Wolverine and Elektra vs Gotham

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phantom Zone
Wolverine and Elektra decide to invade Gotham and take it over from Batman.

W & E (Wolverine and Elektra) hire Microchip and Stu Clark to analyse Gotham for a month, while doing this Stu and Micro have a whole SHIELD hellicarrier of resources to use (im assuming the hellicarrier has resources that Stu and Micro could use).

After a month W & E meet up with Stu and Micro to discuss a plan of attack they have a 2 weeks to come up with a plan they then decide to invade Gotham. Elektra has 100 Hand ninjas as back up and her and Wolverine can use any resources from the hellicarrier or prep from Stu and Micro.

Micro and Stu cannot participate in the attack just give prep and ideas. Batman may have some idea hes being watched ( at most will get a feeling that something is going on but won't know who it is or the exact plan) but cannot start a counterstrike until the team put plan into action.

Phantom Zone
Oh and Batman can ask the Bat family for help. Wolverine and Elektra are able to get allies if they can to help them overtake Gotham as well.

Also add Blade to the heros attacking Gotham.

Warrior18
Batman rings up the rest of the JLA. eek!

Phantom Zone
Not allowed. When I meant W,E and Blaed could get allies i meant from Gotham.

Raoul
i don't see the likes of Black Mask, Penguin and the Joker teaming up with Logan's team... They'd just be trading one team of vigilantes for another...

golem370
Before they attack did the prep give them truth about Batman aka Bruce Wayne? If so they could show the authorities the truth and they might try and stop Wayne and put in jail for taking the law in his own hand.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Raoul
i don't see the likes of Black Mask, Penguin and the Joker teaming up with Logan's team... They'd just be trading one team of vigilantes for another...

Its actually possible that Wolverine could convince Penguin to work for him. Wolverine has worked with organised crime before and Penguin is a pragmatist.

Originally posted by golem370
Before they attack did the prep give them truth about Batman aka Bruce Wayne? If so they could show the authorities the truth and they might try and stop Wayne and put in jail for taking the law in his own hand.

I would assume they could learn alot but not neccesarily thats hes Bruce Wayne, that would be stretching it.

Phantom Zone
OOPs sorry.

golem370
That was a question do they learn Wayne's secret? You said that they had 30 days of prep using Sheild's technology I think it wouldn't be impossible

Phantom Zone
That was a question do they ascern Waynes secret?

No they dont but if you could conivince me they could then I might change my mind.

golem370
You said that they had 30 days of prep using Sheild's technology. I am sure Wayne would be a target because of his money and power. Anybody with a decent intellect could see Batman has high tech toys which takes ample funds and if they checked Waynes back ground and see his family were murdered that they're a connection between Batman and Wayne.

Phantom Zone
You said that they had 30 days of prep using Sheild's technology. I am sure Wayne would be a target because of his money and power. Anybody with a decent intellect could see Batman has high tech toys which takes ample funds and if they checked Waynes back ground and see his family were murdered that they're a connection between Batman and Wayne.

In the real world yeah but in comics Steel cant even figure out that Clark Kent is Superman. erm

Enyalus
Blade, Elektra, and Wolverine probably take this. I mean, just one of the basic things they'd get from SHIELD that I can think of off-hand is a wrist-watch cloaking device that renders you completely invisible...even to other SHIELD tech. That alone would make these three completely deadly to anyone in Gotham, the Batman included. Then, you've got forcefields capable of tanking missile fire and all the high-tech weapons and travel equipment (Fury's personal jet or whatever its called is one example)....

Added to that is all three are either highly trained SHIELD black OPs members or have been in the past...Gotham doesn't have a shot. I don't even think the 100 Hand ninjas are needed.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Enyalus
Blade, Elektra, and Wolverine probably take this. I mean, just one of the basic things they'd get from SHIELD that I can think of off-hand is a wrist-watch cloaking device that renders you completely invisible...even to other SHIELD tech. That alone would make these three completely deadly to anyone in Gotham, the Batman included. Then, you've got forcefields capable of tanking missile fire and all the high-tech weapons and travel equipment (Fury's personal jet or whatever its called is one example)....

Added to that is all three are either highly trained SHIELD black OPs members or have been in the past...Gotham doesn't have a shot. I don't even think the 100 Hand ninjas are needed.

I would think that Batman probably has more tech than 1 shield hellicarrier, he can also get help from Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin and possibly Huntress...if Nightwing convinces him.

