Duncan McCloud (Highlander) vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
Any takers on this?

jaden101
Hahaha...Your spelling rocks.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by LordFear
Any takers on this?

I know who wins, but what is the scenario?

Sadako of Girth
There can be only one.

And its not a vampire..

Robtard
Originally posted by LordFear
Any takers on this?
Highlander should be better skilled; as he'd had several centuries of practice, but Blade's going to cut off his head. Vampire speed, agility, reflexes and strength ftw, imo.

It's also MacLeod.

XanatosForever
Don't Highlanders get more powerful with each kill? Or was that just PIS bullshit?

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
Hahaha...Your spelling rocks.

Is it Duncan MacCleod? (Being a highlander n'all, it should be spelled that way....right?)

Honestly, I might have mispelled it myself...because what I typed above is what I would have put up.

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Don't Highlanders get more powerful with each kill? Or was that just PIS bullshit?

They do, as the Russian was the "most powerful" of them all because he had taken the most heads. But going from film feats, even his greatest feats don't compare to Blade's speed, agility and strength. Hell, Blade was even the better swordsmen on camera.

Sado22
Duncan. way too skilled for Blade.......provided it's JUST swordfighting. also vamps have more strength and speed than regular joes but onscreen Blade hasn't done anything in sword fighting that Duncan can't handle with too much trouble. not only that but Duncan has fought almost every kind of sword/blade fighter out there. Blade hasn't done that nor does he have centuries of experience.

Robtard
The battle he had with the two vampire-ninja types in the being of Blade II was far more impressive and skilled than the Duncan's feats.

Granted, I don't recall much of the Highlander films besides the first one, as I either didn't watch them or only watched parts, as they were complete shit. So enlighten me with a scene from the Highlander films that trumps what Blade has done?

jaden101
Originally posted by dadudemon
Is it Duncan MacCleod? (Being a highlander n'all, it should be spelled that way....right?)

Honestly, I might have mispelled it myself...because what I typed above is what I would have put up.

You don't need the 2nd C for this specific spelling but it has variations.

Shit clan anyway...But then what do you expect from a clan who's name derives from a Norse word for "ugly"

Anyway....I always thought Connor was the more skilled.

Robtard
Note to self: Do not marry a woman with the MacLeod last name.

BruceSkywalker
You don't need the 2nd C for this specific spelling but it has variations.

Shit clan anyway...But then what do you expect from a clan who's name derives from a Norse word for "ugly"

Anyway....I always thought Connor was the more skilled.

I am the exact opposite, I've always thought Duncan had the more skill set than Connor did

jaden101
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I am the exact opposite, I've always thought Duncan had the more skill set than Connor did

The film when they fight together (endgame) states pretty clearly that Connor was more powerful than Duncan and that He sacrificed himself to Duncan so Duncan could get the power of all Connor's kills. (which were far more than Duncan's)

Robtard
Oh shit, I was confusing the two, thought Duncan was Lambert.

dadudemon
The Ducan from the live action movies sucks, relative to Blade. Blade would rip him a new one, many times over.

We should use the Anime movie version as he is MUCH more impressive and reflects, IMO, what the Highlander skills should be after killing and absorbing the powers of all the other people he fought.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Highlander should be better skilled; as he'd had several centuries of practice, but Blade's going to cut off his head. Vampire speed, agility, reflexes and strength ftw, imo.

It's also MacLeod. Mhm. Right on, whitey.

BruceSkywalker
The film when they fight together (endgame) states pretty clearly that Connor was more powerful than Duncan and that He sacrificed himself to Duncan so Duncan could get the power of all Connor's kills. (which were far more than Duncan's)

i remember the scene now, thanks for reminding me..

Rogue Jedi
They do, as the Russian was the "most powerful" of them all because he had taken the most heads. But going from film feats, even his greatest feats don't compare to Blade's speed, agility and strength. Hell, Blade was even the better swordsmen on camera. I thought that black shapeshifter was the most powerful.....

