Harry Potter vs. Davy Jones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

retturnnerr
A FACEOFF!!! Harry Potter uses his wand to control things, while Davy Jones cannot be killed without his heart!

Rogue Jedi

retturnnerr
Come on, answer seriously.

Rogue Jedi
Jones.

XanatosForever
Harry immobilizes Jones and summons his heart, then uses the Killing Curse to end it for good.

Sadako of Girth
Does Jones get grenades?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
grenades? O.o

probably Jones.

weird question.

XanatosForever
Did Jones have grenades in the movie? I don't recall.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
no. its set around 1800s, I think - I don't think grenades were even invented back then. xD

Robtard
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
no. its set around 1800s, I think - I don't think grenades were even invented back then. xD

WRONG!

First recorded use of a grenade was in the 15th century, hollowed out iron balls filled with gunpowder, ignited by a simple fuse.

There's evidence of grenade-like weapons dating back even earlier, but they're not so 'grenadish' as the ones used in the 15th century.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Robtard
WRONG!

First recorded use of a grenade was in the 15th century, hollowed out iron balls filled with gunpowder, ignited by a simple fuse.

There's evidence of grenade-like weapons dating back even earlier, but they're not so 'grenadish' as the ones used in the 15th century.

really? wow. never knew that. interesting fact!

I don't remember Davey Jones using them, though.

Robtard
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
really? wow. never knew that. interesting fact!

I don't remember Davey Jones using them, though.

History Channel.

Yeah.

XanatosForever
Well, I've stated my scenario. Anyone care to challenge with one of their own? stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Well, I've stated my scenario. Anyone care to challenge with one of their own? stick out tongue

I see the freezing of Jones, just don't see how Potter is going to know about summoning his heart.

I think Jones wins this via 19th grenades up Potter's ass.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
History Channel.

Yeah.

yeah, my brother had just said so.

hm. Jones takes this just because he probably could stab through Harry's guts after a few spells. Unless Harry knows where the heart is kept, or has the key, or has watched AWE, he can do nothing.

Rogue Jedi
WRONG!

There's evidence of grenade-like weapons dating back even earlier, but they're not so 'grenadish' as the ones used in the 15th century. I forget, was Jones ever shown using a grenade?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I forget, was Jones ever shown using a grenade?

Not at all.

I arbitrarily decided to go with Sadako's question and just say Jones has access to old-school grenades, like the ones the fat greasy undead-pirate used in the first film.

But if you're going to cry about it, Jones shoves his claw-hand up Potter's ass instead; kills him that way.

XanatosForever
I actually see a way of Jones getting out of the freezing. He gets immobilized, then just melds with the ship until it wears off. Even if Harry trashes the Dutchman, it'll be back.

Rogue Jedi
Harry and Jones face off. Harry Acio's his firebolt, goes to the air, Accio's the heart chest, Alohomora's it, stabs the bleeding thing with his wand.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
then harry will become the next davy jones!

the question in this scenario is - does harry know where the heart is?

Sadako of Girth
Not at all.

I arbitrarily decided to go with Sadako's question and just say Jones has access to old-school grenades, like the ones the fat greasy undead-pirate used in the first film.

But if you're going to cry about it, Jones shoves his claw-hand up Potter's ass instead; kills him that way.

Yep that was grenade like enough for me...

You wouldnt want one going off on your ballbag. yes

Robtard
Harry and Jones face off. Harry Acio's his firebolt, goes to the air, Accio's the heart chest, Alohomora's it, stabs the bleeding thing with his wand.

Bless you?

Why would Jones be lugging around his heart, when he knows it's his weakness?

Sadako of Girth
So he can shield it when his grenades go off..?

Rogue Jedi
Bless you?

Why would Jones be lugging around his heart, when he knows it's his weakness? And why would Harry kill Jones knowing that he would take his place, as Jaeh pointed out?

Thread sucks.

Robtard
And why would Harry kill Jones knowing that he would take his place, as Jaeh pointed out?

Thread sucks.

Why would Harry know about the legal bindings of the curse?

It does suck balls, that we can agree one.

Harry loses here, he's a prepubescent boy with a wand vs a mutated fish-man who's immortal. Just a matter of time.

