Soloist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Starring Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr.

I give it a 6/10.

Twas a good film but never a tear jerker.

The "intelligent" portions of the film weren't very intelligent at all. Such as Nathaniel very quickly mentioning in one of his crazy rants that the pigeons clap for him...and then, during his solo, pigeons fly up and clap for him. Not to mention the two pigeons being two "love birds" symbolizing Steve's and Nathaniel's friendship taking off due to Steve handing him the Cello to play. In other words, the two or three metaphors or symbols in the film were so linear that it was almost immature...

It suffered from a slow plot (because I have a fast "American" mind that likes quick paced films), and from "too long" to make certain points such as the extended scenes showing how "homeless" and crazy the homeless were, and the vision of a schizophrenic listening when the eyes are closed. The vision thing was neat to my buddy and he didn't think it was too long; however, I felt that it was retarded after about 20 seconds of it...by then, the viewer should understand what is happening...don't try and revive the old 70s acid trip scene effects because those were just as stupid then as they are now.

Robert did an excellent job of portraying Steve in this film. I am really impressed with his acting ability, of late. He's just...really good.

Foxx did an excellent job of acting out his character and only the most watchful eye would notice when he wasn't authentic. I guess the director and editor did an excellent job of making sure that images and scenes of Foxx being too normal didn't sneak into the film too much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robert of Foxx ends up taking an oscar for this film, however, I wasn't awed too much by it. Good film to see, but not worth a movie ticket. Wait for Blu-ray, torrents, or legal streaming such as Netflix.

strongmind
Starring Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr are the stars i like very much. I don't when i can watch it in the theater

davidconnor

jamesjack
The Soloist movie can watch by complete family and I recommend tooooooooo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.