Say Goodbye to Pontiac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/24/autos/pontiac_obit/index.htm

Thoughts?

As far as I'm concerned, As long as GM keeps the Corvette alive, I won't resort to domestic terrorism.

Symmetric Chaos
Oh, well.

DrewFelton
not a big deal..... most american cars have gone down hill.... stop the bailing out of these companies that are going to fail anyway...... we all know jap and german cars are the cream of the crop

Bicnarok

occultdestroyer
Say goodbye to the original 'muscle car' brand

Ace of Knaves
That's a lot of people out of work. Employees, manufacturers, repairmen, dealership salesmen, dealership service people, etc.

If anyone wants to drop roses on the grave of a retailer, then you should put Wal-Mart out of business; see what happens them. There are other manufacturers to fill the void of pontiac, just like there are other retailers to fill the void left by wal-mart. Is there a union for wal-mart employees?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Bicnarok

Damn I used to dream of having a Pontiac firebird, ....

I was hoping for an updgraded Trans-Am.

Robtard
GM is dropping the Saturn line too, they need to consolidate and come back stronger, with fewer, but better products.

leonheartmm
oh how WILL i live without my tigers and firebirds!!!!!!!!! naaaah, its really isnt too much of a loss

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Robtard
GM is dropping the Saturn line too, they need to consolidate and come back stronger, with fewer, but better products.

They've been so powerful for so long that they probably don't know how anymore.

BruceSkywalker
another car gone by the wasteside

ATX/UT ND Money
Sad to see the Fire bird go but just the way of business. GM needs help bad or they are going to have to declare bankruptcy soon

Genesis
Pontiac sucks now.

Mindset
Someone might buy it.

Doom and Gloom
All things end. This is sad because of all the jobs that will be lost but The American carmakers keep putting out inferior products

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
This is sad because of all the jobs that will be lost but The American carmakers keep putting out inferior products

For the most part, this is very true. Last time I read, all of Ford's products were at least average or higher in reliability, 2/3 of Chevy's and 1/3 (wtf) of Chrysler's products were rated average or higher. That's just flat out embarassing.

LordFear
Goodbye Pontiac

CATMANEXE
bye Pontiac, you beautiful fat old ***** you!

Deja~vu
It's every ones fault for buying foreign cars! Everyone was warned for YEARS!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.