Sentry on his best vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warlord
Can Sentry beat J'onn on a good day?

tkitna
Sentry beats J'onn on his bad days.

Warlord
I love them both. I say Sentry on a good day could beat him if he uses all his powers right. They both lack proper writing at times

tkitna
In all seriousness, J'onn should never lose. Telepathy, strength, speed, intangibility, and the ability to shape shift. Thats a hell of a package deal.

Sentry wins

Mindset
Originally posted by tkitna
In all seriousness, J'onn should never lose. Telepathy, strength, speed, intangibility, and the ability to shape shift. Thats a hell of a package deal.

Sentry wins laughing out loud

Warlord
and Sentry has shown:

Strength
speed
invulnerability
light control (used also for invisibility)
teleportation
psionic abilities
major energy projection

it's a shame they write him as a flying brick

Mindset
And he has those flowing golden locks... smile

Slaanesh
Sentry can beat MM if he really want to..

Warlord
Originally posted by Mindset
And he has those flowing golden locks... smile

and a lovely wife

Mindset
Don't be gay

Warlord
Don't be gay

I'll try... smokin'

The Nuul

Sentry wins

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Pict
At his "best" Sentry managed to stalemate Hulk. I think MM is versatile enough and powerful enough to pull off the majority.

The Nuul
Or taken on Genis and ripped Terrax apart.

janus77
Sentry.

starlock
Martian Manhunter for the easy win

Bouboumaster
The Sentry

The Nuul
MM wins.

Warlord
At his Best Sentry stalemated the collective and ripped Doom's armor too

Philosophía
Martian Manhunter.

Hyperion Prime
Martian Manhunter plays on Sentrys immotional insecurities. Easy win. Hell I could beat Sentry by wearing a Void mask.

tkitna
Originally posted by The Pict
At his "best" Sentry managed to stalemate Hulk.

Lol. That was Sentry at his worst in my opinion.

I'll never be able to forgive Pak for how awful that whole series was.

quanchi112
At his "best" Sentry managed to stalemate Hulk. I think MM is versatile enough and powerful enough to pull off the majority. The most powerful Hulk to date. Sentry also managed to burn that Hulk out. I think it was impressive.

iceman24567
MM

quanchi112
Lol. That was Sentry at his worst in my opinion.

I'll never be able to forgive Pak for how awful that whole series was. Sentry has seen much worse days than his WW Hulk showing.

Kris Blaze
At his BEST Sentry would win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
At his BEST Sentry would win. Yep.

xJLxKing
Martian Manhunter wins. Just as strong, but more versatile and not gay, so yeah a straight always beats a queen.

Priest
Sentry.

Nihilist
Manhunter

vansonbee
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Martian Manhunter plays on Sentrys immotional insecurities. Easy win. Hell I could beat Sentry by wearing a Void mask. lolz

MM is emotional train wreck too! laughing out loud

Anways, my vote for Sentry at his best

The Nuul
Soon MM is going to be a BL and Sentry is so dead.

tkitna
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry has seen much worse days than his WW Hulk showing.

Feat wise I suppose so, but i've never seen the Sentry just stand there and let somebody punch him like that before. If the Sentry truly tried to fight in that battle, the Hulk would have been dead.

The Nuul
Feat wise I suppose so, but i've never seen the Sentry just stand there and let somebody punch him like that before. If the Sentry truly tried to fight in that battle, the Hulk would have been dead.

Oh, you mean if the writers wrote him properly? than sure!

tkitna
The only time i've ever seen a worse display of fighting skills is when half the DC fought Black Adam in WW3.

tkitna
Originally posted by The Nuul
Oh, you mean if the writers wrote him properly? than sure!

I would have been content if the Sentry tried to fight back in a normal fashion and lost. That would have been acceptable at least, but no, he has to stand there like some psycho, smiling while the Hulk is busting him in the chops releasing energy. Pretty dumb and oh so easy to spread the Sentry hate around afterwards.

The Nuul
I would have been content if the Sentry tried to fight back in a normal fashion and lost. That would have been acceptable at least, but no, he has to stand there like some psycho, smiling while the Hulk is busting him in the chops releasing energy. Pretty dumb and oh so easy to spread the Sentry hate around afterwards.

Yup, thats why Sentry sucks. Him and Ares didnt want any part of Thor, when the Dark Avengers wanted some.

tkitna
Yup, thats why Sentry sucks. Him and Ares didnt want any part of Thor, when the Dark Avengers want some.

I'm kind of lost on this one. When and where did this happen?

Nihilist
tkina what did you make of Hercules making Bob look like a chump.

tkitna
I thought it was classic. Neither one of them was really trying and Herc punked him. Herc is the way better fighter as we all know anyways, but he told Bob to quit coming into fights like a pansy. Maybe Bob will take his advise.

Nihilist
I thought it was classic. Neither one of them was really trying and Herc punked him. Herc is the way better fighter as we all know anyways, but he told Bob to quit coming into fights like a pansy. Maybe Bob will take his advise. k,do you still think Sentry is still some sort of beyoner.cosmic cube?

The Nuul
I'm kind of lost on this one. When and where did this happen?

Thor 600, Sentry wasnt there and cant remember if Ares was there. Theres also a scan of the team missing those two about to fight Thor around here someplace. Marvel still hasnt after years, had these two fight.

occultdestroyer
Sentry's TP (if he has any) is nowhere near the level of MM's.

Mindrape FTW.

vansonbee
Originally posted by occultdestroyer

Mindrape FTW. Didn't Sentry mind-rape everyone into forgetting about Sentry in his introduction arc?

He should be able at least resist MM TP, or maybe the Void should come out and rape MM too.

