.hack// The World R:2 Login

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Silent Abyss
The World is the first massively multi-player online RPG since Pluto's Kiss. Developed for the ALTIMIT OS, The World had a lot of media hype, resulting in over 100,000 preorders being taken in November of 2007. The World was sold online for download, and in the first day alone it sold 4,576,623 copies.

The World was created by the genius programmer Harald Hoerwick under the name Fragment. Fragment was released as a limited beta approximately nine months prior to the release of The World. The beta was stopped early for unknown reasons and The World was released shortly afterwards.

The World's storyline is based off of the Epitaph of Twilight, an epic poem by the web author Emma Wielant. In the game the world has been under attack by monsters, which has forced the forces of good to retreat into fiercly defended cities and forts. Only adventurers (represented by the players) are allowed to penetrate the magical shields around these safe havens and battle with the monsters that lurk outside. These adventurers draw their power through their mastery of waves, symbols that are inscribed onto their bodies and equipment that allow them to channel the power of the elements into their bodies in the form of magical skills and abilities.

In 2015, a fire destroyed most of The World's game data, so CC Corp quickly began work on a replacement. By splicing together the remaining data from The World with another game they were working on, they created R:2. It was released on Christmas Eve, 2015. However, fans of The World disliked the change as they were unable to transfer their character data to The World R:2, and many referred to the launch as "Goddess's Death". Despite this fact, the game goes on to sell 12 million copies, though it still falls short of its predecessor's 20 million.

Character classes are a bit more ranged, now, than previously, and consist of the following:

Adept Rogue
Blade Brandier
Macabre Dancer
Edge Punisher
Flick Reaper
Harvest Cleric
Lord Partizan
Shadow Warlock
Steam Gunner
Tribal Warlock
Twin Blade

Basically, it's a dotHACK free-range RP, like the one I started years ago, except characters will not be transferrable from aforementioned RP.

Character Sheets will include, but are most certainly not limited to the following:

UserName:
Character Class:
Appearance:
Weaponry:
Server/Root Town: (see below notes)

There are no character levels. I have no way of fairly setting up a leveling system, and thus I cannot implement it into the RP.

The following is a list of Servers and their corresponding Root Towns in the following format SERVER//RootTown:

DELTA//MacAnu
THETA//DolDona
OMEGA//LuminaCloth
SIGMA//BregEpona

I'm eagerly awaiting all of your characters, so we can get this thing underway. I'll post mine in a little while.

Anon E. Mous
UserName: Sniper666
Character Class: Steam Gunner
Appearance: Tall, with Small Horns
Weaponry: Customized steam gun, with large black blade
Server/Root Town:OMEGA//LuminaCloth

Do i have to know stuff about .hack to play? Because i don't.

Silent Abyss
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/

This will tell you anything about .hack// really, but no, you don't have to know much about it to play. ^-^

UserName: Aria De Concierta
Character Class: Twin Blade
Appearance:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc21/JaccArlington484/00000005.png
Weaponry: Dual Swords, one black, one white, named Onyx and Pearl, respectively.
Server/Root Town: SIGMA//BregEpona

Silent Abyss
Is... Is no one else going to come sign up now that we're approved? o.o

Kirara
lol i love people that do that crap

Silent Abyss
I don't. v.v It's incredibly annoying. -.-

Kirara
o i was being sarcastic btw. You know how many times ive created a thread and people are like " OMFG AWSOME IM IN !!!!" and then i make it and BLA. You know what i will join this big grin lets RP even if its just me and you

Kirara
UserName: Thannis
Character Class: Adept Rogue
Appearance: PIC
Weaponry: Black Bladed Katana
Server/Root Town: SIGMA//BregEpona (ill go with that :P)
(( sorry for double post ))

Anon E. Mous
What about me?
Here's my stuff from above:

UserName: Sniper
Character Class: Steam Gunner
Appearance: Tall, with Small Horns
Weaponry: Customized steam gun, with large black blade

Kirara
my bad XD o and if you could get a picture of the character that would be helpful smile. Do you have probems uploaded it or do you know how ?

Anon E. Mous
Here you go... Imagine small black horns on his head.

