Dr. Doom (amped) vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Dr. Doom

Accessories:

1. Mjolnir : Full access of capabilities

2. Two Green Lantern Rings : Full access of capabilities

3. The Eye of Agamotto : Full access of capabilities

vs.

Thanos

Rules/Settings:

- Doom has three days (72 hrs) to train with these weapons. However, he cannot use this time for prepping of any kind.
- No summoning of outside/extra help
- No BFR
- No prep for either character (besides the 72 hours Doom has with the artifacts)
- Ring is fully charged and does not lose power.
- Takes place on a neutral battlefield on an isolated planet.

nimbus006
Bump

occultdestroyer
Stalemate.

nimbus006
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Stalemate.

Convenient, but doubtful. stick out tongue

Bouboumaster
I say Thanos

Kris Blaze
Doom.

TricksterPriest
Still Thanos. 72 hours isn't enough time to master them all enough to beat Thanos. But they would give Doom the power to win if he had more time to learn them.

Although.........the eye itself might be enough.

guy222
Doom

Endless Mike
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Still Thanos. 72 hours isn't enough time to master them all enough to beat Thanos. But they would give Doom the power to win if he had more time to learn them.

Although.........the eye itself might be enough.

Wasn't Doom using Surfer's powers better than Surfer could himself just after taking them?

Enyalus
Doom w/ GL rings = Classic Ion.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Philosophía
Doom.

quanchi112

King Kandy
Thanos, people with full power over these artifacts have been unable to scratch him, how is doom with a half-assed knowledge of all three going to do any better?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos, people with full power over these artifacts have been unable to scratch him, how is doom with a half-assed knowledge of all three going to do any better?

I don't recall anyone ever using a GL on THanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I don't recall anyone ever using a GL on THanos. So those rings would be able to accomplish what the pc could not?

Silent Master
Doom

leonheartmm
doom will ass rape him. this is basically king thor+sentinal alan scott+classic non oa ion+ half the might of aggomato. i doubt even the highest sky fathers cud survive such an onslaught.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonheartmm
doom will ass rape him. this is basically king thor+sentinal alan scott+classic non oa ion+ half the might of aggomato. i doubt even the highest sky fathers cud survive such an onslaught. King Thor had the odinforce. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alan Scott has the star heart. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What does Ion have to do with this thread?

Thanos takes this quite easily. I don't even think you have a clue about anything with regards to this very thread.

nimbus006
Originally posted by quanchi112
King Thor had the odinforce. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I actually agree with every question Quanchi just asked in response to Leon's claim that "this is basically king thor+sentinal alan scott+classic non oa ion+ half the might of aggomato".

It's not King Thor, it's certaintly not classic Ion, and where does it state the the eye gives you half of Agamotto's power?

nimbus006
Originally posted by King Kandy

Disagree.

Doom has never faced a GL Ring.

Mjolnir has scratched him.

The Eye would definitely help combat someone like Thanos.

leonheartmm
King Thor had the odinforce. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos takes this quite easily. I don't even think you have a clue about anything with regards to this very thread.

theres that arrogance again from the premiere thanos lover. i was giving a rough estimate.

when you say FULL POWER of the mjolnir, your talking about part of odin's power.

when you say FULL power of the gl ring, your talking about the power that hal displayed in zero hour prior to absorbing OA which single handedly destroyed the justice leageu among other things like creating a stake to damage a monitor etc.

alan scott didnt always have the heart, i was referring to his control of the ring.

ion's role is stated above.

please, dont pretend to suddenly act like a seasoned debater when you have been known to be one of the biggest fanboys in this thread. your still a kid. thanos gets raped.

quanchi112
theres that arrogance again from the premiere thanos lover. i was giving a rough estimate.

when you say FULL POWER of the mjolnir, your talking about part of odin's power.

when you say FULL power of the gl ring, your talking about the power that hal displayed in zero hour prior to absorbing OA which single handedly destroyed the justice leageu among other things like creating a stake to damage a monitor etc.

alan scott didnt always have the heart, i was referring to his control of the ring.

please, dont pretend to suddenly act like a seasoned debater when you have been known to be one of the biggest fanboys in this thread. your still a kid. thanos gets raped. You referenced King Thor. He had all of Odin's power. King Thor was on a whole other level than Thor with mjolnir. Do you even know who King Thor is and when he appeared?

Wow. I am at a loss for words with this response. It's like you are going out of your way to let everyone know you don't know what you are talking about.

I'll humor you. What did Alan Scott do with his ring? Explain it to me.

What does Ion have to do with this thread. Ion power has nothing to do with two gl rings you do know this right?

You haven't proven a thing. You have shown a lack of understanding about the items Doom gets in this thread if anything. I grasp what is going on here while you are all over the board with no clue of anything here.

The threadstarter even called you out.

nimbus006

please, dont pretend to suddenly act like a seasoned debater when you have been known to be one of the biggest fanboys in this thread. your still a kid. thanos gets raped.

Let me clarify. It seems as though there's some confusion.

