Who draws your favourite character the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
Who - for you - draws your favourite character/s the best?

Can be ONE OF your favourites if you can't make up your mind lol, maybe 3 favourites but lets not start running down the alphabet or anything.

Mine would be;

Pat Zirchers - Cable.

Michael Turners - Captain America & his Wolverine.

Honourable mention goes to UDON's Taskmaster.

You?

Warrior18
Gabriele Dell'Otto - Logan,Cap and DD.

Come to think of it Gabriele Dell'Otto - any comic character.

Raoul
Jim Lee, Joe Madureira, Mike Choi - Cyclops
Whilce Portacio, Jim Lee, Joe Madureira, Mike Choi - Colossus
Joe Madureira, Jim Lee - Psylocke

Most other of my marvel faves, i dun mind, as long as its not lenil francis yu. he's not bad, just not what i prefer...

Superman - Ed Benes, Jim Lee
Flash (Wally) - Ed Benes, Howard Porter
Red Tornado - Ed Benes

Basically Benes for everyone, really, bar maybe GL. Ivan Reis is pretty damn good...

Warrior18
Originally posted by Warrior18
Gabriele Dell'Otto - Logan,Cap and DD.

Come to think of it Gabriele Dell'Otto - any comic character.

Oh and the guy who did the Mandarin in the Director of Shield Haunted storyline when he fought the Mandarin at the end.

Roberto De La Torre I think.

Charmander
Ron Lim

chomperx9
I cant decide their are so many damn good artists that draw my favorite characters

-K-M-
Rob Liefield
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/RLAF.jpg

Mmmmmhmmmm...good.

Symmetric Chaos
That's not bad at all blink

Original Smurph
The feet placement is hilarious.

Still good, for Liefield.

Deathstroke
Iron Man - Adi Granov

Deathstroke - Scott Mcdaniel maybe? Rags Morales? I can't really think of an artist for DS that really stood out.

Raoul
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Iron Man - Adi Granov

Deathstroke - Scott Mcdaniel maybe? Rags Morales? I can't really think of an artist for DS that really stood out.

doug mahnke drew a decent one, iirc...

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Raoul
doug mahnke drew a decent one, iirc...
Mike Mckone's was pretty decent I guess too. hmmm...

celestialdemon
Thanos - Rom Lim and George Perez

Aztec123
I have no idea, when it comes to artist. big grin
But, i like how wonder woman is drawn in the JLA, along with all the other female superheroes. They all look gorgeous and can kick ass. Whoever is currently drawing Hal jordan, is also doing an excellent job. As for Superman, i like how he's drawn in "New Krypton" and John Brynes era (190-200) somewhere along those lines where he and diana collide etc... The current teen titans kick ass as well, i like how aquagirl and wondergirl look. love

Nihilist
Originally posted by Charmander
Ron Lim Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thanos - Rom Lim and George Perez
thumb up

Divito is pretty good as well.

Zombie Snail
Gary Frank or Alex Ross for Superman.

Ivan Reis for Hal Jordan

Jim Lee for Batman.

peejayd
* Cyclops - Ed Benes, Jim Lee, Ian Churchill
* group pics - David Finch

Digi
Jimenez, for nearly anything except Spider-Man. I don't like his Spidey. Anything else, I adore.

-Pr-
Originally posted by peejayd
* Cyclops - Ed Benes, Jim Lee, Ian Churchill
* group pics - David Finch

damn, knew i forgot churchill.

Originally posted by Digi
Jimenez, for nearly anything except Spider-Man. I don't like his Spidey. Anything else, I adore.

jimenez, realy?

Digi
Originally posted by -Pr-
jimenez, realy?

yes

Loved him in Infinite Crisis, as well as a story he wrote and drew called Other World, which has the most stunning artwork I've ever seen. I made a thread about it a while back with some pics, but most of the links have gone bad. Only 1 is working properly, last I checked.

-Pr-
yes

Loved him in Infinite Crisis, as well as a story he wrote and drew called Other World, which has the most stunning artwork I've ever seen. I made a thread about it a while back with some pics, but most of the links have gone bad. Only 1 is working properly, last I checked.

fair enough, i've just never been a fan of the guy, for some reason. same with george perez. i mean, i can appreciate the body of work and all, but it just doesn't do it for me the way others would...

willRules
Spider-man- honourable mentions go to John Romita jr and Terry Dodson, but my favourite is Mark Bagley's Spidey.

