Swine Flu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

leonheartmm
this may be the next big thing. lets HOPE it doesnt mutate and kill every1 on the planet, its sounding of hysteria alarms on most of the international news networks.

Kris Blaze
I hope it kills everybody.

Bicnarok
Only 100 have apparently been died so far, so even though its sad its non mentionable on a global scale if you consider what other diseases can do.

And the media do like to scare the crap out of people to make the news exciting, so its a case of watching, wash your hands regularly, avoid people with a cold and stop kissing pigs.

Symmetric Chaos
This is really going to throw a wrench in my typical bestiality.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This is really going to throw a wrench in my typical bestiality.

Just use protection.

bananen
Wasn't it a Pig Flu?

Robtard
Originally posted by bananen
Wasn't it a Pig Flu?

Yes, but that pig flu virus had viral sex with with bird (probably duck and chicken) and human flu viruses and birthed this super-virus.

Since it both contains human and animal elements, it can infect people, but then our immune system says "wtf is this shit" in regards to the animal elements and gets it's ass aptly kicked.

I wouldn't worry all that much, there's far worse shit brewing in China with their massive pig/duck/chicken farms and their complete lack of oversight. It's only a matter of time before a hybrid virus that's capable of killing us instantly or turning people into cannibalistic zombies is sharted out form their.

That or one of the HIV viruses in Africa mutates and becomes Super-AIDS.

MildPossession

Symmetric Chaos

MildPossession
He is on about how it's all blown out of proportion... explain how he falls into your catagories?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by MildPossession
He is on about how it's all blown out of proportion... explain how he falls into your catagories?

The madman wants people to ignore it rather than defend themselves. If he's wrong and writes articles about it he'll die horribly as an ironic point.

MildPossession
Yep, thought you would say that...

Mindship
The infected school in NYC is only about a mile from where I work. TV crews were all over it a few days ago.

Robtard
The madman wants people to ignore it rather than defend themselves. If he's wrong and writes articles about it he'll die horribly as an ironic point.

Yes and no, he has a point, a 'state of fear' makes those who can benefit from it, benefit from it.

Remember the bird flu?

Rogue Jedi
Mexico is a third world country with shit medical care. That's why so many have died there.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

i hope it kills you!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by leonheartmm
this may be the next big thing. lets HOPE it doesnt mutate and kill every1 on the planet, its sounding of hysteria alarms on most of the international news networks. I am Legend.

Mr. Rhythmic

Bicnarok

Except a few including me, so I can become kind of the worldsmile

cloud102
If this mutates, the world would not be prepared. There is not enough hospitals and medication for this. Especially since this is a NEW strain.

I'm speaking to a good friend in Mexico and he told me that it's a lot worse than the media is giving off. Hundreds are dead and thousands have been infected.

This will fizzle, though as the flu season is practically over, but it COULD come back and hit harder during the fall and winter like other deadly viruses have. Or it could continue to spread. Spain, France, New Zealand, Canada, and South America have cases, so time will tell.

Robtard
Here's the bigger question, what are all you going to do about it?

Personally, except for not traveling to Mexico, or San Diego for that matter, I'm doing nothing.

Darth Jello
Considering the shitty state of healthcare and economic disparity and based on the 1918-1920 breakout (some estimates put the death toll at 200,000,000), anything south of canada would be decimated. I still bet cable news spins it as a positive job growth factor when one out of ten people is dead and then blame Obama for the pandemic.

BruceSkywalker
people need to learn to ash their hands with hot and cold water and soap.. that is the most simplest thing to do

cloud102
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
people need to learn to ash their hands with hot and cold water and soap.. that is the most simplest thing to do

That helps, but it's not going to stop it completely.

Darth Jello
the best thing to do would be to develop a vaccine as fast as possible and then train as many people as possible to administer it. Then send those people to heavily hit areas. It would create jobs and stop a catastrophe like the one last time.

Robtard
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) is supposed to be effective against it. It's a pill, so I'm fairly certain most people are trained in taking it.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I am Legend.

Instead of transforming its victims into vampiresque creatures, it turns them into pigs. Tragic.

I'm really not at all worried about this, to be honest. My mother texted me this morning to make sure I was aware. Apparently she thinks I don't read the news. That, and xkcd made light of the subject (sorry flu victims).