Batman will also have help from the authorities.

golem370
You gave the marvel guys 30 days of prep and Batman only the thought of something going on. Team Marvel wins

Helicarrier- http://home.gate.net/~furyofshield/shield/weapons/helicarrier.html

Warrior18
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Not allowed. When I meant W,E and Blaed could get allies i meant from Gotham.

Just messing. wink

golem370
I would say they attack the power of gotham electricity, water, police, and like I said Wayne Enterprises and manor.

Raoul
Its actually possible that Wolverine could convince Penguin to work for him. Wolverine has worked with organised crime before and Penguin is a pragmatist.

i don't agree. not about the pragmatist part, but about the "working with us" part. logan would have to offer some serious incentive to get penguin on board, imo...

golem370
How about Wolverine promises not to gut Penguin for his corporation

Survivor19
Of course they discover Batman is bruce Wayne.
Wolvy sniffung FTW

Raoul
How about Wolverine promises not to gut Penguin for his corporation

that fear just gives penguin more reason to tell batman everything...

golem370
Well it sounds to me like Wolverine and Penguin are discussing the matter and I doubt Wolverine would let him leave if he doesn't join their side. Can Blade turn people into vamps?

Phantom Zone
i don't agree. not about the pragmatist part, but about the "working with us" part. logan would have to offer some serious incentive to get penguin on board, imo...

Wolverines has worked with the mafia and they have a whole hellicarrier of resources.

Battlehammer
Can wolverine get people he has under his controll for help?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Can wolverine get people he has under his controll for help? who the hell does wolverine have under his control?

Battlehammer
all of the martial art dojo's in china town.

Starscream M
all of the martial art dojo's in china town. in china town? what city?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
in china town? what city?

Sanfransico. He the black dragon.

Mindset
all of the martial art dojo's in china town. Didn't that kind of not happen since he left china town?

Phantom Zone
Well it sounds to me like Wolverine and Penguin are discussing the matter and I doubt Wolverine would let him leave if he doesn't join their side. Can Blade turn people into vamps?

No he wouldnt do that.

Can wolverine get people he has under his controll for help?

Sorry should have made myself more clear. The only allies he can get are from Gotham but only if you can convince me or others that he can get people on his side.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't that kind of not happen since he left china town?
no he took the role as black dragon. He however the first time simply left.

golem370
They send down a knock out gas that blankets the city and who ever left gets over run by ninjas and Blade Elektra and Wolverine.

Battlehammer
Elektra could deffiently get some of the villains on her side.

also bat family was packing a lot of stuff they get killed

Phantom Zone
Elektra could deffiently get some of the villains on her side.

Probably but I can also see Batman saying something like "These guys are worse than me they kill." I can see a gigantic gangwar taking place.

also bat family was packing a lot of stuff they get killed

Come again?

Martian_mind
Jason Todd soloes.

Then kills the rest of the Bat Family.

Before bedding Elektra.

.....and Wolverine.

Battlehammer
so are they attacking batman or all of gothem

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jason Todd soloes.

Then kills the rest of the Bat Family.

Before bedding Elektra.

.....and Wolverine.

lol

Phantom Zone
so are they attacking batman or all of gothem

They're trying to take Gotham over from Batman.

Battlehammer
so is batman gunna try and fight them or naw?

Phantom Zone
so is batman gunna try and fight them or naw?

Yeah of course.

Konton
I'd say Elektra could take out regular old police platoons no matter the number by herself. She has a habit of entering rooms filled with armed people and killing them all before a single bullet is fired. She also has this seemingly omnipresent ability to just always know where her targets are no matter their location. Combine this with all the resources she's given and I say she's the biggest threat to Gotham.

Throw in Blade/Wolverine to take out big opposing threats like possible villain/Batman alliances and I'd say the city goes down hard. And with the Hand on their side it happens pretty fast. The only real obstacle is fighting Batman himself on his own turf. And I don't see him finding a way to down Wolverine (healing factor shenanigan) with such little prep.

City loses. But Batman puts up a good fight regardless.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Konton
I'd say Elektra could take out regular old police platoons no matter the number by herself. She has a habit of entering rooms filled with armed people and killing them all before a single bullet is fired. She also has this seemingly omnipresent ability to just always know where her targets are no matter their location. Combine this with all the resources she's given and I say she's the biggest threat to Gotham.

