Jack Torrance(The Shining) vs. Patrick Bateman(American Psycho)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
-Both are in psycho mode and are wielding an axe.

-Battle takes place at The Overlook Hotel. Both are locked in and run into each other in the ball room. It's time to dance. Who takes this?

six6six
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/srewolf87/The-shining-jack-in-maze.jpg

vs.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/disco_biskuit/patrickbateman.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Torrance takes it.
He has help from spooks. (Who let him out of freezers, and advise him on various matters etc)
And he has psychic nuts, as evidenced by the spawning of little Danny "redruM" Torrance.

It is suggested that Torrance may have murdered people in other timeframes at the hotel also, judging by that photo at the end.

omgchos
I took the photo as symbolism for him now being trapped, as a ghost, in the hotel. But that's also a good idea. But since bateman only thought he was killing people, i give it to Torrance.

Sadako of Girth
I agree, its played out very ambigously.

Maybe its a little of both.....

jaden101
I'd give it to Bateman. He's physically more powerful given that one of his obsessive compulsive behaviours is going to the gym....along with the precise details of gadgets he uses and Huey Lewis and the news.

The book is also the single most outstandingly gory piece of entertainment ever in the history of everness and so he gets extra points just for that even though it's against the rules...that's how bad ass the book is.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by jaden101
I'd give it to Bateman. He's physically more powerful given that one of his obsessive compulsive behaviours is going to the gym....along with the precise details of gadgets he uses and Huey Lewis and the news.

The book is also the single most outstandingly gory piece of entertainment ever in the history of everness and so he gets extra points just for that even though it's against the rules...that's how bad ass the book is.

Yeah, i agree with that. Although, in the movie, Bateman didn't actually kill anyone did he? I'd still say he takes this fight because ol Jack was just a nutty alcoholic. Doesn't Bateman do something like a 100 push ups each morning?

Unless they're fighting in the Hotel, i pick Bateman. If they're in the Hotel then i'm fairly certain that Bateman gets killed.

Sadako of Girth
I agree.

The Hotel is definitely the seat of Torrances' powers.

jaden101
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i agree with that. Although, in the movie, Bateman didn't actually kill anyone did he? /B]

Tell that to Paul Allen. One of the funniest killing scenes in film

POl3eD6IJ7A

IT'S HIP TO BE SQUARE...DOO DOO DOODOO...

omgchos
Originally posted by jaden101
Tell that to Paul Allen. One of the funniest killing scenes in film

POl3eD6IJ7A

IT'S HIP TO BE SQUARE...DOO DOO DOODOO...
He still only imagined he was doing it tho.

jaden101
Originally posted by omgchos
He still only imagined he was doing it tho.

Actually the ending is ambiguous because they all regularly misidentify each other throughout the film (and to an even larger extent in the book). So you don't know whether Bateman killed the wrong guy or whether the guy who says it's impossible that Bateman killed Allen because he saw Allen later on actually saw someone else.

You can also apply that argument to lots of movies in the vs forum though. You can argue that most of the people in the matrix have no powers cause they only do it in a virtual reality and not in "real" life.

Menetnashté
Well I don't see Jack winning. I mean the guy got taken out by an obnoxiously loud, crying woman and he ended up dead because he couldn't catch a little kid. Only person he managed to kill was a middle aged guy who stood out in the middle of a hall yelling and completely oblivious.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i agree with that. Although, in the movie, Bateman didn't actually kill anyone did he? I'd still say he takes this fight because ol Jack was just a nutty alcoholic. Doesn't Bateman do something like a 100 push ups each morning?

Unless they're fighting in the Hotel, i pick Bateman. If they're in the Hotel then i'm fairly certain that Bateman gets killed.

Mind you, pressups dont make you axe resistant in a surprise attack..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.