The sword is pretty similar too, but its black, and is a steam gun.

Kirara
Dante with horns, nice big grin

Silent Abyss
Both approved. I've had confirmation from me sister that she'll post a character tomorrow, so I guess I'll open the RP thread once she's logged a character. That way we start with an even number.

jalek moye
well i guess i'll join. i hate when people that sign up dont actually play

Silent Abyss
thanks, jalek. ^^

Kirara
cool now we have Jalek the ultimate bad guy playing >.> lol well at least when i RP with him hes a bad guy big grin

jalek moye
i'll post the sheet later

Kirara
how much later ? :3

jalek moye
UserName: Djalek
Character Class: Edge punisher
Appearance: http://www.freewebs.com/aerandirthedragonelf/Swordman.jpg
Weaponry: great sword

Silent Abyss
Approved. I'm thinking... I'm gonna redo my character from scratch... And then... Go ahead and open it in a sec, and if anyone comes along to join later, they can come in as they're ready. ^^ Posting the RP thread... now.

UserName: Amatsu-Mikaboshi
Appearance:
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs10/i/2006/079/5/1/Wolfe_master_of_twin_blades_by_n3v3rw1nt3rw0lf3.jpg
Weaponry: Dual Swords, One Black, One White, Named Onyx and Pearl, respectively.

Kirara
:O !!!!!!!!!!

Kitsune Oni
UserName: Eki Fox
Character Class: Blade Brandier
Weaponry: She only has on of the swords shown in the pic.
Server/Root Town: DELTA//MacAnu
Appearance:

Silent Abyss
Sis is approved. ^^

Kirara
OOO RIGHT big grin just for a note who didnt notice the RP thread was made

Silent Abyss
I posted and said I was doing it. >.>

Guess where I redid my character in the same post was kinda confusing, though. ^-^'

Kirara
big grin o well ^^ no harm done

BADGALcharlie26
Hi can i join this i just going to think of a character i get back to you as soon as i think of one.

jalek moye
will post in a minute

Kirara
im sure this is open to anyone so im sure you can join BadCharlie. And Jalek ill respond to it in the morning. Way to tired from work X_________________X

jalek moye
its fine. its a short one anyway. i was busy most of the dy so i just put it up

Silent Abyss
All are able to join, BC. Just post a character. Is open RP. ^^

Kirara
smile

Scarlet Fox
I WANA PLAY!!! ^_^

Senkan Okami
Scarlet, you're more than welcome, just post a charry and join the fun. ^^

Scarlet Fox
>.>

I dont know how it works....

UserName: DragonDiva
Character Class: Edge Punisher
Weaponry: Broad Sword
Appaerance:
http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/max/warrior/warrior_fullimage.jpg

Scarlet Fox
Am I approved?

Senkan Okami
Of course. ^^

Senkan Okami
It has been brought to my attention that some people are unaware of the monsters in the .hack// series, so if there is anything you'd like to look up, please feel free to use the site I'm posting here. I hope it helps.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki

bleach1307
Can you count me in? please

UserName: Darkstar
Character Class:edge punisher
Appearance: reaper hood tall(look at picture)
Weaponry:Great sword

bleach1307
Am i approved?

Bloodshade
i can't wait to be able to play this

UserName: Shadowfang
Appearance: black trimmed short sleeved leather vest with blood red as the main colour and blades shrouded in darkness
Weaponry: Darkness shrouded blades with black blade with red runes on both blades and the hilt is a yellowish black colour

Anon E. Mous
Sorry dude, this rp hasn't been active since last September.

iKinneas
Anyone interested in RE://booting this one? I've got like tons of free time now, so... If anyone wants to, hit me up via PM, and we'll RE://load from scratch.

starryknight
hmm...i would be into it but i dont know if we can just randomly restart this one, i think its been dead for awhile but if you were to suggest a new .hack// rp i would sign up big grin

iKinneas
This, I can do, mon ami. Gimme a few days to get new classes set up for it, and will post in the "ideas" thread.