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I thought that black shapeshifter was the most powerful.....

I was talking about the first film, the only good one of the series.

Rogue Jedi
Which one had that guy from Pet Sematary in it, you know, where his head was sewn on and shit?

Sadako of Girth
I would assume you mean the Kurgan.

Ramirez, becuase he was Sean Connery, was able to nearly cut off the Kurgan's head at the ruins back in 16 whatever. Kurgan then had a bunch of Metal Staples holding a massive scar in the 1980s...

That the dude your thinking of...?

'Cause if so: That be the first Highlander movie.

Rogue Jedi
I think its the one you mentioned.

jinXed by JaNx
This is pathetically one sided.

From what we have seen. Blades' speed would dizzy Duncan. Duncan uses that slow ass broad sword. Blades strength, agility and skill dwarfs Duncan in all area's...,in my opinion.

omgchos
Yeah but Christopher Lambert is immortal... Only another immortal can kill him. Therefore blade is fighting a losing battle.

Menetnashté
been awhile since I've seen the blade movies but aren't Vampires immortal, blade included?

Sado22
he uses the fastass katanna more regularly. and he's stronger than Connor's ever been now, esp now that he has Kell's quickening AND connor's.
as for the numbers, it's not duncan's fault that connor was born over a 100 years before him now is it? that's also why connor was "better" than him.

as for Duncan's feats, the entire series is a feat for him. mofo can't even die unless you cut his head off. blade's fast but he aint that skilled and his technique isn't even that impressive if you know something about sword fighting. he just flicks out the sword and it all looks pretty flashy but he isn't actually dong squat with it. duncan on the other hand has proper skill, not just speed. that and 400 years of experience and knowledge of all known and unknown sword fighting styles.

Duncan>Blade

~Sado

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This is pathetically one sided.

From what we have seen. Blades' speed would dizzy Duncan. Duncan uses that slow ass broad sword. Blades strength, agility and skill dwarfs Duncan in all area's...,in my opinion. Fact.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by omgchos
Yeah but Christopher Lambert is immortal... Only another immortal can kill him. Therefore blade is fighting a losing battle.

Are you sure? I've only seen the first two Highlander movie's and from what i remember anyone can kill an immortal by decapitation.

Rogue Jedi
Are you sure? I've only seen the first two Highlander movie's and from what i remember anyone can kill an immortal by decapitation. Accurate.

Sado22
ditto.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Sado22
he uses the fastass katanna more regularly. and he's stronger than Connor's ever been now, esp now that he has Kell's quickening AND connor's.
as for the numbers, it's not duncan's fault that connor was born over a 100 years before him now is it? that's also why connor was "better" than him.

as for Duncan's feats, the entire series is a feat for him. mofo can't even die unless you cut his head off. blade's fast but he aint that skilled and his technique isn't even that impressive if you know something about sword fighting. he just flicks out the sword and it all looks pretty flashy but he isn't actually dong squat with it. duncan on the other hand has proper skill, not just speed. that and 400 years of experience and knowledge of all known and unknown sword fighting styles.

Duncan>Blade

~Sado

I'm not trying to hate on Duncan, partner but Blade is a monster. I know in the movie's the fight choreography is chosen because it looks flashy but thats the goddamn point of blade. He is so fast and strong...,no one can keep up with him. Most of Blades choreography comes from escrimina and kendo but we're not arguing choreography. We're arguing skill. Now granted, Duncan has plenty of it but Blade was just born born with it. He is too fast and powerful. I just don't see it happening. From what i've seen of Duncan in the first two highlander movies, Duncan moved pretty slow, comparatively speaking.

dadudemon
I'm not trying to hate on Duncan, partner but Blade is a monster. I know in the movie's the fight choreography is chosen because it looks flashy but thats the goddamn point of blade. He is so fast and strong...,no one can keep up with him. Most of Blades choreography comes from escrimina and kendo but we're not arguing choreography. We're arguing skill. Now granted, Duncan has plenty of it but Blade was just born born with it. He is too fast and powerful. I just don't see it happening. From what i've seen of Duncan in the first two highlander movies, Duncan moved pretty slow, comparatively speaking.

