Should there be a Forerunner-Flood War Halo game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
I think that Bungie should make a Halo game that's during the events of the Forerunner-Flood war. This battle is what caused the Human-Covenant war and the rising of Master Chief and I think this would be epic wouldn't you agree?

Ridley_Prime
Meh.

That's the only thing I can think to say, other than that maybe they should stop milking this successful series while they're ahead. I guess a trilogy wasn't enough.

THE JLRTENJAC
Either that or a book, give more background on the Forerunners and flood.

Ridley_Prime
Ah, yeah. Another book would be fine too.

Smasandian
Another chance to fight against the Flood. Considering me out. They were boring as hell to fight against.

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by Smasandian
Another chance to fight against the Flood. Considering me out. They were boring as hell to fight against.
I agree I don't like fighting the flood and I would rather keep the Forerunners a mystery.

Smasandian
Yeah, even though if I actually enjoyed the story to a point where I would want to know, I would rather have the story be told through a gameplay sequence instead of having its very own game.

Similiar to how Bioshock was told.

ChakraStrings
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, even though if I actually enjoyed the story to a point where I would want to know, I would rather have the story be told through a gameplay sequence instead of having its very own game.

Similiar to how Bioshock was told.

aye, I think that'd make the most sense - something along of those lines. How about Bungie creating a game revovling around the events of the Arbiter after Halo 3 - (sort of like an expansion pack?)

The Arbiter and a band of Elites could go exploring the universe to hints about the mysterious history in regards to the Forerunners.

See, the only problem with any sort of game like that is the damned Flood. The damned, damned, damned Flood.

Perhaps allowing the player to play as a Flood character however...

Smasandian
Which would be boring in itself also.

The Flood as enemies are awful. Only good for maybe three levels at most, or as a scare tatic. But for all the Halo series, they sucked. It doesnt help that Bungie are one of the worst FPS level designers out there which combined with the Flood created one of the worst levels in FPS history.

Nemesis X
Alright enough with the Flood bashing.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Alright enough with the Flood bashing.

No, they are boring and shit villains, deal with it.

Personally I hope the Halo series dies now but since that's not the case I'd like a game that didn't involve the flood, the only time they were of any use was in the first game as a surprise since they are no longer needed I'd like to see a new war with new characters.

Ridley_Prime
Gravemind was pretty cool though. Too bad they didn't make you able to fight him or anything, let alone actually see him in Halo 3 like you did in Halo 2.

But yeah. The Flood themselves are terrible enemies. Sorry.

Icy Ninja
Flood were alright enemies in Halo:CE, they added in a nice fear/shock factor but they work best when you are also fighting the covenant. The biggest problem I have with the flood is they are placed in levels with the worst designed or confusing levels(Cortona/Library).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.