British people are dumb too. (Not all of you, obviously.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
I found this article quite humorous. There were a few things in here that could only have been uttered or written by a British person. (The "biscuit" one comes to mind.)

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-news/beaches-too-sandy-fish-scare-the-kids-its-a-fawlty-towers-world-for-some-tourists-20090411-a3hb.html

It just makes me feel better knowing that there are plenty of stupid British people out there. Some British folk are so arrogant and uppity about how superior, intellectually, they are. Take THAT British people. HA! laughing

On another note, Aussies are apparantly cool people. (In both senses of "cool".)

RogerRamjet
too ****in' long...

Röland
tl;dr

Rogue Jedi
I was at a topless beach once.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by dadudemon

On another note, Aussies are apparantly cool people. (In both senses of "cool".)

sexy too

Sanctuary
Y-you of all people have a problem with others being arrogant?

Rogue Jedi
British people arrogant? Nooooooooooooooo.......

Kostabot
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I was at a topless beach once.

Hidden in the bushes with a camera?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sanctuary
Y-you of all people have a problem with others being arrogant?

There's a difference between actually being gooood, and thinking you're better than everyone else, love. 313

evillaugh

Edit- When it comes to academia, my wife thinks I am absurdly arrogant...because I always have to have the highest grade in all my classes...which the vast majority of the time, I do. no expression But, that's pretty much it. I'm a has been football player and I'm ugly with a shady sense of humor, at best. I don't see how that equates arrogance.

Originally posted by Kostabot
Hidden in the bushes with a camera?

lol

We're both in the bushes next to him, though. no expression

Sanctuary
There's a difference between actually being gooood, and thinking you're better than everyone else, love. 313

evillaugh

Edit- When it comes to academia, my wife thinks I am absurdly arrogant...because I always have to have the highest grade in all my classes...which the vast majority of the time, I do. no expression But, that's pretty much it. I'm a has been football player and I'm ugly with a shady sense of humor, at best. I don't see how that equates arrogance.
Case in point.

It's great that you're so delusional proud of yourself. 313

Also nice work with all teh editing to make yourself look better.

dadudemon
Case in point.

It's great that you're so delusional proud of yourself. 313

Also nice work with all teh editing to make yourself look better.

laughing out loud

look "better"?

So who's delusional? The travel freak, or the realist. hmmmm....

wink

Sanctuary
laughing out loud

look "better"?

So who's delusional? The travel freak, or the realist. hmmmm....

wink
Come on, we both know..

Ax3l
A rude Frenchman?! Well, I never!

dadudemon
Come on, we both know..

Yes. We both know you're quite a cutie flirt. And a soft spot for cute little animals.

Sanctuary
Yes. We both know you're quite a cutie flirt. And a soft spot for cute little animals.
I'm a soft spot for cute little animals? blink

Marius teached Yuki sit! coot

Kostabot
lol

We're both in the bushes next to him, though. no expression

Nah. I'm about half a click out to sea with a periscope. wink

dadudemon
I'm a soft spot for cute little animals? blink

Lulz.

I see what you did there you British person, you. I have an automatic handicap because I'm American. Besides, there's an understood ellipsis there. AHA!

Marius teached Yuki sit! coot

That is too cute. I would love to see a vid of that. Have good ol' Bards post it up as a vid in the pet thread.

Nah. I'm about half a click out to sea with a periscope. wink

Good show, chap. That will keep you out of the ringer.

Kram3r

Yes.

RogerRamjet
that's a pile o' dingo crap an you know it!

lil bitchiness
...then we release you're American and feel better about everything.

dadudemon
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

That doesn't count; you're Canadian now. big grin

Kostabot

Bravo!

gefallen_engel
How the hell can a beach be too sandy?

Rogue Jedi
Hidden in the bushes with a camera? ninja

Ms Chelle
There are a few British men I fine incredibly attractive.
2 of which I know personally... another I was watching on the tv earlier tonight and a few others.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ms Chelle
There are a few British men I fine incredibly attractive.
2 of which I know personally... another I was watching on the tv earlier tonight and a few others. Are they dumb?

