Most Knowledgable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who is the most knowledgeable /intelligent person in comics.

In these fields

Science
Genetics
Magic
Technology
Strategy
Preparation
History

Split it into DC/MARVEL.

Feel free to add any more fields of expertise i missed.

And who has the greatest all round Knowledge of above fields.

Mindset
What do you mean by science?

Anyway, Doom with Kyle being a close second.

illadelph12
I'd say Darkseid for DC and High Evolutionary for Marvel, personally.

Doom, while the sexy popular pick, just steals powers and tries to rule the Earth.

High Evolutionary made himself a living "God", and created a second Earth, all on his own brainpower.

Advantage High Evolutionary.

Mindset
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd say Darkseid for DC and High Evolutionary for Marvel, personally.

Doom, while the sexy popular pick, just steals powers and tries to rule the Earth.

High Evolutionary made himself a living "God", and created a second Earth, all on his own brainpower.

Advantage High Evolutionary. And how is Doom able to steal powers?

That only happened in two stories, anyway.

Enyalus
Metron for DC.

HE is a decent choice for Marvel.

ExodusCloak
Doom should win this because he's not ashamed to look up wikipedia from time to time...instead of a culinary book/magazine.

Mindset
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Doom should win this because he's not ashamed to look up wikipedia from time to time...instead of a culinary book/magazine. thumb up

A little sidenote, Kyle wrote that wikipedia entry.

nimbus006
Genetics can be clasified under science, and science can be broken down into several fields. Here are a few:

General Fields of Science:

Physics
Astronomy
Engineering
Chemistry
Biology
Geology

Some fields can even be combined such as Astro-Physics and Bio-Chemistry.

These fields can be broken down much further, but there is so many that I really don't have the time.

I made a thread similar to this a while back.

Here's the link:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=485334

skyfather
Marvel

Thanos,High Evo,Apocalypse,Doom...all are good in them fields

DC dont really have anybody good enough for all them fields.

Badabing
Moved

Symmetric Chaos
DC: Metron
Marvel: Thanos or HighE

willRules
Does TOAA count?

tjcoady
Omniscient Mar-Vell from "Earth X"

-K-M-
Originally posted by skyfather
Marvel

Thanos,High Evo,Apocalypse,Doom...all are good in them fields

and Master of the World, one of the most underated masterminds.

chomperx9
braniac

Galan007
Doom/Darkseid.

TricksterPriest
Doom/Kang and Darkseid. Metron is a very close 2nd to DS.

Naija boy
Anything in regards to science goes to Reed Richards

kgkg
Originally posted by Naija boy
Anything in regards to science goes to Reed Richards thumb up

manjaro
Alpha the ultimate mutant...:checkmate.....set.....match

chomperx9
but when it comes to health care whose the most knowledgeable ?

HueyFreeman
Dont forget Black Panther and his "I cured cancer but will never reveal it to anyone outside Wakanda".

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Dont forget Black Panther and his "I cured cancer but will never reveal it to anyone outside Wakanda".

That's not all that impressive when your up against people like Reed who can build anti-Galactus mecha or Metron who made an ice sculpture that cures insanity.

nimbus006
Marvel:

Top 5 in each category

Disregarding anyone above above sub skyfather that maybe omniscient.

This from my knowledge

Mathematics

Thanos, Reed, Doom, High Evolutionary, and Stark.

Physics

Thanos, Doom, Reed, Kang, and Bruce Banner. (Octavius)

Engineering

Kang, Thanos, Stark, Doom, and Reed

Technology

Thanos, Kang, High Evolutionary, Doom and Reed (Stark & T'challa)

Genetics

High Evolutionary, Essex, Charles Xavier, Hank McCoy, Apoc, (The Master, K-M)

Biology

Hank Pym, High Evo, Bruce Banner, Hank McCoy, and Essex

Magic

Strange, Loki, Talisman, Baron Mordo, and Wanda

Strategist

Thanos, Adam Warlock, Kang, Doom, and Dr. Strange

Prep

Thanos, Doom, Reed, Kang, and Adam Warlock/Strange

Nihilist
Originally posted by nimbus006
Marvel:

Top 5 in each category

Disregarding anyone above above sub skyfather that maybe omniscient.