Has anyone ever played Pandemic 2?

Mr. Rhythmic

Hahaha not funny.

Neo Darkhalen
Ahh I remember back when it was Bird flu that was going to wipe us all out, personally I'm slightly concerned, not going to worry about something the media has hyped up!

Captain REX
To be honest, I think the reason I am not at all worried about this Swine Flu dealio is because of how hyped the media made Bird Flu. I didn't see a mass pandemic then, I don't think I'll see one now...

Paola

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Captain REX
Has anyone ever played Pandemic 2?

Yep, did you catch the xkcd reference to the game?

Shakyamunison
Instead of transforming its victims into vampiresque creatures, it turns them into pigs. Tragic...

Then would it be "I Am Full"? wink

Captain REX
That I did. Goddamn Madagascar. I only got it once, but then Argentina didn't fall to the Mother Theresa Virus.

cloud102
A map of some cases.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=p&msa=0&msid=106484775090296685271.0004681a37b713f6b5950&ll=22.22809,-111.357422&spn=35.796953,63.896484&z=4

Captain REX
Okay... that's a little more uncomfortable. Two deaths related to this outbreak were in the Tijuana area, and I'm maybe an hour north of there. Hmm.

lil bitchiness
Ah crap, there's a suspected one in Montreal.

Captain REX
Just don't befriend anyone who is showing pig-like tendencies, Lil.

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Ah crap, there's a suspected one in Montreal.

Best to kill the person and burn the body while it's still early, "the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few."

Captain REX
Plus, if they've contracted the disease this early on, it is apparent that Darwinism has stepped in and they were too weak to NOT get it.

lil bitchiness
We should all prepare.

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cfe2ds.jpg

Robtard
His second book, World War Z is a gem; it's begin made into a movie, by Brad Pitt's studio(& Paramount). Recommend it.

Captain REX
I'll have to look into both books; I haven't read them.

Robtard
I'll have to look into both books; I haven't read them.

Survival Guide is more of a tongue-in-cheek (not ass) novelty book, while WWZ is a story, surprisingly well put together story. It consist of many short stories, that slowly link together in one or more ways as you read on.

Deja~vu
Well everyone will die from something, so that's just the way it goes. However, you can boost your immune system to help fight it off.

Doom and Gloom
About 150 people have died so far and the media is acting like it's 150,000

GCG
Wasn't it a Pig Flu?

a pig flu? tought that was impossible

KidRock
I hate these stupid pandemics. Give us something cool like Zombies.

cloud102
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
About 150 people have died so far and the media is acting like it's 150,000

The media has raised it above 170. But I know a few people who live in Mexico City stating it's far more than that. Just like SARS, the media is downplaying it. Time will tell.

Bicnarok
Wasn't it a Pig Flu?

Pig Flu, Swine Flu, Mexican Flu etc I think using any of these terms people will know what is meant by it.

A more accurate description would be Pig/Swine, bird, Human Flu as its got a bit of everything in it. Looks likes someones been playing chemists in Mexico.

BackFire
Originally posted by Robtard
His second book, World War Z is a gem; it's begin made into a movie, by Brad Pitt's studio(& Paramount). Recommend it.

I just finished that one. It's excellent.

Oh yeah, Pig flu. About as worried about this as I am about being anally probed by a big dicked alien. That is, I am super worried about it.

Koenig
Are the good old media hyping it up and milking it as much as they can. Our leaders talk it up as well, just like AIDS, BSE,CJD,SARS,BIRD FLU and all the rest. You got more chance being mugged and knocked down by a car.

cloud102
Now it has hit Asia and Middle East. Impressive for a first wave. Second will either make it or break it.

cloud102
Michigan, South Korea, Scotland, and possibly Austria have a cases now.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by cloud102
The media has raised it above 170. But I know a few people who live in Mexico City stating it's far more than that. Just like SARS, the media is downplaying it. Time will tell.

Downplaying it by 20 people is called rounding.

inimalist

where were you that they downplayed SARS?

jaden101
More people have died in the same time frame from normal flu. The only reason this is being picked up on is that it isn't killing just old people.