You, sir, are correct. Even the "born" part. When Eric Brooks was born, he was "Blade" already in the sense that he was half Vamp, half human, already.

chilled monkey
The battle he had with the two vampire-ninja types in the being of Blade II was far more impressive and skilled than the Duncan's feats.

Granted, I don't recall much of the Highlander films besides the first one, as I either didn't watch them or only watched parts, as they were complete shit. So enlighten me with a scene from the Highlander films that trumps what Blade has done?

In Highlander: The Source Duncan fights the Guardian, an Immortal with Flash-like super-speed and super-strength (he ripped a man's head off with his bare hands).

In the first fight Duncan held his own quite well and in the second (where Duncan had gained super-speed too) he won.

Here is the first fight-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pczH7a5RM

Here is the second-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc-HUs53JuE&feature=related

chilled monkey
From what i've seen of Duncan in the first two highlander movies, Duncan moved pretty slow, comparatively speaking.

Duncan wasn't even in the first two movies.

Duncan (played by Adrian Paul who is a real-life martial arts expert) was in the TV series, Highlander: Endgame and Highlander: The Source (the fourth and fifth movies respectively).

Anyway, Blade will put up a great fight but I'd say Duncan wins due to more than four centuries of battling highly trained swordsmen. Plus Duncan heals faster so he won't be slowed down by accumulated minor wounds while Blade will.

snoopdogg
Blade stomps.

snoopdogg
Blade was getting the better of Dracula in their sword fight and he's like 5,000 years old.

Rogue Jedi
Doooooooooooooooooh. Correct.

snoopdogg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3YLY88-qcs&NR=1

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Duncan wasn't even in the first two movies.

Duncan (played by Adrian Paul who is a real-life martial arts expert) was in the TV series, Highlander: Endgame and Highlander: The Source (the fourth and fifth movies respectively).

Anyway, Blade will put up a great fight but I'd say Duncan wins due to more than four centuries of battling highly trained swordsmen. Plus Duncan heals faster so he won't be slowed down by accumulated minor wounds while Blade will.

Yeah, i know but i assumed that Duncan was bound to the same decree that a highlander dies after decapitation, regardless of how it happens.

You make a good point about Blade being slowed from blood loss but i really don't think Blade would sustain any major injuries. He is just far to fast and agile. I've only seen a few episodes of the Highlander show but from my combined knowledge of the Highlander universe i'm not aware of any Highlander facing a foe as deadly as Blade. I'm also not sure how Duncan would react to Blades incredible Strength. Blade would knock Duncan around like a rag doll.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Blade was getting the better of Dracula in their sword fight and he's like 5,000 years old.

True, and that's certainly impressive, but Duncan has defeated Kronos and Caspian who were also 5,000 years old.

chilled monkey
Yeah, i know but i assumed that Duncan was bound to the same decree that a highlander dies after decapitation, regardless of how it happens.

That's right. In "The Hunters" Fitz was horrified that if the Hunters (a mortal group) beheaded him then no Immortal would get his Quickening. If the neck is severed the Immortal dies regardless of how it happened.

You make a good point about Blade being slowed from blood loss but i really don't think Blade would sustain any major injuries. He is just far to fast and agile. I've only seen a few episodes of the Highlander show but from my combined knowledge of the Highlander universe i'm not aware of any Highlander facing a foe as deadly as Blade. I'm also not sure how Duncan would react to Blades incredible Strength. Blade would knock Duncan around like a rag doll.

Duncan fought the Guardian who had super-human strength so he's not helpless against such an enemy. I agree that Blade definately has the upper hand there though.

