Glacius vs. Sub-Zero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/anonymousrex31/Fighters/Glacius.jpg

vs.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/bryangrasso/sub-zero.jpg

XanatosForever
Sub Zero wins by feats. Might be a good match, though.

six6six
Idk, Glacius would give SZ some trouble seen as how he can liquify himself.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Sub Zero wins by feats. Might be a good match, though.
Depends on which Sub-Zero we're talking about (the older one that got killed in the first MK and became Noob Saibot, or the younger one).

Story-wise, Glacius did beat Cinder apparently. Don't know how, but he did.

strifex6
what if this is the newer sub zero? his feats are alot greater now then the real one. like if you've played the newer mortal kombat games you see people getting stabbed and breaking bones and then getting back up. like in the opening movies for mortal kombat armagedon, deception, and shoulin monks. plus why cant sub zero freez glacius when hes liquified.

strifex6
sub zero has alot more abilities

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by strifex6
what if this is the newer sub zero? his feats are alot greater now then the real one.
I dunno. In Mortal Kombat Mythologies (which took place before MK1), the older Sub-zero had some pretty great feats there (beating the Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire Gods and what not), and had some crazy ass moves like the Polar Blast, a move where you freeze an opponent just by running past them, etc.

Likewise though, the newer Sub-zero had his ice powers enhanced when he got the Liu Kuei medallion or whatever, so it's debatable as to whether the new Sub-zero is really stronger than the old one or not (before the old one became Noob Saibot).

Originally posted by strifex6
plus why cant sub zero freez glacius when hes liquified.
True. The Water God in MK Mythologies could liquify himself, and you could still freeze him. Should work the same way with Glacius.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Likewise though, the newer Sub-zero had his ice powers enhanced when he got the Liu Kuei medallion or whatever, so it's debatable as to whether the new Sub-zero is really stronger than the old one or not (before the old one became Noob Saibot).

I'd say the younger Subby is much stronger than the original one. Heck, in DA, it is said that he created a working boat out of ice.

Ridley_Prime
What the f**k? Where did it say that?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SmashBro
I'd say the younger Subby is much stronger than the original one. Heck, in DA, it is said that he created a working boat out of ice.

Do you mean working as in able to float and move?

SmashBro
What the f**k? Where did it say that?

In someone's Konquest mode (I forgot which character). But it's said that that's what he and Frost were using to get to the island.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Do you mean working as in able to float and move?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SmashBro
In someone's Konquest mode (I forgot which character). But it's said that that's what he and Frost were using to get to the island.
Ah, I see. Using their ice powers to materialize things, for a lack of better word. Now that I remember, that's also how they got their weapons in DA (Sub-zero's sword and Frost's twin daggers).

Still, as impressive as that is, I'm not sure it beats out the original Sub-zero's Polar Blast, which freezes everything in range, or that of which you see on-screen when playing the game.

xSUIPml0Zk4

Use that 5 times if you have enough Urns, and it can even kill Shinnok when he's transformed into some monster.

And who knows how much more powerful those techniques would've become if the original Sub-zero got a hold of the Lin Kuei medallion like his younger brother did. confused
Super Polar Blast = WTFpwned (I believe that's what he tried using against Liu in the first MK movie, but had the move turned against him when Kang threw a bucket of water at it erm. PIS)

Tha C-Master
Subby can't beat Glacius with any freeze attacks at all. Glacius is ice and everything.

XanatosForever
Then explain how one Glacius can defeat another? >.>...

Darkstorm Zero
Thats like asking how can one Sub-Zero can beat another...

Glacius acually forms ice weapons from his body. And, he's not limited to just ice attacks, he also has Ki manip (Throwing fireballs)

dadudemon
Are we talking the the story or are we talking about actual game play?

If it's actual game play, Glacious rips all sub-zero iterations a new one, without effort.

It would be really cool to see a MK vs. Killer Instinct crossover without messing around with any of the players abilities....KI players are much faster and c-c-c-combos can be endless.

six6six
Glacius is kinda like the T-1000. He can turn his hands to stabbing weapons and axe formations. SZ better not get caught by any of that.

watch 0:41-1:06

NEJeu9iAl3Q

XanatosForever
*sigh* I miss that game series...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by dadudemon
Are we talking the the story or are we talking about actual game play?
It's usually story/canon only unless stated otherwise by the thread author. Gameplay's almost never a factor on Games Versus. erm

I agree about the MK vs KI crossover idea though. thumb up

Originally posted by dadudemon
KI players are much faster and c-c-c-combos can be endless.
Faster? Guess it depends, but combos in KI are never technically endless unless you manage to do certain exploits with broken Cinder, who ironically, is my favorite in the series..

lUd3LHEDlM0

Originally posted by six6six
Glacius is kinda like the T-1000. He can turn his hands to stabbing weapons and axe formations. SZ better not get caught by any of that.
Glacius charges at Subby to do one of those stabbing combos, and Sub-zero does a back-flip and uses the move where me makes an ice clone of himself to stop Glacius in his tracks. stick out tongue

And if Glacius decides to use the move where he temporarily turns himself into liquid and uppercuts the opponent from underground, Subby could arguably just counter that with his slide kick before Glacius even gets close to him.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
*sigh* I miss that game series...
Me too. Out of all the characters in the game though, never liked Glacius that much, but he's still pretty cool (no pun intended).

strifex6
Glacius does have abilites to turn his hands into blades but sub zero has a blade also and what would the outcome be if he were to get Glacius in a combo with it?

dadudemon
It's usually story/canon only unless stated otherwise by the thread author. Gameplay's almost never a factor on Games Versus. erm

I thought that was only the "which game was better" rule. My bad? It was doing actual game character versus another...not story, since this is a fighting game...the only genre that could be done in, imo.

As far as gameplay, I think KI is much faster passed. Sure, there's plenty of juggling in MK games...but KI is just much faster. A button masher can do alright in KI, but against a good player, they don't get very far.

I haven't played all MK games..but I've played and beaten most of them...I just find the pace of KI games to be faster.
Faster? Guess it depends, but combos in KI are never technically endless unless you manage to do certain exploits with broken Cinder, who ironically, is my favorite in the series..

I've seen multiple people use several different characters across the KI, go what seems to be, endlessly until the eff up the button sequence...I mean...huge combos. I saw it with TJ Combo, Orchid, and Glacius(in KI Gold). However, I do admit that those are the only characters I saw combos that seemed like they went on forever.

XanatosForever
lUd3LHEDlM0

I just wanted to point out that the whole tournament side of that video reminds me of what's going on with Meta Knight right now in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament scene. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.