The Nuul
One or the few feats for Sentrys TP doesnt stack up to 30+ years of MM doing it.

vansonbee
One or the few feats for Sentrys TP doesnt stack up to 30+ years of MM doing it. My comment still stands. smokin'

The Nuul
Originally posted by vansonbee
My comment still stands. smokin'

wacko

Mindset
Aentry at his best would have MM eating from his *******.

tkitna
Originally posted by Nihilist
k,do you still think Sentry is still some sort of beyoner.cosmic cube?

Believe it or not, I think the Sentry is Kismet. Here's my theory and quote from another forum.

It might be possible that Lindy is actually Kismet, which in turn is actually the Sentry. This would explain the light projections and being able to reginerate tissue (Lindy being dead). Also, being able to punk Terrax so easily (power cosmic).

Lindy could actually be the host while Bob is the made up abstract (if that makes sense) to do her bidding. Maybe the Enclave planned this to somehow have her trick all of earths hero's to side with her (via Sentry) to destroy the Inhumans in the future. Bob has already had some interaction with the Inhumans and with them flying off and being a threat now,,,,,who knows.

Its far fetched, but I suppose it makes as much sense as anything else.

Heck, I dont know anymore. I do think theres more to him than just being some flying brick though.

The Nuul
I liked the Beyonder theory better.

Nihilist
Believe it or not, I think the Sentry is Kismet. Here's my theory and quote from another forum.

It might be possible that Lindy is actually Kismet, which in turn is actually the Sentry. This would explain the light projections and being able to reginerate tissue (Lindy being dead). Also, being able to punk Terrax so easily (power cosmic).

Lindy could actually be the host while Bob is the made up abstract (if that makes sense) to do her bidding. Maybe the Enclave planned this to somehow have her trick all of earths hero's to side with her (via Sentry) to destroy the Inhumans in the future. Bob has already had some interaction with the Inhumans and with them flying off and being a threat now,,,,,who knows.

Its far fetched, but I suppose it makes as much sense as anything else.

Heck, I dont know anymore. I do think theres more to him than just being some flying brick though. That theory is a bit far fetched tbh, but i do agree that there is more to him being just a flying brick, hopefully it will be a good revelation.

captain vell
sentry ****ing owns!!!

tkitna
Originally posted by vansonbee
Didn't Sentry mind-rape everyone into forgetting about Sentry in his introduction arc?

He should be able at least resist MM TP, or maybe the Void should come out and rape MM too.

I always thought this too, but the fact that Mastermind controlled him causes me to reconsider. Sentry has some good feats like resisting Strange and Emma and then causing the Super Adaptoid to freak out, but then again,,,,Mastermind and he's like a C-lister. Venus controlled him to, but at least she's a god.

skyfather
Originally posted by captain vell
sentry get's ****ing owned!!!

Mindset
I always thought this too, but the fact that Mastermind controlled him causes me to reconsider. Sentry has some good feats like resisting Strange and Emma and then causing the Super Adaptoid to freak out, but then again,,,,Mastermind and he's like a C-lister. Venus controlled him to, but at least she's a god. Emma told Sentry that the stronger the telepath the easier it is for Mastermind to affect them, or something to the effect.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by occultdestroyer

Mindrape FTW. the bulk of his tp supposedly holds his body together, and the void is just a mental manifestation of his dark side.

he has tp.

tkitna
Emma told Sentry that the stronger the telepath the easier it is for Mastermind to affect them, or something to the effect.

Eh, if thats so, then it makes more sense. Its been awhile since i've read it.

captain vell
Originally posted by skyfather

i meant it the other way around,buddy.

Warlord
Emma needed permission to enter his mind and he was powerful enough to break Dr Strange's dark magic mind manipulation, so I don't think telepathy would affect him that easily. Sentry was getting owned by Herc only beacause he wasn't all out. And MM was totally owned by Prometheus and such....
Every hero has his ups and downs.

leonheartmm
spite. sentry wins

captain vell
you said it,leonheartmm

quanchi112
Thor 600, Sentry wasnt there and cant remember if Ares was there. Theres also a scan of the team missing those two about to fight Thor around here someplace. Marvel still hasnt after years, had these two fight. Marvel still seems clueless in how to write the sentry. One one hand he is exchanging blows with WW Hulk and genis vell, while on the other he is getting schooled by Herc. At his best he is still pretty formidable.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Warlord
and Sentry has shown:

Strength
speed
invulnerability
light control (used also for invisibility)
teleportation
psionic abilities
major energy projection

it's a shame they write him as a flying brick

Don't forget about heat vision biscuits

batdude123
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=489456&highlight=title%3A

The Pict
The most powerful Hulk to date. Sentry also managed to burn that Hulk out. I think it was impressive.

WWH wasn't the most powerful version of the Hulk.

Warlord
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Don't forget about heat vision biscuits

Nah he has shown the ability to project photonic-like enrgy from every part of his body. His eye beams is part of his energy projection.

tkitna
Nah he has shown the ability to project photonic-like enrgy from every part of his body. His eye beams is part of his energy projection.

He melted a pair of handcuffs with them so it can be gauged as similiar.

Warlord
sure but it is nothing unlike he hasn't shown before. He just channeled it through his eyes.

he could have melted them with a hand channeled blast. no difference

quanchi112
WWH wasn't the most powerful version of the Hulk. If you ignore the writer's intentions, sure.

Warlord
If you ignore the writer's intentions, sure.

I think he means the Worldbreaker

quanchi112
I think he means the Worldbreaker I consider than another version of WW Hulk. I agree that is the baddest version out there. I figured he was going to say war hulk or something.

The Pict
I consider than another version of WW Hulk. I agree that is the baddest version out there. I figured he was going to say war hulk or something.

Those where the two I was thinking off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.