Personally, I go with a grenade up Harry's ass or the claw up it, if you're going to be a stickler about the former and the rules. Either way, Harry anally-dies, which is fitting for such a shitty character.

Rogue Jedi
Why would Harry know about the legal bindings of the curse?

It does suck balls, that we can agree one.

Harry loses here, he's a prepubescent boy with a wand vs a mutated fish-man who's immortal. Just a matter of time.

Personally, I go with a grenade up Harry's ass or the claw up it, if you're going to be a stickler about the former and the rules. Either way, Harry anally-dies, which is fitting for such a shitty character. Is Jones ever shown personally using a grenade? No. therefore he cant use one here. And how is Jones gonna catch Harry if Harry is airborne on his firebolt?

Sadako of Girth
Hell throw the grenade descretely down the back of Harry's hooded cape....sit back and crack open a can of stella and wait...

Rogue Jedi
No grenades.

Sadako of Girth
Prove he cant use them the equipment is there..

Rogue Jedi
Doesnt matter, he isnt shown using them.

Sadako of Girth
Well spiderman never trained with Jedi, but you never minded that thread...

Robtard
Is Jones ever shown personally using a grenade? No. therefore he cant use one here. And how is Jones gonna catch Harry if Harry is airborne on his firebolt?

Can Potter stay airborne forever? Don't think so, he's just a boy. So in time, given that Jones is immortal, he's going to shove his clawed hand up his ass and end it that way.

Jones can also summon the Kraken, that's one of his feats. Potter doesn't have a chance here, Jones does.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well spiderman never trained with Jedi, but you never minded that thread... OK, so on that note, I take it that I can use HP's feats from the books, yes?

And HP DID take on a dragon in Goblet of Fire.

Sadako of Girth
Good one with the Kracken. Totally forgot about that.

If the Kracken is summoned, will Jones be able to get in a few of those incapacitating claw2ass strikes...?

Cause Potter needs to die in pain.

Sadako of Girth
A dragon aint shit next to the Kracken.

Rogue Jedi
Can Potter stay airborne forever? Don't think so, he's just a boy. So in time, given that Jones is immortal, he's going to shove his clawed hand up his ass and end it that way.

Jones can also summon the Kraken, that's one of his feats. Potter doesn't have a chance here, Jones does. Be serious, Harry can stay airborne for as long as he likes. Well out of reach of Jones and the Kracken.

Robtard
Be serious, Harry can stay airborne for as long as he likes. Well out of reach of Jones and the Kracken.

He's going to get hungry and tired in time, he just a boy.

Rogue Jedi
He's going to get hungry and tired in time, he just a boy. And Obi Wan can no longer help him.......sound familiar?

Robtard
And Obi Wan can no longer help him.......sound familiar?

It doesn't.

If you have a valid way for Potter to defeat Jones (who's immortal), now is the time to post it.

Sadako of Girth
True that.

Also: Technically speaking the phrase was correct.

Obiwan cannot help him.

Rogue Jedi
It doesn't.

If you have a valid way for Potter to defeat Jones (who's immortal), now is the time to post it. I kinda already did. But you guys keep saying Jones can use grenades, when he is never shown using one.

Sadako of Girth
His ship has them..... with the Kracken as backup should they fail....

Robtard
I kinda already did. But you guys keep saying Jones can use grenades, when he is never shown using one.

I dropped the grenade up the ass scenario and went with the clawed-hand up the ass one.

So, just accept that Potter is going down in this one.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah! The clllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaww
wwwwwwww...!!!

Rogue Jedi
I dropped the grenade up the ass scenario and went with the clawed-hand up the ass one.

So, just accept that Potter is going down in this one. And again I retort with how is Jones gonna catch Harry when Harry is zooming around on his firebolt, far out of Jones and the Kracken's reach?

Sadako of Girth
What makes you think Harry'll be wanting to sit on that broomstick once the Claw of Jones has destroyed his colon...?

Rogue Jedi
Sure, cuz Harry will just bend over and allow that.

Sadako of Girth
He'd have no choice once the grenades have blown his arms and legs off.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh Right. Expelliarmus, foo.

Sadako of Girth
What the fu*k is THAT....? lolz

Rogue Jedi
Expelliarmus. Harry's spell for disarming an opponent. Whatever Jones chooses to employ as a weapon, Harry can take it away any time he wishes.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh. Will it stop a grenade going off or stop a hungry and maybe sexually frustrated Kracken from attacking/raping...?

