Podcasts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Does anyone listen to any sort of podcast(s)?

I listen to the /filmcast, which is the official podcast of slashfilm.com and I recently started listening to SModcast (Kevin Smith/Scott Mosier). They're both surprisingly addicting and they make long drives in the car more bearable.

So yeah, I'm just curious if anyone listens to anything/has any recommendations for a podcast that they like. Have at it.

Darth Jello
I occasionally listen to /Filmcast, Ken P D Snydecast, and Cabin Fever. I'm a big fan of Smodcast, Bagged and Boarded, and Mewescast and post on their board as And Friend. I also do my own webcast on facebook and we're thinking of expanding to myspace and youtube.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, Smodcast is definitely the way to go when it comes to podcasts. I would also suggest scene/unseen if you're a fan of movies. I haven't listened to to Scene/unseen for a while but i used to dig those two guys a whole lot as well. I really don't listen to anything anymore other than smodcast.

You should really think about downloading the Opie and Anthony Radios, if you like smodcast. Jim Norton is one of the funniest fukers i've come across. Opie and anthony pretty much killed podcasts for me because they cover everything. It's like Howerd Stern for adults, or at least demented children who grew up to be adults. For about ten years now, Stern has become an ego trip freak show. I don't know, an O&A show usually lasts for about 4 hours so it takes me a day or two to get through an entire thing but they are goddamn hilarious. They always have great guests.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I occasionally listen to /Filmcast, Ken P D Snydecast, and Cabin Fever. I'm a big fan of Smodcast, Bagged and Boarded, and Mewescast and post on their board as And Friend. I also do my own webcast on facebook and we're thinking of expanding to myspace and youtube.

lol mewescast reminded me of old stoner days laughing out loud

Darth Jello
I already posted it on cohost Matt Cohen/Jews Askew's mewescast thread on the VA boards, but i just gotta say that the phone sound effect they used was so damn annoying. I swear it made my balls ring.

Ace of Knaves
www.distortedview.com

www.whorehole.com

Captain REX
To be honest, I never caught on with Podcasts. Is it just like listening to a recorded section of talk radio or... ?

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Captain REX
To be honest, I never caught on with Podcasts. Is it just like listening to a recorded section of talk radio or... ?

Pretty much... except better.

Also, you can listen live on many podcasts and depending on which one, you can either call in and interact with the people running the podcast, or sometimes there's a chatroom used to discuss whatever's going on at that moment, etc.

If you're into movie news/reviews, then I'd suggest listening to the first episode of the /filmcast over at slashfilm.com, it's pretty listener-friendly and it's what got me hooked.

Darth Jello
Do you think there are enough fans here to start a dedicated Smodcast thread? The last one was seriously the funniest thing i've ever heard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.