but Ben has done better than running through concrete I'm sure and his body I'm sure is harder

Of course it is. That was not my point. My point was that Lizard wouldn't instantly break his hands on The Thing.

d3str0ya10
Games are not canon. Use only comics evidence.
im sure i can find some evidence bro but he can it was hella annyoing he made this nasty @$$ sound like wuuuuallltttt!!!!! and it would go wildly flying out lizards mouth and all his little helpers too.

d3str0ya10
Computer games versions of characters don't count. The version that does is the canon comic book character-in the comics Lizard doesn't spit corrosive acid-so he can't in this fight either.
lol hes not computer version he's game version and i can find comic book evidence if i look.

steverules_2
Of course it is. That was not my point. My point was that Lizard wouldn't instantly break his hands on The Thing.

I never said it would break his hands I just said it would hurt wink Or it might hurt

StiltmanFTW
im sure i can find some evidence bro but he can it was hella annyoing he made this nasty @$$ sound like wuuuuallltttt!!!!! and it would go wildly flying out lizards mouth and all his little helpers too.

Maybe in the alternate universe, but 616-Earth Lizard never shot acid to my knowledge. There would be a scan in his respect thread if he'd be able to.

BUSTER1

You won't find any evidence, because spitting acid isn't in Lizards powerset.

d3str0ya10
actually spider man 4 is coming out into the mocvies and it will have lizard and carnage in it you all will see for proof he spits out acid.

StiltmanFTW
The movies aren't canon, either.

StiltmanFTW
I never said it would break his hands I just said it would hurt wink Or it might hurt

Lizzy has pretty high pain tolerance, pain wouldn't distract him.

steverules_2
actually spider man 4 is coming out into the mocvies and it will have lizard and carnage in it you all will see for proof he spits out acid.

I don't think acid spitting and carnage have been confirmed...Lizard is a possibility

d3str0ya10
You won't find any evidence, because spitting acid isn't in Lizards powerset.
go to youtube all of you and look up spiderman 1 or spiderman 2 for the PS1 and after typing in spider man 1 or spiderman 2 for the the ps1 type lizard you will see spider man fight him or chacing him down a sewer and at some parts his companions spit acid and he does to.

steverules_2

Well Feral lizard might be able to feel pain depending how hard and powerful it is but I think his rage would help him fight through the pain

StiltmanFTW
Another tactic - Lizard shoving his arm through Ben's throat, then biting it off, then regenerating it...

d3str0ya10
i kno right lol he had his are cut of or whatever so he probably does have considerable tolerance for a pain.

BUSTER1

His capabilities in the movie don't count. In Spiderman 3 (as well as various Spideman cartoons) the symbiote costume enhanced Spiderman's powers-but it didn't do so in 616 comic continuity. They could make Lizard 3 times stronger than the Hulk in the movies if they want. It doesn't count on KMC vs forums though.

steverules_2
go to youtube all of you and look up spiderman 1 or spiderman 2 for the PS1 and after typing in spider man 1 or spiderman 2 for the the ps1 type lizard you will see spider man fight him or chacing him down a sewer and at some parts his companions spit acid and he does to.

In the games yes but in the comics no...plus in spiderman 1 it's his lizard creatures that spit acid, Lizard doesn't have much of a part, you don't fight him or anything

StiltmanFTW

This is comic book vs. forum.

Lizard from the games =/= Lizard from the comics

There are some significant differences.

d3str0ya10
Another tactic - Lizard shoving his arm through Ben's throat, then biting it off, then regenerating it...
hey now that you mention it he could do that if the thing had jaw muscles like that to bite off hard as idkw scales like that but if he did lizard could kick down his throat and give him combos to the stomache. and lizard would have him there or lizard could catch the thing when his mouth is open and spit it and if lizard gets lucky it would melt his throat.

StiltmanFTW
In the games yes but in the comics no...plus in spiderman 1 it's his lizard creatures that spit acid, Lizard doesn't have much of a part, you don't fight him or anything

True. I remember that game. Best Spidey game ever IMO.

steverules_2
True. I remember that game. Best Spidey game ever IMO.

Oh yeah it was great I played it so many times...last level was a little dissapointing and camera movement was the reason for my death many times lol

d3str0ya10
This is comic book vs. forum.

Lizard from the games =/= Lizard from the comics

There are some significant differences.
ok all you guys have points but i was basing it off the games and the movies not comics and i was basing ben off the movies cause he was a wuss in the movie.

StiltmanFTW
hey now that you mention it he could do that if the thing had jaw muscles like that to bite off hard @$$ scales like that but if he did lizard could kick down his throat and give him combos to the stomache. and lizard would have him there or lizard could catch the thing when his mouth is open and spit it and if lizard gets lucky it would melt his throat.