Regelion1
Me too sign me up when you post it

iKinneas
May bring this back eventually, for now, though, everyone who wanted to join this one, head over to game ideas thread, and check out my other game, Forces of Nature. I think it's gonna be a good one to start back with.

starryknight
Originally posted by iKinneas
Anyone interested in RE://booting this one? I've got like tons of free time now, so... If anyone wants to, hit me up via PM, and we'll RE://load from scratch.
i didnt realize this was your rp >< u had a name change or something

moderator23
I remember playing a game called HACK on the gamecube....years ago.

Phoenix3068
eh \: I was really pumped to start this, it would have been fun. I have to remember to check dates before getting excited though. But if you want to make a new one, I'd be overly happy to join it X3

Phoenix3068
Even though its dead, just for fun, here's my resume for this.

UserName: Phoenix
-----------------------------------------------------
4 Points are given to Adept Rogues to choose
their classes, here is the list and here are my choices:
Blade Brandier - 1 Point
Edge Punisher - 1 Point
Twin Blade - 1 Point
Flick Reaper - 2 Points
Lord Partizan - 2 Points
Tribal Grappler - 2 Points
Macabre Dancer - 3 Points
Harvest Cleric - 3 Points
Shadow Warlock - 3 Points
Steam Gunner - 3 Points
-------------------------------------------------------
Appearance: Light Brown Hair, pulled back, strands forward,
hair that spreads out, mid-length, dark blue eyes, light
skin, dark blue clothe-like leather. Base / Secondary
Armor:
1st: Dark Blue/Cobalt Leather
2nd: Still Thinking...
3rd: Still Thinking...
Weaponry:
1st: Longsword Katana
2nd: Dual Dagger, Short Edge Blades
3rd: Bone Scythe

Regelion1
it's haseo's class to the exact

Phoenix3068
lol actually, I wanted to start as a Blade Brandier, Haseo started as a Twin Blade in his Adept. Then he has Edge-Punisher, which instead I have Twin Blade. Flick Reaper is the only class that I have the same.

Regelion1
I was going to be an adept rouge as well but i was going to be a Blade Brandier Edge Punisher and a Twin Blade but i was going to start twin blade, Blade Brandier and then edge punisher. i had a cool custom twin blade too i was going to give it a name but too bad this rp in not up

Phoenix3068
well I was talking to iKinneas about it and said she might /reboot this thread. We might need new authorization, I'd have to ask Ush.

I'm getting my .hack//G.U. Saga disc's on Friday though so if you guys would rather have the realistic weapons they had in the series or a mixture of them, I could probably take some pics of them and get the info then post them on here. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be starting with level 100 equipment at the beginning despite not having levels XP Though part of me wants levels. Even in the Anime series they had them, it's how you determined strength.

iKinneas
Heheh, Phoenix, for the record, I'm a guy, just play the female characters because I think in order to RP efficiently you have to become your polar opposite. XD

Super Marie 64
Heheh, Phoenix, for the record, I'm a guy, just play the female characters because I think in order to RP efficiently you have to become your polar opposite. XD
Awesome. Loving this post.

SM64 over and out.

iKinneas
Thanks, Marie. I'm not sure if it's a compliment or not, but I'm going to take it as one. XD

Super Marie 64
You should wink

iKinneas
Haha, I miss having your expertise and witty charm in my rp's. XD

Phoenix3068
XD Sorry, I knew you were a guy that was a slip. I tend to think of the image while I'm typing. So I do apologize for having a moment of mental lapse lol.

iKinneas
Ah, it's all good. My sig/avvy and characters do tend to throw people off, as well, so I suppose I'm partially to blame on that end. XD

Phoenix3068
Nah XD I use a Spartan-Pic and Haseo is my Sig so people might think I'm a male from that X3 hopefully they can see the "Female" gender thing and have knowledge from talking to me that I'm a girl. I tend to look at people's information before I say anything but off the "Off-Topic" and on the Thread.

Are we going to /reboot this? I think we need new authorization but sense your Thread Leader (lol) you should be the one to do it.