Originally posted by gefallen_engel
How the hell can a beach be too sandy? I guess some people like pebbly beaches, personally I find sand superior.

Rogue Jedi
Unless its in the crack of your ass.

Bardock42
Unless its in the crack of your ass. Nope, still find sand superior to pebbles in my ass.

Ms Chelle
Originally posted by Bardock42
Are they dumb?

Sometimes they do dumb things but that's subject to opinion and has nothing to do with being British.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ms Chelle
Sometimes they do dumb things but that's subject to opinion and has nothing to do with being British. That sounds a bit off topic then mhm

Ms Chelle
That sounds a bit off topic then mhm Not really... and if it were. I dun't care. teehee

The Grey Fox
See, the basis of this thread only applies to a lot of Americans, who see British people as just 'British people'. It doesn't really make sense to me, since those people quoted could be from anywhere in Britain. I mean... of course 'British people' are stupid too... ever visited Camden, or Birmingham, or Manchester? A lot of people there are very, very stupid (no offense to those cities, and I know that makes me sound like a prejudice *******). But other areas, not so much.

What my exact point is, I don't know, but I'm sure I had one when I started typing.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
See, the basis of this thread only applies to a lot of Americans, who see British people as just 'British people'. It doesn't really make sense to me, since those people quoted could be from anywhere in Britain. I mean... of course 'British people' are stupid too... ever visited Camden, or Birmingham, or Manchester? A lot of people there are very, very stupid (no offense to those cities, and I know that makes me sound like a prejudice *******). But other areas, not so much.

What my exact point is, I don't know, but I'm sure I had one when I started typing.

I heard on the radio from a British person that if you are a citizen of the UK, you are called British first, and then things like "Glaswegian" second. Amirite?

I find the rudely arrogant Brits to be from East Midland, London, Eastern, and South East....and probably Northern Yorkshire....k...how about just England then.

The Grey Fox
I heard on the radio from a British person that if you are a citizen of the UK, you are called British first, and then things like "Glaswegian" second. Amirite?

I find the rudely arrogant Brits to be from East Midland, London, Eastern, and South East....and probably Northern Yorkshire....k...how about just England then. Kinda. I consider myself 'English' more than British, but same thing, really. Then Londoner second.

Oh you would, you damn American! sly What with your Texas, your Mississippi, your California, your New York, your, your... NORTH CAROLINA!

dadudemon
Kinda. I consider myself 'English' more than British, but same thing, really. Then Londoner second.

Oh you would, you damn American! sly What with your Texas, your Mississippi, your California, your New York, your, your... NORTH CAROLINA!

Indeed. All of those places except California and New York are full of Red Necks. So you would be mostly correct, bro. big grin

The Grey Fox
Indeed. All of those places except California and New York are full of Red Necks. So you would be mostly correct, bro. big grin Oh. I wasn't actually expecting to be right th- I mean, you're damn right I am!

dadudemon
Oh. I wasn't actually expecting to be right th- I mean, you're damn right I am!

RUN FOR THE HILLLLLZ! It's another arrogant Brit!

The Grey Fox
RUN FOR THE HILLLLLZ! It's another arrogant Brit! Don't make me throw my cuppa tea at you.

dadudemon
Don't make me throw my cuppa tea at you.

You had better keep your biscuits to your self.

GCG
I found this article quite humorous. There were a few things in here that could only have been uttered or written by a British person. (The "biscuit" one comes to mind.)

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-news/beaches-too-sandy-fish-scare-the-kids-its-a-fawlty-towers-world-for-some-tourists-20090411-a3hb.html

It just makes me feel better knowing that there are plenty of stupid British people out there. Some British folk are so arrogant and uppity about how superior, intellectually, they are. Take THAT British people. HA! laughing

Its not about dumbness. I worked in the hospitality industry for 7 years and I do know that disgruntled customers who cannot be happy (because they choose to be difficult) will do their utmost to get a refund.

They're not dumb. Just trying it on.

dadudemon
Originally posted by GCG
Its not about dumbness. I worked in the hospitality industry for 7 years and I do know that disgruntled customers who cannot be happy (because they choose to be difficult) will do their utmost to get a refund.