I also think most characters drawn by Jim Lee are brilliant, but he probably draws Batman best.

Joe Quesada draws a great Daredevil.

X-men- Jim Lee or John Cassidy.

I thought JG Jone's work on Wanted was incredible and that's the style I would have liked to have seen in Final Crisis.

-Pr-
Originally posted by willRules
Spider-man- honourable mentions go to John Romita jr and Terry Dodson, but my favourite is Mark Bagley's Spidey.

I also think most characters drawn by Jim Lee are brilliant, but he probably draws Batman best.

Joe Quesada draws a great Daredevil.

X-men- Jim Lee or John Cassidy.

I thought JG Jone's work on Wanted was incredible and that's the style I would have liked to have seen in Final Crisis.

JG Jones did draw the first few issues of Final Crisis, didnt he?

willRules
JG Jones did draw the first few issues of Final Crisis, didnt he?

Yeah, but it's a completely different style and tone to Wanted. Wanted had a flamboyant and almost cartoonish style that worked for a balls to the wall, explosive action story. I thought that would be awesome for Final Crisis. His art in Final Crisis was very good, but I was a little disappointed. It felt a little rushed and awkward, especially when held up against Wanted or Marvel Boy. sad

-Pr-
Yeah, but it's a completely different style and tone to Wanted. Wanted had a flamboyant and almost cartoonish style that worked for a balls to the wall, explosive action story. I thought that would be awesome for Final Crisis. His art in Final Crisis was very good, but I was a little disappointed. It felt a little rushed and awkward, especially when held up against Wanted or Marvel Boy. sad

oh, i see. i haven't read wanted, so i honestly don't know the difference. i can see why you're disappointed, though. i hate when an artist changes their style for a book you've been dying for them to do in their old style...

Blair Wind
yes

New links then smile

WhoopeeDee
Jim Lee always a popular choice.

Jim Aparo for both Batman and Superman.

Norm Breyfogle when he draws The Penguin...I love his facial expressions.

I just looooove Darwyn Cooke when draws the DCU. mmm

Now, a lot of fans love Ed Benes when it comes to drawing women. Which I do agree...but I will say Adam Hughes does a great job as well...I love how he draws Selina. love

-Pr-
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Jim Lee always a popular choice.

Jim Aparo for both Batman and Superman.

Norm Breyfogle when he draws The Penguin...I love his facial expressions.

I just looooove Darwyn Cooke when draws the DCU. mmm

Now, a lot of fans love Ed Benes when it comes to drawing women. Which I do agree...but I will say Adam Hughes does a great job as well...I love how he draws Selina. love

adam hughes' selina is gorgeous, no doubt, but i can't stand his wonder woman, and his power girl is barely passable a lot of the time, imo.

i think it's when he tries to give them muscle and curves that he has problems, but his selina doesn't have to worry about that...

Galan007
ethan van sciver: flash.
frank quitely: all-star superman.

willRules
oh, i see. i haven't read wanted, so i honestly don't know the difference. i can see why you're disappointed, though. i hate when an artist changes their style for a book you've been dying for them to do in their old style...

Yeah, totally, and I mean no disrespect to his art in FC, it's still very good, just not the same IMO yes

-Pr-
Yeah, totally, and I mean no disrespect to his art in FC, it's still very good, just not the same IMO yes

i had that same issue when ed benes left superman to go draw jla. he got a new inker and a new colorist, and he tried to draw more grown up stuff. i find it funny that after a while, he's gone back to his superman type style...

willRules
The Wonder Woman in your sig is Ed Benes, right????

The Nuul
No, its Steve Dillon.

-Pr-
The Wonder Woman in your sig is Ed Benes, right????

the one on the left, aye.

Originally posted by The Nuul
No, its Steve Dillon.

laughing out loud

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
New links then smile

I doubt I still have them saved on my cpu. I'd have to dig up the issues from my haphazard collection and scan them in again. Not worth it for the sake of a few nice drawings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.