Lobo vs. Gog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Lobo's cloning ability is in full effect.

This is Gog from 'Action Comics #825' (the version who showed the ability to summon an army of himself from the timestream.)

Who wins?

Enyalus
Individually those Gogs seemed pretty weak. Even a K-nite poisoned, heart-attack having Superman was taking on 4-5 of them at the same time. Yeah, he slapped around Conner like a b*tch, but who hasn't? Since Lobo should be stronger than that version of Superman (I know, I'm really going out on a limb here, right?) and he's got his cloning abilities, I'm saying Lobo takes this virtually every time.

Galan007
^ So you view an army of Gogs' (Gogi?) as < an army of Lobos' (Lobi?) ?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
^ So you view an army of Gogs' (Gogi?) as < an army of Lobos' (Lobi?) ?
That version of Gog, yeah. Definitely. My concern would be how quickly Lobo can grow his clones to full maturity. 'Cause it isn't faster than how fast Gog can summon more versions of himself from the timestream.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
My concern would be how quickly Lobo can grow his clones to full maturity. 'Cause it isn't faster than how fast Gog can summon more versions of himself from the timestream. This is exactly the point I was going to make. I, like yourself, certainly view Lobo as Gog's superior (individually.) However, for Lobo to overcome the sheer number of Gogs' he could potentially be dealing with, would be.... Hard, to say the least.

Enyalus
This is exactly the point I was going to make. I, like yourself, certainly view Lobo as Gog's superior (individually.) However, for Lobo to overcome the sheer number of Gogs' he could potentially be dealing with, would be.... Hard, to say the least.
evil face Can I bring up one Lobo nearly taking on all the forces of Hell to support my case? Or it taking 37 crack divisions of Heaven's troops to subdue one Lobo? Or, when that one Lobo comes back, he goes through all of the Afterlife's forces arrayed against him? Including numerous gods from multiple pantheons.

big grin

Galan007
evil face Can I bring up one Lobo nearly taking on all the forces of Hell to support my case? Or it taking 37 crack divisions of Heaven's troops to subdue one Lobo? Or, when that one Lobo comes back, he goes through all of the Afterlife's forces arrayed against him? Including numerous gods from multiple pantheons.

big grin .... Only if I can bring up the Mask 'beating' him. stick out tongue

Enyalus
.... Only if I can bring up the Mask 'beating' him. stick out tongue
Ya fraggin' son of a bastich! Nobody, and I mean nobody, beats the Main Man!

...But yeah, so you see the Lobi (lol) winning, but it not being easy because of their slower-growing numbers?

Galan007
...But yeah, so you see the Lobi (lol) winning, but it not being easy because of their slower-growing numbers? It's hard for me to say.

I think one Lobo can certainly own numerous Gogi (Supes/DD were.) But if Gog were to, say, pull a version of himself from the timestream nanosecond by nanosecond, for the duration of one second - do you know how many Gogi Lobo would almost instantly be fighting? A billion.

Enyalus
I think one Lobo can certainly own numerous Gogi (Supes/DD were.) But if Gog were to, say, pull a version of himself from he timestream nanosecond by nanosecond, for duration of one second - do you know how many Gogi Lobo would almost instantly be fighting? A billion.
Well, when he was pulling them from the timestream in AC 825, weren't they being pulled from above the city and took their sweet time getting down into the action?

Also, that battle against the Superman forces lasted for a hundred years, right? If he could summon one per nanosecond, I don't think they'd have stalemated.

Galan007
Also, that battle against the Superman forces lasted for a hundred years, right? If he could summon one per nanosecond, I don't think they'd have stalemated. Not saying Gog ever used his powers so ingeniously (stick out tongue). But based on how his powers work, he should logically be able to do so, in a PIS free environment.

Enyalus
Until he runs out of versions of himself to pull. His original was in the year...2230? And he only ever mentions being able to pull versions from 'minutes' in the future.

"You're currently battling me from 300 separate minutes in the future. Coordinated transtemporally."

hmm

Mrblonde
The Lobi win

Galan007
Until he runs out of versions of himself to pull. His original was in the year...2230? And he only ever mentions being able to pull versions from 'minutes' in the future.

"You're currently battling me from 300 separate minutes in the future. Coordinated transtemporally."

hmm But then there's a page where a shitload of them are spewing from a temporal rift, simultaneously. *shrugs*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.