Rogue Jedi
It'll take that grenade away from Jones before he can use it. And the firebolt will keep Harry well away from the Kracken.

Robtard
And again I retort with how is Jones gonna catch Harry when Harry is zooming around on his firebolt, far out of Jones and the Kracken's reach?

And again, I retort, can Harry stay away indefinitely, he's just a kid; he's going to tire from zipping about; casting his useless-on-Jones spells (see: immortal) and he's going to get hungry.

When that happens, he gets a clawed-hand up the ass.

Face it, Jones can defeat Potter, he has options. Potter can't defeat Jones, just temporarily avoid the claw up the chute.

Rogue Jedi
And again, I retort, can Harry stay away indefinitely, he's just a kid; he's going to tire from zipping about; casting his useless-on-Jones spells (see: immortal) and he's going to get hungry.

When that happens, he gets a clawed-hand up the ass.

Face it, Jones can defeat Potter, he has options. Potter can't defeat Jones, just temporarily avoid the claw up the chute. I already said...Harry zooms about on his firebolt, accio's the heart, stabs it.

So he becomes the next Jones, he wins.

Robtard
I already said...Harry zooms about on his firebolt, accio's the heart, stabs it.

So he becomes the next Jones, he wins.

And I already said, how does Harry know about the heart and why would Jones have it on him? It's be like Superman carrying around kryptonite just for the hell of it.

He becomes Jones' next hand-puppet, yes.

Sadako of Girth
And Kracken uses Potter as a willy warmer.

Nephthys
Harry stuns Jones, fly's him into orbit. Simple.

Stun, Firebolt and Levitation ftw.

Sadako of Girth
What if Kracken/Jones breaks Harry's little wand...?

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys
Harry stuns Jones, fly's him into orbit. Simple.

Stun, Firebolt and Levitation ftw.

When do we ever see Potter levitate something well beyond his line of sight? We don't.

I'd also question whether a stun would work on an immortal Jones who can take a sword through the gut and smile.

Nephthys
B-But, He's da Chozen One!!! His peni-wand is unbreakable!

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

And his book unstealable/burnable/otherwise indestructible..?

XanatosForever
When I played Devil's Advocate for Potter, I didn't think it would lead to this. XD

In any case, I'll respond for Jones this time:

In regards to Harry using his Firebolt to stay out of reach, he would have to make sure that stays clear of the entire ship. If he tries to hover anywhere near the vicinity of the Flying Dutchman Jones will be able to phase out and just blast him with a pistol, which Jones would most certainly have access to.

As far as dealing with the Kraken, each of those tentacles are much longer, and a lot more reactive, than the Hungarian's horned tail, and Harry got tagged by that (at least in the book. I'm not a fan of the movies so I didn't watch). When all those tentacles rear up at once, Harry's gonna have to do some majorly fancy flying if he doesn't want to get grabbed. Even one sucker on any part of him and he's going down.

Jones phases through the Dutchman behind Harry, clamps that massive claw on Harry's wand, and proceeds with the surprise buttsecks.

Sadako of Girth
Excellent work, Xanatos. smile

Take THAT, Potter....!

Rogue Jedi
When I played Devil's Advocate for Potter, I didn't think it would lead to this. XD

In any case, I'll respond for Jones this time:

In regards to Harry using his Firebolt to stay out of reach, he would have to make sure that stays clear of the entire ship. If he tries to hover anywhere near the vicinity of the Flying Dutchman Jones will be able to phase out and just blast him with a pistol, which Jones would most certainly have access to.

As far as dealing with the Kraken, each of those tentacles are much longer, and a lot more reactive, than the Hungarian's horned tail, and Harry got tagged by that (at least in the book. I'm not a fan of the movies so I didn't watch). When all those tentacles rear up at once, Harry's gonna have to do some majorly fancy flying if he doesn't want to get grabbed. Even one sucker on any part of him and he's going down.

Jones phases through the Dutchman behind Harry, clamps that massive claw on Harry's wand, and proceeds with the surprise buttsecks. And how long are those tentacles exactly? Are they long enough to reach in to the clouds? Cuz you do know that Harry can fly at least that high, and at speeds which the Kracken, slow as it is, will not be able to follow. AND far faster than Jones will be able to track and shoot. He isnt just gonna sit there and hover, you know. And Petrificus otallus will render the Kracken immobile, you know.