Phoenix3068
Not about joining, About my Character <_<

CHARACTER SHEET

UserName: Kadonae
Appearance: See the Picture at the Bottom (I swear this fits the .Hack thing so well XD)
Weaponry: Dual Swords
Information: Kadonae played as a character Heavy Blade, Phoenix in the original segment of The World. After the Game was put down, she went into a depression but came back strong after the new segment came in. She is and always has been a PKer.

Phoenix3068
Messed up, sorry >_> here's my pic

iKinneas
Yeah, I'd like to reboot it, but it's looking like support is low in RP threads right now. I say give it a month for things to pick up, and in the meantime, for me to decide just how in-depth to make things look, and I'll submit the post then to see if we can get proper support to restart it. In the meantime, folks, work on getting your characters in order, if any of you still want to rejoin. Same character sheet as the one I originally posted in this thread, and same rules apply on them.

Phoenix3068
Curious, you put
Tribal Warlock
Never seen that class so did you change it or did you mean "Tribal Grappler"?

Also, level might be able to be incorporated into this without making it too confusing or unfair.

We should also make a point maybe no Avatar's or Epitaph Users? lol.

iKinneas
Nah, what it was is I found a page here a while back that had Tribal Warlock available as one of the classes, and these are all linked to that page's descriptions. Apparently, though, they have since deleted that page and class.

starryknight
I would like to join as well, I dont have to much .hack games but I watched some of the shows.

Regelion1
Well if you do restart this up then put me down for it because i would love to be in this

Phoenix3068
That would make 4 ^^

1) iKinneas
2) Phoenix3068
3) starryknight
4) Regelion1

Also, if we did boot this up, would we be able to play as more than 1 character because I want to be a PKer but then also I'd want to have another type of character. Epitaphs and what not should not be included btw in my opinion because it would mess up the storyline in being that there are only 8 Hence the name, "The Eight Phases of Morgana".

So here are the things we should Have or NOT have in my opinion.

1. No Epitaphs (too powerful and doesn't make sense with the G.U. storyline.
2. No Dual Gunner class (it was a hacked class created by a certain person in the game meant ONLY for Haseo, don't want too many spoilers and this is a big one)
3. Originality in a small sense (but that's just an opinion)
4. Sense I highly doubt anyone wants to think about level or anything, I suppose we should just have our own weapons rather than the ones they have in game.
5. Usually in RP's on here something goes terribly wrong aside from the normal matter of things. :3 technically, we could use AIDA. Anyone know who I mean?

~ Again, these are JUST my opinions, so please don't take them all that seriously.

Phoenix3068
Episode 1: Reg is attacked by a Doppleganger! Muahahahahaha!

starryknight
I'm so confused...Phoenix will you help me with my character, please...

Phoenix3068
Sure ^^ Just pm me and tell me what you don't understand or what you need help on. I'm both a Halo and especially a .hack Fa-fa-fa-fanatic! X3

Phoenix3068
Behold, the "CUTEST" Anime girl (self female opinion) who just happens to be in .hack lol.
Her name is Tabby, she's (unless I got this wrong) a Tribal Grappler
She received help getting her unique weapons in a quest as a rare item with Shino, one of the members of the famous "Twilight Brigade".
The Twilight Brigade was an in-game Guild comprised of multiple players; The Most notable being: Ovan, Haseo, and Shino.
Their mission was to locate a rare item. The rarest of them all, known as the Key of the Twilight. It was said to grant any wish of the one who found it.
-------------------------------------------------
Now so that I don't do more than 2 posts, I'm going to split this one so I can say this. iKinneas is working on setting all this up but it won't be for maybe a month. Until then, work on the character sheets and what not.
I'm here right now and so long as someone sends a message to split up my posts, I will post plenty of information to deal information from Weapons, Customization, Monsters, Hacking, Chaos Gates, Classes, Adept Rogue dealings, PKers, PKKers, the Arena, etc. (XD wow that is a lot more than I thought.) Anyways, so I will do that either tonight or tomorrow morning. =J don't worry!

Regelion1
What type is it that ioka was the half wolf girl from twilight braclet shouldn't that be part of the classes or is that considered trible grappler. Also can we make our own weapons for our class that are like the offical .hack class weapons so that everyones weapons could be uniqe and different even if people had the same class

Phoenix3068
All classes are .hack//G.U. based for the most part.