When I said full capabilities of each I meant the full capabilties shown by their users (Thor, GL i.e Hal, Guy, John, and Dr. Strange) on a regular basis.

Not those artifcacts at their highest showings.

nimbus006

I'm not calling anyone out.

I'm simply debating by asking Leon a question. smile

leonheartmm
You referenced King Thor. He had all of Odin's power. King Thor was on a whole other level than Thor with mjolnir. Do you even know who King Thor is and when he appeared?

Wow. I am at a loss for words with this response. It's like you are going out of your way to let everyone know you don't know what you are talking about.

I'll humor you. What did Alan Scott do with his ring? Explain it to me.

What does Ion have to do with this thread. Ion power has nothing to do with two gl rings you do know this right?

You haven't proven a thing. You have shown a lack of understanding about the items Doom gets in this thread if anything. I grasp what is going on here while you are all over the board with no clue of anything here.

your proven wrong on a bold claim that BB didnt scream......check

youve been proven wrong on the claim that skrulls can merely replicate the powers of those whoe appearances they take on unless specifically designed........check

{just in case, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrull }

you came at me with big words and didnt have the substance to back them up

why shud i continue humouring you at this point quan?

Bouboumaster
Still Thanos.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by nimbus006
Let me clarify. It seems as though there's some confusion.

When I said full capabilities of each I meant the full capabilties shown by their users (Thor, GL i.e Hal, Guy, John, and Dr. Strange) on a regular basis.

Not those artifcacts at their highest showings.

then u shud have specified big grin . all you said was "full capabilities of GL ring" which is different from the capabilities shown by individual user. similarly, the full power of the eye of aggomato unleashed is easily able to damage beings on the level of dormammu/shuma gorath, if we consider that thanos loses badly.

nimbus006
Enough bickering at each other.

Let's get back on topic.

Leon, has it ever been stated on panel that possesing the Eye of Agamotto gives you half of his power?

quanchi112
your proven wrong on a bold claim that BB didnt scream......check

youve been proven wrong on the claim that skrulls can merely replicate the powers of those whoe appearances they take on unless specifically designed........check

{just in case, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrull }

you came at me with big words and didnt have the substance to back them up

why shud i continue humouring you at this point quan? I read the comic.

This skrull was specifically designed for replicate BB's powers. laughing out loud I mean wtf.

BB never screamed at WW Hulk. The whisper was powerful enough I believe to destroy Rhode Island.

I get my information from the comics not wiki.

nimbus006
the full power of the eye of aggomato unleashed is easily able to damage beings on the level of dormammu/shuma gorath, if we consider that thanos loses badly.

Yes, when used by Strange at his classic levels.

Doom, although a powerful mystic, is not anywhere near the level of classic Strange. Nor does he have the knowledge of said item that Strange does.

The point of the thread is can Doom achieve a high enough level of these weapons in the given amount of time, in order to defeat Thanos.

nimbus006
then u shud have specified big grin . all you said was "full capabilities of GL ring" which is different from the capabilities shown by individual user. .

But the full capability of a GL Ring is different and based on each individual user.

In this case their will power.

leonheartmm
Enough bickering at each other.

Let's get back on topic.

Leon, has it ever been stated on panel that possesing the Eye of Agamotto gives you half of his power?

no, and that a rough estimate, however, considering the beings strange has damaged with it, and considering that artifacts like that of dimensional beings given free reign can actually manifest the god in question outside their realm, it makes sense. {e.g. ruby of cyttorak, the black tome, cloak of levitation, the book of spells}

leonheartmm
But the full capability of a GL Ring is different and based on each individual user.

In this case their will power.

nope, reguardless of willpower, the amount of energy contained in the ring can not exceed the lantern and at best can not be greater than the combined power on OA. it has been stated that john stewart's will currently surpasses the power in his ring.

leonheartmm
I read the comic.

This skrull was specifically designed for replicate BB's powers. laughing out loud I mean wtf.

BB never screamed at WW Hulk. The whisper was powerful enough I believe to destroy Rhode Island.

I get my information from the comics not wiki.

so do i.

has there been any super skrull who has replicated herald level powers before? nope

yes he did, it was retconned later.

if you like i cud give you the scan right now just to rub it in your face. ive read the comic. stop with the empty slyness.

nimbus006
nope, reguardless of willpower, the amount of energy contained in the ring can not exceed the lantern and at best can not be greater than the combined power on OA. it has been stated that john stewart's will currently surpasses the power in his ring.

Yes, but GL's still have to be trained in the use of their Ring before they can reach the maximum power in it, correct?

The energy is still based on will power, and how each user wields it.

Doom only has three days, and that's to learn the capabilities of three items, not just the Rings.

quanchi112
so do i.

has there been any super skrull who has replicated herald level powers before? nope

yes he did, it was retconned later.

if you like i cud give you the scan right now just to rub it in your face. ive read the comic. stop with the empty slyness. It happened. That's the point. It was a skrull. It didn't just happen yersterday. You were clueless about it and then everyone rubbed it in your face.

