The Street level Super Hero Checklist Awards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
Thought id go for somthing newish, don't hate me!

Street level or there about!

Your vote for Who in comicdom takes these awards for there super/anti-hero prowess.

1.The "Can't touch this" award for Dodging and Deflection. Whether bullets, melee, thrown projectiles or energy weapons. Your winner should be someone who has demonstrated this to the highest degree, and if you can't decide on anyone specific, then the winner should be the one who did it with the most style.

2. The "You'll never take me alive" award for Fighting on in the face of almost certain Failure. Your winner here should be someone who took the punishment any lesser hero would have failed to take. Some one who persevered to turn the tide of an almost impposible situation.

3. The prestigeous "Cover me, i'm going in" award for Killing/Dis-abling EPIC amounts of cannon fodder. The one man Army moments of bad-assness, the last moments of 50 agents who thought "it's only one guy!!!" and then were left picking up teeth or worse. Comicdoms answer to Johnny Rambo!

4. And finally The "GET TO DA CHOPPAAH" award for Most impressive escape. Stripped, chained and bolted to a wall in an underground basement with no hope of rescue, the only option, some luck, some skill and all out escapse. Your winner here should be..well, you know the rest by now.

4 catagories, which street level hero/anti-hero takes the award in each. (feel free to add a runner-up).

Phantom Zone
1. Dardevil
2. Wolverine
3. Wolverine.
4. Captain America he has a really impressive escape feat against Skrull handcuffs. Wolverine might have better in general but IMO that feat mentioned is tops.

Juk3n
up

golem370
Spider-Man street-level?

Juk3n
id allow it here because other streets have feats comparable to him

The Nuul
"street level" that means Batman and DD level only and not Caps or Wolverines.

The Nuul
1. DD
2. Frank
3. Frank
4. Frank

Juk3n
Originally posted by Juk3n

Wolverine
Cap
DD
Batman
Taskmaster
Punisher
Gambit
etc...not strictly sticking to the KMC classification here, they all have feats comparable to eachother, so for the purpose of this thread - my thread -...

you get the point im sure.

Battlehammer
Wolverine
Cap
DD
Batman
Taskmaster
Punisher
Gambit
etc...no strictly sticking to the KMC classification, they all have feats comparable to eachother, so for the purpose of this thread - my thread -...you get the point im sure.
so I am assuming spiderman is consider street level as well.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Battlehammer
so I am assuming spiderman is consider street level as well. yes since theres no stength catagory to put him waay above anyone else, like i said before, he has comparable feats to a lot of streets

Battlehammer
yes since theres no stength catagory to put him waay above anyone else, like i said before, he has comparable feats to a lot of streets
even adding in strength he would not be above some one who has damage soak able to withstand being turned into a skeleton.

actually how is Logan allowed for this thread.

Juk3n
even adding in strength he would not be above some one who has damage soak able to withstand being turned into a skeleton.

actually how is Logan allowed for this thread.

because there's no catagory for damage soak, and the catagories that are there, allow for comparable feats from many mid/high streets and low metas, for example Batman may have some comparable dodging feats to Wolverine, even though wolverine is meta, and so on. Maybe thats one example of why some one might give Batman the "you'll never take me alive award " over Logan, because some may see it as more impressive for Batman - having no powers and such.

Battlehammer
Spiderman
Wolverine
Wolverine by far, way far.
Wolverine he done so numerous times and in many different ways.

nimbus006
1. Daredevil

2. Wolverine

3. Captain America

4. Batman

Battlehammer
how does DD beat spiderman?

also how does capt beat out wolverine a man who has killed hundreds if not thousands in single confirmations and who has killed more hand ninja then both the number two and three combind.

what has batman done?

Juk3n

also how does capt beat out wolverine a man who has killed hundreds if not thousands in single confirmations and who has killed more hand ninja then both the number two and three combind.

what has batman done?

they are not vs eachother here, if you see 10 gunmen aiming at Spider-man, and 10 gunmen aiming at Daredevil and they bothe dodge all shots, who's display would be more impressive? id go for DD personally, because he has not the SUPER human agility Spider-man does, but he still accomplished the same feat see? Try not to think of this as a strict vs thread. Another example might be, Cap and Wolverine up against say 20 Agents of whatever each. we all know Wolverine gonna have an easy time because of the HF, so it might look a little more impressive feat for Cap, see what i mean?