I meant Lizard biting off his own arm so Ben would suffocate on it.

616-Earth Lizard can't shoot acid.

d3str0ya10
well i hear he has a poisonous contaminated bite.

StiltmanFTW
Oh yeah it was great I played it so many times...last level was a little dissapointing and camera movement was the reason for my death many times lol

You mean running from Monster Ock? Yeah, that was quite hard, camera movement always sucked in Activision/Marvel games.

steverules_2
ok all you guys have points but i was basing it off the games and the movies not comics and i was basing ben off the movies cause he was a puss in the movie.

Lizard has only been in games...if lizard was in a movie spitting acid then sure great but really it hasn't happened and I have seen no proof or news that in spiderman 4 lizard (if a villain which is highly likely) will spit acid...if he did in the spiderman 3 movie game then I'm sure it could happen in the spiderman 4

BUSTER1

Even if he has, its very different to spitting corrosive acid

StiltmanFTW

His bite would cause an infection for sure. He wouldn't be able to bite Ben, though. His fangs aren't that durable/sharp.

d3str0ya10
I meant Lizard biting off his own arm so Ben would suffocate on it.

616-Earth Lizard can't shoot acid.
oh thanks man i would have went around saying that. but i know his bite is not the cleanest out there i mean he drools on occasions so he's got some gingivitis problems he needs to handle. but in his case for fighting is good.

steverules_2
You mean running from Monster Ock? Yeah, that was quite hard, camera movement always sucked in Activision/Marvel games.

Yeah they did sad I remember when I got spiderman 2 for PS1 and I thought compared to the first game it was very dissapointing

d3str0ya10
oh yeh that was sssoooooooooo fun monster ock was annoying like heck and so was hammer head.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah they did sad I remember when I got spiderman 2 for PS1 and I thought compared to the first game it was very dissapointing

Enter Electro? Haven't played it.

d3str0ya10
i loved fighting venom "now you see me............... now you dont."

steverules_2
Enter Electro? Haven't played it.

I had to cheat to complete it cause lizard you could never get like...the serum you needed to make to beat him or whatever...you had like...2 minutes then he'd crash through the door and if you hit him his health barely went down

steverules_2
i loved fighting venom "now you see me............... now you dont."

He was greeeeeat in the game, you have to fight him as a boss twice which was great big grin

d3str0ya10
I had to cheat to complete it cause lizard you could never get like...the serum you needed to make to beat him or whatever...you had like...2 minutes then he'd crash through the door and if you hit him his health barely went down well yeah i was talking about that lizard right there you got it i finnally remebered

steverules_2
Ben could go to Reed and be like 'yo...reed gimme lizard medicine!' then reeds all like 'k' then ben wins dur

StiltmanFTW
He was greeeeeat in the game, you have to fight him as a boss twice which was great big grin

He appeared a few times in the sewers, too.

He functioned as a comic relief character in that game. Loved him.

steverules_2
Yeah venoms always been a character that I've liked

StiltmanFTW
Ben could go to Reed and be like 'yo...reed gimme lizard medicine!' then reeds all like 'k' then ben wins dur

No prep stick out tongue wink

steverules_2
No prep stick out tongue wink

...damn you ahah

stick out tongue

d3str0ya10
venom was hard when i first ever fought him i was like what th heck why is he going invisible what type of symbiote goes invisible and then i read up symbiotes then i was like holy crap nooooo wonddddeeeeeeeer!

StiltmanFTW
Funny thing is that Reed would probably reverse Lizard back to Curt, but he wouldn't do the same for Thing.

d3str0ya10
...damn you ahah

stick out tongue
yeh hes got a point no prep lol they just met in the sewers because ben was looking for pampers. that were unused then bam!! lizard.

steverules_2
Yeah I knew that when I saw the TV show and read the comics....did spiderman spider sense ever tingle when venom came after him when he went visible? Didn't did it...I gotta start playing that game again

d3str0ya10
and even if he had no prep and tryed to run back to reed lizard is fast and agile and would catch ben and pin him but ben could get him off cause i kno ben is no push over so he would have to use those 5 seconds of glory to make his move before hes crushed like chop sticks. but lizard would still heal his bones.

steverules_2
Funny thing is that Reed would probably reverse Lizard back to Curt, but he wouldn't do the same for Thing.