I have the comic on my pc. Nowhere does he scream at WW Hulk. It's a skrull anyways.

nimbus006
no, and that a rough estimate, however, considering the beings strange has damaged with it, and considering that artifacts like that of dimensional beings given free reign can actually manifest the god in question outside their realm, it makes sense. {e.g. ruby of cyttorak, the black tome, cloak of levitation, the book of spells}

Again, I hate to repeat myself, but that's when used by Strange at his classic levels.

Doom, although a powerful mystic, is nowhere near the level of classic Strange. Nor does he have the knowledge of said item that Strange does.

The point of the thread is can Doom achieve a high enough level of these weapons in the given amount of time, in order to defeat Thanos? smile

leonheartmm
It happened. That's the point. It was a skrull. It didn't just happen yersterday. You were clueless about it and then everyone rubbed it in your face.

I have the comic on my pc. Nowhere does he scream at WW Hulk. It's a skrull anyways.

just like beyonder was retconned into a cosmic cube. does that mean galactus being humbled by the beyonder was an illusion????? NO!
and please, youve lost the argument so badly that you claiming to rub anythign in any1's face at this point feals like the grumbling of a dying man.

so do i, and you must have been asleap for the past hour. it didnt happen on panel, but it was STATED to happen by the hulk on PANEL. he said "i wanna hear you scream". really, does any1 here beleive that blackbolt didnt scream against the hulk and got his ass handed to him without screaming???? dont be ridiculous quan.

leonheartmm
Again, I hate to repeat myself, but that's when used by Strange at his classic levels.

Doom, although a powerful mystic, is nowhere near the level of classic Strange. Nor does he have the knowledge of said item that Strange does.

The point of the thread is can Doom achieve a high enough level of these weapons in the given amount of time, in order to defeat Thanos? smile

your contradicting yourself

quanchi112
just like beyonder was retconned into a cosmic cube. does that mean galactus being humbled by the beyonder was an illusion????? NO!
and please, youve lost the argument so badly that you claiming to rub anythign in any1's face at this point feals like the grumbling of a dying man.

so do i, and you must have been asleap for the past hour. it didnt happen on panel, but it was STATED to happen by the hulk on PANEL. he said "i wanna hear you scream". really, does any1 here beleive that blackbolt didnt scream against the hulk and got his ass handed to him without screaming???? dont be ridiculous quan. Your misspellings and dancing around the issue is laughable.

I want to hear you scream doesn't translate into him screaming off panel. The blast was powerful enough to destroy RIsland. In the grand scheme of things not that powerful in any event.

You are in the wrong thread by the way. LOL.

nimbus006
your contradicting yourself

No I'm not.

I already cleared up that point.

"Full acccess to" meaning he has the full ability to access the average display of power that Strange (the normal user) has shown in the past.

The question is, is three days long enough to attain it?

How am I contradicting myself?

In other words, he's not hindered by any PIS that might enable him to gain said powers.

leonheartmm
^u just did
3 times

"full access" {nearly full power of aggomato outside his realm}

"access to the extant that strange has in the past" {to the amount that beings on the level of dormammu and shuma gorath can be hurt by it}

"is three days long enough to gain it" {this having nuthing to do with strange's acces of its power but being a wholly different scenario where the artifact is given to a newbie who has NO experience with it whatsoever and hence no initial amount of access to its power}

so instead of FULL access, or ACCESS AS MUCH AS THE WIELDER{which is based in the wielder's experience to begin with} you shud say, doom with three days experience with each artifact and nuthing more.

nimbus006

so instead of FULL access, or ACCESS AS MUCH AS THE WIELDER{which is based in the wielder's experience to begin with} you shud say, doom with three days experience with each artifact and nuthing more.

The point of saying full access was to make it clear that Doom's ability to become proficient with these items would not be hindered by some stupid plot device such as the Eye would never answer to Doom, or he could never pick up Mjolnir.

Do you get me?

nimbus006
doom with three days experience with each artifact and nuthing more.

If it makes it easier for you, then think of it that way.

My point was Doom, in comic book reality, would not be able to use or achieve a high level of mastery over most of these items because of the restrictions placed on them by higher beings.

"Full access to" was meant to imply there are no such restrictions.

Also technically, Doom having full access to the eye of Agamotto's power, doesn't mean the same thing as Doom has the full power of the eye of Agamotto.

You can have full acess to the IG, just as the chick in the Infinity Gauntlet had, but she couldn't achieve the level of mastery over it that Thanos did.

Rage.Of.Olympus

so do i, and you must have been asleap for the past hour. it didnt happen on panel, but it was STATED to happen by the hulk on PANEL. he said "i wanna hear you scream". really, does any1 here beleive that blackbolt didnt scream against the hulk and got his ass handed to him without screaming???? dont be ridiculous quan.

It was a Skrull during World War Hulk. It was always meant to be a Skrull. There was no retcon.

The real Black Bolt, put Hulk down 4 times. Twice he put him down by simple opening his mouth and whispering so low it was inaudible, and he knocked Hulk out cold.

