GL's involvement in Star Wars: Clone Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ares834
We all know that Lucas is heavily involved in The Clone Wars cartoon. However, I was wondering how much he was involved with the old Star Wars: Clone Wars animations?

queeq
About as much I'd guess.

Ordo
The Gendy Series? I believe he was not involved at all (beyond authorizing its creation).

queeq
Sure?

Ordo
Yes. He was the executive producer and created the basis for the show, but other than that I believe others did the heavy lifting.

queeq
Explains a lot.

WO Polaski
it does.

the gendy series is so far about a thousand times better.

Ace of Knaves
Originally posted by WO Polaski
the gendy series is so far about a thousand times better.

Are you sure? It's hard to say something is a thousand times better when both versions are based on crap.

Kazenji
Yeah but its the way it was executed the Gendy series makes the whole Clone Wars idea good.

Ordo
Neither Clone Wars was particularly memorable in my mind. They both have unique successes and flaws.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Ace of Knaves
Are you sure? It's hard to say something is a thousand times better when both versions are based on crap.

not really

dadudemon
Lulz

I liked Gendy's loads better.

However, it's all good. big grin

Ordo
I'll step in and say I think I prefer the new series. Gendy's is a neat package, but its also finished. The best of Filoni (who is trying to do more than Gendy did) is better than the best of Gendy. If the new series progresses as I hope, I think it will be indisputably better.

Key Finding: While the Gendy series was more epic in scope, its epicness was often confused with cartoonish ridiculousness. The epic sequences in the Filoni series are rarer, but more well done.

queeq
Hmmm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.