That means there are no...
Long Arms
Heavy Blades
Swordmasters
etc.

The classes are stated on page 1.

In the time of "The World: R2" she would be known as a Tribal Grappler. If you want to fight with your hands and feet, (mostly hands XD) you want a Tribal Grappler.

Technically there are a few people in .hack that have "Rare Weapons" that not many other people have (if any) for example, Tabby's claws.

So I guess technically, everyone can get one of those weapons although depending upon being a veteran of "The World" or a Noob, it'll have different effects. And No Godmodding -.-

Phoenix3068
For those of you who do not know much about .hack just go to this link. Please note that you don't have to know a lot about it to play or really anything, though it can and will help. This is still an rp.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/

The World is the first massively multi-player online RPG since Pluto's Kiss. Developed for the ALTIMIT OS, The World had a lot of media hype, resulting in over 100,000 preorders being taken in November of 2007. The World was sold online for download, and in the first day alone it sold 4,576,623 copies.

The World was created by the genius programmer Harald Hoerwick under the name Fragment. Fragment was released as a limited beta approximately nine months prior to the release of The World. The beta was stopped early for unknown reasons and The World was released shortly afterwards.

The World's storyline is based off of the Epitaph of Twilight, an epic poem by the web author Emma Wielant. In the game the world has been under attack by monsters, which has forced the forces of good to retreat into fiercly defended cities and forts. Only adventurers (represented by the players) are allowed to penetrate the magical shields around these safe havens and battle with the monsters that lurk outside. These adventurers draw their power through their mastery of waves, symbols that are inscribed onto their bodies and equipment that allow them to channel the power of the elements into their bodies in the form of magical skills and abilities.

In 2015, a fire destroyed most of The World's game data, so CC Corp quickly began work on a replacement. By splicing together the remaining data from The World with another game they were working on, they created R:2. It was released on Christmas Eve, 2015. However, fans of The World disliked the change as they were unable to transfer their character data to The World R:2, and many referred to the launch as "Goddess's Death". Despite this fact, the game goes on to sell 12 million copies, though it still falls short of its predecessor's 20 million.

With the release of the game there was much speculation. "The World" in its original being was a favorite to many and even after the release of it's "Sequel", it remained very widely talked about even on the forums.

Note: I'm not so sure about the whole "Tribal Warlock" thing. I think there was confusion sense there is no such class, but instead being replaced with "Tribal Grappler = Fist Fighter".

No transferring data, I'm assuming everyone starts as newbies lol.

I wanted to edit the Character Sheet to make it more acceptable for some people who may not know so much about it.

UserName:
Character Job: For those unfamiliar with the .hack series, a job means a class, it's just more so the official name.
If an Adept Rogue class is chosen, you will need to also post the choices you have for its Job Extensions and Primary.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Adept Rogue Only: You have 4 Points to use. They are split like this.
Blade Brandier - 1 Point
Edge Punisher - 1 Point
Twin Blade - 1 Point
Flick Reaper - 2 Points
Lord Partizan - 2 Points
Tribal Grappler - 2 Points
Macabre Dancer - 3 Points
Harvest Cleric - 3 Points
Shadow Warlock - 3 Points
Steam Gunner - 3 Points
>>>
Start As:
1st Job Extension:
2nd Job Extension: (If Possible)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Appearance: Post an image preferably or give excruciating detail.
Weapon: For the sake of both creativity and personal preference, you may create your own but please keep it within guidelines. no Godmodding!
Type of Player: Leveler / PK (Player Killer) / PKK (Player Killer Killer) / Shop Owner

I disagree with this. I think that if you go by veteracy (the ones who were here first, the ones with a bit of knowledge, etc; that level can be incorporated fairly and efficiently. If there were no levels, what would be the point of having monsters to fight?

I know I disagree a lot, but I was just thinking. Mac Anu is the New Player Root Town. Let me broaden it a bit.

DELTA//Mac Anu = Level 1 - 50
OMEGA//Lumina Cloth = Purely Arena based Root Town (All Levels)
THETA//Dol Dona = Level 50 - 100
SIGMA//Breg Epona = Level 100 - 150 (I'm not quite as familiar with this area, there is a reason why).

