Most unpopular genre of music today?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JacopeX
To be specific, any form or type of music that is very unpopular.

I would say Polka, but I don't know. I'm sure i'm wrong here.

jaden101
If only it was what emos consider emo.

DrewFelton
this new age punk rock boy band crap lol

Impediment
Nu Metal, in my opinion.

MildPossession
I don't think Polka counts, I bet a large % of people haven't even heard of it as a music sub genre, so it doesn't have a chance to be popular even if it wanted to be. It's not exactly chart topping music...

That's if you mean as in a genre that is out there and disliked?

occultdestroyer
NEScore/Nintendocore/Electronic Metal

SnakeEyes
As far as mainstream genres, probably some form of metal.

That ACDC Chick
techno

MildPossession
Yeah I would agree with Metal, and also here in the UK, Country music isn't a big thing.

AverageSavage
barbershop

leonheartmm
in america

trance
house

Jim Colyer
Got to be between polka and rap.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
Got to be between polka and rap.

Except that a shitload of people love rap.

inimalist
IDM

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by JacopeX

I would say Polka, but I don't know. I'm sure i'm wrong here. **** your life.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
**** your life. You're not funny nor are you accomplishing whatever you are trying to do.

Ax3l
You're not funny nor are you accomplishing whatever you are trying to do. What if he was trying to post "**** your life"

I'd say he accomplished that.

jinXed by JaNx
maybe bluegrass

JacopeX
Originally posted by Ax3l
What if he was trying to post "**** your life"

I'd say he accomplished that. That is one of the dumbest thing I have heard from you. Or you simply missed the point.

Go ride his dick elsewhere.

Quincy
That is HIGHLY inappropriate Jacope

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Ax3l
What if he was trying to post "**** your life"

I'd say he accomplished that. Well done good sir.

That is one of the dumbest thing I have heard from you. Or you simply missed the point.

Go ride his dick elsewhere. Unless HE is a SHE, then I have no problem with that.

Peach
That is one of the dumbest thing I have heard from you. Or you simply missed the point.

Go ride his dick elsewhere.

Oh, yeah, because that's an appropriate post.

Warned for personal attacks. Do it again and you'll shortly be a permanently retired KMCer.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Except that a shitload of people love rap.

Dumb people. Mainstream rap and hip-hop has fallen off since the new millennium imo.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Dumb people. Mainstream rap and hip-hop has fallen off since the new millennium imo. without question. Remember when old school rap could be defended, its impossible to defend this generations mainstream rap without coming off as an idiot

occultdestroyer
D & B
Chiptune
Breakcore

nick09

I would say Polka, but I don't know. I'm sure i'm wrong here.

To be very frank with you..I never heard of polka..Did not even know that such a genre of music existed..lol...

wicker_man
All forms of music have a niche and Metal most certainly does, just because it doesn't have a staple fix on the mainstream musical charts doesn't mean it's not popular and the fact bands like Slayer, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Slipknot can sell out arenas is proof enough, and even on a smaller scale (with the bands who spend their whole career playing bars and clubs) Metal probably has the most passionate fanbase of all music.

FistOfThe North
Oldies.

Sappho
Originally posted by Impediment
Nu Metal, in my opinion.
i highly doubt this. i agree with the person that said bluegrass though.

calvs
Yodel'ing

occultdestroyer
Noise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_%28music%29

You guys probably never even heard of this music genre.
And I'm not even kidding.

red g jacks
if we're not necessarily speaking about which genre has the least fans, but rather which genre is hated by the most people, i'd have to go with country music, which probably slightly tops emo, with the 3rd seed going to rap.

and now, for your listening pleasure
SQcJ9tPvy-4&feature=related

Darth Jello
As long as people get Bar Mitzvahs, Polka will never die.

I think in large part glam metal which is a good thing. THe MTV "punk" is going downhill which is a good thing but even real hardcore is losing popularity as post-punk and no wave are coming back in a big bad way. It's hard to go to a bar on Broadway in Denver on a Friday night without hearing some local band that sounds just like the sleepers, Husker DU, or Tuxedo Moon.

bogen
I have the winner.
Japanese noise music.

Darth Jello
Noise music, if you count Free Kitten, Sonic Youth, Yamantaka Eye, Drift, Pavement, etc. Actually sell a buttload of CDs and sell out almost every show. Sonic Youth are huge and their SYR series of specific noise experiments actually sell respectably.

bogen
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Noise music, if you count Free Kitten, Sonic Youth, Yamantaka Eye, Drift, Pavement, etc. Actually sell a buttload of CDs and sell out almost every show. Sonic Youth are huge and their SYR series of specific noise experiments actually sell respectably.

Nono not that stuff, that has a semblance of beat and rhythm, one of my friends he listens to like traffic distorted and intermixed or the sound of machinery mixed with several alarm clocks.
Theres nothing musical about it, he said it was recorded in japan and theres a heap of bands like it.
When he's online ill get a link.

Darth Jello

Jim Colyer
Everybody hates rap!

Tattoos N Scars
Well, Rap isn't music..it is synthesized..lol. It takes a lot less skill to perform rap music than to keep up with guitar riffs and blast drum beats in metal bands.

As far as the most unpopular music...I don't know. Maybe the kids songs..how many people have the Barney theme song playin' in their vehicles' CD players..lol

lord xyz
Originally posted by Peach
Oh, yeah, because that's an appropriate post.

Warned for personal attacks. Do it again and you'll shortly be a permanently retired KMCer. laughing

Credit where credit's due Lana, that was genuinely funny.

Rain Dog
Noise is getting more and more popular, along with drone and that sort of stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.