new deal with my gf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
well as you all know, i thought we were broken up and stuff, and i thought tha ti would be able to be just friends with her, sadly, i was wrong, i still love her and when i talk to her and see her i still feel those feelings, and she says she still does too, and she still loves me too, but she also wants to be with this other guy and have sex with him and stuff, which i dont think i could handle. so i told her today that if she has sex with him, she looses me completely and i will not talk to her anymore because she will have hurt me to much and i wont be able to see her without feeling sick and sad. and she was trying to make it seem like im doing something wrong with this, like she expects me to let her go screw whoever she wants without any consequences. im just wondering if you guys think i did the right thing or not by giving her this choice. i dont think what im doing is wrong, why should she get to just do whatever she wants, i think im giving her a very easy practical and fair choice. sex with him, or having me in her life somehow. what do you guys think?

Dexx
something like that...nah, it's not wrong! i still can't picture her asking you this stuff
"oh, pleaze...pleaze...just that guy over there! he's the last one. And then we'll go to your mom's house for dinner"
i can't quite picture this

finti
you do what you feel is best for YOU BF

BackFire349
i honestly dont care either way, she can stay with me and be faithful, or she can screw that guy and lose me. its up to her now. ill be fine either way.

Ushgarak
So long as you made your view clear.

BackFire349
very clear.

Dexx
are you THAT certain?

Dim
I think that's the best thing you could have told her... She can't have it both ways and just expect you to deal.

finti
well she could, but............

Catch 22
Any girl that wants that isn't worth the bother. IMHO

And if your feelings are as messed up as you say then I can't see how you could possibly have a 'Just Friends' relationship if your heart yearns for so much more.

ms_saigon
Sorry to butt in here, but I know exactly where you're coming from. My bf did the same thing a couple of years ago, notice I didn't say ex? Let's just say he didn't like it when the tables were reversed. Just go with your gut. I feel your pain man, I'd say something horrible about her, but I'm sure she's a nice person or you wouldn't love her to start with, right?

Tex
Your gf sounds like she has you wraped around her little finger!
You need to lay down the law!
And if she cant accept that, send her packing!smokin'

Ushgarak
Hang on, hang on, I think there is a lot of judgmentalism going on here. All we have is that this girl has fallen in love with someone else but still has feelings for Backfire. Which has happened to her and some 3/4s of the world at some point, I think.

She's not after a relationship with both of them, from what I read here, only the new guy. She wants to stay friends with Backfire. Now, if Backfire does not think he can bear staying friends with this girl if she is sleeping with someone else then that is totally understandable but I do not think she deserves the criticism she is getting here!

If Backfire can confirm that she is actually wanting a full secxual relationship with both men then I agree with the sentiments expressed above. Other than that it seems to be rather an assumption that has been made there.

BackFire349
yes she wants sexual relationships with both of us. she says she knows she'd be happiest with me, but she is really into this guy right now and wants to try stuff out with him. i told her that it isnt that cut and dry and that she has to choose, cuz im not going to take her bullshit anymore, excuse my language. lets see what happens, cuz i dont care anymore, its in her court now and i did that for a reason, that she'll have to live with whatever happens knowing that it was her choice, and no one elses.

Ushgarak
Okidokey, then, yes, she has to make her choice.

BackFire349
yeah, and the thing that really twisted my nossle is that she was trying to make me seem like a bad guy for making her choose, she said that im taking her freedom away by forcing her to stay with me.

Ushgarak
Some people prefer a more casual relationship, especially at earlier times in their life. Some people want a more committed thing. Just the way it works, I am afraid. If she is not ready for a one-man committment then you are best out of it, I think.

BackFire349
yeah, that why im giving her the choice, to let her get what she wants.

keokiswahine
all of life is one compromise at a time, so we can all be happy wink Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing smokin'

Catch 22
So she has her new boy friend, but she's like "Hey, we can still be friends and have sex when you're around..."

Sorry man, you need to get out of there, get yourself some alone time and work her out of your system. You might feel like crap about it right now, but in then end if you don't then YOU will be the one who gets hurt. Move on, and let her ship out. She's treating you like dirt and you seem willing to let her.

I betting that you figure you're doing to right thing by giving her the choice, but all you're really doing is letting her take advantage of you. You seem to have that decent edge to you, why not get out there and find someone who will appreciate it?

I know this is probably NOT what you want to hear, but you're doing yourself no favours right now.

Talion_Justice
I am going to have to agree with most of the others, except for one minor detail. If you really do care for this girl, love her even, then make this clear to her. You want her to be happy, and you'd do almost anything for her, but that you refuse to be walked on, or taken advatage of. This will serve two purposes:

1) Let her know exactly how you feel
2)Also remove any doubt in her mind of your willingness to lay down to play door mat.