This from my knowledge

Mathematics

Thanos, Reed, Doom, High Evolutionary, and Stark.

Physics

Thanos, Doom, Reed, Kang, and Bruce Banner. (Octavius)

Engineering

Kang, Thanos, Stark, Doom, and Reed

Technology

Thanos, Kang, High Evolutionary, Doom and Reed (Stark & T'challa)

Genetics

High Evolutionary, Essex, Charles Xavier, Hank McCoy, Apoc, (The Master, K-M)

Biology

Hank Pym, High Evo, Bruce Banner, Hank McCoy, and Essex

Magic

Strange, Loki, Talisman, Baron Mordo, and Wanda

Strategist

Thanos, Adam Warlock, Kang, Doom, and Dr. Strange

Prep

Thanos, Doom, Reed, Kang, and Adam Warlock/Strange I would have put Thanos in the genetics field, after all he did use Galactus's DNA spliced together with his own to create a Omega.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Nihilist
I would have put Thanos in the genetics field, after all he did use Galactus's DNA spliced together with his own to create a Omega.

Dude, the guy is first in five, and Top two in six of the other categories. big grin

I wanted to point out some other geniuses as well.

Kris Blaze
Might as well rack up Galactus in every category : D

Digi
I've seen Doctor Who pop up in the vs. forum a few times, but I'm not sure if we include him in "comics" or not despite a few different comic series. If we do, he spanks pretty much everyone mentioned in this thread in all categories except for Magic.

"Science" is not a quantifiable field of knowledge, btw. It simply encompasses many fields which are more easily measured, a few of which are listed again in the thread's first post, making the science category also a bit redundant.

-K-M-
FYI Master's tech > Kang's... that was shown

The Nuul
Forge should be in Technology.

nimbus006
Dr. Manhattan would probably be top 5 in the physics category.

Perhaps some other categories as well.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Digi
I've seen Doctor Who pop up in the vs. forum a few times, but I'm not sure if we include him in "comics" or not despite a few different comic series. If we do, he spanks pretty much everyone mentioned in this thread in all categories except for Magic.

"Science" is not a quantifiable field of knowledge, btw. It simply encompasses many fields which are more easily measured, a few of which are listed again in the thread's first post, making the science category also a bit redundant.

Agreed on all counts. The Doctor is one of the few guys BANNED by unofficial consent on the forum. He's too powerful. He can outprep both DC&Marvel combined. no expression He's just that damn good.........

Dr Manhatten should not count. If only because there are people with better feats and who are argurably smarter. Hell, Ozymandias can qualify more than Dr. Manhattten.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Agreed on all counts. The Doctor is one of the few guys BANNED by unofficial consent on the forum. He's too powerful. He can outprep both DC&Marvel combined. no expression He's just that damn good......... Life through the eyes of Trick...

chomperx9
i thought braniac would me the smartest since hes a living computer he can hold more data than any mutant or human being.

Enyalus
Agreed on all counts. The Doctor is one of the few guys BANNED by unofficial consent on the forum. He's too powerful. He can outprep both DC&Marvel combined. no expression
erm Before being published by IDW, he was published by Marvel...thus, you know, making him a Marvel character.

Flash fact.

Bouboumaster
Thanos is first in every single categories named but Magic.

That goes to Strange

TricksterPriest
Spoken by people who don't watch the show. stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
Spoken by people who don't watch the show. stick out tongue

The show is lame....BBC need new shows.

