Capture the Flag

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
I figured I might as well try something a bit different.

These two teams play Capture the Flag

Team 1:

Superman
Martian Manhunter
Flash (Wally)
Zatanna
Thor
Lobo

Team 2:

Majestic
Gladiator
Surfer
Beta Ray Bill
Doctor Strange
Quasar

Rules:

The two bases where the two flags start are on Mercury and Pluto, respectively

Whichever team first has both flags in their base simultaneously wins

No killing

No teleporting the flag (but teleporting characters and other objects is allowed)

Anyone carrying the opposite team's flag must return it when tagged by a member of the opposite team

Energy attacks and other ranged attacks count as tags

The flags are indestructible

Scoobless
I'd give it to team 2.

Quasar can Q-Jump himself and others to the other base instantly and Strange can make them invisible/undetectable.

Between them they can also shield their own flag from being captured ... or even approached.

Serious Impact
Tough to say for sure. This could really go either way. However, I see team 2 taking the slight majority. While Wally is the fastest, team 2 has more speed overall.

I see it playing out something like this.

Team 1 sends out Superman, Manhunter, and Thor (who opens a portal to the planet, while the other 2 fly there in a few seconds, or minutes tops). Zatana, Flash and Lobo are left to defend the flag, with Zatana placing several spells and illusions around the flag to make it more difficult for team 2 to get it.

Team 2 sends out Surfer, Majestic, and Gladiator to capture the flag, while Beta Ray Bill, Dr. Strange, and Quasar are left to defend the flag. Dr. Strange will also place various spells on their flag to make it more difficult for team 1.

Moving on, Surfer can reach the planet in seconds, if not faster, making him just as fast, or faster than Thor opening a portal to the planet. Majestic and Gladiator wouldn't be too far behind.

Now, say both teams arrive at the others' planet. Wally would do a pretty good job of holding off one of the speedsters from team 2, but he'd be hard pressed to hold off all three. Lobo is perhaps a match, physically, for anyone on team 2, but he doesn't have the speed. Zatana would do alright with keeping up spells on the flag, as well as helping a little with support, but I think team 1's offensive capabilities would overwhelm team 2's defenses, especially if they manage to bfr the flash...at least for a short while anyway.

Team 1s Flag getters definitely have some speed and real power, but with Superman's weakness to magic, I see Dr. Strange being able to contain, or, at least, severely slow him down. This leaves MM and Thor to try for the flag, which Quasar and BRB, could, I believe, hold off. MM could make a difference here though, given his TP abilities. However, I believe, overall, that team 2's defense would do a better job of holding off team 1's offense, while team 2's offense would do a better job of overwhelming team 1's defense...if they broke up the teams the way I've mentioned.

Plus, if Surfer manages to get his hands on the flag, it's a done deal for team 2.

So, I, personally, think team 2 wins this 6, maybe 7/10.

Original Smurph
Team 2's flag defenses would be way better.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Scoobless
I'd give it to team 2.

Quasar can Q-Jump himself and others to the other base instantly and Strange can make them invisible/undetectable.

Between them they can also shield their own flag from being captured ... or even approached.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Serious Impact
Tough to say for sure. This could really go either way. However, I see team 2 taking the slight majority. While Wally is the fastest, team 2 has more speed overall.

I see it playing out something like this.

Team 1 sends out Superman, Manhunter, and Thor (who opens a portal to the planet, while the other 2 fly there in a few seconds, or minutes tops). Zatana, Flash and Lobo are left to defend the flag, with Zatana placing several spells and illusions around the flag to make it more difficult for team 2 to get it.

Team 2 sends out Surfer, Majestic, and Gladiator to capture the flag, while Beta Ray Bill, Dr. Strange, and Quasar are left to defend the flag. Dr. Strange will also place various spells on their flag to make it more difficult for team 1.

Moving on, Surfer can reach the planet in seconds, if not faster, making him just as fast, or faster than Thor opening a portal to the planet. Majestic and Gladiator wouldn't be too far behind.

Now, say both teams arrive at the others' planet. Wally would do a pretty good job of holding off one of the speedsters from team 2, but he'd be hard pressed to hold off all three. Lobo is perhaps a match, physically, for anyone on team 2, but he doesn't have the speed. Zatana would do alright with keeping up spells on the flag, as well as helping a little with support, but I think team 1's offensive capabilities would overwhelm team 2's defenses, especially if they manage to bfr the flash...at least for a short while anyway.

Team 1s Flag getters definitely have some speed and real power, but with Superman's weakness to magic, I see Dr. Strange being able to contain, or, at least, severely slow him down. This leaves MM and Thor to try for the flag, which Quasar and BRB, could, I believe, hold off. MM could make a difference here though, given his TP abilities. However, I believe, overall, that team 2's defense would do a better job of holding off team 1's offense, while team 2's offense would do a better job of overwhelming team 1's defense...if they broke up the teams the way I've mentioned.

Plus, if Surfer manages to get his hands on the flag, it's a done deal for team 2.

So, I, personally, think team 2 wins this 6, maybe 7/10.

good post

I wonder with MM shape shifting capabilities he would be able to confuse the enemy. I very useful tactic here.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I wonder with MM shape shifting capabilities he would be able to confuse the enemy. I very useful tactic here.
Meh. Majestic would see through it. Gladiator might as well. Surfer's CA would pick up on it. Dr. Strange's telepathy would allow him to know, too.

Spire
Actually this would be a pretty badass game if they could workout some character stats/power sets and a combat system or whatever.

It would be impossible because of licenses though.

kgkg
Team 2 have more teleporters/warper, much better shielding capabilities, Better magic, better overall speed.

Team 2 wins

Endless Mike
Good analysis

Warlord
Originally posted by Scoobless
I'd give it to team 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.