Throw in Blade/Wolverine to take out big opposing threats like possible villain/Batman alliances and I'd say the city goes down hard. And with the Hand on their side it happens pretty fast. The only real obstacle is fighting Batman himself on his own turf. And I don't see him finding a way to down Wolverine (healing factor shenanigan) with such little prep.

City loses. But Batman puts up a good fight regardless.

Great minds think alike. cool

Scoobless
With all that prep time they'd soon realise the biggest obstacle is Batman and focus on ways of finding/neutralising him asap. With all their gadgetry and Wolverine's basic tracking skills they should uncover his location/identity within a couple of weeks at most. After that it's simply a matter of taking Wayne down while he's away from the majority of his resources and under the cover of jammed communications.

After that they can simply take down the Underworld of Gotham one at a time.

I do not see this task turning into any kind of large force vs force brawl.

Sin I AM
I also think your underestimating the resourcefulness of the Bat and his family. Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, Oracle, Huntress, Azreal, Catwoman (Selina Kyle and Holly Robinson), Spoiler, Damien Wayne, Batwoman, Jason Todd ans Zatanna all call Gotham home and will come to his aid.

Joker, Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face, Ra's al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, the Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Bane, Killer Croc, the Mad Hatter, Clayface, Man-Bat, the Ventriloquist, Black Mask, Poison Ivy,Talia al Ghul, Hush, Deadshot to name a few of the villians that reside in Gotham that will not let a these three take over their city

futhermore batcave> helicarrier, with or without prep

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I also think your underestimating the resourcefulness of the Bat and his family. Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, Oracle, Huntress, Azreal, Catwoman (Selina Kyle and Holly Robinson), Spoiler, Damien Wayne, Batwoman, Jason Todd ans Zatanna all call Gotham home and will come to his aid.

Joker, Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face, Ra's al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, the Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Bane, Killer Croc, the Mad Hatter, Clayface, Man-Bat, the Ventriloquist, Black Mask, Poison Ivy,Talia al Ghul, Hush, Deadshot to name a few of the villians that reside in Gotham that will not let a these three take over their city

futhermore batcave> helicarrier, with or without prep

you missed his point.

He saying they will take batman out before anyone realizes what happening. onces he out there largest threat nuetralized. There also a good chances the bat family will start attacking the villains assuming it one of them

Sin I AM
I get their point battlehammer, but MY point is that it's easier said than done....Batman always has an appropriate response and these three, though well equipped aint blitzing Gotham that easily. Plus OP never stated that Stu and Chip discovered Waynes identity, it just stated that he "felt like he was being watched".

Add to that the fact that their INVADING Gotham as opposed to stealthily going up to Wayne Manor and killing him in his sleep, he has way better odds then they do. People seem to forget that Bruce has surveillance equipment thru-out the city himself he aint going out like that ....

Cassandra Cain neutralizes any version of Elektra
Nightwing destroys Blade
and all thats left is Wolverine, because the hand ninjas are cannon fodder.

Phantom Zone
People seem to forget that Bruce has surveillance equipment thru-out the city himself he aint going out like that ....

So true.

Nightwing destroys Blade
and all thats left is Wolverine, because the hand ninjas are cannon fodder.

Dunno about that.

Juk3n

Nightwing destroys Blade

srsly? no expression

Phantom Zone
Oh yeah im not sure if Azreal is active yet, Catwoman probably wont get involved.

Sin I AM
imo CC and Elektra cancel each other out
and Blade is nothing special to NW..so um yes
srsly

do u concur? or do u have an argument?

Phantom Zone
imo CC and Elektra cancel each other out
and Blade is nothing special to NW..so um yes
srsly

do u concur? or do u have an argument?

Possibly with CC and Elektra, I see Blade kicking NWs arse.

Sin I AM
hmmm well lets see

agility NW
speed Blade
h2h NW
durability Blade
stamina...hmmm id say toss-up on this 1
strength Blade

maybe your right, unless Jason Todd shows up then he's dead

Phantom Zone
hmmm well lets see

agility NW
speed Blade
h2h NW
durability Blade
stamina...hmmm id say toss-up on this 1
strength Blade

maybe your right, unless Jason Todd shows up then he's dead

Well it doesnt matter if NW is better at h2h than Blade hes going to be using weapons and apparently he has an adamantuim sword and he carries guns as well...I highly doubt NW has more stamina.

Im not sure if Jason todd would help, hell he might even help Wolverine and co.

Sin I AM
i think Jasons loyalty though on the surface seem antagonistic will rather team with Bruce than Logan...

Adamantium sword means nothing when he can be disarmed and correct me if im wrong but does Blade kill normal humans?

