Morpheus Vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
Morpheus vs Blade.

Morpheus sees Blade as a rogue programme and one of those responsible for the "abduction" of Neo in revolutions and under the command of the Merovingian. Blade believes that morpheus, due to his apparently impossible strength and reflexes (for a human) that he is another daywalker only in league with the Vampires.

1: Gun battle...Morpheus has 2 of the machine pistols he takes out the ghost twin's car with...Blade has 2 uzi's....stage is the hall where Neo and Trinity fight the armed swat guards in M1

2: Sword battle...Morpheus has the katana he fought the ghost twins and the upgraded agent on the truck roof.....Blade has his trademark sword....stage is where blade fought Deacon Frost at the end of blade 1

3: Hand to hand...Dojo where Morpheus fought Neo in M1.

Things to consider. Vampires in the matrix are essentially rogue programmes such as former agents due for deletion and so as such a vampire and an agent are likely comparable in strength and speed. (Smith being an exception)

I suggest a little youtube watch to refresh your memory of fight and agility feats before judgement.

Morpheus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dAqWFZ1ko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vlzKaH4mpw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WhHXTC6OWg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j82GKTgVDkw&feature=related

Blade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1bBs20y0g

I'll need to add other vids for Blade later causes youtube is running really slow just now.

Robtard
I'd edging towards Blade, but it isn't by much.

I think Blade has the overall skill and speed advantage, but Morphs extreme durability to blunt force trauma could give him all he needs in the h2h battle.

Good match, btw.

jaden101
I'd say Blade has it in the Sword skills dept but skill I think Morpheus would be better. He would've had the same training in all martial arts that Neo had. Speed i'm not sure about...same with strength...While Blade's is clearly better than a humans because he's a vampire, Morpheus' is also better. Just remember how much force he put into smashing Neo across the dojo and though a thick wooden pillar.

Would definitely be a good fight in all regards.

jaden101
a few more vids as reminders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ylbt9NJYgg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1bBs20y0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF9LpOWIJmA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhZcPMdVKmc&feature=related

Mairuzu
Haha, finally a match up i actually have to think about... ill be back

dadudemon
1. Morpheus. Mr. Morph's has lots of programs regarding weapons...more so that blade, by far. Speed is close, but I give speed to blade but a little.

2. Sword ability goes to Blade. It, again, is close. Blade did take on two rediculous programs with his sword.

3. This goes to blade because he is definitely stronger and faster than Morpheus. I wouldn't put blade at anymore than 3 times as strong as Morpheus, though, based on how far he knocks people around in the movies. (I'm thinking mainly of Blade's fight with the vampires before he has his show down with that hybrid freak.)

Mairuzu
Ive been seeing how bad ass blade is.. but i noticed

hes just fighting regular vampires.... and they do in fact have a weakness unlike normal humans

so this whole time im thinking blade battles are as bad ass as morph's erm

i think morph could take it... but ill do more research before i give my final conclusion

jaden101
Originally posted by dadudemon

3. This goes to blade because he is definitely stronger and faster than Morpheus. I wouldn't put blade at anymore than 3 times as strong as Morpheus, though, based on how far he knocks people around in the movies. (I'm thinking mainly of Blade's fight with the vampires before he has his show down with that hybrid freak.)

Again...remember the force Morpheus puts Neo across the dojo and through the support beam with...Not to mention he knocks the upgraded again around a couple of times on the truck roof.

Granted he gets ***** stomped by Smith in M1 but I would say Smith is a league above standard agents...even upgrades (as seen by how easily he deflects and takes over one in reloaded just before burly brawl

Morpheus also doesn't do too badly against a lot of Smiths in the corridor scene with Neo and the keymaker.

Robtard
Trying to remember Blade's greatest feat o strength. He did toss that 130(+/-) pound chick pretty far in the first movie and he did it with just one arm. He then cleared the distance easily witha jump.

