Fantastic Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
What you all think about this new super team and story arc so far? Do you like the idea or dislike it? Are you as confused as I am about it lol.

guy222
It was ok

BruceSkywalker
fair issue, but i will re read it

Endless Mike
Exactly what is it about?

Disappear
it's taking the 500-years-in-the-future super-team from millar/hitch's "death of the invisible woman" story arc and giving them a mini-series on nu-earth. but it seems like the conflict was resolved in the first issue, and now it's just gonna be kinda sucky. and the art and feeling of the book just really wasn't on point. i kept getting confused between who was natalie x and who was psionics.

Battlehammer
this is an alternate future of ultimate x-men not 616 x-men

Disappear
what? are you getting the ultimate x-men/fantastic four annuals and fantastic force confused?

Battlehammer
No not at all. I am talking about the recent mini that came out that called the fantastic force. It is about the last super hero team left 500 years into the future.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Battlehammer
No not at all. I am talking about the recent mini that came out that called the fantastic force. It is about the last super hero team left 500 years into the future.

Which is set in the 616 and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Ultimate Universe.

I liked it. It might be interesting. Kind of a fun concept, if a little over-done... the "only superheroes on the earth," ala Squadron Supreme, Morrison's Authority, the New Universe....

Battlehammer
are you sure it 616? I was a little uncertain. The art and uniforms seem to imply ultimate universes, but I have really no idea.

wolverine names kinda stupid lol hooded man or some shit lol

tjcoady
are you sure it 616? I was a little uncertain. The art and uniforms seem to imply ultimate universes, but I have really no idea.

wolverine names kinda stupid lol hooded man or some shit lol

I guess you didn't read the Fantastic Four issues that the "Fantastic Force" characters are based off of.

They're from Millar's run.

Battlehammer
oh I see. So it the same wolverine from old man logan, oh shit I know how old man logan ends now for sure, miller way way to easy to predict.

Bentley
Battlehammer, do you read the Old man Logan series?

I've been searching for a comment on Kang in that series but haven't got any answer.

Battlehammer
I read it yes. Kang who?

tjcoady
I read it yes. Kang who?

I'd imagine "The Conqueror."

I heard Kang was mentioned, but if so, it was totally offhand and irrelevant, plot-wise. I can't recall when he was brought up, if he was- I would have remembered if it was important.

Unless you just freaking love Kang the Conqueror and want to know where he is in the "Old Man Logan" universe.

Battlehammer
oh yea I think it was mention off handily like you said.

Bentley
Originally posted by tjcoady
Unless you just freaking love Kang the Conqueror and want to know where he is in the "Old Man Logan" universe.

Maybe I do shifty

Happy Dance

Give me the issue number

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Bentley
Maybe I do shifty

Happy Dance

Give me the issue number

thumb up My favourite supervillain.

Newjak
oh yea I think it was mention off handily like you said. Hey could you tell me what issue Thor's hammer appears in Old Man Logan?

Disappear
thor's hammer isn't mentioned in parts 3-6, and though it might have been drawn in, it wasn't in any of the places i thought to look. perhaps it's in parts 1 or 2.

kang is mentioned "off-hand" in part 4, issue 69, by hawkeye.
"i always wondered what happened to reed and sue. we know what happened to ben and johnny, but reed and sue are still a mystery. somebody said kang beat them up and dumped them in the time-stream, but they heard this third-hand from the shocker of all people."

back on topic; how do you know that "old man logan" becomes "the hooded man"? just because it's millar?

tjcoady
Originally posted by Disappear
thor's hammer isn't mentioned in parts 3-6, and though it might have been drawn in, it wasn't in any of the places i thought to look. perhaps it's in parts 1 or 2.

kang is mentioned "off-hand" in part 4, issue 69, by hawkeye.
"i always wondered what happened to reed and sue. we know what happened to ben and johnny, but reed and sue are still a mystery. somebody said kang beat them up and dumped them in the time-stream, but they heard this third-hand from the shocker of all people."

back on topic; how do you know that "old man logan" becomes "the hooded man"? just because it's millar?

Millar stated that all of the comics he was writing at the time (Kick-Ass, Wolverine, Marvel:1985, and Fantastic Four) tie in some way (some, like the fact that a character is reading "1985" in "Kick-Ass" which is supposedly set in "our" world are super marginally), so it stands to reason that "The Hooded Man" is "Old Man Logan" a couple of years down the line.

Is that arc over? The most recent issue of "Wolverine" was by Jason Aaron. Pretty good, but it had a "stock filler" vibe.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Disappear

There all tied into gather, death of the invisable woman, oldman logan and fantastic force if not mistaken. Also Hulk that his son is the baby he gets from the hulk gang after he kills them in old man logan

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Newjak
Hey could you tell me what issue Thor's hammer appears in Old Man Logan?
I dont know the issue off the top of my head however I can get it later. Thor hammer is in the middle of the last battle field. He was the last hero to fall killing hundreds of villains before he fell.

Newjak
I dont know the issue off the top of my head however I can get it later. Thor hammer is in the middle of the last battle field. He was the last hero to fall killing hundreds of villains before he fell. Thanks man

StiltmanFTW
^ Wolverine v3 #67

Disappear
i didn't finish reading old man logan, so thanks. i guess it makes sense, given that sue's the leader of the "fantastic force" and is mentioned to be somewhere nobody knows in OML. interesting.

tjcoady

Disappear
did the creative team change already from ahearne to hickman? it's a freakin' mini-series

Newjak
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
^ Wolverine v3 #67 Thank you very much

StiltmanFTW
You're welcome.

Was that Hooded Man/OML who got hit in the head by Thing? Dunno what issue was that, saw the scan somewhere on Versus forum a long time ago.

Disappear
probably happened during the obligatory "misunderstanding fight" between the new defenders and the fantastic four.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.