Battlehammer
they are not vs eachother here, if you see 10 gunmen aiming at Spider-man, and 10 gunmen aiming at Daredevil and they bothe dodge all shots, who's display would be more impressive? id go for DD personally, because he has not the SUPER human agility Spider-man does, but he still accomplished the same feat see? Try not to think of this as a strict vs thread.
DD has radar senses he can see all his targets no matter if he surrounded or not. Spiderman is force to react from a buzz in his head, many times not even knowing were the attack may be coming from or what it is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Non Metahuman Street Level List:

1) Nightwing
2) The second one's a tough one. I have it between Batman, Captain America, and Punisher.
3) The Punisher/Batman/Nightwing
4) Batman

Metahuman Included List:

1) Spider-Man
2) Wolverine
3) Wolverine/Batman/Punisher
4) Batman

nimbus006

what has batman done?

Because he's blind.

It's more impressive to me.

Because Cap doesn't have a healing factor and Adamantium claws.

Because Bats has no physical enhancements whatsoever.

IT'S MORE IMPRESSIVE TO ME!!!!! stick out tongue

The Nuul
Wolverine
Cap
DD
Batman
Taskmaster
Punisher
Gambit
etc...not strictly sticking to the KMC classification here, they all have feats comparable to eachother, so for the purpose of this thread - my thread -...

you get the point im sure.

I aint talking the tier list, Cap, Parker, Logan etc.... are all above peak human.

The Nuul
Originally posted by nimbus006
Because he's blind.

Because Cap doesn't have a healing factor and Adamantium claws.

Because Bats has no physical enhancements whatsoever.

IT'S MORE IMPRESSIVE TO ME!!!!! stick out tongue

Cap has a small HF in a way.

Juk3n
remember guys this isn't a "who can dodge the best on kmc due to powersets" this is about specific scenerios that might have occured on panel that make you say, hmm, that was a very impressive feat and such. Spider-man (due to powersets) can most likely dodge the best, but someone of lesser power and no pre-cog may have accomplished the similar feat and so would also be considered for the honour.

Juk3n
Originally posted by The Nuul
I aint talking the tier list, Cap, Parker, Logan etc.... are all above peak human.

no doubt, im just saying that because they have comparable feats with the high streets, i'll allow them here. That doesn't mean they'll win all catagories, for reasons stated above.

The Nuul
Edit.

The Nuul
Metas

1) Spider-Man
2) Wolverine
3) Wolverine
4) Cap

nimbus006
Originally posted by The Nuul
Cap has a small HF in a way.

Shhhhh!!!... you're ruining my argument. stick out tongue

Battlehammer
Logan has gone through hundreds of hand ninjas with out taking a hit. He also had a bunch of hydra agents thinking he was capt, and he was simply using a garbage can

nimbus006
Logan has gone through hundreds of hand ninjas with out taking a hit. He also had a bunch of hydra agents thinking he was capt, and he was simply using a garbage can

You're right Battle.

Wolverine gets all the awards. big grin

rotiart
No. Cap wins all. Peak human.
For his stats he took a punch to the face from iron man...

Wolverines stats are bigger so for him to get the same respect he needs to do more... Cutting thanos for example.

I think the point is to say... You the hero are so outpowered yet you still fought on... Wolverines stats say he isn't outpowered by many of the guys he fights while say cap, frank or batman would be....

Spiderman taking down hulkby dropping a building on him while cool is not outside the normal realm of villains he ights

Mindset
What?

Enyalus
1. The "Can't touch this" award for Dodging and Deflection - The Gorgon.

2. The "You'll never take me alive" award for Fighting on in the face of almost certain Failure - Nemesis.

3. The "Cover me, i'm going in" award for Killing/Disabling EPIC amounts of cannon fodder - Midnighter.

4. The "GET TO DA CHOPPAAH" award for Most impressive escape - Wolverine.

Badabing
Moved

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Enyalus
1. The "Can't touch this" award for Dodging and Deflection - The Gorgon.