He's tried to help him...but then Ben may prefer to be like that so he can help people, i know at one point ben could switch between being normal and then being rock but i think he wasn't able to do that later on for some reason

StiltmanFTW
It shouldn't have tingled... can't remember.

d3str0ya10
Yeah I knew that when I saw the TV show and read the comics....did spiderman spider sense ever tingle when venom came after him when he went visible? Didn't did it...I gotta start playing that game again
only a little he can partiaLLY SENSE VENOM BUT NO CARNAGE AT ALL AND NIETHER CAN VENOM SENSE HIS OWN SPAWN.......CARNAGE.

steverules_2
only a little he can partiaLLY SENSE VENOM BUT NO CARNAGE AT ALL AND NIETHER CAN VENOM SENSE HIS OWN SPAWN.......CARNAGE.

He can't sense venom at all, since the symbiote was on him then Eddie the symbiote can't tricker spideys spider sense at all, I'm sure there's a full on proper reason but thats all I got

d3str0ya10
i cant remeber i think when i got to lizard or somthing like that my sinses didnt tingle because of all the other companions lizard had had been spitting acid and messing spider-mans senses up.

d3str0ya10
He can't sense venom at all, since the symbiote was on him then Eddie the symbiote can't tricker spideys spider sense at all, I'm sure there's a full on proper reason but thats all I got
oh sorry i got it wrong is only half with carnage he cant sense venoms presense at all he could be stand behind a door distance and not even since him but he would probably hear him cause hes all like rruuuuualllltthaaaaaa! at all time and drooling.

steverules_2
I dunno if he can sense Carnage a little bit either but I could be wrong...tbh I think carnage was a mistake, they tried to add a new symbiote cause venom proved to be a seller so they had venom knocked up and along came carnage but he was no where near as good as venom

d3str0ya10
I dunno if he can sense Carnage a little bit either but I could be wrong...tbh I think carnage was a mistake, they tried to add a new symbiote cause venom proved to be a seller so they had venom knocked up and along came carnage but he was no where near as good as venom
true that venom is still so much more gangsta then carnage's anorexic syndrome problem hehe!

steverules_2
...what?

StiltmanFTW
tbh I think carnage was a mistake

Anti-Venom and Hybrid were mistakes. Carnage ain't that bad.

StiltmanFTW
true that venom is still so much more gangsta then carnage's anorexic tail.

What tail?

d3str0ya10
Funny thing is that Reed would probably reverse Lizard back to Curt, but he wouldn't do the same for Thing. i no its like thing: hey reed i wanna be back to normal
reed: no, sorry i pay rent for you broke dumb *** so get out my face

lizard: im going to beat you into an alphbet soup so revert me now!
reed: no problem sure.

thing: yo wtf!!!

d3str0ya10
What tail?
well i didnt really mean tail i meant just him

StiltmanFTW
Ben should just beat the crap out of Richards. Then he'd get his cure.

d3str0ya10
i kno lol i would totally laugh at that but then again reed could wrap him up like a christmas present like in the movie and get him all pissed till.... well... nothing... happens. hehe!

StiltmanFTW
He tried doing that with WWH and ended up unconscious. He just appears to be immune to blunt damage, in fact he's not.

d3str0ya10
He tried doing that with WWH and ended up unconscious. He just appears to be immune to blunt damage, in fact he's not.
lol really i never read wwh or anything about the sentry hulk

StiltmanFTW
Back on the topic... this is what Lizard would do to Ben:

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/961/wolverinev3054pg16.th.jpg http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/971/wolverinev3054pg17.th.jpg

d3str0ya10
ok so what is the picture really i cant make out too much of whats happening?

steverules_2
I have the comic where Venom breaks out of prison and leaves behind his spawn, I have the maximum carnage graphic novel, first ever carnage storyline, cosmic carnage storyline and web of carnage where spiderman (Ben at the time) got the carnage symbiote

StiltmanFTW
^^^ edited

ok so what is the picture really i cant make out too much of whats happening?

Sabretooth gouged Wolverine's eyes out. Just click on the thumbnails and a new tab will open with the full size image.

d3str0ya10
I have the comic where Venom breaks out of prison and leaves behind his spawn, I have the maximum carnage graphic novel, first ever carnage storyline, cosmic carnage storyline and web of carnage where spiderman (Ben at the time) got the carnage symbiote
really i want to see that?

steverules_2
Was that Romulus or sabretooth?

StiltmanFTW
Sabretooth.

d3str0ya10
Sabretooth.
dang they was messin each other up real bad i would be scared to in the position of either one of them.

d3str0ya10
did they gouge each others eyes out?

StiltmanFTW
Nah. Logan stabbed Sabes in the heart and lost his eyes for that.

steverules_2
Nah. Logan stabbed Sabes in the heart and lost his eyes for that.

They musta grown back pretty fast

d3str0ya10
how did they grow back can he really regenerate that fast?