Phantom Zone
i think Jasons loyalty though on the surface seem antagonistic will rather team with Bruce than Logan...

Yeah you might be right.

Adamantium sword means nothing when he can be disarmed and correct me if im wrong but does Blade kill normal humans?

I highly doubt NW is disarming him. Why assume hes going to kill him, he can wound him you know. Lets not forget the gun.

kitkat619
Originally posted by Warrior18
Batman rings up the rest of the JLA. eek!

Wolverine has his Murasuma Blade which can cut through anything on a molecular level and its magic so Superman would be vulnerable to it. To tell the truth Wolverine could probably do it on his own.

Phantom Zone
No JLA allowed only allies from Gotham or and Bat family.

Mindset
Originally posted by kitkat619
Wolverine has his Murasuma Blade which can cut through anything on a molecular level and its magic so Superman would be vulnerable to it. To tell the truth Wolverine could probably do it on his own. facepalm

jinzin
any version of Elektra
Nightwing destroys Blade
and all thats left is Wolverine, because the hand ninjas are cannon fodder. no expression

no

Elektra mindrapes Cass while drawing her skills and capitalizing on her speed.

Nightwing would give Blade a decent workout and put up a fight but Blade will most likely cut him down before he has to worry.

"all that's left is Wolverine"?
no expression

The same Wolverine who killed more supervillains on one hellicarrier than there are in Gotham city?
The same Wolverine who's decimated entire cities and towns while under weapon X's control?
The same Wolverine who caused every government organization around the world to go on high alert when he remembered his past?
Who caused the US to go on lockdown when he got brainwashed?
Put down entire armies by himself.
Drove off the infestation of an entire demon nation who were made up of footsoldiers strong enough to clash with Hulk and wreck the danger room?

That Wolverine? Yeah it's just Wolverine.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And the Hand?

Cannon fodder?
Uh NO.

These are the guys who brought in those 200 supervillains Wolverine put down.
They've taken down Omega Level sentinals.
Almost killed Captain America.
Put the New Avengers into a defensive battle fritzing out Iron Man in the process.
Put an even larger team of New Avengers on the defensive to a point where Doc Strange foresaw the entire team getting killed if the fight had continued uninterrupted.
They've taken out Luke Cage quite easily.
Damn near killed Psylocke.
Overrun entire SHIELD establishments by force.
Fought the Japan defense force to a standstill.
Snuck up on Daredevil.
Put (pre-graydon enhanced) Creed on the defensive.

The only times these guys look like clowns is when they're forced into fighting Daredevil, Elektra, or Wolverine.

Daredevil and Elektra know everything about them, have trained in the same ways as they have and have powers on top of that, and Wolverine.. well... we already covered that.

no expression

Sin I AM
your point exactly....this is Batman

the day Wolverine solos Gotham is the day I stop reading comics

Battlehammer

the day Wolverine solos Gotham is the day I stop reading comics
who cares if it batman. He at a complete disadvantage. They could take him at anytime while he patrolling. They dont need to make them selfs known. Your talking about Blade who entire purposes is to stay hidden and take out vampire unknown to the humans. He the least stealthy of the group. Then you have elektra world class assassin and ninja and then there Logan who another trained ninja who has some of the best stealth out there. They are not going to simply let everyone know there attacking gothem there going to nuetralize the biggest threats. Your acting like there idiots.

Raoul
Originally posted by kitkat619
Wolverine has his Murasuma Blade which can cut through anything on a molecular level and its magic so Superman would be vulnerable to it. To tell the truth Wolverine could probably do it on his own.

Originally posted by Mindset
facepalm

Wolverines has worked with the mafia and they have a whole hellicarrier of resources.

and? how does that apply?

who cares if it batman. He at a complete disadvantage. They could take him at anytime while he patrolling. They dont need to make them selfs known. Your talking about Blade who entire purposes is to stay hidden and take out vampire unknown to the humans. He the least stealthy of the group. Then you have elektra world class assassin and ninja and then there Logan who another trained ninja who has some of the best stealth out there. They are not going to simply let everyone know there attacking gothem there going to nuetralize the biggest threats. Your acting like there idiots.

you acting like bruce is an idiot? badawe

if the team has blade, its a hell of a lot easier. without him... hmm. team for a slight majority imo.

and batman would wreck hand ninjas. seriously.

Sin I AM
OP stated INVADE, so from MY viewpoint they do it army style young man.