I also think that sense this game is called ".hack" we should incorporate the use of the so called 'Lost Server'. Depending on how everything else is registered, I say we decide on this. After all if nothing else is accepted why should this one be?

Well thats all ^^ I'm really looking forward to seeing how you guys like (or in some cases dislike) the follow up ideas I have. I hope I gave enough information on this stuff to get some people who aren't preferable to .hack interested.

Thank you for your time!

Regelion1
so im going to be a adept rouge that's a twin blade a tribele grappler and either an edge punisher or a Blade Brandier i might just choose a blade brandier because i like to use katanas with the adept rouge stuff

Phoenix3068
If that's how it works, you might have to go through the Job Extension quests (which just gives you another thing to do, after all what is an RP without things to do ^^)

As far as that goes, you would have to decide;
Job 1
Job 2
Job 3
You have a starting one, (like Twin Blade)
Then you do your job extension to use a Twin Blade and Tribal Grappler,
then you do another Job Extension to use your final abilities. Just make sure it fits into the 4 point system.

Phoenix3068
D: OMG! I can't decide now which character I want to use @.@
I have ideas for a...
Edge Punisher
Flick Reaper
Twin Blade
Lord Partizan
Adept Rogue
Twin Blade
Twin Blade
Shadow Warlock
Lord Partizan
----> I realize there are more than one of some things, thats because I have multiple ideas. I really want to make 3 people to make a party of 3 though @.@ maybe I should do that, then I still have to choose who.

Phoenix3068
oh well, anyways "YAY I FINALLY FOUND OUT WHAT I'M GOING TO DO!" ^^

Multi-Character Creation
(kind of like Star did with Hero High )
I'll make 3 PC who I usually control,
1 PC who's a high level but that is never used (Kind of like an Epitaph would be)
and that will make meee happy!! ^___^

Matthias Fenris
ive been wonderin. are modded avatars for player char's acceptable? im not talking about breaking "the world", just changing appearance and animations to fit a theme for my char. like say... the game has a special animation for a flick reaper finisher. and i think it looks lame. so the player mods his char to say a diff attack, and his actions are different, but the end result of dmg dealt is unchanged. would that be fine?

(i realise he'd have to duck the moerators in "the world", if he does this)

Phoenix3068
... again Matt, I told you. If you want to be a hacker, you can "mod" your character in ways. After all, we can't really have .hack without any hackers (So long as you don't go godmod with it).

Matthias Fenris
uhh.. yeah.. thats why i said it only change appearances and attack animations. no cracking the game.. i just dont like the fact that all the "special" attacks ive seen from the game cutscenes and anime look like my idea of "normal" attacks.. and i sort of dont want to be discribing the same borning signature moves when i fight some big mobs or bosses.. takes the fun out of it... <.<.. maybe i could go the d2 route, and have my player also have a bot account that does nothing but farm items.... hmmmn...

Phoenix3068
lol you don't want to crack the game? ^^ but it's so much fun!

Matthias Fenris
it causes lag... i loathe lag.. too much time in D2 has made me realise that lag is the number one killer of all things good and badass.. you cannot slay the hordes of the prime evils with lag working against you. you and your party will all die.. which is lame. SO! i want my char to avoid doing TOO muc to alter te game so it wont lag him..

Phoenix3068
XD first of all, "The World" is hacked ALOT! You hacking will not be significant. Also, this is set a few years in the future. It's an incredible MMO, there is little to no lag for most so long as your Character (Not the PC but the Character behind the screen) Spent enough money on their M2D XD

Matthias Fenris
ah.. ok, then... still. hes sort of an anti-cheat type guy. sort of.. changing appearances and animations are perfectly fine with him as the damage is unchanged. hes nt out to be a god, just to customise his things to suit him better than what the in game avatars can offer.

O_O i want a chain-scythe... very warhammer 40k..