StiltmanFTW
They musta grown back pretty fast

Not really. Logan was knocked out and when he woke up, his vision was still blurred... and guess what was Creed doing then? Feasting on Feral's corpse.

d3str0ya10
well that musta sucked wolvie cant see and sabes is bleeding out and so is wolvie and if im not mistaken wolvie GREW his eyes back?

d3str0ya10
Not really. Logan was knocked out and when he woke up, his vision was still blurred... and guess what was Creed doing then? Feasting on Feral's corpse.
creed that butt head.

steverules_2

I have the storyline but haven't read it in a while

d3str0ya10
ahhhhhhhh i see

StiltmanFTW
well that musta sucked wolvie cant see and sabes is bleeding out and so is wolvie and if im not mistaken wolvie GREW his eyes back?

Logan doesn't need his sight, his other senses are superhumanly acute.

Sabes wasn't bleeding out, his healing factor is probably faster than Wolverine's one.

Yeah, he grew them back. Not the first time and certainly not the last.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9690/wolverinev3054pg2122.th.jpg http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2505/wolverinev3054pg23.th.jpg

steverules_2
Wolverine seems to always be kicking Sabe's ass other than the odd few times

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine seems to always be kicking Sabe's ass other than the odd few times

"The odd few times" being all these birthday-a$$ whooping? laughing out loud

To give Creed credit, he's often just "playing" with Wolverine and underestimating him.

steverules_2
I remember the animated series and wolverine was always kicking sabe's butt...

Sabe's is good but wolverine is better...shifty

StiltmanFTW
TAS ain't canon. And Sabes took Logan down something like two times in different seasons IIRC.

Logan's fighting and tracking skills are better, but Sabes' stronger, faster, more durable and apparently he heals faster...

That's topic on the other thread, though. Not that I'm not enjoying a little off-topic here big grin

steverules_2
Yeah...but sabes...isn't very nice so in the end wolverine pwns all dur he can beat galactus ya know...shifty

StiltmanFTW
Only Bone Claw Godverine can beat Galactus wink

steverules_2
I remember bone claw wolverine tried to beat galactus and his claws broke haermm

StiltmanFTW
PIS ahah

KingD19
Squirrel Girl could beat Galactus...with her eyes closed, and a hand behind her back.

StiltmanFTW
And we all know that she's Wolverine's little b**** smile

steverules_2
she beat Dr Doom lol and thanos

KingD19
Squirrel Girl would be an omnieversal threat if she ever went bad.

And my synopsis on the Lizard/Thing battle....
Lizard - Class 12
Thing - Class 100

Lizard - Barely bulletproof
Thing - Tanks hits from Hulk and high powered artillery

Lizard loses, badly. And he might be able to regenerate limbs, but I'd like to see him regenerate crushed ribs.

steverules_2
Originally posted by KingD19

Lizard - Class 12
Thing - Class 100

Lizard loses, badly. And he might be able to regenerate limbs, but I'd like to see him regenerate crushed ribs.

or crushed head/skull

StiltmanFTW
she beat Dr Doom lol and thanos

It's nothing Wolverine hasn't done! uhuh

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8452/vsdoombotdz3.th.jpg http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5661/vsdoombot2zi9.th.jpg http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4313/vsdoombot3fq4.th.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4366/thanosbr0.th.jpg http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1935/wolvcutsthanostc6.th.jpg http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/4356/86808535.th.jpg

Credit for the scans goes to jinzin and Badabing. And yes, I'm aware this is a doombot.

StiltmanFTW

Lizard - Class 12
Thing - Class 100

He has Connor's intellect for this fight. He has a chance.

steverules_2
Yeah wolverines always been a thorn in doom and thanos's side

KingD19
He has intellect, but there's no prep, how will that help him? There's physically nothing he can do to hurt Ben, except going for the eyes, but Ben's an accomplished boxer, he knows how to protect his face. All his intelligence will do is tell him he's losing the fight, and he needs to give up.

StiltmanFTW
He's amazingly fast and agile. And that tail is no joke, a few critical shots could temporarily stun Ben, allowing Lizzy to go for the eyes.

And there is always a mouth - like I said, Lizard could shove his arm through Ben's throat, bite it off and just leave it here. Ben would suffocate on it.

Biting his own limb off is not an unknown experience to Lizard. And he can regenerate it fairly quick.

KingD19
Ben can hold his breath for several hours, while doing physical activities, so that might or might not work.

He does have speed, reflexes, and agility on his side as well.

The tail thing I'm not so sure about, yeah it's clocked at like 90+ mph, but the most I've seen it do is bust concrete, Thing has taken full shots to the face from an angry Hulk, and Namor, without getting stunned, I think he can take a tail whip.