Stunning spells or the Cruciatus Curse, Engorgio, Tarantellegra, Wingardium leviosa, these will work on Jones. Whats Jones gonna do when Harry waves his wand and says Petrificus Totallus? Cant fight if you cant move.

Robtard
RJ,

1) I find it 'shit in my shorts' scary how you know all the names of those HP spells/nonsense.

2) You have yet to prove how Potter wins against an immortal, freezing him for some time and blasting him a bit while flying around like a fairy isn't winning, if he can't take Jones out, he can't win.

Sadako of Girth
RJ, I find it 'shit in my shorts' scary how you know all the names of those HP spells/nonsense.

LOL Damned straight.

Thats some creeeeeepy voodoo magic, shamoaaaan.

Rogue Jedi
RJ,

1) I find it 'shit in my shorts' scary how you know all the names of those HP spells/nonsense.

2) You have yet to prove how Potter wins against an immortal, freezing him for some time and blasting him a bit while flying around like a fairy isn't winning, if he can't take Jones out, he can't win. I looked them up haermm

Didnt I already say, several times, how Harry would win? But you keep ignoring it.

Sadako of Girth
"Looked them up"....."in your vast Potter book collection while you dressed up in your adult cape and 'wand'", you mean...

Very suspect, if you ask me.

Robtard
I looked them up haermm

Didnt I already say, several times, how Harry would win? But you keep ignoring it.

I hope so.

Well, besides "stun" and blasting him with spells that can't kill him (see:immortal), I don't understand any of that HP gibberish.

Does Harry have a spell that can bring him down, permanently?

Robtard
"Looked them up"....."in your vast Potter book collection while you dressed up in your adult cape and 'wand'", you mean...

Very suspect, if you ask me.

Just had the mental of RJ doing that, LOL.

Rogue Jedi
I hope so.

Well, besides "stun" and blasting him with spells that can't kill him (see:immortal), I don't understand any of that HP gibberish.

Does Harry have a spell that can bring him down, permanently? Nope.

Robtard
Nope.

Then as I said, he can't win here, he can only delay a clawed-hand up his ass.

Rogue Jedi
Then as I said, he can't win here, he can only delay a clawed-hand up his ass. His spells will keep Jones incapacitated until he accio's the heart and stabs it.

Robtard
His spells will keep Jones incapacitated until he accio's the heart and stabs it.

and I repeat, how in the lubeless butt**** will Potter know about the heart? I doubt Jones is going to tell him while he's held with a spell.

"Say, young laddie, only way to kill me is to stab my heart, which is in a chest, buried on some remote island." Na.

Sadako of Girth
Just had the mental of RJ doing that, LOL.

Then I apologise for the subsequent mentally scarring... stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
and I repeat, how in the lubeless butt**** will Potter know about the heart? I doubt Jones is going to tell him while he's held with a spell.

"Say, young laddie, only way to kill me is to stab my heart, which is in a chest, buried on some remote island." Na. Aren't versus threads made assuming the combatants know about each other? I assumed this one was no different. Thread starter never specified. If Harry doesnt know about the heart, then he has no chance, who would? Stabbing the heart is the only way to kill Jones, it's a no brainer that Harry would know this and know it's location.

Also, Jones's heart wasnt always buried, it was actually on the Dutchman, but you knew that I bet.

Sadako of Girth
Then to me, it would seem that you are basically saying:
Who gets there first: Which would be Jones and his malicious bottom feeding hand, getting in there to scrape Potter's barnacles, before Potter can even get to the island (Which Kracken, naturally would be defending, as Jones would know of Potter's strategy.)

Rogue Jedi
Then to me, it would seem that you are basically saying:
Who gets there first: Which would be Jones and his malicious bottom feeding hand, getting in there to scrape Potter's barnacles, before Potter can even get to the island (Which Kracken, naturally would be defending, as Jones would know of Potter's strategy.)

Also, Jones's heart wasnt always buried, it was actually on the Dutchman, but you knew that I bet.

Sadako of Girth
Hed still have to find the dutchman, and then the Kracken would be defending THAT if the heart was there....