He also matched the head reaver in the second film and that guy was strong enough to pry open those huge steel doors. Not sure if that counts towards Blade, though.

All in all, I'd still side with Morph on having a bit more strength, probably not much though.

As far as sword and h2h skill, even though Morph is supposed to be an expert in all forms of martial arts, Blade's skills/attacks seemed on a higher level, going from movie feats. This probably due to Snipes being an in-shape trained martial artist in real life and Fishbourne being a fat out of shape guy in his late 40's.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard

As far as sword and h2h skill, even though Morph is supposed to be an expert in all forms of martial arts, Blade's skills/attacks seemed on a higher level. This probably due to Snipes being an in-shape trained martial artist in real life and Fishbourne being a fat out of shape guy in his late 40's.

laughing true. As I said in a thread in the foreign movies section...Good choreography is no match for genuine ability.

Darth Martin
Intelligence: Morpheus- Blade wasn't stupid but he wasn't highly intelligent either. He Morpheus is clearly the more intellectual. He qoutes literature, and he has a distinct wise personality to him. Not to mention he understands a broad scope of the Matrix system which is difficult to grasp. Not to mention he's probably simulated many programs.

Strength: Blade- Morpheus doesn't have too many strength feats. He's punched through a brick wall, and jumped very high verticals. But as far as sheer strength Blade is superior.

Speed:

Stamina: Blade- My dig on Morpheus here is how after his brief scuffle with Smith in the first film he is easily overcom by SWAT with nothing but batons. Blade fought Nomak for like 4 minutes. What I'm saying is that Blade can go at peak capacity for longer periods.

Blunt-Force Durability: Morpheus takes the cake here. But it's close, b/c Blade has fought Nomak and Drake. He's jumped out of 2-5 story buildings. But Morpheus has taken full-on hits from Agents. Case closed.

Resilience: Blade- He's shot in the knee-caps with a shotgun and has no huge effect. Not to mention him being crucified twice, drugged, and stabbed. If Morpheus was ever stabbed or shot really bad he'd likely die.

Martial Arts: Morpheus- based on the fact that he knows more formal styles. But Blade is extremly good aswell. He brings more street-fighting tactics.

Swordsmanship: Morpheus has obviously trained with a katana. But based on the fact of uys seeing Blade do more he gets this.

Sado22
Morpheus: you take the blue pill up my ass and you'll get to just slap me around call me your little biatch. you take the red pill and you give me the worse kind of ass kicking the world has ever known and cut my head off and stick it on a pike.

i disagree with this one. the biggest strength of an agent was punching through a wall. not too great compared to Morpheus's own feat. also Smith wasn't even serious when he spanked Morpheus to kingdom come. Baselevel Neo, on the other hand, can be said to have greater durability because he took bigger hits from a very pissedoff Agent Smith. all Morpheus did was talk trash, get head butt two three times, get a chopping right to the kisser, take another punch to the kisser and get pasted on the floor like a rug.

~Sado

Darth Martin
Blade likely is the more raw skilled of the two.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
Again...remember the force Morpheus puts Neo across the dojo and through the support beam with...Not to mention he knocks the upgraded again around a couple of times on the truck roof.

No where near Blade launching a vamp, not only across a much larger room, but upwards as well and into a wall with a much more significant smack...which is why I gave Blade the strength, but not by a huge margin. Still, 3 times as strong as a ceiling is quite a difference in strength.

Granted he gets ***** stomped by Smith in M1 but I would say Smith is a league above standard agents...even upgrades (as seen by how easily he deflects and takes over one in reloaded just before burly brawl

In 1, he didn't stand out as an agent for his abilities, only for this thoughts. Smith punched through cement, just as Morpheus said agents could. Nothing knew about that. Also, Trinity said "when you see an agent, you run."...meaning, they were all pretty much the same. Smith didn't stand out until he gained the ability to assimilate when he didn't report to the source for deletion.

Morpheus also doesn't do too badly against a lot of Smiths in the corridor scene with Neo and the keymaker.