Battlehammer

you acting like bruce is an idiot? badawe

if the team has blade, its a hell of a lot easier. without him... hmm. team for a slight majority imo.

lol no I am actaing like a team with major prep can easily dispatch of batman before making them selves known the gothem.

Battlehammer
Army style? You know how many times we have militarially invaded a country in secret? loads of time. Not sure why you assume the term invade means that you make your presences known because it does not. It simply means your trying to take over another area and you enter it, nothing about invading means you need to make your self known right away

Phantom Zone

Are you serious? The point is that if his experience with dealing with organised crime will help him deal with the gangsters in Gotham.

In EOTS Hydra gave Wolverine tech and the whole superhero community was shitting their pants. The hellicarrier has useful tech.

How is it easier without Blade.

Possibly but hand ninjas have really ****ed some people up they are not always canon fodder and it depends on how they're used.

You dont have to take it literially. I thought I implied that various tactics would be used.

jinzin

the day Wolverine solos Gotham is the day I stop reading comics My point is self evident as you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

I didn't say Wolverine solos Gotham in a day so nice job on following along.

Konton

sad

Uh, wut? You expect a completely prepped trio of high-class killers with tons of goons and resources to just gun for it? No. Just....no.

snoopdogg
Your talking about Blade who entire purposes is to stay hidden and take out vampire unknown to the humans. He the least stealthy of the group. I don't know if you're knocking Blade or not but he's pretty stealthy. Remember he was the leader of an anti-terrorist black-ops team of superhumans that ran assassination missions for the U.S. government. Sh!t he singlehandedly snuck undetected into a North Korean nuclear facility and killed the head scientist there and then blew the joint up and apparently escaped scott free.

Your acting like there idiots. Good ol' battlehammer.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I don't know if you're knocking Blade or not but he's pretty stealthy. Remember he was the leader of an anti-terrorist black-ops team of superhumans that ran assassination missions for the U.S. government. Sh!t he singlehandedly snuck undetected into a North Korean nuclear facility and killed the head scientist there and then blew the joint up and apparently escaped scott free.

Good ol' battlehammer.

No I was not knocking him. I was stating he stays hidden and unknown from humans and he the least stealthy of the group which is saying something?

good ol battlehammer? You misread what I said. I know you think I was calling someone and idiot, becuase you love to bring up when I insult others, but I was saying that sin was suggesting that Blade, Elektra and Wolverine would expresses there desire to take over gotheum to all of gotheum, as if they lacked intellect

Sin I AM
ok, well that is the case then the thread is huge spite...I realise the trio wins the majority but cone on. A month load of prep, a helicarrier at their dispense, and immediately the go for the top gun solo? If that aint spite I don't know what is......

Battlehammer
yea it petty much spite

Sin I AM
Well 4 ONCE we agree, because if he knew about the Ninja Invasion even 5 minutes prior to the assault they'd all be dead before they past the line of scrimmage...

Battlehammer
lol 5 minuts? yea batman being overrated here.

Sin I AM
any NORMAL human who can neutralise the JLA can defeat a mutant, a vampire hunter, and a ninja chick. Batcave > helicarrier

Phantom Zone
ok, well that is the case then the thread is huge spite...I realise the trio wins the majority but cone on. A month load of prep, a helicarrier at their dispense, and immediately the go for the top gun solo? If that aint spite I don't know what is......

No its not spite at all.

1. Batman knows that something is going on but cannot create counter prep until the team actually put their attack into action. This means Batman will have already have a plan formulated in his head and will not be starting counter prep from scratch.

2. It was stated in the no mans land arc that batman not only has contingency plans but has contingencies for contingencies. He most likely has plans to deal with something like this. If you combine the fact he has a plan formulated and contingencies to an extent he has ready made prep.

3. The months prep is done by Stu and Microchip not the others, the others get 2 weeks discussing with Stu and Micro. Eventhough Stu and Micro are not idiots tactically they are not that amazing eg most of tactics are done by Punisher while Micro invents stuff.

4. Batman has more resources and more advanced tech than any of those guys can come up with in a month.

5. Batman potentially has more allies. NW, CC, Robin, Red Hood and Huntress, also criminals may side with Batman when they know that Wolverine and co are killers.....GPD as well.

Battlehammer
any NORMAL human who can neutralise the JLA can defeat a mutant, a vampire hunter, and a ninja chick. Batcave > helicarrier

assuming batman even at the batcave.

yea batman with 5 minuts is going to defeat the helicarrier thousands of hand ninjas and 3 meta humans all of which would beat him straight up no prep. Then there all extremely preped with tech that been used in things like IM suit. but yea your not overrating batman at all right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sin I AM
No its not spite at all.