Sadako of Girth
Also, If Jones uppercuts Potter to the throat, or cutlasses his throat up Kurgan style, Potter wont be able to breathe anymore, let alone talk/cast spells.

XanatosForever
Versus fights rules state that each character has basic knowledge of their opponent. So, Harry will know that Jones is immortal and commands the Dutchman, and possibly about the Kraken. Jones knows that Potter's a welp with a bunch of spells at his command. Harry would not know about Jones's heart, because that wasn't common knowledge. The only reason everyone else found out was because of Jack Sparrow, and still a majority of the world would have no recollection.

Any of the immobilizing curses would drop Jones for a moment, then he would just phase into the ship which disrupts line of sight and line of effect. Thus my scenario on Jones winning.

Sadako of Girth
Kickass. yes

It would appear that unlike Harry's soon-to-be-clawed-ass,
Harry's fate is sealed.

Rogue Jedi
Versus fights rules state that each character has basic knowledge of their opponent.Really now?

Originally posted by Impediment
Welcome, everyone to the Movie Versus Forum! Here is the place where you may all pit your favorite movie characters together, beit singular fights or team based. I feel that this may become a thriving place, and I want everyone to have as much fun as possible while posting in here.

However, let's be clear on the rules of the MVF so we do not have any mishaps and/or clutter:

1) Remember to use the KMC Search Engine before making a new thread. If you are aprehensive about a topic that may or may not have already been made, please feel free to PM me and I will gladly let you know.

2) Google and Wikipedia are your friends. Use them wisely to find all sorts of neat material for your threads.

3) ALL KMC rules and regulations still apply in the MVF. Violators will be dealt with in a proper manner by the moderator.

4) 1 vs 1 vs 1 matches will not be allowed, as it is just too confusing. Team matches are perfectly acceptable, but the maximum is 3 versus 3. Anything over 3 on 3 becomes too difficult and just ends up as a cluttered and/or dead thread. Army/Group matches are allowed, but, please, be elaborate in your presentation so as not to confuse us.

5)This is a Movie Versus Forum, not a Respect Forum. Respect threads will be closed.

6) If somebody makes a thread and only posts "I'm bored. Pick one", or "Who's gonna win?", the thread gets closed. Period. However, if you start the thread in a more proper manner, like this for example:

"Robocop vs. Terminator: One is a cyborg cop and the other a cybernetic organism designed for killing. Which of these two would win?

-Robocop's feats are (explain his feats) and Terminator's feats are (explain his feats).

-Here are some images of both characters in a fight.

-So based on this info provided, who wins?"

This is an example of one of the right ways to start a Vs. thread.

7) Concerning the Star Wars franchise: There is already a Star Wars Versus forum here on KMC. Please use it accordingly, and post any Star Wars topics therein. All threads, otherwise, will be moved.

8) An important reminder: This is a movie character versus forum, not an actual forum to decide "which movie is better than the other". Remember that when you make new threads.

HAVE FUN!! This is a new forum, and let's make the most of it!

-Impediment

And

Where does it state that? It is up to the thread starter to determine if the combatants know each other or not, and how well they know each other.

And how is Harry supposed to defeat Jones without knowing about the heart? Isn't that like pitting a blind man against Rocky? If the thread starter comes in here and says "No, Harry knows nothing of Jones's heart", then the thread is totally one sided and a waste of time. And yes, it is implied in the opening post that this is a fight to the death. If it is a fight to the death, then Harry has to know about the heart, since that's the only way to kill Jones.

With the cruciatus curse, Harry can keep Jones immobile for as long as he likes.

XanatosForever
If it's not explicitly stated by the board moderator, then it's something of a unwritten rule throughout all the versus forums. Would you prefer we have Impediment state it explicitly?

The fact the original poster didn't specify the conditions leaves a lot up to random chance and, to some extent, the fervor of the fanboys/fangirls. Implications are what this entire thread is about, since there's been no specific scenario set down, so while it might be implied that it's a fight to the death, it could also be implied that Harry's an emo sorceror who would rather Cruciatus himself than Jones just for the high it gives him. wink

The cruciatus curse is mind affecting spell that requires line of sight and effect to last. It's intense pain, but considering some of the hits Jones tanked, chances are he'd be able to keep his cool long enough to get away.