Phoenix3068
lol just post the layout for the stuff. Don't be a-scared Matt ^^

Matthias Fenris
im still putting together a bio.. maybe once he gains some levels, ill work out a wa to et him a killer chainscythe with life and mana leech... <.<... stab.. saw for constant life and mana steal.. how brutal would that be? maybe.. lvl 70+ status.. hmmmn... ill piece together a bio soon to throw up here.. so... i guess im in, too?

Phoenix3068
Yay!

Regelion1
whats the longest a blade brandier's sword can be

Phoenix3068
It's in the matter of a katana. It's not so much the length as the weight. It can have no real greater power than a broadsword (in strength if an Edge Punisher went against a Blade Brandier, the Edge Punisher would win) but in Speed/Strength a Blade Brandier benefits.

Matthias Fenris
Originally posted by Regelion1
whats the longest a blade brandier's sword can be

sephiroth status? O_o. i think its an 8 or 9 foot blade..?

Phoenix3068
Well either way. If you guys have an idea of what you want your character to be like, go ahead and post your Character Sheet. The sooner you have it ready by the time the Thread is ready to open, the sooner that we will start.

Phoenix3068
YOING.

Matthias Fenris
i might be backing out of this... so.. yeah..

Phoenix3068
NUU! *tackles matthias* we neeeeeeeeeed you D:

Matthias Fenris
argh! *is tackled by hawtgirl* goddamn it! this is just like GD all over again! 'sides, my reason for it are thus..
1; im not realy stoked about it to begin with.
2; my char wouldnt be really involved with much going on for any storyline, other than killing mobs.
3; i cants create a char for this type of rp that makes me happy to rp it, ya know?
4; i predict that even if i was going to join this, i wouldnt be doing much oter than killing mid level mobs and getting killed off early by you without much of a fight anyways....

Phoenix3068
D: my character wouldn't be a pker though!

Matthias Fenris
wasnt the whole pk hingy a big part of what you wanted to do? anyways, it doesnt matter.. its just... rping as a person whos rping in a game.... it just seems so watered down...

Phoenix3068
>.> It's not like you'll be RPing *presses x* XD you'll be RPing as the character, but for off-screen time I wanted to suggest that we actually have a player behind it ^^ It's like the man/woman behind the mask.

Matthias Fenris
it was my understanding all of the .hack world had to do not only with characters in gae but also the players behind them....

Phoenix3068
lol well it depends. Kin's idea involves purely the PC but anyone who watches it (not saying you have to but this is just an example) would see in like every few episodes the player themselves with a short monologue. So I think we should have it so some people can now and then show the player.

no idea
I think mines the best
UserName:Ahri
Character Class: female harvest cleric (just for the heck of it)
Appearance:like Ahri the nine-tailed fox off of LoL, except with a staff
Weaponry: Summers staff

Hitosu Moriko
this rp is dead

Miyuki
UserName: Miyuki
Appearance: Long black hair down to the waist with light blue eyes.
Weaponry: A katana with vine markings on the blade.

Jedireaper
Noob lol

Azure bliss
Is this still open?if it is,i'd like to join too^^

Phoenix3068
I honestly wish it was. We don't have enough people to bring it back and it's been dead for quite a bit of time erm

Ellysium
Is it really dead? I'd be SOOO willing to join up if it got brought back from the dead.

Phoenix3068
D: Why do people have to tempt me with posting in here? I want so badly to resurrect .hack but there's never enough people.

Ellysium
Well, if you get it RE://surrected (haha, I like that XD) then you can count on me being in it for the long haul. Promise. smile

iKinneas
I just remembered this site after years of inactivity. Sorry I kinda disappeared, guys. But it warms my heart, truly, to know that one of my old ideas is still so well thought of. I'm in. Let's do a re:boot. One last time. Phoenix, you up for it? I think it's got potential, if we can get people interested.

Phoenix3068
Kin. I am always willing, I always have been, in fact I was waiting on you last time to start up the RP a new when you disappeared erm

iKinneas
Sorry about that, truly. I've been in a rough patch, and I'm afraid I've only just worked it out. But you know you've always got a place in one of my RPs when you want it, and honestly, should anything ever happen where I was to disappear again, I'd like you to take this one over. You've shown more dedication to watching this one than anyone else, as far as I can tell. And I appreciate it.