2. It was stated in the no mans land arc that batman not only has contingency plans but has contingencies for contingencies. He most likely has plans to deal with something like this. If you combine the fact he has a plan formulated and contingencies to an extent he has ready made prep.

^^^ This is what I was referring to, everything else u stated I already figured out on my own. See what people dont underrstand that after the events of No Man's Land Bruce is not allowing anyone to take over Gotham, it all depends on how they'd make their first assault. Because if they target anyone other than him right off the bat their screwed.

Enyalus
Well 4 ONCE we agree, because if he knew about the Ninja Invasion even 5 minutes prior to the assault they'd all be dead before they past the line of scrimmage...
Your love of Batman may get in the way of our relationship, I think.

Phantom Zone
^^^ This is what I was referring to, everything else u stated I already figured out on my own. See what people dont underrstand that after the events of No Man's Land Bruce is not allowing anyone to take over Gotham, it all depends on how they'd make their first assault. Because if they target anyone other than him right off the bat their screwed.

Yes but then why did you state that its was spite then? Taking that into consideration its not. Also lets mention that after Bane and Ras Al Ghul hes going to be even more cautious.

Even if they kidnap Batman theres no guarantee they will win because he would have planned for that also.

Sin I AM
Yes but then why did you state that its was spite then? Taking that into consideration its not. Also lets mention that after Bane and Ras Al Ghul hes going to be even more cautious.

Even if they kidnap Batman theres no guarantee they will win because he would have planned for that also.

simply because the more and more post I read, it seemed as if you were setting Team Elektra up for the big win..ambushing him on a rooftop without any cleue that an invading force was in HIS city. All you did was give me clarification.

Raoul

wow. been a long time since i been called that. even bada doesn't call me that...

lol no I am actaing like a team with major prep can easily dispatch of batman before making them selves known the gothem.

his prep > theirs. stick out tongue

Are you serious? The point is that if his experience with dealing with organised crime will help him deal with the gangsters in Gotham.

In EOTS Hydra gave Wolverine tech and the whole superhero community was shitting their pants. The hellicarrier has useful tech.

experience is nice, but are you saying they're going to go after organised crime as well?

even bruce with all his resources can't do that...

i said easier with.

true, i just see batman doing well, seeing as him and his wards have fought similar enemy crowds before (ra's ninjas for example).

not saying it'll be easy, but i don't see the hand ninjas being something bruce and co couldnt overcome...

Phantom Zone
simply because the more and more post I read, it seemed as if you were setting Team Elektra up for the big win..ambushing him on a rooftop without any cleue that an invading force was in HIS city. All you did was give me clarification.

Nah he suspects something is going on he just doesnt know who they are and exactly what they're going to do. Microchip is a good hacker and with Stus help could do some damage but its highly unlikely that Batman would not detect anything.

However he cant physically do anything until they start their attack. Bare in mind im assuming the team will use all sorts of attacks eg ambush, hacking, making deals with gangs and corrupt police etc. Its not just about beating Batman its about bringing Gotham to its knees so they can take over. Like you said if you give Bats 5 mins on his home territory that could be all he needs....maybe giving him no prep was too much.

Phantom Zone

experience is nice, but are you saying they're going to go after organised crime as well?

All im saying is that Wolverines experience will help him make deals with organised crime that is all. Im just saying its going to help.

even bruce with all his resources can't do that...

That may be due to him being unwilling to use certain tactics eg killing and total disregard for the law.

i said easier with.

My bad.

true, i just see batman doing well, seeing as him and his wards have fought similar enemy crowds before (ra's ninjas for example).

not saying it'll be easy, but i don't see the hand ninjas being something bruce and co couldnt overcome...

True just thought id add my 2 cents.

Raoul
All im saying is that Wolverines experience will help him make deals with organised crime that is all. Im just saying its going to help.

i disagree, tbh. i just don't think the black hands and penguins are going to seriously get in to bed with wolverine. i mean, what happens afterwards? does logan take batman's place, or simply leave? why swap one vigilante for another?

if anything, i think batman's willingness to not go too far is something the villains appreciate...

Sin I AM
I was talking to BH Raoul lol

I dont see the hand ninjas being anything other than a distraction, hell Red Hood could dispatch them all on his lonesome (Respect Jasn Todd!!). Unless they were disguised as civilians and infiltrated certain areas of city government, something along those lines....