Robtard
RJ, if your beef is 'this is a stupid thread unfair thread', you're right, as Potter is facing an immortal.

Still, Potter loses and has his "barnacles scraped" anally, unfairness aside.

BTW, the heart was buired, only reason it wasn't buried is because someone deduced where it was hidden and dug it up.

Rogue Jedi
If it's not explicitly stated by the board moderator, then it's something of a unwritten rule throughout all the versus forums. Would you prefer we have Impediment state it explicitly?

The fact the original poster didn't specify the conditions leaves a lot up to random chance and, to some extent, the fervor of the fanboys/fangirls. Implications are what this entire thread is about, since there's been no specific scenario set down, so while it might be implied that it's a fight to the death, it could also be implied that Harry's an emo sorceror who would rather Cruciatus himself than Jones just for the high it gives him. wink

The cruciatus curse is mind affecting spell that requires line of sight and effect to last. It's intense pain, but considering some of the hits Jones tanked, chances are he'd be able to keep his cool long enough to get away.
Read the rules carefully, it's up to the thread starter, not Mattie.

Fight to the death means that the combatant CAN be killed. Jones cannot be killed without his opponent knowing about the heart, simple. If Harry doesnt know about the heart, then, as I said, this is a totally one sided thread, you agree?

XanatosForever
I have read the rules, and I am very aware that it's up to the thread starter to state the conditions of the fight, but what if...and just go with me here...just what if a thread starter doesn't give specific conditions? What are we meant to go on? Like I said, a thread with no specific scenario is nothung but implied opinion.

If this is indeed a fight to the death, which I'm not saying it isn't, then yes, the combatants can be killed. So, Harry knows that it's possible to kill Davy, but that doesn't mean he'd know how to kill him.

I'm not saying this to split hairs, either. Jones is so full of himself, chances are he would give something away to Harry. Once that happens, things can turn around quite quickly.

Rogue Jedi
I have read the rules, and I am very aware that it's up to the thread starter to state the conditions of the fight, but what if...and just go with me here...just what if a thread starter doesn't give specific conditions? What are we meant to go on? Like I said, a thread with no specific scenario is nothung but implied opinion.

If this is indeed a fight to the death, which I'm not saying it isn't, then yes, the combatants can be killed. So, Harry knows that it's possible to kill Davy, but that doesn't mean he'd know how to kill him.

I'm not saying this to split hairs, either. Jones is so full of himself, chances are he would give something away to Harry. Once that happens, things can turn around quite quickly. And Harry is supposed to figure out how to kill Jones whilst engaged in combat? You do realize that going on saying that Harry doesnt know about the heart is a death sentence for him, right?

XanatosForever
Well, like you say, once he knows about the heart, it's a simple matter of summoning and stabby McStabbing it. You said he could ride the Firebolt into the sky out of reach? Once he gets the hint, he could just fly up and out of harm's way to contemplate. Jones has no way of reaching him, right?

See? I can play both sides. wink

Rogue Jedi
A middle ground must be reached.

XanatosForever
So you want me to pick a side to argue for?

Rogue Jedi
No, let's you and I determine some fair conditions here.

XanatosForever
Ahh, I understand. You go first. wink

Rogue Jedi
Well, first and foremost, the battleground must be named. Ideas?

XanatosForever
If both characters are to work at the best of their abilities, Jones must have an ocean, otherwise he loses the Flying Dutchman and Kraken summoning. Hmm...the lake at Hogwarts was pretty deep, right? Was that done magically?

Rogue Jedi
Dunno about the lake, but I doubt the lake has enough room for the Dutchman to manuveur enough, but OK, the lake at Hogwarts it is, if you agree. What about the heart? Harry has to know about the heart and where it is. Maybe we can pit a limit on how far away Harry can be to Accio something he has never seen? Maybe he has to keep Jones busy until he gets close enough to the heart to accio it?

XanatosForever
Actually, you have point. Regardless of whether or not Harry summons the heart, he still would have to wait for it to travel from wherever it is, so Jones would still have a chance to stop him.

That's a good point about the lack of maneuverability, but then I don't really see Jones trying to attack Harry with the cannons or anything. That still limits the Kraken summon, though, so maybe a shoreline instead?