The Skrull Black Bolt, spoke, and all he did was blow away World War Hulk, and World War Hulk got right back up. The moment I read that, I knew it was either PIS, or something else was in play, as it was evidently not Black Bolt at the same levels as before. That was because he was intended to be a Skrull. It wasn't some half assed idea thrown in at the last minute.

leonheartmm
Your misspellings and dancing around the issue is laughable.

I want to hear you scream doesn't translate into him screaming off panel. The blast was powerful enough to destroy RIsland. In the grand scheme of things not that powerful in any event.

You are in the wrong thread by the way. LOL.

your existance on kmc is laughable and more importantly, has been laughed AT, stop with the arrogance, its embarrising to witness at this point with your face in the proverbial mud.

quanchi112
your existance on kmc is laughable and more importantly, has been laughed AT, stop with the arrogance, its embarrising to witness at this point with your face in the proverbial mud. I see desperation has set in. You want to ignore the comics and focus on me as a poster. My point has been made and you are being mocked in all fronts and are clearly wrong. You aren't arguing based on your interpretation you are arguing against factual data.

Thanos wins.

Ps. I knew you weren't going to list any impressive feats of anyone who you listed because it's quite clear you are a wikipedia guy.

leonheartmm
I see desperation has set in. You want to ignore the comics and focus on me as a poster. My point has been made and you are being mocked in all fronts and are clearly wrong. You aren't arguing based on your interpretation you are arguing against factual data.

Thanos wins.

Ps. I knew you weren't going to list any impressive feats of anyone who you listed because it's quite clear you are a wikipedia guy.

i see delusions have resurfaced.

if youd like me to, i can dispell this one right here. shud i put up the scans of the last hulk fight which you claimed i was reading from wiki to begin with??? lol, ur a ridiculously pathetic loser quan.

nimbus006
Thanos wins.

I beg to differ.

Just because I was arguing some incorrect facts, doesn't mean I think Thanos wins.

Doom already has a vast amount of Mystical ability. Plus, he has plenty of knowledge concerning Mjolnir and Strange's artifacts. Give him three days to further increase his knowledge of both, and 2 Gl rings to amp his own shields and energy output, and I think he can beat Thanos.

Even for a majority.

quanchi112

if youd like me to, i can dispell this one right here. shud i put up the scans of the last hulk fight which you claimed i was reading from wiki to begin with??? lol, ur a ridiculously pathetic loser quan. The scans can be easily found in a respect thread.

I mean all you have proven is that you were completely confused about the events of ww hulk and secret invasion.

guy222
Doom

quanchi112
I beg to differ.

Just because I was arguing some incorrect facts, doesn't mean I think Thanos wins.

Doom already has a vast amount of Mystical ability. Plus, he has plenty of knowledge concerning Mjolnir and Strange's artifacts. Give him three days to further increase his knowledge of both, and 2 Gl rings to amp his own shields and energy output, and I think he can beat Thanos.

Even for a majority. Not a chance in hell. Thanos has taken on beings like Odin and tyrant. Doom would also be far less than Thor with the power gem yet Thanos defeated and hung with him easily.

Mindset
Not a chance in hell. Thanos has taken on beings like Odin and tyrant. Doom would also be far less than Thor with the power gem yet Thanos defeated and hung with him easily. Why would Doom be far less than Thor with the power gem?

nimbus006
Not a chance in hell. Thanos has taken on beings like Odin and tyrant.

Thanos has taken them on, but he didn't beat them.

In fact, he was pretty much stomped by both.

Hell, I could take on Tito Ortiz, but he'd wup my ass.

iceman24567
Not a chance in hell. Thanos has taken on beings like Odin and tyrant. Doom would also be far less than Thor with the power gem yet Thanos defeated and hung with him easily.

Enyalus
Doom uses the GL rings to change his DNA into a Strontian's. End of Thanos. sad

Mindset

Hell, I could take on Tito Ortiz, but he'd wup my ass. I'd pay to see that. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Why would Doom be far less than Thor with the power gem? Because doom couldn't match Thor's feats with the power gem. The guy stomped classic Strange, the Silver Surfer, and the entire Infinity watch. Doom would get his ass handed to him in that situation with these power ups imo.Originally posted by nimbus006
Thanos has taken them on, but he didn't beat them.

In fact, he was pretty much stomped by both.

Hell, I could take on Tito Ortiz, but he'd wup my ass. Odin is far more powerful than Doom here and he didn't put Thanos down. He had quite a lot of time to do so and he didn't do it so how does doom?

Ortiz would submit you in moments while Odin never defeated Thanos. Thanos also beat the Silver Surfer almost to death with a few blows. Doom is getting his ass handed to him.

nimbus006
I'd pay to see that. smile

You'd be disappointed. embarrasment

Mindset
Because doom couldn't match Thor's feats with the power gem. Why not?

leonheartmm
The scans can be easily found in a respect thread.

