Water or fire?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
How will the earth end?

jaden101
Mexico flu
Gayds

Bit of both.

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
How will the earth end?

If you're talking from a Biblical standpoint, it'd be fire, as God already did the water thing, though this is probably just mankind and not the actual distruction of the planet.

From a logical standpoint, it'd also be fire, billions of years from now the Sun will go through it's cycles and expand, thereby engulfing the Earth. If this makes you feel bitter, die knowing that in time, the Sun will also die out.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Robtard
From a logical standpoint, it'd also be fire, billions of years from now the Sun will go through it's cycles and expand, thereby engulfing the Earth. If this makes you feel bitter, die knowing that in time, the Sun will also die out.

Our entire galaxy is scheduled to be ripped apart by the Andromeda Galaxy before that happens n00b. We'll probably be pulled into a black hole or something.

jaden101
If you're talking from a Biblical standpoint, it'd be fire, as God already did the water thing, though this is probably just mankind and not the actual distruction of the planet.

There's also the fact that there just isn't enough water on the earth to completely flood it.

GCG
We shall all get vaporised

Shakyamunison
In 5 billion year or so, the sun will run out of Hydrogen and start burning Helium. The sun will then swell to become a red giant. The Earth will be swallowed by the sun. Fire it is...

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by jaden101
There's also the fact that there just isn't enough water on the earth to completely flood it.

Hmmm, I don't know. If all the water in the atmosphere fell on earth at once, it would cover all surface of it by an inch. With some help of the oceans...who knows.
Maybe not.

In any case, if we don't annihilate ourselves, it could well be the sun that does it.

Or maybe zombies.

Eminence
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Our entire galaxy is scheduled to be ripped apart by the Andromeda Galaxy before that happens n00b. We'll probably be pulled into a black hole or something. I read in February (I think) that new projections show the Milky Way to be considerably larger than previously thought, and that as a result the collision might not be as devastating as it might have been.

I'll try to find it.

Robtard
Our entire galaxy is scheduled to be ripped apart by the Andromeda Galaxy before that happens n00b. We'll probably be pulled into a black hole or something.
Originally posted by Eminence
I read in February (I think) that new projections show the Milky Way to be considerably larger than previously thought, and that as a result the collision might not be as devastating as it might have been.

I'll try to find it.

Who's the n00b now, beeyatch.

Symmetric Chaos
sad

BackFire
I'd like to say zombies.

But I think it will be something unfun like Nuclear assrapage.

Ushgarak
The nukes could cause zombies.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
How will the earth end?
Killer plants and strange numbers.

Mindship
Fire is the passion of the lower chakras. The world will end in Fire because human civilization will be consumed by increasingly unbridled self-indulgence, ie, we're gonna eat (the ones that can), beat (the ones that can't) and boink (available to all) each other to death.

Sham-WOW.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Eminence
I read in February (I think) that new projections show the Milky Way to be considerably larger than previously thought, and that as a result the collision might not be as devastating as it might have been.

I'll try to find it.
It is. Also, it doesn't matter if they collide as the chance that actual objects will be anywhere near each other is remote. The distance between stars in our galaxy is so great that when we "collide" with andromeda we'll just become a bigger galaxy. They don't think stars will actually collide and blow up or anything like that. So more than likely we'll jack the world up before the 8 billion year timeframe for the sun dying.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd like to say zombies.

But I think it will be something unfun like Nuclear assrapage. Originally posted by Ushgarak

Thank you!!!

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Killer plants and strange numbers.
The day of the Triffids?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The day of the Triffids?

Yes, but more awful and strange.

Deja~vu
How will the earth end? Probably from resistant antibiotics. Plagues.

jaden101
The world will end when we realise all of earth's history has been one giant lead up to the entire universe getting rick roll'd

inimalist
http://www.livescience.com/technology/destroy_earth_mp.html

my favorite, von Neumann machines

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
http://www.livescience.com/technology/destroy_earth_mp.html

my favorite, von Neumann machines

I build von Neumann machines with the set effect of "transform other von Neumann machines into inert matter" and save the world from you nefarious plans Dr. inimalist!

BackFire
Originally posted by Ushgarak

I like the way you're thinking.

steverules_2
Crossed fingers for the zombie idea...I'd love to kill zombies

Bicnarok

Robtard
Crossed fingers for the zombie idea...I'd love to kill zombies

If the world is ending, it means they kill you.

Other than that, read World War Z to prepare yourself, surprisingly good book.

occultdestroyer
Neither.

Macrovirus pandemic, or overpollution.

Captain REX
My money is on the Sky God opening his mouth and swallowing us whole.

I don't think the Earth will end until the sun explodes (so fire, I guess), but that doesn't mean humanity will be around to see it. It's entirely possible that we could nuke ourselves into oblivion (so fire again), though it seems less likely because people realized how stupid that would be (while at the same time still seeing it as the ultimate threat).

I have a feeling that future generations will discover a means of dealing with the pollution of the planet (either adapting to survive despite it or developing a means of cleansing)... but a virus pandemic could evolve beyond our ability to cure (unless it was intended, biological weapon or something).

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Captain REX
but a virus pandemic could evolve beyond our ability to cure (unless it was intended, biological weapon or something).

Originally posted by Deja~vu
Probably from resistant antibiotics. Plagues.

Probably will be. smart sad

Scythe
Water first, when all the ice melts, then Roseanne's essence, then sunfire from our sun exploding.

Yoshuaki
Originally posted by jaden101

but it expands when it freezes.

Deja~vu
We will drown while experiencing an epidemic of drug resistant disease. Lovely.

CATMANEXE
boredom. from watching human stupidity for too long.

Quark_666
I think we should blame the communists.

jaden101
Originally posted by Yoshuaki
but it expands when it freezes.

Yeah, but you can stand and even build on ice. Last time I checked, there have been ice ages and as far as I know, things survived them.

inimalist
I build von Neumann machines with the set effect of "transform other von Neumann machines into inert matter" and save the world from you nefarious plans Dr. inimalist!

wouldn't my von neumann machines just return that inert matter into more von neumann machines?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
wouldn't my von neumann machines just return that inert matter into more von neumann machines?

Curse you! Then I would also build a second group that would turn stuff into the first group.

jinXed by JaNx
Everything burns

Dagarkin
Actually I heard there is so much space between the matter in even galaxy, we will just form a super galaxy so to speak. Ive seen it on the history channel I believe.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Dagarkin
Actually I heard there is so much space between the matter in even galaxy, we will just form a super galaxy so to speak. Ive seen it on the history channel I believe.

Possible, but a much messy process that would probably still kill us.

steverules_2
If the world is ending, it means they kill you.

Other than that, read World War Z to prepare yourself, surprisingly good book.

Hmmm I'll check it out big grin does Left 4 dead count as 'preparing' myself?

inimalist
Curse you! Then I would also build a second group that would turn stuff into the first group.

muhahahahahahahaha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.