Doom and Gloom

DOWNPLAYING IT? confused Are you nuts? More like they've blown it way out of proportion, just like they did with SARS. When tens of thousands start dying it's a big deal, otherwise...eh.

lord xyz
Only Mexicans can die from it, so don't go to Taco Bell.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
Only Mexicans can die from it, so don't go to Taco Bell.

Taco Bell has nothing to do with Mexican. roll eyes (sarcastic)

inimalist
DOWNPLAYING IT? confused Are you nuts? More like they've blown it way out of proportion, just like they did with SARS. When tens of thousands start dying it's a big deal, otherwise...eh.

not to say it isn't a big deal, but at this point, the world community is watching it, and for better or worse, attention is on the swine flu, much like it was on the bird flu and SARS.

the one that gets us will probably have 2-3 thousand dead before any media type hype. this is just scare tactics for ratings.

I don't know, I don't think we will watch a global pandemic unfold, rather, it will be the thing we aren't watching while all of the attention is on some (insert animal) flu.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by inimalist
this is just scare tactics for ratings.

Yes, it most certainly is.

People die of disease every day. The last outbreak of any kind that killed a really significant # of people, not counting AIDS, was the flu pandemic of 1919-20 and yet the human population is still many times what it was then. Despite 30+ years of AIDS the human population continues to increase every year.

It would literally take something akin to the black death of Midieval Europe, that wiped out a third of Europes population, to really make a dent in things.

We will survive this, life will go on for the overwhelmingly vast majority of us. The media will continue to hype it up until the next thing for them to make money comes along.

inimalist
Yes, it most certainly is.

People die of disease every day. The last outbreak of any kind that killed a really significant # of people, not counting AIDS, was the flu pandemic of 1919-20 and yet the human population is still many times what it was then. Despite 30+ years of AIDS the human population continues to increase every year.

It would literally take something akin to the black death of Midieval Europe, that wiped out a third of Europes population, to really make a dent in things.

We will survive this, life will go on for the overwhelmingly vast majority of us. The media will continue to hype it up until the next thing for them to make money comes along.

the black death was spread by poor sanitation and health conditions, however. We know enough about the germ theory to prevent something like that from being so rampant.

I've seen shows on stuff like this, and a virus that could be so deadly today would require really specific qualities.

For instance, something like ebola will never be a world class pandemic because it kills too fast and effectively, whereas aids is too slow to be that terrible. Sure stuff mutates, but idk, just from an evolutionary standpoint, viruses aren't very well adapted if they kill the entire population of hosts.

cloud102

Yes, because they don't report the real numbers. Most don't know the real numbers. Just like SARS.

2 possible deaths in LA county.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/04/two-los-angeles-county-deaths-possibly-related-to-swine-flu-coroner-says.html

inimalist
Yes, because they don't report the real numbers. Most don't know the real numbers. Just like SARS.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/04/two-los-angeles-county-deaths-possibly-related-to-swine-flu-coroner-says.html

you clearly weren't following the Canadian or any of the American news broadcasts that I watched during the SARS outbreak.

care to show what you would consider a newscast downplaying it? Because if memory serves, most had biohazard graphics, people with hazmat or other "protective" gear, or the word pandemic plastered all over them. I include CBC, normally very reliable, in this.

cloud102
you clearly weren't following the Canadian or any of the American news broadcasts that I watched during the SARS outbreak.

care to show what you would consider a newscast downplaying it? Because if memory serves, most had biohazard graphics, people with hazmat or other "protective" gear, or the word pandemic plastered all over them. I include CBC, normally very reliable, in this.

I'm talking about downplaying the numbers in Mexico, so nobody goes on a full on panic mode. I know people from that area and they are reporting it's a lot WORSE than they are dishing out. Yes, certain media is hyping this up, but they are doing a good job in trying to get people prepared (If this is the big one),

remember that the Spanish flu was light in the beginning. Then fizzled out in the Summer, then came back hard during the Fall. I'm not saying this is the big one, just be prepared and have an open mind.

inimalist
I'm talking about downplaying the numbers in Mexico, so nobody goes on a full on panic mode. I know people from that area and they are reporting it's a lot WORSE than they are dishing out. Yes, certain media is hyping this up, but they are doing a good job in trying to get people prepared (If this is the big one),

remember that the Spanish flu was light in the beginning. Then fizzled out in the Summer, then came back hard during the Fall. I'm not saying this is the big one, just be prepared and have an open mind.