Phoenix3068
lol, sure, pick the girl with the broken arm. That will get enthusiasm from members :P

iKinneas
You mean the girl who's shown this thread more dedication than its own creator? lol I think they'll be quite alright with it. And if they don't, they can take it up with me. I got your back, Phoenix.

Phoenix3068
will there be a story through this still or just plain freeroam 'Lets see how much trouble we can get into'. Will this have any trouble in it, like AIDA? Or Tri-Edge? Or will we just be partying up, killing things, maybe each other.... (Be warned: I WILL be making a PKer.)

iKinneas
PKer sounds good. And I'm thinking pretty much whatever everyone wants, we'll do. I'd love to see something happen much like the original storyline of the first run of PS2 games. I much preferred that to the GU series. Also, thinking of making it so that everyone can have 2 characters, as well as doing their out-of-game players, as well. Maybe having some of the players know one another and have interactions outside the game, as well as inside. I want to try and come up with some kind of story, but I honestly don't know what to do off the top of my head.

Phoenix3068
1. You shouldn't limit the number of characters each person can have. Specifically for this RP. I could handle five or six characters. Not all posting simultaneously but as support characters. 2 main to use, 1 pker to help motivate other characters in the field, 1 guild leader, 2 shop owners maybe.

2. I like the idea of having characters out of game, since otherwise it wouldn't feel like they were in a game. So long as we don't get caught up in off-game stuff while playing.

3. The Level thing will be a bit controversial. .hack// has to have levels, but having a 'level system' in this rp won't exactly work out well. Rather, we should have the levels be more for implied. "Whoa, that guys a high level" "Crap, what a low level noob".

4. I assume we won't be starting the game fresh. Like, some of our characters might have been playing for a while or do you want us to all just 'join The World' for the first time when the RP starts?

Phoenix3068
Gonna start making my main character no matter what.

iKinneas
Fair enough, we'll set characters as per the members. If they can handle multiples, we'll let them do multiples, etc.

Leveling, yes, I think should be implied. I just didn't see a fair way to go about it where numbers were assigned, etc.

Some, I think, should be seasoned vets in-game, while others join anew. Personally, one of my two characters is going to be new, while the other one has been playing for a few years. Very similar to the Orca/Kite relationship to The World.

Phoenix3068
Do you want your characters to be connected or separate, story wise?

iKinneas
Mine? I'm not sure, honestly. Thinking they may be somewhat connected at first as they vet teaches the amateur the ropes for an are or two, but then having them split up entirely, aside from some interaction here and there. I'll probably have them in separate guilds, actually, just for the sake of not getting the two confused on my end. I have a tendency to do that, sadly. But I could easily remedy that with a different text glow color, to be honest. Thinking overall they'll both have a main role in whatever the big bad evil is being vanquished, but they'll be completely different roles, kind of like Niobe/Ghost vs Neo/Trinity in the Matrix series. (for lack of better example)

Phoenix3068
One of them will be leading that guild I suggested. I assume that will be the vet. Whoever is leading it will have to be the good guy indefinitely.

iKinneas
Definitely the vet. May take a page from your book and go ahead and start my main whilst we wait.

Phoenix3068
First of all, I'll tell you right now that I'm not posting these because you're limited to them. I'm posting them to let people see what weapons should be like when you make them. Include the following, and you'll be okay.

For Blade Brandiers
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Blades

For Macabe Dancers
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Fans

For Edge Punishers
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Broadswords

For Flick Reapers
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Scythes

For Harvest Clerics
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Staves

For Lord Partizans
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Lances

For Shadow Warlocks
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Grimoires

For Steam Gunners
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Bayonets

For Tribal Grapplers
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Gauntlets

For Twin Blades
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Dual_Swords

Phoenix3068
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pef9uSOg9WE , Mood Music.

Scarlet Fox
What do I need to do? o.o

Phoenix3068
You'll need to make a character, which I can help you with by providing you with my own character sheet if you want more detail (mine takes Kin's CS and adds to it other info, some needed, some not needed). Of course, Kin said he might make a new thread for this all together. Still, I'm making my CS' right now so that when the time comes, I don't have to wait xD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.