I mean all you have proven is that you were completely confused about the events of ww hulk and secret invasion.

lmao, al right then you cheeky monkey, put your money where your mouth is, demand any page {preferrably one which cant be found on the respect thread}. of any of the comics which are a part of any of the crossoverse mentioned{world war hulk, secret invasion}, and lets see whether i come up with it or not. just to make you run away with a bitchslap on your face and your tail between your legs for making arrogant and idiotic claims.

quanchi112
Why not? Thor couldn't be physically beaten and had no limits. Doom has limits and doesn't have the power pr the access to the power that the power gem contains.

quanchi112
lmao, al right then you cheeky monkey, put your money where your mouth is, demand any page {preferrably one which cant be found on the respect thread}. of any of the comics which are a part of any of the crossoverse mentioned{world war hulk, secret invasion}, and lets see whether i come up with it or not. just to make you run away with a bitchslap on your face and your tail between your legs for making arrogant and idiotic claims. laughing out loud You aren't worth the effort. You got called out at every turn and changed your argument from every post. Let it go.

Mindset
Thor couldn't be physically beaten and had no limits. Doom has limits and doesn't have the power pr the access to the power that the power gem contains. Thor had no limits?

Apparently he did, he couldn't beat Thanos.

quanchi112
Thor had no limits?

Apparently he did, he couldn't beat Thanos. Thanos only temporarily beat him. Had Thor gotten out they couldn't have put him down. It states specifically that he had no limits. He wasn't powerful enough at the time to resist the force block, but in time he would have been.

Thanos tech in that story greater than classic Strange. That's how damn good he is.

Enyalus
Apparently he did, he couldn't beat Thanos.
Like Batman, Thanos has no limits. uhuh

nimbus006

Ortiz would submit you in moments while Odin never defeated Thanos.

Because he didn't want to.

Tito Ortiz could knock me around for as long as he wants to without actually defeating me.

leonheartmm
laughing out loud You aren't worth the effort. You got called out at every turn and changed your argument from every post. Let it go.

laughing laughing laughing laughing , so you make a bold claim but turn into a ***** when asked to substantiate it? i expected nuthing more, but still ill allow u to redeem yourself, go on, ask for a scan that cant be found on the respect pages, go on, i dare ya!

admit it my friend, you have been raped.

Mindset
Thanos only temporarily beat him. Had Thor gotten out they couldn't have put him down. It states specifically that he had no limits. He wasn't powerful enough at the time to resist the force block, but in time he would have been.

Thanos tech in that story greater than classic Strange. That's how damn good he is. If he had no limits than he should not have been able to be trapped in the force block.

So I guess he did have a limit when he beat Strange, SS, IW, and when he was beating on Thanos.

nimbus006
Thanos only temporarily beat him.

Kind of like how Odin temporarily beat Thanos. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Because he didn't want to.

Tito Ortiz could knock me around for as long as he wants to without actually defeating me. Odin admitted on panel that he wanted to kill Thanos. he also thought he defeated him.

Ortiz would easily beat you.Originally posted by leonheartmm
laughing laughing laughing laughing , so you make a bold claim but turn into a ***** when asked to substantiate it? i expected nuthing more, but still ill allow u to redeem yourself, go on, ask for a scan that cant be found on the respect pages, go on, i dare ya!

admit it my friend, you have been raped. This is one of the most childish things I have ever seen. I know I can find it, but for your sake I won't.Originally posted by Mindset
If he had no limits than he should not have been able to be trapped in the force block.

So I guess he did have a limit when he beat Strange, SS, IW, and when he was beating on Thanos. He was getting stronger and more powerful with each passing second. Like I said at the time he was defeated he wasn't powerful enough to break through the pure force block, but what does that have to do with Doom? Seriously, the guy uses wikipedia.

Thanos tech>Strange sorcery in that arc. Regardless, Doom doesn't have access to thanos tech.

quanchi112
Kind of like how Odin temporarily beat Thanos. stick out tongue Had the fight continued it's anyone's guess who would have won. stick out tongue

Enyalus
Originally posted by Enyalus
Doom uses the GL rings to change his DNA into a Strontian's. End of Thanos. sad

nimbus006
Odin admitted on panel that he wanted to kill Thanos. he also thought he defeated him.

Hmmm...I don't seem to remember him saying that.

Can you provide scans, por favor? big grin

By the way, Ortiz would have a very tough time beating me. eek!

I'm extremely difficult to catch, especially when I'm terrified out of my mind. embarrasment

nimbus006
Had the fight continued it's anyone's guess who would have won. stick out tongue

Agree to disagree.

Mindset
He was getting stronger and more powerful with each passing second. Like I said at the time he was defeated he wasn't powerful enough to break through the pure force block, but what does that have to do with Doom? Seriously, the guy uses wikipedia.

Thanos tech>Strange sorcery in that arc. Regardless, Doom doesn't have access to thanos tech. So then Thor did have a limit when he performed all the feats mentioned, according to you.

You can't be gaining power while at the same time already have limitless power.

You're right, Doom doesn't have Thanos tech, but he isn't fighting Thor w/ the power gem, so why does that even matter?