WHERE WAS THE SARS OUTBREAK DOWNPLAYED?

PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK OR EVEN THE NAME OF A NEWS PUBLICATION THAT YOU REMEMBER DOING SUCH.

cloud102
WHERE WAS THE SARS OUTBREAK DOWNPLAYED?

PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK OR EVEN THE NAME OF A NEWS PUBLICATION THAT YOU REMEMBER DOING SUCH.

IN THE BEGINNING CHINA DOWNPLAYED THE NUMBERS AND THE US MEDIA (THAT I HAVE READ) REPORTED THE NUMBERS AS WELL. THE NUMBERS WERE ACTUALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES REPORTED AT THE TIME.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2949525.stm

Doom and Gloom

Two deaths? And how many people live in LA county? Isn't it over 9 million?

Quick, shut down all airports, call out the national guard, quarentine anyone who remotly looks hispanic, and get Obama to go on national TV.

You clearly have no idea of what is serious and what isn't. Like I said, people die every day, this "outbreak" shouldn't rate much more than a back page secondary article

cloud102

Quick, shut down all airports, call out the national guard, quarentine anyone who remotly looks hispanic, and get Obama to go on national TV.

You clearly have no idea of what is serious and what isn't. Like I said, people die every day, this "outbreak" shouldn't rate much more than a back page secondary article

I never said this was serious, friendo. Neither did I say CLOSE ALL BORDERS! **** AS MANY WOMEN AS YOU CAN!

Symmetric Chaos

Death's per population isn't how you judge the danger of a virus. It's typically how fast it spreads and the number dead per infected.

siriuswriter
Well, I'm in Nebraska, and I have it.

So I'd have to be on the side of the people who are saying that it's not being overplayed.

Ace of Knaves

chomperx9
hope this doesnt turn out to be some kinda plague that you can catch just by getting close to the person not just them breathing on you.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chomperx9
hope this doesnt turn out to be some kinda plague that you can catch just by getting close to the person not just them breathing on you.

Like how the black death spread through eye contact?

Robtard
Like how the black death spread through eye contact?

Fleas, Arab, fleas were the main vector, iirc.

Scythe
I love all the stupid people blaming pigs on this, and resorting to talking trash about the average pigs and vowing never to eat pork. I laughed.

Ban Mido
I live in Ohio and as soon as that damn 9 year old boy went and got sick on us, few days later I start feeling ill. Worse I've ever felt in my life, I mean it was nasty. So I went to the doctor today...scared to death mind you. I get inside...some teeny tiny lady comes in to be my doctor and even though I was worried I was also tempted to pick her up and pinch her cheeks..

ANYWAY....After the normal poking and proding..She proceded to shove rods up my nose...twice....which ended up being four times...then made me pee in a cup...just to scold me on the color of my urine and how much I went....=|....I won't lie...I didn't feel much better...but then When I was at the desk paying and such...I jacked a wolverine sticker....and that made me feel better :3...

Paola
Originally posted by siriuswriter

So I'd have to be on the side of the people who are saying that it's not being overplayed.

you have it? the flu you mean? cry

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Scythe
I love all the stupid people blaming pigs on this, and resorting to talking trash about the average pigs and vowing never to eat pork. I laughed.

So the swine flu is forcing everyone to follow kosher?

Fleas, Arab, fleas were the main vector, iirc.

Well yes, fleas carried by black rats and eye contact. Also Jews pouring their demon blood into wells.

Scythe
So the swine flu is forcing everyone to follow kosher?

In some people, yeah. Almost makes it seem like a conspiracy, almost... Hmmm.... Jared Fogle is behind this, has to be.

Deja~vu
I say bring back the Black Death! There will be many job openings with that. God, I can't wait. lol. No more fast food jobs for ex-executives, (over qualified)..............

Sounds like a plan to me. I am an optimist, btw..clap

Robtard
Originally posted by Deja~vu
I say bring back the Black Death! There will be many job openings with that. God, I can't wait. lol. No more fast food jobs for ex-executives, (over qualified)..............