They're not dumb. Just trying it on.

No. They're dumb.

There are stories JUST like this for Americans.

Would you EVER get pissed about there not being any air conditioning outside?

Would you ever think to talk down to an entire countries culture because they have a Siesta? That's retarded and arrogant at the same time. British to the max. Just so you don't think I'm pulling shit out of my ass, the Aussies rather dislike British people because of their uppity attitudes. They call them Whinging Poms.

This fits the definition perfectly:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=winging+pom

Now, I'm not saying that all Brits are like this, cause they are not. Most of the ones who post here are quite cool. However, I've worked with Whinging Poms and they suck. It's always the Brits that are like that....I've never met another people that didn't fit the bill so well for a Whinging Pom in the work place. I thinks it's part of your culture. Just like it's part of American culture to have to get everything big and awesome and eat large portions.

GCG
No. They're dumb.

Would you ever think to talk down to an entire countries culture because they have a Siesta? That's retarded and arrogant at the same time. British to the max. Just so you don't think I'm pulling shit out of my ass, the Aussies rather dislike British people because of their uppity attitudes. They call them Whinging Poms.

Now, I'm not saying that all Brits are like this, cause they are not. Most of the ones who post here are quite cool. However, I've worked with Whinging Poms and they suck. It's always the Brits that are like that....I've never met another people that didn't fit the bill so well for a Whinging Pom in the work place. I thinks it's part of your culture. Just like it's part of American culture to have to get everything big and awesome and eat large portions.

laughing out loud Im not exactly British. Im half british half maltese. I understand where you are coming from, and I too had to defend culture against obtuse individuals who resorted to belligerent behaviour.

Still 'dumb' people are found in every country around the world.

gefallen_engel
Are they dumb?

I guess some people like pebbly beaches, personally I find sand superior.

I would take sand over pebbles any day

Robtard
Originally posted by gefallen_engel
I would take sand over pebbles any day

That should be the new topic of this thread, as it's far more interesting than 'tourist complaints'.

Beaches, sand or pebbles, which is superior?

Rogue Jedi
Jedi.

Bardock42
Sand, for most things. If you are with the "walky on cold beach for miles looking at grey sea" type people I'd vote for pebbles though.

Rogue Jedi
I like squishy sand between my toes.

lil bitchiness
That doesn't count; you're Canadian now. big grin

happy Soon, I'll be totally Canadian.

However, I suspect there will be even more jokes in that case stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
A Brazilian Canadian? Brazadian? Branadian? Cazilian?

lil bitchiness
A Brazilian Canadian? Brazadian? Branadian? Cazilian?

Ahahahahahaha!! Brazadian!

How many million are there in a Brazilian? Or in a Cazilian?

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by Robtard
That should be the new topic of this thread, as it's far more interesting than 'tourist complaints'.

Beaches, sand or pebbles, which is superior?
10 bucks says thats RJ's next thread haermm

Rogue Jedi
Ahahahahahaha!! Brazadian!

How many million are there in a Brazilian? Or in a Cazilian? Lil is one in a million eek!

Robtard
Lil is one in a million eek!

So there's about 6,700 LilB's out there, damn, that's a lot of ****ing I still have to do.

edit: and a lot of lube to buy

Kinkin
No. They're dumb.

lol @ you.

Neo Darkhalen
No. They're dumb.

More so for Americans I would gather. biscuits

I just wonder if that is serious and not say...a joke to poke fun at the British when they go on holiday.

Kinkin
laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
So there's about 6,700 LilB's out there, damn, that's a lot of ****ing I still have to do.

edit: and a lot of lube to buy Yeah, you blend.

Slay
I was in a little village along the coastline of Spain last year and the town was filled with fat, sun-burnt and loud British people. Almost all of them had an England jersey of either Beckham or Owen probably from a couple of years back, and they all had shaved heads.

Rogue Jedi
Cancer patients?

Slay
Cancer patients?
Nah, they had like a crew cut. And eyebrows. Did I mention they were fat by the way?

Rogue Jedi
Fat cancer patients?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.