Rogue Jedi
OK, a shoreline works. But Harry has to go OUT to the Dutchman to summon the Heart?

XanatosForever
Technically, no, but then he wouldn't be fighting, would he? Let's say that he can summon the heart, but it's so far that it'll take a long while, enough time for Jones to try and stop him.

Rogue Jedi
OK. I havent seen POTC in a while. How long does it take Jones to summon the Kracken?

XanatosForever
Hmm...iirc, it seemed to take something between ten to twenty minutes...that's very much a guess, though, I can't be sure.

Robtard
you two dumbasses, reason would dictate that would depend on how far away the Kraken is, as the world's oceans are vast and expansive. If it's in the lake, then it would be with the quickness.

No need to thank me for my brilliance at deduction.

Rogue Jedi
Thats an eternity in a versus battle, man.

Robtard
Less than a minute is an eternity? Don't be a drama queen, homo.

XanatosForever
you two dumbasses, reason would dictate that would depend on how far away the Kraken is, as the world's oceans are vast and expansive. If it's in the lake, then it would be with the quickness.

No need to thank me for my brilliance at deduction.

I was going off the basis that Jones is summoning old Kraky from his place at a shoreline, which would mean it would have to travel a ways.

I would also like to add that it would help to have an average summoning time for the sake of the argument.

Rogue Jedi
I was going off the basis that Jones is summoning old Kraky from his place at a shoreline, which would mean it would have to travel a ways.

I would also like to add that it would help to have an average summoning time for the sake of the argument. He knows, he's just feeling more insecure than usual and is taking it out on us.

Robtard
no, no, no, you cats picked the lake as a fighting area; that lake isn't that big (compared to the oceans), so it's safe to say the Kraken would be there quick, once summoned,ass

XanatosForever
I didn't agree to the lake, because it wouldn't be a large enough space for the Kraken to reside, so I opted for a shoreline, which we then agreed on.

Robtard
Shoreline, wtf, you ****.

XanatosForever
Would you prefer harbor town? The way I figure shoreline, he's out far enough for the ship to not get beached easily, or the Kraken, and given the nature of vs fights, Harry's going to be chasing him out there. I'm not saying I'm the best at making scenarios, but seriously, need you be so harsh? erm

Robtard
Oh, don't take my jabs seriously.

XanatosForever
Ohh, okay. Sometimes I don't know when something is legitimate bashing, or just fun stuff.

Rogue Jedi
Oh, don't take my jabs seriously. You are being a bit more of a prick than usual. Got any better ideas? Hmm? How about contributing instead of thumping your chest like the alpha male?

Robtard
You are being a bit more of a prick than usual. Got any better ideas? Hmm? How about contributing instead of thumping your chest like the alpha male?

Hey now, my prick-level is well within normal operating parameters.

I said my piece, threads isn't very good, even with a modified battleground, having said that, Potter gets the claw prostate massage.

Rogue Jedi
Hey now, my prick-level is well within normal operating parameters.

I said my piece, threads isn't very good, even with a modified battleground, having said that, Potter gets the claw prostate massage.

The thread is a piece of shit the way it is, dude and I are only trying to make it intresting. Really, whats wrong with that?

Robtard
Nothing, by all means proceed.

Rogue Jedi
Watch out for the biplanes.

XanatosForever
Right...so, where did we leave off?

retturnnerr
Harry Potter's gonna have to do extremely fancy flying techniques, maybe he even needs tutoring from Ernst Udet too bad he's died a long time ago.

Sadako of Girth
And the twenty seconds he'd have before being smashed into jello by the Kracken, won't allow for much flight dynamics and flight training.

jinXed by JaNx
Can't Potter just use that freeze spell or the one that turns people into tiny objects or insects?

Rogue Jedi
yes

KingD19
Just putting this out here. Voldemnort(IMMORTAL), couldn't be stopped until they destroyed his Horcruxes, unless Harry can get Jones' heart, he loses.

Davy Jones can phase through solid objects and teleport, with a single teleport he could end the whole fight. Port behind Harry and claw him.

Sadako of Girth
(Putting Jones neatly at the optimum anal scraping angle to rougly vivisect birthmark boy's colon.)

XanatosForever
On a technicality, even if Harry wins, he still loses...y'know, unless he wants to become of the Reaper of the seas and live forever...Just sayin'...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.