Sounds like a plan to me. I am an optimist, btw..clap

Bubonic plague is still around, occasionally pops up here and there.

Deja~vu
In the real sense, it will be the that the fittest does survive as always. If antibiotics doesn't work, which in time they won't, then it is only ourselves that would/could fight it. Such is and has always been life. Some die to make way for the other most healthy, and productive ones. By productive, I mean can reproduce and can reproduce something healthy. It's just the way it has always been.

inimalist
IN THE BEGINNING CHINA DOWNPLAYED THE NUMBERS AND THE US MEDIA (THAT I HAVE READ) REPORTED THE NUMBERS AS WELL. THE NUMBERS WERE ACTUALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES REPORTED AT THE TIME.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2949525.stm

word

totally opposite over here at least

inimalist
Well yes, fleas carried by black rats and eye contact. Also Jews pouring their demon blood into wells.

we all know Jews get their blood from prepubescent children

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel_against_Jews

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by siriuswriter

That's... terrifying. I'm also in Nebraska and I thought nothing had been confirmed!

doctor

Get better fast! Don't infect me!

Nemesis X
Can't believe this got in the United States all because some idiot teens went to go hang at Mexico and come back.

Scythe
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Can't believe this got in the United States all because some idiot teens went to go hang at Mexico and come back.

Seriously?! It's Mexico, when has anything ever been contained there?

Red Nemesis
Hey- we only got it because we touch Kansas. Kansas is Nebraska's Mexico, just as the US is Canada's Mexico. Do you see how that works?

Scythe
I sometimes like to think we're all someone's Mexico.

Captain REX
Apparently my girlfriend's community college has announced that she should not come to school for at least seven days if she has visited the San Diego area.

Which means she's going on vacation next week, apparently.

cloud102
The true test of this flu will be next Fall or Winter. Check out this vid. Pretty scary if History repeats itself.

http://www.wpxi.com/video/19313969/index.html

Rogue Jedi
Apparently my girlfriend's community college has announced that she should not come to school for at least seven days if she has visited the San Diego area.

Which means she's going on vacation next week, apparently. Mexico?

RedAlertv2
Can't believe this got in the United States all because some idiot teens went to go hang at Mexico and come back. Actually that sounds very believable. Americans do that every day

Paola
And they keep coming... I was watching the news today and Quintana Roo's airport is full of tourists roll eyes (sarcastic)

Can't you guys vacation someplace else?

botankus
I'm going to my buddy's wedding in Mexico August 22nd. He's from Jersey. Even before this whole Swine thing, I was like WTF? Destination Wedding? I'd rather go to a wedding in Jersey!

Anyway, if I manage to post in September, that means I survived.

Bicnarok
Odd that the Flu in Mexico is killing folk, but in other countries less lethal.

Is it programmed to kill little dark haired, tequila drinking, big hat wearing people or what?

Robtard

Yeah, vacationing is for losers.

Doom and Gloom
Egypt overreacts to Swine Flu

People are stupid.

botankus
Yeah, vacationing is for losers.

I agree. My company gives me 17 days vacation each year, and just to be safe, I make damn sure that I spend each minute of those 17 days inside my closet, wrapped from head to toe in bubble-wrap .

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by botankus
I agree. My company gives me 17 days vacation each year, and just to be safe, I make damn sure that I spend each minute of those 17 days inside my closet, wrapped from head to toe in bubble-wrap .

You too? eek!

Genesis
Egypt overreacts to Swine Flu

People are stupid.

People are careful.

I'm just saying ...

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Genesis
People are careful.

I'm just saying ...

Careful? Well damn...I guess we should kill everyone with AIDS then....just saying.

GCG
makes me wish the Stupid Flu started so that we could slaughter all the stupid people

it would be legal then

Kinkin
Careful? Well damn...I guess we should kill everyone with AIDS then....just saying. Thats what I've been saying!!

Robtard
Originally posted by botankus

Ha, I get 26. I do like the bubble-wrap idea, though.

botankus
Ha, I get 26. I do like the bubble-wrap idea, though.
Send me an application, and I'll send you 500-ft roll of my bubbly plastic disease shelter.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mexico?