2. The "You'll never take me alive" award for Fighting on in the face of almost certain Failure - Nemesis.

3. The "Cover me, i'm going in" award for Killing/Disabling EPIC amounts of cannon fodder - Midnighter.

4. The "GET TO DA CHOPPAAH" award for Most impressive escape - Wolverine.

None of whom are street levelers : D

Juk3n
Originally posted by Badabing
Moved
ty & my bad

willRules
Thought id go for somthing newish, don't hate me!

Your vote for Who in comicdom takes these awards for there super/anti-hero prowess.

1.The "Can't touch this" award for Dodging and Deflection. Whether bullets, melee, thrown projectiles or energy weapons. Your winner should be someone who has demonstrated this to the highest degree, and if you can't decide on anyone specific, then the winner should be the one who did it with the most style.

2. The "You'll never take me alive" award for Fighting on in the face of almost certain Failure. Your winner here should be someone who took the punishment any lesser hero would have failed to take. Some one who persevered to turn the tide of an almost impposible situation.

3. The prestigeous "Cover me, i'm going in" award for Killing/Dis-abling EPIC amounts of cannon fodder. The one man Army moments of bad-assness, the last moments of 50 agents who thought "it's only one guy!!!" and then were left picking up teeth or worse. Comicdoms answer to Johnny Rambo!

4. And finally The "GET TO DA CHOPPAAH" award for Most impressive escape. Stripped, chained and bolted to a wall in an underground basement with no hope of rescue, the only option, some luck, some skill and all out escapse. Your winner here should be..well, you know the rest by now.

4 catagories, which street level hero/anti-hero takes the award in each. (feel free to add a runner-up).

My votes are not necessarily who did this to the greatest degree, but some that I considered to be just really cool. After all what's the point of having such specific titles to award if not for cool comic scenarios.....

1. Captain America- Civil War #1. When Cap destroys a load of Cape-Killers on the Helicarrier, dodges numerous tranqs, machine gun fire, leaps through a window and prevents himself from being splattered thousands of feet below by surfing a fighter jet, he really bought the badass, can't touch this vibe. This is further enhanced by the opening of Civil War #2 When Maria Hill says something like "He's arrested this no. of Super-humans in this many hours. We're facing our nightmare scenario. He's not alone." So cool.

2. Beast (sorry if he doesn't count as street level, but hey, if Spidey's allowed) in Astonishing X-men #12. Carrying Xavier away from the main fight, they are confronted by the danger room robot that had just easily defeated the Astonishing Team, Beast included. Beast verbally and physically trounced her, whilst dropping Xavier in one motion. Awesome.

3. Yorick Brown- Y: THe Last Man #59. Yorick is surrounded by the Israeli troops in his Parisian Hotel. His lover, Best friend and badass bodyguard lies dead. The murderer enters the building, ready to take down the Last Man. Yorick decides not to go quietly into the night an donning Agent 355's truncheon, he takes down the leader of one of the most heavily trained armies on the planet.

4. Batman in Superman and Batman #5. In the storyline that introduced us to the latest incarnation of Supergirl, Batman and Superman were on a rescue mission to save a possessed Supergirl from Darkseid. It comes down to Batman, stuck on Apokalips, squaring of against Darkseid. Batman would be lucky to escape with a head. However, thanks to using his most powerful weapon, his head, Batman beats Darkseid through blackmail. Batman protects himself (mostly) from Darkseid's pummeling with some Apokoliptian armour and threatens to detonate Darkseid's own hellspores, essentially volcanic like bombs, unless Darkseid frees Supergirl. Broken, Batman is victorious.

Juk3n
^ the thread has it's first proper response, and now my work is complete stick out tongue

willRules
Thanks big grin

Bentley
To the third I recall Drax the Destroyer making his way from a doomed planet and stomping pretty much everything in the Annihilation wave by himself until he steals a ship, crashes it against another one where Thanos is hiding, punches out Moondragon and kills the titan. Seriously look at the respect thread, that goes for about half the issue and the guy did it with two knives.