Most likely though, more than she is testing you, she is testing herself. She needs to find out what she really wants before anything else. Good luck, and if the situation indeed calls for you to get away from her, then I hope you see it soon enough to get clear without callateral damage.

Tex
I think its time for you to find another squeeze bf.

BackFire349
she says deep down she thinks she'd be happiest with me, but she wants to try it out with this guy, so i am making her choose, i really dont care either way. its her loss, not mine.

finti
right on

Catch 22
Sounds like 'The Grass is always greener.' syndrome....

BTW, it never usually is.

finti
nah my grass is greener than my neighbour

Dexx
you have a green neighbour?

mah
hehe

finti

mah
no green men here!

Bad Boy
Backfire, if you want you can tell me to **** off! But forget about her right now! Say she chooses you.... what then? Chances are she'll **** about with your life again!

Fair enough I don't know the girl and I have no right to judge her, but I was in your position about 6 months ago and the other thing I learnt from it is 'they **** you the first time and they'll **** you again'.

I don't someone else to suffer the way I did!

Dexx
*discriminated tone*
oh..i get it....it's because i'm green isn't it?

Dim
Good point actually..

Tex
Yeah Bad Boy is right.

Say she does decide to be with you and only you.
What's going to happen a couple of months down the road when she finds another potential boyfriend. She will probably pull the same crap all over again.

This 'choosing' business is a bunch of crap.
She is obviously not satisfied with you, and for that reason alone, you should cut your strings to her and move on!

I would never put up with crap like that. I respect myself too much as a person to allow my girlfriend to play e knee my knee moe with our relationship.

finti
well it looks like BF have made up his mind about the issue so...........

Tex
.........thread closure imminent?

zimbo
How about my opinion.??????

finti
how about NO, or are do you have an opinion based on experience?????????????? big grinbig grin

zimbo
What so funny??.......may be I have

Dexx
back fire. save this conversation, change the names, make it look a little more melodramatic and a bit less related to her, print it and show it to her.
Make it like a:
"hey...looki what i found on the net!"
smile

finti
wow aint you the brain Dexx. You wouldnt happen to go by the name of Dr Love too?

Bad Boy
Having problems with your relationship?
Needing someone to talk to?
Nedding some advice?

Then go to www.dexx-lovemeister.com and you'll find all the answers you'll need!

wink

Dexx
jesus...i like the look of that!!! who knows...maybe in a couple of years big grin

finti
wow maybe not when they hear the Lovmeister is Vlad Tepez

BackFire349
you guys made some good points that i didnt think about... thanks guys.

Dexx
no!..don't tell her about vlad!!! smile

finti
D R A C U L A

Bad Boy
aarrrggghhh!!!

Thomas H
mm

Bad Boy
huh?

Tex
Where's Vampire Princess when we need her?

Captain REX
Hey! Look what I found at the forums on www.dexx-lovemeister.com! The member seems strangely familiar...

Tex
Dr. Love looks like Kramer from Seinfeld.

Captain REX
I guess he and Dexx have something in common then...

BackFire349
well, i told her to go packing, and that i dotn want anything to do with her anymore. i told her she ruined any chance of us ever being together again with all this nonsense she's been forcing upon me and that ill be better off with her out of my life. she was sad and crying, but who cares, she deserves some pain after what she's put me through. so ladies... im single again big grin

Tex
You Monster!!!!

Just kidding!wink

Poor bf.
It must be hard on you too.
It takes time to get over things like this. She will eventually realise the error of her ways and hopefully learn not to commit the same mistakes in future relationships.

You sound like a nice guy who deserves an equally nice and respectable squeeze!

Your better off without her, I think.

Dexx
gee...i immagine you're feeling life's freedom again.
Just don't go like austin powers at the beggining of the spy who shagged me.

P.S: That avatar looks exactly like kramer.
*thinks of kramer weilding a saber*
the mods must've changed it. wink

mechmoggy
I think you've made the right decision BackFire, the girl was obviously not mature enough to appreciate the benefits of a good relationship.

Now go get your glad-rags on and meet up with Ush for a drink, he's a totty magnet don'tcha know. wink

Bad Boy
You can go get your knob played with now!

mechmoggy
Eeeeeer yeeeeeeeees, okay.

I must say a visit to see a certain "Minty Rhino" may be required to make you feel better BF. Only a suggestion of course. big grin

BackFire349
i have no idea what you are talking about sir. smile

Captain REX
You guys are all odd. And yes, that is Kramer. big grin

Dexx
*looks at BF*
my god!..you are relieved...bastardsmile

Bad Boy
ON MY CAR!!!

Captain REX
You have a car? I'm getting one...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.