San Diego, California? The major city right across the border from Tijuana, Mexico? It is where I go to college, and my girlfriend is going to be visiting me. The 'vacation' is that her school doesn't want her showing up if she's been to San Diego.

We actually had a kid at my school who had this strain of the Flu...

leonheartmm
new zealand, canada, europe...........

Robtard
When it hits Antarctica, then I'll worry.

Sadako of Girth
Its just hit here.

Cases in London already.

Bugger.

Captain REX
When it hits Antarctica, then I'll worry.

The random scientists out there?

jaden101
I hope you all die. I've never liked any of you.

Sadako of Girth
LOL
Will you be there over our smoking corpses offering us a cigarette going "Are you alright Keithy...?"

Antarctica eh?

Is "The Thing" antibodied up against this virus....?

Cause Im confinced that either Kurt Russell or the other dude was a thing.

Robtard
The random scientists out there?

That and if it's able to survive the subfreezing temperatures, then I'd worry, because it'd be a super-virus, akin to the legendary Super-AIDS.

KidRock
Originally posted by jaden101

The problem with Scotland is..there is just too many Scots.

Sadako of Girth
sad

Who will be the "Super Rock Hudson"...?

Robtard

Looks like someone didn't get their stovies and Irn Bru today...

Robtard
Originally posted by KidRock
The problem with Scotland is..there is just too many Scots.

You misquoted Edward 'The Longshanks', ass.

Sadako of Girth
"Crazy motherf**king Eddie" as he was known to close drinking friends.

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
LOL
Will you be there over our smoking corpses offering us a cigarette going "Are you alright Keithy...?"

Sadako's done himself a mischief.

Irn Bru is good for one thing. Hangovers.

Stovies I only have in the winter.

Sadako of Girth
LOLZ stick out tongue

Robtard
Well **** me sideways, Jaden. Square Slice then?

Work with me here, because I'm running out of Scot foods/knowledge.

Sadako of Girth
They smash furniture in a way that even the hardest Irishman could only dream of..

Sean Connery is "one of them".*

(*= Scotland dwellers)

KidRock
They smash furniture in a way that even the hardest Irishman could only dream of..

Sean Connery is "one of them".*

(*= Scotland dwellers)

Keep Sean Connery, he is the exception to all Scots being turd sandwhiches..kind of like Dan Aykroyd to Canadians.

Robtard
Keep Sean Connery, he is the exception to all Scots being turd sandwhiches..kind of like Dan Aykroyd to Canadians.

Nonsense, just off the top of my head I can think of other actors worth keeping, Robert Carlyle, Brian Cox and James McAvoy.

jaden101
Well **** me sideways, Jaden. Square Slice then?

Work with me here, because I'm running out of Scot foods/knowledge.

Well go with the cliche...Haggis, neeps and tatties.

Or as is famous aroond these parts...The mighty Wallace's "Peh" (named after William)

Then again. For the more modern conneissuer of Scottish food, you could always go with the other cliche of a deep friend mars bar (although to this day i've still never seen anyone eat one)

jaden101

Shame there isn't an exception to the deep south redneck hick rule eh?

Sadako of Girth
And the most famous of them all: Scotty from Star Trek....

*Runs before his legs are rightfully broken* stick out tongue

jaden101
And the most famous of them all:

Soon to be the bloke that invented this strain of swine flu....Namely me.

Robtard
Well go with the cliche...Haggis, neeps and tatties.

Or as is famous aroond these parts...The mighty Wallace's "Peh" (named after William)

Then again. For the more modern conneissuer of Scottish food, you could always go with the other cliche of a deep friend mars bar (although to this day i've still never seen anyone eat one)

I was avoiding Haggis, as to not sound cliche. Every American who's seen 'So I Married An Axe Murderer' seems to think they know all things Scottish, because of that (somewhat funny) movie.

Hmmm, going to Virginia in about 3 weeks, they deep fry Snickers bars there, might be similar.

KidRock
Shame there isn't an exception to the deep south redneck hick rule eh?

A damn shame!

jaden101
I was avoiding Haggis, as to not sound cliche. Every American who's seen 'So I Married An Axe Murderer' seems to think they know all things Scottish, because of that (somewhat funny) movie.

I actually used the "let's get pished" line in my best man speech at my brother's wedding.