There are too many variables to consider, i mean Black Mask, Joker, Hush, will be extremely difficult to deal with let alone the penguin and alll the gangs that'll be displeased with the new muscle moving in..I dont see anyone going over to Elektras side

Enyalus
There are too many variables to consider, i mean Black Mask, Joker, Hush, will be extremely difficult to deal with let alone the penguin

....Why?

Then again, you're assuming they do this infantry style, right?

I had more in mind a black ops style, in which the Gotham bad guys get owned horrifically.

Phantom Zone
i disagree, tbh. i just don't think the black hands and penguins are going to seriously get in to bed with wolverine. i mean, what happens afterwards? does logan take batman's place, or simply leave? why swap one vigilante for another?

For starters he can offer them things eg tech and equipment and promise them that they will make more money. Furthermore it doesnt even have to be specifically Penguin or Black Mask, theres bound to be some guys that will listen to Wolverine. Wolverine will surely be able to get some people to his cause.

if anything, i think batman's willingness to not go too far is something the villains appreciate...

True but being more vicious may help as well, if they fear Wolverine more than Batman or vice versa...

P.S. Whats tbh?

Enyalus
P.S. Whats tbh?
To beat hos.

Raoul
For starters he can offer them things eg tech and equipment and promise them that they will make more money. Furthermore it doesnt even have to be specifically Penguin or Black Mask, theres bound to be some guys that will listen to Wolverine. Wolverine will surely be able to get some people to his cause.

what kind of tech can logan offer that they wouldn't have access to already?

black mask and penguin are the biggest, though. very few of the smaller gangs would go up against them, especially black mask. hell, jason todd with the full backing of talia al gul (sp) tried it, and still failed (due in part to batman, admittedly).

i don't think fear is going to be that much of a motivator. it could be, but it's been tried before, and it didn't work out back then...

to be honest.

Sin I AM
....Why?

Then again, you're assuming they do this infantry style, right?

I had more in mind a black ops style, in which the Gotham bad guys get owned horrifically.

That was before Phantom Zone clarified some things...anywho, if they try the Black Ops style as you suggested and creep in slitting throats in the darkness type of thing then that would be there best bet. Making their presence known could cause a war they have no way of winning. But it could also be detrimental, remember Batman's rogues are extremely crafty they have to be in otder to operate in his city, I dont see any major player that they could muscle, and honestly if i was a goon I'd fear Joker over Wolverine anyday.

Enyalus
That was before Phantom Zone clarified some things...anywho, if they try the Black Ops style as you suggested and creep in slitting throats in the darkness type of thing then that would be there best bet. Making their presence known could cause a war they have no way of winning. But it could also be detrimental, remember Batman's rogues are extremely crafty they have to be in otder to operate in his city, I dont see any major player that they could muscle, and honestly if i was a goon I'd fear Joker over Wolverine anyday.

Well they're basically attacking an entire city filled with metahuman villains plus Batman and the Batman family with essentially 100 cannon fodder troops in The Hand ninjas, and three street/low-metas themselves. They've got to go in black ops style to win, and they'd be smart enough to realize that. SHIELD tech is better than virtually anything the Gotham boys can come up with, save for Oracle (if she's in this) and some of Bats' stuff.

I say they go for the kill, rather than negotiate alliances with Gotham's underground.

Sin I AM
Killing isnt a very viable tactic imo, it'll draw WAY too much attention and "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" mantra goes a long way in that scenario. I think your overestimating Shield tech.

Phantom Zone
what kind of tech can logan offer that they wouldn't have access to already?

black mask and penguin are the biggest, though. very few of the smaller gangs would go up against them, especially black mask. hell, jason todd with the full backing of talia al gul (sp) tried it, and still failed (due in part to batman, admittedly).

To be honest it could be argued that those guys if push came to shove could access the same tech but the argument could be made that Wolverine and co could make it more accessible. I cant comment on Black Mask but I havent seen Pengun with anything advanced really.

I guess there best bargaining chip could be information Microchip is one of the MUs best hackers and was able to hack into the Xmens computer (reavers had taken over the base) and he was just playing around.

i don't think fear is going to be that much of a motivator. it could be, but it's been tried before, and it didn't work out back then...

Nah man Batman has used intimidation on Penguin and its worked. Im betting Wolverine and co will be more scarey but it could have the adverse affect.