StiltmanFTW
Ben can hold his breath for several hours, while doing physical activities, so that might or might not work.

He does have speed, reflexes, and agility on his side as well.

The tail thing I'm not so sure about, yeah it's clocked at like 90+ mph, but the most I've seen it do is bust concrete, Thing has taken full shots to the face from an angry Hulk, and Namor, without getting stunned, I think he can take a tail whip.

I know he can hold his breath. That's not the point. When there's a scaled arm with razor sharp claws in your throat, you won't be able to fight. Too much blood, scales ripping off and vomit.

Lizard is faster than Spider-Man. And I have to disagree, Ben has poor agility.

I don't see Lizard's tail as a serious direct danger. But it could knock Ben off balance and/or make him dizzy, even for a few seconds. That's all Lizard needs.

Lizzy cracked Spidey's ribs with it effortlessly. There was a time when Peter withstood Ben's shots.

KingD19
Sorry about that, I meant that Lizard had the speed and agility.

And the inside of Ben is the same as his outside, it's all rock, somehow. I've seen the scans of his liver or something, everything is orange rock, weird right?

And you're right, while the tail might not be a threat, it certainly can be a distraction. Ben'll be like, WTF, did you just hit me with ya tail ya palooka???!!!

And back then, Spidey took hits from everybody. He got hit by Juggernaut and was okay.

steverules_2
What!?! Ben's always doing back flips and what not

KingD19
I forgot about that one time he did the triple somersault into a back flip.

StiltmanFTW
And the inside of Ben is the same as his outside, it's all rock, somehow. I've seen the scans of his liver or something, everything is orange rock, weird right?

OK, his liver may be made of an orange rock... but there's still some "normal" tissue:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8431/thingqt4.th.jpg http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1117/fantasticfour380eq7.th.jpg
Credit goes again to jinzin.

Even Ultimate Thing had one lump blown off and you could see the "normal" tissue.

And back then, Spidey took hits from everybody. He got hit by Juggernaut and was okay.

Fair enough. Doesn't change the fact that cracking Spidey's superhuman durable ribs with one tail attack is impressive.

What!?! Ben's always doing back flips and what not

Yeah, I underestimated his agility (a bit), but it's still nothing compared to Lizard who can bounce off the walls like friggin Speedball.

KingD19
We're using 616 aren't we?

namorsubby
the lizard really couldn't do much to grimm.....only hope would be that tail(which could succeed). then again ben couldn't do much either.....i don't see him getting ahold of anyone with spidey like agility/speed. i'll give it to thing FTM because he could in theory hit and fatally injure the lizard(who has a great healing factor BTW).....but who knows, this fight could last all day long, and i'm sure ben will tire out much much earlier than curt.

namorsubby

Lizard - Class 12
Thing - Class 100

Lizard loses, badly. And he might be able to regenerate limbs, but I'd like to see him regenerate crushed ribs. he can regenerate way more than limbs. and certainly more than crushed ribs(regenerated from being impaled, ripped to shredds, tossed off high building and basically crushed,etc). and he is completely bulletproof, and explosion/flame resistant(ask johnny storm)

KingD19
They can both go about a full day fighting non stop, but getting beat on by Thing all day is not something I'd want to do. And being completely bulletproof, and being able to take a punch from Hulk are two totally different levels of durability.

StiltmanFTW
We're using 616 aren't we?

Yes, of course we are. That bit about Ultimate Thing was just some extra info.

The scans are from Earth-616, though. So I don't really see the problem.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by namorsubby
the lizard really couldn't do much to grimm.....only hope would be that tail(which could succeed). then again ben couldn't do much either.....i don't see him getting ahold of anyone with spidey like agility/speed. i'll give it to thing FTM because he could in theory hit and fatally injure the lizard(who has a great healing factor BTW).....but who knows, this fight could last all day long, and i'm sure ben will tire out much much earlier than curt.

Lizard has Connor's intellect 4 this fight. Add his extraordinary speed and he'd gouge Ben's eyes out.

namorsubby
ben has no superhuman stamina. how could he fight non-stop for 24 hours? or even an hour?

lizard wouldn't be getting beat on all day......up against spidey level agility ben would be lucky to land anything.

i won't dare compare their levels of durability, but curt's healing factor, although undefined over the years, could render him extremely hard to kill here. if you take the fact that grimm won't be connecting even remotely close to often and add it to the fact that lizard can easily recover from otherwise mortal wounds, it makes this a hard match to judge.

d3str0ya10
most definatly and ill make the calls he has conners intelect not bruter

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>