Bouboumaster
^u just did
3 times

"full access" {nearly full power of aggomato outside his realm}

"access to the extant that strange has in the past" {to the amount that beings on the level of dormammu and shuma gorath can be hurt by it}

"is three days long enough to gain it" {this having nuthing to do with strange's acces of its power but being a wholly different scenario where the artifact is given to a newbie who has NO experience with it whatsoever and hence no initial amount of access to its power}

Dude, wtf.

He meant he can use Mjorlnir and GL ring like they're normal wielder.

leonheartmm
Odin admitted on panel that he wanted to kill Thanos. he also thought he defeated him.

Ortiz would easily beat you. This is one of the most childish things I have ever seen. I know I can find it, but for your sake I won't. He was getting stronger and more powerful with each passing second. Like I said at the time he was defeated he wasn't powerful enough to break through the pure force block, but what does that have to do with Doom? Seriously, the guy uses wikipedia.

Thanos tech>Strange sorcery in that arc. Regardless, Doom doesn't have access to thanos tech.
dont worry about my sake, REALLY! substantiate your claim and ask me to give you scans or dialogue from a page of secret invasion or world war hulk that isnt on any respect thread, i still dare ya.

or concede that you were full of shit when u claimed that im a wiki reader.

nimbus006
he isn't fighting Thor w/ the power gem, so why does that even matter?

Exactly, which makes the eye of Agamotto an even more effective weapon.

quanchi112
So then Thor did have a limit when he performed all the feats mentioned, according to you.

You can't be gaining power while at the same time already have limitless power.

You're right, Doom doesn't have Thanos tech, but he isn't fighting Thor w/ the power gem, so why does that even matter? Thor had no limits. The force block worked at the time because of the power he had at the time. he was amping himself in the block the entire time.

I said he had no limits. That was stated in the comic.

I just stated that Thanos taking on thor with the power gem is in my mind more impressive than Doom in this thread. Strange couldn't beat him. big grin

nimbus006
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Dude, wtf.

He meant he can use Mjorlnir and GL ring like they're normal wielder.

This is what I meant to say.

In comic book reality, Doom would not be able to use or achieve a high level of mastery over most of these items because of the restrictions placed on them by higher beings. For example, only one worthy can pick up Mjolnir, The eye of Agamotto only answers to the one chosen by the Vishanti, and GL Ring is rendered inactive if used lethally, at least before Sinestro Corps War.

"Full access to" was meant to imply there are no such restrictions.

Thanks anyway though. big grin

Bouboumaster
And Thanos wins.

Here's the proof:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564

Whatever Doom use, nothing in his arsenal can compare to the power of a skyfather, Mjorlnir include.

Mindset
Thor had no limits. The force block worked at the time because of the power he had at the time. he was amping himself in the block the entire time.

I said he had no limits. That was stated in the comic.

I just stated that Thanos taking on thor with the power gem is in my mind more impressive than Doom in this thread. Strange couldn't beat him. big grin Ok, so he had no limits, but he did not have limitless power when he performed those feats.

I don't see how Thanos being beat on by Thor is that impressive, aside from his durability. Thor didn't have limitless power at that point.

Mindset
And Thanos wins.

Here's the proof:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564

Whatever Doom use, nothing in his arsenal can compare to the power of a skyfather, Mjorlnir include. Yep, because one casual blast from Odin > 2 GL rings and Mjolnir

nimbus006

I don't see how Thanos being beat on by Thor is that impressive, aside from his durability.

Same deal as his bout with Odin.

nimbus006
Yep, because one casual blast from Odin > 2 GL rings and Mjolnir

...and the eye.

nimbus006
I think Doom with these three items, and enough time would be one of the most powerful sub-skyfather beings in the Universe.

quanchi112
Ok, so he had no limits, but he did not have limitless power when he performed those feats.

I don't see how Thanos being beat on by Thor is that impressive, aside from his durability. Thor didn't have limitless power at that point. he had access to limitless power. At the level he was at he was much greater than the combined efforts of classic strange, the watch, and the surfer but he was still able to be beaten by the mighty Thanos.

Doom is nowhere close to Thanos nor would he be with these items.

Thor only caused his nose to bleed while Thanos was screwing around. Thor was crushing top tiers prior to this but he couldn't put a dent on Thanos. Thor crushed classic Strange. Doom is so overrated it's hilarious.

Thanos stomps.

quanchi112
Yep, because one casual blast from Odin > 2 GL rings and Mjolnir It only took one blast to defeat the Surfer. It didn't even phase Thanos. That's the point. Thanos has easily waved down/slash blocked Thor's hammer with his shield.

Silent Master
The point was that a casual blast was enough to KO the Surfer?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
The point was that a casual blast was enough to KO the Surfer? It wasn't a casual blast. To Thanos sure, but not a durable top tier such as the Surfer.

Bouboumaster
Yep, because one casual blast from Odin > 2 GL rings and Mjolnir

You doubt it?