Enyalus
Killing isnt a very viable tactic imo, it'll draw WAY too much attention
You think Elektra, Blade, and Wolverine don't know how to dispose of bodies?

I think your overestimating Shield tech.
Did you see what Wolverine did with it during HoM as a SHIELD agent? Or what Nick Fury did in SI and before?

stick out tongue

Phantom Zone
SHIELD tech is better than virtually anything the Gotham boys can come up with, save for Oracle (if she's in this) and some of Bats' stuff.

I serioulsy doubt it. Batman has insane shit...hell Batman was like " Has my spaceship arrived from the factory." erm

Im not saying a spaceship is uber tech but its nothing to Batman.

edit: Think it was a flying saucer actually.

You think Elektra, Blade, and Wolverine don't know how to dispose of bodies?

Did you see what Wolverine did with it during HoM as a SHIELD agent? Or what Nick Fury did in SI and before?

stick out tongue

HOM never actually happened.....you cant use that as evidence. Its like using what a character dreamt about as proof.

Sin I AM
you dont people will notice gangsters and metahuman villians all of a sudden DISAPPEARING, Gotham City is divided into sections of power as one character is annihilated that section is either assimilated or creates anew power. Someone will notice the fluctuation of a missing figurehead

Phantom Zone
Agreed.

Raoul
To be honest it could be argued that those guys if push came to shove could access the same tech but the argument could be made that Wolverine and co could make it more accessible. I cant comment on Black Mask but I havent seen Pengun with anything advanced really.

I guess there best bargaining chip could be information Microchip is one of the MUs best hackers and was able to hack into the Xmens computer (reavers had taken over the base) and he was just playing around.

information would be a valuable commodity. you're still asking them to go up against the Batman though. He's not just some guy in a suit to them. It's possible, i think, but they'd have to sweeten the deal a lot.

tis not the same, imo. batman doesn't threaten to gut them, he threatens to destroy their empires and rob them of their power.

you dont people will notice gangsters and metahuman villians all of a sudden DISAPPEARING, Gotham City is divided into sections of power as one character is annihilated that section is either assimilated or creates anew power. Someone will notice the fluctuation of a missing figurehead

especially batman.

srankmissingnin
I can't really decide how this will go down to be honest. I'm pretty sure Wolverine and Elektra win handedly... but how is the question.

For one of the stealthiest (if not the stealthiest) people in Marvel and a man who has successfully infiltrated the Baxter Building, Wolverine isn't exactly subtle... I mean we are talking about a guy who rode a motorcycle off a skyscrapper onto a SHIELD Helicarrier. Does Wolverine want to play it cool and do a subtle take over? Because it seems more likely that day one he shows up on a roof top while Batman is patrol and puts the boots to him... which will likely have a higher success rate than Wolverine and Elektra poke their noses into Batman's business and giving him the paranoid bastard a heads up.

Phantom Zone
information would be a valuable commodity. you're still asking them to go up against the Batman though. He's not just some guy in a suit to them. It's possible, i think, but they'd have to sweeten the deal a lot.

Dont see why they cant sweeten the deal. Hell they dont even have to tell the truth.

tis not the same, imo. batman doesn't threaten to gut them, he threatens to destroy their empires and rob them of their power.

Sometimes it is, somtimes he will just threaten to beat the crap out of people. Wolvrine didnt just use physical threats when dealing with the mob.

Raoul
Dont see why they cant sweeten the deal. Hell they dont even have to tell the truth.

the gangsters would want some sort of guarantee.

more often than not bruce will use the threat of taking away their power. wolverine is the opposite...

Sin I AM
im not so sure they can defeat gotham once the cavalry come in

Phantom Zone
the gangsters would want some sort of guarantee.

They have information and tech. Ive never seen Penguins goons with anything but conventional firearms. Wolverine is also smart enough to decieve them as well.

more often than not bruce will use the threat of taking away their power. wolverine is the opposite...

To be quite honest with you im pretty sure if we looked into we would probably find evidence to the contrary. Anyway like I said he used similar tactics as Batman when dealing with the Mafia ie physical threats and wealth.

Raoul
They have information and tech. Ive never seen Penguins goons with anything but conventional firearms. Wolverine is also smart enough to decieve them as well.

i was talking about the likes of black mask.

i'm not saying wolverine isn't smart, but these guys didn't get the power and privelege they have by being idiots and jumping in to bed with the first guy to come along and make an offer that seemed too good to be true.

completely disagree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.