Robtard

Speaking of and getting back on topic, apparently some postal worker in my town (about a mile away from my house) has it.

Makes me wonder if I have/had it, I had a flu starting on the 13th, felt like stepped-on shit, snot, phlegm, all my joints ached, kidneys ached for a week, coughing etc.

I'm much better now, but I still have a bit of phlegm, a mild cough and a general, although slight feeling of malaise and it's been three+ weeks, which is very unusual for me, as I rarely get sick and recover quickly when I do.

Robtard
I actually used the "let's get pished" line in my best man speech at my brother's wedding.

Being Scottish, you're allowed.

Sadako of Girth

LOL Nice to know an innovator, I guess...

And having sex with a pig in order to bring about the end of mankind was scientific inspiration at its best.

Fat Bastard and Shrek are Scots.
('Cause Mike Myers' dad is too)

jaden101
Speaking of and getting back on topic, apparently some postal worker in my town (about a mile away from my house) has it.

Makes me wonder if I have/had it, I had a flu starting on the 13th, felt like stepped-on shit, snot, phlegm, all my joints ached, kidneys ached for a week, coughing etc.

I'm much better now, but I still have a bit of phlegm, a mild cough and a general, although slight feeling of malaise and it's been three+ weeks, which is very unusual for me, as I rarely get sick and recover quickly when I do.

That'll be the way of it for most people. I saw the interview with the boy who had the earliest recorded case of it in this "pandemic"...He's totally fine now and he was from rural Mexico with little or no healthcare. He spent 3 days in bed and he was fine.

It's not as big a deal as it's being made out. in the last week since this has been news some 20,000 people around the world will have died from normal flu.

As I said before, the only reason this gets headlines is that it has killed people who are normally at less risk from normal flu...namely people under 45 and over 5.

This stockpiling of face masks and anti viral drugs are a joke. For a start the masks are far too pourous to be effective against airborne pathogens without them being lined with certain chemicals and secondly, most anti-viral drugs are relatively ineffective except for cutting edge genetically specific drugs which are being developed.

jaden101
LOL Nice to know an innovator, I guess...

And having sex with a pig in order to bring about the end of mankind was scientific inspiration at its best.

There's a "your mother" joke in there somewhere but i'm far too reserved to go there.

Sadako of Girth
Thankfully.

Robtard
That'll be the way of it for most people. I saw the interview with the boy who had the earliest recorded case of it in this "pandemic"...He's totally fine now and he was from rural Mexico with little or no healthcare. He spent 3 days in bed and he was fine.

It's not as big a deal as it's being made out. in the last week since this has been news some 20,000 people around the world will have died from normal flu.

As I said before, the only reason this gets headlines is that it has killed people who are normally at less risk from normal flu...namely people under 45 and over 5.

This stockpiling of face masks and anti viral drugs are a joke. For a start the masks are far too pourous to be effective against airborne pathogens without them being lined with certain chemicals and secondly, most anti-viral drugs are relatively ineffective except for cutting edge genetically specific drugs which are being developed.

Could I at least get a shirt that says: "I survived the Pig Flu and all I got was this stupid shirt"?

jaden101
Could I at least get a shirt that says: "I survived the Pig Flu and all I got was this stupid shirt"?

This'll have to do.

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/swine-flu-bacons-revenge-20090428-200331.jpg

Robtard
What I find odd, none of the would be Jerry Falwells have come out and stated: "This Pig Flu is a curse from God because of societies acceptance of homosexuals!"

Sadako of Girth
Give them time.

They may be down at the farm trying to remember if they used protection, or not.

Robtard
LoL, very true.

Sadako of Girth
I bet Kermit the frog is a bit nervous right now.

leonheartmm
swine flue alert raised to level 5, global outbreak imminent............... maybe people shud stop laughing now

Sadako of Girth
Now is the perfect time to laugh.
Even if it gets us all.

It got us through two world wars, you know.

Your truely screwed, when you let the horror get to you.

Still... Individual coping strategies aside, point taken Leon.

leonheartmm
no no, not let the horror get to you, but instead, stop treating it as another one of those things those wierdo scientists came up with that was bullshit "rememberh thaht birdh flueh?! bastards always trying to scare us, humanity is here to stay! hyuk hyuk"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>