Two pages after, Silver Surfer is one shotted.
On another occasion, Surfer blast the face of Thanos, without making any damage.

Silver Surfer is agarbly most powerful that any GL wielder barring Hal who would be almost a split.

I doubt the power of the three weapons stack. So it would be Thanos against Thor and one or two gl. Seeing how Warrior Madness with PG Thor ass rape Surfer, Strange and the rest, and how Thanos dispatched him with a mere force block, after statlemating, I can't see Thanos loose there. In my opinion, he could just encase him in a force block, or blast the **** out of Doom.

If the GL rings can stack up, it would be more of a challenge, but as for now, Thanos win.

Mindset
. . .

I might post back later if I get bored.

xJLxKing
You doubt it?

Two pages after, Silver Surfer is one shotted.
On another occasion, Surfer blast the face of Thanos, without making any damage.

Silver Surfer is agarbly most powerful that any GL wielder barring Hal who would be almost a split.

I doubt the power of the three weapons stack. So it would be Thanos against Thor and one or two gl. Seeing how Warrior Madness with PG Thor ass rape Surfer, Strange and the rest, and how Thanos dispatched him with a mere force block, after statlemating, I can't see Thanos loose there. In my opinion, he could just encase him in a force block, or blast the **** out of Doom.

If the GL rings can stack up, it would be more of a challenge, but as for now, Thanos win.
Hal, John, Kyle, Ion, and Guy(maybe guy) can give SS a lot of trouble.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hal, John, Kyle, Ion, and Guy(maybe guy) can give SS a lot of trouble. They probably lose the majority though. The Surfer isn't anywhere close to Thanos or Odin.

leonheartmm
people do know that classic strange defeated death twice, the in betweener twice, stalemated the infinity gauntlett for a while, stalemated a non serious LT for a time among the defeat of beings like zom/cthon/zom etc.

quanchi112
people do know that classic strange defeated death twice, the in betweener twice, stalemated the infinity gauntlett for a while, stalemated a non serious LT for a time among the defeat of beings like zom/cthon/zom etc. What does classic Strange have to do with Doom in this thread?

leonheartmm
^i was referring to the statement that he was defeated by thanos when he had power greater than classic strange.

quanchi112
^i was referring to the statement that he was defeated by thanos when he had power greater than classic strange. Yes, which is true. Thor with the power gem was greater than classic Strange.

leonheartmm
^no he wasnt

quanchi112
^no he wasnt Thor defeated Strange. So, yes he was.

leonheartmm
^inconcistant showing. strange has defeated stronger beings than individual gem users.

quanchi112
^inconcistant showing. strange has defeated stronger beings than individual gem users. You can't rule out certain showings because he has higher ones. That is horrible debating. Thor with the power gem was above strange and a whole lot of help.

leonheartmm
and yet u wudnt say that said version of thor cud beat death or the inbetweener wud u?

quanchi112
and yet u wudnt say that said version of thor cud beat death or the inbetweener wud u? No, I would say he can beat strange. LOL.

leonheartmm
^which makes no sense since strange has beat the inbetweener. hence making it a high end feat which alone should not be considerd when judging character battles.

quanchi112
^which makes no sense since strange has beat the inbetweener. hence making it a high end feat which alone should not be considerd when judging character battles. yes, it makes perfect sense. Gladiator can give Thor one helluva throwdown, but Thor's high feats make it a no contest. You cannot ignore matchups in favor of higher showings. It's poor debating.

leonheartmm
^and you are doing exaclty THAT by saying that thor with power gem can beat strange.

quanchi112
^and you are doing exaclty THAT by saying that thor with power gem can beat strange. Except they actually fought and Thor won.

laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

leonheartmm
^and that still doesnt matter as it becomes PIS in context

quanchi112
^and that still doesnt matter as it becomes PIS in context No, it isn't. Thor with the power gem was greater than Strange. Ignoring certain feats makes you a poor debater to sell your case.

leonheartmm
^and giving that reply after everything makes you an idiot. mayb i shud start claiming now that black panther can defeat the surfer in hand to hand combat.

Bouboumaster
people do know that classic strange defeated death twice, the in betweener twice, stalemated the infinity gauntlett for a while, stalemated a non serious LT for a time among the defeat of beings like zom/cthon/zom etc.

Possibly, but so what?

Thor posses one of the greatest defense against magic in the Mjolnir. But the point is that we aren't talking about Strange, who was empowered by Vishantis, back in the days, but of Doom, who would get but raped by Thanos, because of more firepower.

Enyalus
I was waiting for someone to correct him, but no one has. So...why not?

C'mon KMC, do your jobs.

kgkg
Why bother? I didn't think even Long Pig used to wank strange that much.

Context is key

leonheartmm
im not wanking strange, im talking about high end feats since they seem to suddenly be the way to judge the average strength of characters according to quan.

kgkg
So because Strange has high end feats he shouldn't have lost to WM Thor with Power Gem? Strange losing wasn't PIS because it happens quite often.

