Kyp Durron vs RoTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Victor?

Hewhoknowsall
Sidious

ares834
Sidious by complete and utter pwnage.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by ares834
Sidious by complete and utter pwnage.

How would Sidious win by 'complete and utter pwnage'?

Gideon
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin

Indeed.

Not because I think he'd win, mind you, but because I know next to nothing about Durron's skills other than his reputation amongst the Jedi (which isn't good enough to suggest that he'd do well against someone of Palpatine's caliber).

Could someone provide an argument either way, please?

ares834
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
My mistake I was thinking DE Sidious at the time despite it saying RotS. Regardless, Sidious still wins as Kyp has done nothing at the calibur of RotS Sidious, exept when under Exar Kun's control.

The Ground
ROTS Sidious is stronger than DE silly.

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by ares834
My mistake I was thinking DE Sidious at the time despite it saying RotS. Regardless, Regardless, Sidious still wins as Kyp has done nothing at the calibur of RotS Sidious, exept when under Exar Kun's control.

Well Kyp did move that dovin basal.... and that's about it.

The Ground
Does Kyp get the Sun Crusher?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by The Ground
ROTS Sidious is stronger than DE silly.

uh...

The Ground
Well duh... because to beat ROTS Sidious you have to be Mace or Yoda.
That means DE Sidious is too weak.

ares834
Lucas never states you have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with ROTS Sidious, he says Sidious nor is there anything to imply ROTS Sidious. Your argument fails.

The Ground
You are an idiot. He CLEARLY states this. Regardless, DE Sidious is not Mace or Yoda.

Gideon

I realize you're trying to be funny, but like the moron you poached that line from, you don't seem to realize that DE Sidious and RotS Sidious are, in fact... the same person. You'd think that the "Sidious" part would have given that little nugget of information away, but some people can't see the obvious.

The Ground
All in all, Sidious can't fight himself. Besides, the fight between himself and Kyp wouldn't last more than 30 seconds

Gideon
All in all, Sidious can't fight himself.

Indeed.

Maybe.

Hewhoknowsall

So Luke can't compete with Mace or Yoda?

Gideon
What in the holy hell are you talking about?

Nephthys
He means Luke can't beat him because only Mace or Yoda can.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
He means Luke can't beat him because only Mace or Yoda can.

According to The Ground (no offense).

Nephthys
blink

The Ground
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
According to The Ground (no offense).

This is according to George Lucas. I wouldn't attribute his statement to crazy things like:

Bane+Dooku+Anakin+Obi-Wan+Luke < Palpatine

or Jesus < Palpatine.

On the other hand, GL IS the ultimate canon.

Red Nemesis
QED

The Ground
Lets stay on topic here. Although that would be sweet...

Red Nemesis
On... Topic?

The Ground
Am I going too fast?

Red Nemesis
What is... 'On T- T- T- Topic'?

The Ground
-A contribution is on-topic if it is within the bounds of the current discussion and off-topic if not. The terms are normally used in the context of mailing lists, discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, newsgroups, and wikis.

Red Nemesis
What are the bounds of the current discussion (specifically) and how might they be ascertained (in any given situation)?

The Ground
Read title. But I digress... Sidious is the clear victor.

Eminence
Kyp Durron wins.

The Ground
Proof?

Eminence
Knightfall .

So Kyp Durron wins. You can't prove me wrong.

The Ground
Sorry I don't understand the proof.

Red Nemesis
Read title. But I digress... Sidious is the clear victor.

The title takes the form of a question: Kyp Durron versus RotS Sidious. Who would win a confrontation in personal combat? That much is obvious. What is not obvious is how far flung a tangent must be in order to be ruled 'off topic'. The post you identified as 'off topic' was my attempt to simultaneously indicate my appreciation for the strawman argument set up while demonstrating disregard for the alleged divinity of Jesus of Nazareth.

Would a discussion of the two characters' feats be off topic? Clearly not. Would a discussion of their mindsets be any different? Maybe. PIS doesn't apply but their views and tendencies would still have a bearing on their tactical ability as well as battle philosophy. Would a discussion of how their respective backgrounds influence the above mentioned factors be off topic? How about a discussion of the underlying logic of the comparrisons made between the two.

A thread like this has so many different possibilities that literally anything can be rationalized as a valid discussion.

The Ground
That is off topic. stick out tongue

Red Nemesis
On whose authority do you make that pronouncement?

Dr McBeefington
On my authority that you're dicking up this thread by desperately trying to sound intelligent. From now on, stick to one word answers and see if TG can follow.

Lord Lucien
Follow what now?

Slash_KMC
Exactly.

chilled monkey
Anyway Sidious wins this, seeing as he matched Yoda in a fight and Yoda has been a Jedi Master for over eight centuries.

Kyp may have all that power, but he's basically a punk kid. All that power means little if you don't have the skill and expertise to use it.

The Ground
Yes.

ABC RUELS!!!

kotorfan
Originally posted by Gideon
Indeed.

Not because I think he'd win, mind you, but because I know next to nothing about Durron's skills other than his reputation amongst the Jedi (which isn't good enough to suggest that he'd do well against someone of Palpatine's caliber).

Could someone provide an argument either way, please?

hmm I think that it would be better if it was exar kun possesed Durron...

anyways, Durron has pretty pwnage lightning w/ exar kun, and has "black tendrils" that can cause people to go into a coma like state.

but then Idk that much about Durron.

guys whats with this "on topic" crap.. shouldn't that be obvious? cuz i thought someone was asking it as a joke, then The Ground actually gave a real answer..

The Ground
This thread is a joke. Lets keep it that way.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
On my authority that you're dicking up this thread by desperately trying to sound intelligent. From now on, stick to one word answers and see if TG can follow.

Nah.

If I'd been trying to sound intelligent I would have put the word 'respective' ... Oh damn. Clearly by using any vocabulary even marginally more exact than that allowed by 'leet speak' I am 'trying desperately' to sound intelligent.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Nah.

If I'd been trying to sound intelligent I would have put the word 'respective' ... Oh damn. Clearly by using any vocabulary even marginally more exact than that allowed by 'leet speak' I am 'trying desperately' to sound intelligent.

http://www.changetowin.org/connect/images/fail.jpg

chilled monkey
Yes.

ABC RUELS!!!

Beg your pardon, but that is NOT ABC. ABC is when someone says something like-

A beat B who beat C so A will beat C.

That is to say they don't provide context. They don't explain WHY 'A' will win.

I did not ABC anything because I did provide context. I stated that Yoda has been a Jedi Master for over eight centuries. That means he has skill and expertise. I then pointed out that Kyp does not have those.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by chilled monkey

I did not ABC anything because I did provide context. I stated that Yoda has been a Jedi Master for over eight centuries. That means he has skill and expertise. I then pointed out that Kyp does not have those. He was being glib.

The Ground
Originally posted by chilled monkey

I did not ABC anything because I did provide context. I stated that Yoda has been a Jedi Master for over eight centuries. That means he has skill and expertise. I then pointed out that Kyp does not have those.

Read your post several times until you understand that it was ABC. Or to save some time and strain on your eyes:

Palpatine(A) matches Yoda.(B)
Yoda(B) has more expertise and skill than Kyp(C) so Yoda would win that fight.
If you follow the chain you will see that A is slightly better than B, and B is better than C.

However, this is simply how I interpreted it. It may not be what you intended to post, but I agree with you. Who cares. And to branch off, Kyp is not Mace or Yoda, so he can't win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.