Darth Maul vs Sora Bulq saber combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

onewiththeforce
hanger at theed palace

Eminence
Sora Bulq's reputation as a swordsman eclipses Maul's own... but we saw how much that helped Anoon Bondara.

This is an interesting thread.

Lightsnake
I'm gonna have to go with Maul. Guy's a beast. While Sora does have Vaapad to help him, Maul's incorporation of Teras Kasi could be enough to even out the scales.

DUOLC OLLOPA
Maul would realistically take it by all available evidence. He pretty firmly defeated someone more technically skilled in the form of Anoon Bondara, and aside from lightsaber technique there's not really that much we can say about Sora Bulq.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by DUOLC OLLOPA
Maul would realistically take it by all available evidence. He pretty firmly defeated someone more technically skilled in the form of Anoon Bondara, and aside from lightsaber technique there's not really that much we can say about Sora Bulq.

he fought mace to a stand off

Red Nemesis
lawl Nebaris.

The Ground
Maul.

Eminence
Sora.

The Ground
All he has is Vapaad, and mind you this is not Windu Vapaad. How can Maul lose?

Edit: he

Eminence
Sora is a male.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
he fought mace to a stand off

Beg your pardon, but no he didn't. He put up a fight certainly, but Mace left the duel only because he knew he was needed elsewhere. There's nothing to suggest Mace wouldn't have beaten him if the duel had continued.

Indeed, just look how easy Mace was able to get the better of him with a Force Push.

Lightsnake
To be fair, Sora was expecting Mace to come at him with sabers and probably didn't expect him to whirl and hurl him aside. But it's highly likely Mace'd have killed him in a straight duel.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Beg your pardon, but no he didn't. He put up a fight certainly, but Mace left the duel only because he knew he was needed elsewhere. There's nothing to suggest Mace wouldn't have beaten him if the duel had continued.

Indeed, just look how easy Mace was able to get the better of him with a Force Push.

Sora also Force pushed Mace at one point and had him on the floor..

so yeah they fought to a stand-off..so its you who has to prove Mace was gna win.. although this was at the beginning of the clone wars, and before shatterpoint, and I beleive Mace improved after that.

chilled monkey
Sora also Force pushed Mace at one point and had him on the floor..

so yeah they fought to a stand-off..

Nope, a stand-off is when neither opponent can overcome the other. Mace left only because the other Jedi were in danger and needed him. Hence it cannot be a stand-off.

If the fight had not been interrupted by outside events and gone on without a victor then that would be a stand-off, but that didn't happen.

so its you who has to prove Mace was gna win..

Mace mastered Vaapad. Sora was mastered by it. That clearly shows who'd have won.

although this was at the beginning of the clone wars, and before shatterpoint, and I beleive Mace improved after that.

Fair comment.

kotorfan
Originally posted by Eminence
Sora is a male.

..?What do u mean by that? There are tons of FEMALES who could beat him(sora). well not tons, but I would say LOTF Jaina, Darth Traya, Celeste Morne, Depa Billaba, Fay, Yaddle, maybe Ventress could all beat Sora. He hasn't shown any force prowess.. well if he has i don't know of any. so please link me to some if I am wrong.

btw what does that have to do with anything? Anakin was a male. Palpy was a male. Obi-Wan was a male. Maul was a male

so what???

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Mace mastered Vaapad. Sora was mastered by it. That clearly shows who'd have won.

Thats an ambiguous statement that doesnt mean anything.

And it was Mace's opinion. i.e. the opinion of an in universe fallible character. In Bulq's opinion Bulq perfected Vapaad, and harnessed everything that was inherent to it by embracing the dark side.

kotorfan
Thats an ambiguous statement that doesnt mean anything.

And it was Mace's opinion. i.e. the opinion of an in universe fallible character. In Bulq's opinion Bulq perfected Vapaad, and harnessed everything that was inherent to it by embracing the dark side.

EDIT: ah chilled monkey.. lol
btw everyone is fallible, even the great Palpy.

and Vapaad was created to combat the dark side, not by embracing the dark side. That clearly shows that Sora was mastered by Vapaad, as whoever darth power quoted said.

(forgot to look at who was quoted.. sry no disrespect intended)

Jinsoku Takai
Interesting fight! Sora Bulq edges Darth Maul; 7/10.

Eminence
Originally posted by kotorfan
..?What do u mean by that? There are tons of FEMALES who could beat him(sora). well not tons, but I would say LOTF Jaina, Darth Traya, Celeste Morne, Depa Billaba, Fay, Yaddle, maybe Ventress could all beat Sora. He hasn't shown any force prowess.. well if he has i don't know of any. so please link me to some if I am wrong.

btw what does that have to do with anything? Anakin was a male. Palpy was a male. Obi-Wan was a male. Maul was a male

so what??? ... Are you perpetually stoned?TG had originally used "she."

If you read this would be obvious.

bane's heart
i'd say maul plus teras kasi

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Eminence
Sora Bulq's reputation as a swordsman eclipses Maul's own... but we saw how much that helped Anoon Bondara.

This is an interesting thread.

I've just started reading Shadow Hunter, but page 28 seems to indicate that Dasha believes Anoon to be "second to none", but that isn't conclusive.

Also, the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook states this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/6qiptl.jpg
Sorry for the poor quality. The scan wasn't that hot and I tried to enhance the dark lines to make it more readable.

His ability is "considerable", but this further points out that Anoon's fabled prowess is embellished by his padawan.

Eminence
I'd caught that, but I thought there was a bit in The Approaching Storm about Bondara's skills as well, one that came from narration. I know it's there, I'm just not sure whether it did come from narration.

Janus Marius
I have the book around here somewhere, I'll double check. I was planning on rereading that one next, actually.

Gideon

Janus Marius
Definitely. Plo Koon would wreck his shit.

Gideon
Oh God no.

Janus Marius
Anoon's remains are kept in a creek along with Walt Disney, just waiting for medical science to progress.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Anoon's remains are kept in a creek along with Walt Disney, just waiting for medical science to progress.

Is Anoon still conscious?

kotorfan
naw.. hes dead, but Plageuis will revive him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.