Beside Thor tapped the Power gem to counter their attack back at them.(using the gem directly)

Where is the PIS in that?

nimbus006
Classic Strange is not in this fight.

WM Thor is not in this fight.

It's Doom with three very powerful items vs. Thanos.

Doom has 72 hrs to familiarize himself with said items.

I think we can agree there is enough power within them to defeat Thanos.

The question is, can he access the full potential of their power within the given amount of time?

And yes Leon, I'm allowing Doom to access as much power as he possibly can within the 72 hrs. big grin

Even then, 72 hrs, IMO, will not be enough to attain the maximum power of all three artifacts.

Bouboumaster
Classic Strange is not in this fight.

WM Thor is not in this fight.

It's Doom with three very powerful items vs. Thanos.

Doom has 72 hrs to familiarize himself with said items.

I think we can agree there is enough power within them to defeat Thanos.

The question is, can he access the full potential of their power within the given amount of time?

And yes Leon, I'm allowing Doom to access as much power as he possibly can within the 72 hrs. big grin

Even then, 72 hrs, IMO, will not be enough to attain the maximum power of all three artifacts.

No, I don't agree with the fact that he have enough power to take out Thanos

Doom would have the power of three herald lvler, but with less experience that the original wielder.

It would be like... two canon fodder GL and what... Erik Masterson against Thanos?

nimbus006
No, I don't agree with the fact that he have enough power to take out Thanos

Doom would have the power of three herald lvler, but with less experience that the original wielder.

It would be like... two canon fodder GL and what... Erik Masterson against Thanos?

I didn't say Doom would have enough power.

I said the three weapons have enough potential power to take out Thanos.

Obviously, your answer is no.

My answer is yes.

Doom has trained with Strange himself in the Mystic arts.

This will give him an advantage when training with the eye.

He has plenty of knowledge dealing with Mjolnir.

And comparing Doom to a Fodder GL is possibly the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

nimbus006
Doom with three days of training with Mjolnir, 2 GL Rings, and the Eye of Agamotto plus his own tech and armor is much more dangerous than two fodder GL's and Eric Thunderstrike Masterson.

quanchi112
Doom with three days of training with Mjolnir, 2 GL Rings, and the Eye of Agamotto plus his own tech and armor is much more dangerous than two fodder GL's and Eric Thunderstrike Masterson. It's still not enough to beat Thanos.

Bouboumaster

And comparing Doom to a Fodder GL is possibly the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

You didn't heard our prime minister talking, in that case!

I understand your standing. What I meant was that with only three days of training, I don't see even Doctor Doom achieving the potential of Hal Jordan, or any of the big 5 or 6 Green Lantern, who are only herald lvler.

Thanos is in the Skyfather field. Thanos with these items would become a Team Buster for sure, but he wouldn't be nowhere near the power of someone like Odin, or of someone of equal power or just below.

Lord Feron
Doom FTW

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Doom FTW How?

nimbus006
You didn't heard our prime minister talking, in that case!

I understand your standing. What I meant was that with only three days of training, I don't see even Doctor Doom achieving the potential of Hal Jordan, or any of the big 5 or 6 Green Lantern, who are only herald lvler.

That's the beauty of such a debate. We each have our own opinions and arguments, but we'll never really know who's right because this particular situation will probably never arise in a comic book. big grin

All we can do is state our opinions based on character showings, and leave the rest to the imagination. big grin

nimbus006
How?

Doom has trained with Dr. Strange himself in the Mystic Arts which gives him a big advantage when handling the Eye of Agamotto.

He also has plenty of experience facing Mjolnir, and knows most if not all of it's capabilities.

The only item he has no knowledge of is the GL Ring. However, due do the nature of it's power, I don't forsee Doom having a hard time figuring out what it can do. It's based on will power and creativity. Doom is the one of the most inventive minds in the Universe, and the man never surrenders so we know his will is strong. Hence, Doom should do just fine with a GL Ring.

Additionally, he has his own standard tech and armor to enhance the power of all three items.

Obviously, none of that is not going to change your mind regarding who wins. There are very few characters who you believe to be Thanos's superior. That's ok, you have your opinion, and I can only give you mine.

quanchi112
Doom has trained with Dr. Strange himself in the Mystic Arts which gives him a big advantage when handling the Eye of Agamotto.

He also has plenty of experience facing Mjolnir, and knows most if not all of it's capabilities.

The only item he has no knowledge of is the GL Ring. However, due do the nature of it's power, I don't forsee Doom having a hard time figuring out what it can do. It's based on will power and creativity. Doom is the one of the most inventive minds in the Universe, and the man never surrenders so we know his will is strong. Hence, Doom should do just fine with a GL Ring.

Additionally, he has his own standard tech and armor to enhance the power of all three items.

Obviously, none of that is not going to change your mind regarding who wins. There are very few characters who you believe to be Thanos's superior. That's ok, you have your opinion, and I can only give you mine. Nonce of this makes him anywhere near as powerful as power gem thor or Odin. Neither of them put Thanos down.

You know where I am going with this, let's just agree to disagree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.