Digi
Seems like "Street" needs to be clarified for some. We do have a tiers thread for this kind of thing....

whistle

Battlehammer
creator said to have spiderman and wolverine be put into the mix

Digi
creator said to have spiderman and wolverine be put into the mix

Well then it's not street. Nor is it stated in the opening post, making it difficult to tell what the thread's true parameters are. Most seem to differentiate between low meta and street anyway if they include the former, though I've seen a few mid metas thrown in as well, which is stretching any definition of street we might have.

Original Smurph
Wolverine
Cap
DD
Batman
Taskmaster
Punisher
Gambit

you get the point im sure. It's pretty close to the top of the first page. srug

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Digi
Well then it's not street. Nor is it stated in the opening post, making it difficult to tell what the thread's true parameters are. Most seem to differentiate between low meta and street anyway if they include the former, though I've seen a few mid metas thrown in as well, which is stretching any definition of street we might have.
I never said they were street level. I was just telling you what the thread creator wrote.

Bentley
Seems like "Street" needs to be clarified for some. We do have a tiers thread for this kind of thing....

whistle

Name one feat that makes current Drax above street level biscuits

Juk3n

Wolverine and spider-man were specific cases , there is no allout strength catagory that would give Spider-man a clear edge, the catagories ive chosen allow for a bit of play. NO, Wolverine isn't street, but some might say - the catagories involved give him no clear win, there is no healing factor catagory. Gambit isn't street, but there is no kinetic charging catagory, but he's got a hella good dodge feat that is COMPARABLE to say tat of batmans high end dodge feats. Sorry i didnt make that absolutley clear, i thought..

"street or there about" would be enough rather than including the paragraph above in the opening post. My bad, i guess.

Digi
I just can't determine what you mean by "there about," even with a few examples. It leaves too much room open for interpretation, and is too vague to act as any sort of guideline, as is evidenced by everyone from Nightwing to Gorgon and Spider-Man being treated in the same category.

I never intended to rain on this thread's parade, btw. I was just looking for specific clarification on what I thought was too vague a premise.

Originally posted by Bentley
Name one feat that makes current Drax above street level biscuits

What? Lawl and such, but what does this have to do with anything? I don't make the tiers list, I just facilitate changes.

nimbus006
Juk, just list a pool of characters for people to choose from.

It'll make things much easier for everyone.

willRules

whistle

OI!!! MOD!!!! Who cares? stick out tongue

Please don't ban me embarrasment

It's clear the purpose of the thread was not to make a heavy distinction between street levels (we already have many threads on that) it's so we can talk about the cool scenarios the characters have been in. yes

And I'd like to see your votes with reasons yes

willRules
Guys, I just stood up to Digi....he's a mod and everything!!!!!!

My bravery knows no bounds, but a little bit of wee just came out.....

Juk3n
Originally posted by willRules
OI!!! MOD!!!! Who cares? stick out tongue

Please don't ban me embarrasment

It's clear the purpose of the thread was not to make a heavy distinction between street levels (we already have many threads on that) it's so we can talk about the cool scenarios the characters have been in. yes

And I'd like to see your votes with reasons yes

every so often, you see a forum poster who just..gets it.

It's a rare thing.

and your sigs are awsome.

Original Smurph
1. Lady Shiva

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_LadyShiva167.jpghttp://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_LadyShiva168.jpghttp://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_LadyShiva170.jpg

willRules
every so often, you see a forum poster who just..gets it.

It's a rare thing.

and your sigs are awsome.

You're too kind big grin

Originally posted by Original Smurph
1. Lady Shiva

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_LadyShiva167.jpghttp://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_LadyShiva168.jpghttp://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_LadyShiva170.jpg

Jim Lee's art is gorgeous yes

Bentley
What? Lawl and such, but what does this have to do with anything? I don't make the tiers list, I just facilitate changes.

biscuits

tjcoady
Originally posted by willRules
My votes are not necessarily who did this to the greatest degree, but some that I considered to be just really cool. After all what's the point of having such specific titles to award if not for cool comic scenarios.....