That's a couple of things:

1. PIS.

2. And there were many Smiths...me thinks that that many Smiths are not as efficient when only one Smith functions. Must a theory to explain PIS.

jaden101
Hmmm...I'd question whether Smith is just a normal agent. He gives orders a few times as well as taking the lead speaking to the police in M1...questioning Neo...Interogating Morpheus. He is also the only agent who is authorised to send sentinals to attack in the real world.

I think if Morpheus was ***** stomped by a standard Smith then there's no way he'd have stood up against an upgrade in the way he did in reloaded.

dadudemon
I think if Morpheus was ***** stomped by a standard Smith then there's no way he'd have stood up against an upgrade in the way he did in reloaded.

It's PIS, bro. The Wacowski brothers were trying to further the story while making things cool...at the expense of intelligent continuity.

The upgraded Agent should have flattened Morpheus with no problem, but they didn't.

Darth Martin
I'm under the belief that Trinity and Morpheus upgraded themselves as far as speed and strength as a result of more training and seeing Neo do the things he does.

Trackz
morpheus should take all of them, he's pretty much better than blade in everyway

chilled monkey
Originally posted by dadudemon
It's PIS, bro. The Wacowski brothers were trying to further the story while making things cool...at the expense of intelligent continuity.

The upgraded Agent should have flattened Morpheus with no problem, but they didn't.

No it isn't. It's common sense.

Morpheus's fight with Smith happened in a confined space where Morpheus had no room to maneuvre. Smith, smart fighter that he is, capitalised on this to the full by staying close to Morpheus.

The fight with Agent Johnson happened on a truck where Morpheus had considerably more room to move about. Plus, while the Upgrades were stronger/faster than original Agents they were also stupider. Johnson kept knocking Morpheus away, giving him time to clear his wits, rather than staying close.

That is why Morpheus was able to hold his own against Agent Johnson. The location of the fight was different. The first location favoured Smith, the second favoured Morpheus. Plus, Smith was smarter and fought sensibly while Johnson didn't.

That is the complete opposite of PIS.

jinXed by JaNx
I'd give all three to Morpheus. Morpheus has spent years training and downloading information into his brain Although we don't know, Morpheus could very easily be familiar with every type of hand to hand and swordplay technique around. Morpheus may have flipped a truck with his Katana but i think the most crowning achievement was going toe to toe with Smith. Blade may be fast but he can manipulate the matrix or read it's code and anticipate what's going to happen next...,Smith can and because Morpheus was able to throw down, i think says a lot.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by chilled monkey
No it isn't. It's common sense.

Morpheus's fight with Smith happened in a confined space where Morpheus had no room to maneuvre. Smith, smart fighter that he is, capitalised on this to the full by staying close to Morpheus.

The fight with Agent Johnson happened on a truck where Morpheus had considerably more room to move about. Plus, while the Upgrades were stronger/faster than original Agents they were also stupider. Johnson kept knocking Morpheus away, giving him time to clear his wits, rather than staying close.

That is why Morpheus was able to hold his own against Agent Johnson. The location of the fight was different. The first location favoured Smith, the second favoured Morpheus. Plus, Smith was smarter and fought sensibly while Johnson didn't.

That is the complete opposite of PIS.

You know, i just want to take this opportunity to address a huge inconsistency in the Matrix movies. Although you're right, the problem with the Matrix movies is how Trinity and Morpheus were able to take down agents in Reloaded and Revolutions. Although, they were never actually able to kill an Agent. We were led to believe from the first movie that no one was even able to stand up against an Agent. This is what made Morpheus' fight against the Agent in the first Matrix such an impactful event. We see that Morpheus is their leader for a reason. I always assumed that Neo tutored them in between movies which is how they were able to be so successful against the Agents in Reloaded and Revolutions laughing out loud Maybe i'm the only one who wondered this but it always got on my nerves a bit that it was never even addressed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.