Digi
Trick's actually got a point though. Don't assume that he's cannon fodder just because he's not widely read, or because you haven't seen the show. If you have, cool. If not, well, I read as many comics as anyone, and I'm telling you The Doctor whups the hell out of all but a couple people in this thread in every single category except Magic. Outprepping entire comic universes was embellishment on Trick's part, but I stand by my opinion. Remember that the rankings are of knowledge, not necessarily raw power. The Doctor only turns the former into the latter as needed, but he has as much or more knowledge than anyone with which to do that.

Didn't know he was published by Marvel for a while though. Still a different universe though, just same publisher. He's bounced around a lot, and has had several dedicated comic series. Not unlike He-Man, for another example.

Enyalus
I haven't watched the show or read the old Marvel comics, I have checked out his newer serieses (what?) by IDW though. They're a good read.

And Digi, you saying "Trick's actually got a point though" just lost you approximately 87.4 cool points on the awesome meter. erm

Digi
Originally posted by Enyalus
And Digi, you saying "Trick's actually got a point though" just lost you approximately 87.4 cool points on the awesome meter. erm

My allegiance is to the truth, friends. Occasionally it just comes from a more unlikely source than others. Besides, my awesome score is in the millions. I'll happily take an 87.4 hit to it.

wink

Seriously though, I'm not even an expert on Doctor Who, and I've seen dozens of feats that put him on level with anyone in mainstream comics in terms of knowledge. So yes, in a "Ready? Go!" scenario he loses to a fair number of even possibly meta-level people (if we assume peak for the screwdriver though, no one below, say, Iron Man could even hope to touch him through its forcefield generators). But his knowledge of technologies that shame all but the highest-end feats from others is formidable indeed.

A lot of times, ironically, it's some villain that creates something that the Doctor either changes, reverses, etc. that displays his knowledge, since he's not in the business of building doomsday weapons and such, but he knows the tech behind it perfectly. Like when he made an intellectual fool of a guy who had created a device that reversed aging and allowed for immortality by explaining it to him in about 2 sentences. And later in the episode, reworked the internal mechanics to reverse its affects, and chided himself for taking a full 30 seconds or so to accomplish it. Sh*t like that, except it happens every episode over the course of about 40 years of television, and also in his comic series.

Only Reed comes close in terms of frequent stories of "Lookie what I know and can build!" Everyone else, The Doctor's literally hundreds of feats ahead of the next closest competitor.

Anyway, yeah, it's a good read with the IDW stuff, though it helps to know the character beforehand or a reader could become quite lost.

chomperx9
what about DR Frankenstein ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chomperx9
what about DR Frankenstein ?

Victor Frankenstein didn't have a doctorate.

Galan007
Mind you I've only read the comics, but Doctor Who seems to be an excellent choice. The good Doctor reminds me of All-Star Superman in a way. he seems to overcome any threat/situation with the utmost of ease (via his extreme genius.) What's even more impressive (to me, at least) is that he usually does things 'on the fly'. That said, I couldn't even imagine what the guy could do with a little prep time.

So yeah, thumb up to him. Another noteworthy character might be Anarky.

Mindset
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Life through the eyes of Trick... laughing out loud

Just sit back and watch in amazement, it's all we can do.

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
That said, I couldn't even imagine what the guy could do with a little prep time.

Yeah, it's a shame he's such a pacifist sometimes. Though we received a small taste of it recently with The Master, The Doctor's evil Time Lord counterpart. He conquered Earth in a few days via mind control, while simultaneously bringing a planet-wrecking army of flying post-humans from the future to act as his minions. And that's just one example.

TricksterPriest
you cannot mention the master and The sound of drums (the episode he is refering to), and not mention his cannabalizing the Tardis into a Paradox Machine to create a stable time paradox. big grin

The paradox is because the toclafane (the future humans, inside small basketball sized cybernetic orbs holding their heads!) are the descendants of the people being slaughtered and thus killing their own grandparents literally FOR THE LULZ. Hence, the paradox machine. fear

the doctor had a brilliant solution for this, but no spoilers from me. stick out tongue

And of course, there is always Davros...........runforhills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.