1. Captain America- Civil War #1. When Cap destroys a load of Cape-Killers on the Helicarrier, dodges numerous tranqs, machine gun fire, leaps through a window and prevents himself from being splattered thousands of feet below by surfing a fighter jet, he really bought the badass, can't touch this vibe. This is further enhanced by the opening of Civil War #2 When Maria Hill says something like "He's arrested this no. of Super-humans in this many hours. We're facing our nightmare scenario. He's not alone." So cool.

2. Beast (sorry if he doesn't count as street level, but hey, if Spidey's allowed) in Astonishing X-men #12. Carrying Xavier away from the main fight, they are confronted by the danger room robot that had just easily defeated the Astonishing Team, Beast included. Beast verbally and physically trounced her, whilst dropping Xavier in one motion. Awesome.

3. Yorick Brown- Y: THe Last Man #59. Yorick is surrounded by the Israeli troops in his Parisian Hotel. His lover, Best friend and badass bodyguard lies dead. The murderer enters the building, ready to take down the Last Man. Yorick decides not to go quietly into the night an donning Agent 355's truncheon, he takes down the leader of one of the most heavily trained armies on the planet.

4. Batman in Superman and Batman #5. In the storyline that introduced us to the latest incarnation of Supergirl, Batman and Superman were on a rescue mission to save a possessed Supergirl from Darkseid. It comes down to Batman, stuck on Apokalips, squaring of against Darkseid. Batman would be lucky to escape with a head. However, thanks to using his most powerful weapon, his head, Batman beats Darkseid through blackmail. Batman protects himself (mostly) from Darkseid's pummeling with some Apokoliptian armour and threatens to detonate Darkseid's own hellspores, essentially volcanic like bombs, unless Darkseid frees Supergirl. Broken, Batman is victorious.

Great list. I was reading this thread and like... man, everyone is totally missing the point.

WillRules, as always, wins.

tjcoady
I just can't determine what you mean by "there about," even with a few examples. It leaves too much room open for interpretation, and is too vague to act as any sort of guideline, as is evidenced by everyone from Nightwing to Gorgon and Spider-Man being treated in the same category.

I never intended to rain on this thread's parade, btw. I was just looking for specific clarification on what I thought was too vague a premise.

The way I was looking at was more along the lines of of what they don't have, like energy projection, telepathy, high level super strength, rather than what they do have, like mild strength, durability, or a healing factor.

It seems to me that this is kind of "Spiderman and below."

Wild Shadow
for pure meta award. i give it to"

1. spidey/ wovey even money.
2.wolvester
3.wolvester
4.wolvester

human.

1. daredevil
2. daredevil
3. punisher
4. batman

Darth Martin
1.Daredevil; no explanation needed.
2.Captain America; Civil War #3: tried to engage Iron Man in H2H when he had no chance, after he'd been speedblitzed. Iron Man then proceeded to destroy everyone with sonics and Cap continued to get up while everyone else was pretty much paralyzed and out of it.
3.Captain America; This is the reason why he was created. He made a short career of this during WW2 and continued to do it against HYDRA
4.Captain America; Civil War #1: thrashed dozens of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents only to escape unharmed, commandeer a fighter jet, land the plane in perfect condition, and take the pilot for hamburger and fries. no expression

Gotta love the street-levelers. KMC tends to shown ALOT more interest and respect to the worldbreakers, heralds, and planet busters. Those guy, to me, aren't interesting at all. It's guys like Batman, Cap, Daredevil, etc. that keep me interested.

marwash22
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
for pure meta award. i give it to"

1. spidey/ wovey even money.
2.wolvester
3.wolvester
4.wolvester

human.

1. daredevil
2. daredevil
3. punisher
4. batman Daredevil is human in name only.

dmills
1) Iron Fist- The man has ducked, dodged and yes, CAUGHT more bullets then anyone.

2) I'll give the edge to Frank Castle over Logan for obvious reasons.

3) Wolverine - see enemy of the state.

Logan

Konton
Three goes to the Wolverine/Elektra team-up for sheer epic awesomeness.

Four goes to Elektra. Drugged and tied up to machines, she escaped full body imprisonment with her TOOTH, a metal pole, and the sweat of her brow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.