Sado22
true about blade being fast and strong. no one's saying he aint but Duncan aint normal either. accelerated healing factor, stronger and 400 year fighting experience of multiple swords styles advantage over blade's ass.
as for Duncan being slow, well you can't compare movie effects to series effects....that too a series that was in the 90's. i could say blade wasn't as fast in the blade tv series either.

but you're right, duncan's certainly heading in this fight as the underdog. i'm just saying that it won't be first time and probably won't be the last. duncan's a shrewd guy and has shown amazing adaptibility.

~Sado

chilled monkey
true about blade being fast and strong. no one's saying he aint but Duncan aint normal either. accelerated healing factor, stronger and 400 year fighting experience of multiple swords styles advantage over blade's ass.
as for Duncan being slow, well you can't compare movie effects to series effects....that too a series that was in the 90's. i could say blade wasn't as fast in the blade tv series either.

but you're right, duncan's certainly heading in this fight as the underdog. i'm just saying that it won't be first time and probably won't be the last. duncan's a shrewd guy and has shown amazing adaptibility.

~Sado

Precisely.

My money's still on the Highlander.

Rogue Jedi
Blade doesnt even need his sword. He beats Highlander to death with his huge black penis.

Luminatus
Duncan destroys him.
And a pox on anyone who says the ANIME is better than the TV series. I mean...that's just insulting. The Series is the best part of the entire franchise.

Mindset
Blade has every physical advantage over Duncan.

Sado22
ditto. Duncan MacLeod took it to the next level.
the anime was pretty good but to say it's better than the series is like making an anime on a tv series and saying the anime is better. that shite is wrong no expression

snoopdogg
Blade.

Kazenji
That anime Movie was good and even better how Kawajiri stuck to the whole Highlander mythology besides its alot better then some of the Highlander movie sequals.

Luminatus
That's not really saying much.

Blinky

Really? I was pissed when I saw that movie because I was fond of Connor's character, Duncan was lame IMO. When I saw the movie (a LONG time ago) I was under the impression that it was implied that Duncan was the better swordsman, and Connor sacrificed himself knowing Duncan would fare better against the antagonist. I should watch the POS again someday.

In regards to the topic, would Blade even know how to kill Duncan? I mean Blade would probably just assume Duncan was a mere human, this would be a great advantage to Duncan.

Mindset
Originally posted by Blinky
Really? I was pissed when I saw that movie because I was fond of Connor's character, Duncan was lame IMO. When I saw the movie (a LONG time ago) I was under the impression that it was implied that Duncan was the better swordsman, and Connor sacrificed himself knowing Duncan would fare better against the antagonist. I should watch the POS again someday.

In regards to the topic, would Blade even know how to kill Duncan? I mean Blade would probably just assume Duncan was a mere human, this would be a great advantage to Duncan. Blade would probably go for a beheading anyway since he is used to fighting vamps

Rogue Jedi

In regards to the topic, would Blade even know how to kill Duncan? I mean Blade would probably just assume Duncan was a mere human, this would be a great advantage to Duncan. Blade is not an idiot, he'd figure out Duncan was something more than human in no time.

Blinky
Blade is not an idiot, he'd figure out Duncan was something more than human in no time.

I dunno how much this would help but... If Ducan wanted, he could play dead (once Blade maimed him) and take Blade by surprise.

Rogue Jedi
I dunno how much this would help but... If Ducan wanted, he could play dead (once Blade maimed him) and take Blade by surprise. laughing

Luminatus
Duncan has pretty much every advantage. Blade has no chance.

Mindset
Originally posted by Luminatus
Duncan has pretty much every advantage. Blade has no chance. He is physically inferior in every way, how does he have every advantage?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mindset
He is physically inferior in every way, how does he have every advantage? He doesn't, he wouldn't be able to keep up with Blade.

omgchos
Did anyone yet establish whether or not this is incapacitation or to the death? cuz even blade can't completely kill him. Only another "immortal" can.

Rogue Jedi
I am pretty sure that anyone can chop off his head.

omgchos
I am pretty sure that anyone can chop off his head.
Na it was stated that only another immortal can kill an immortal. And only by lopping off his head.

Rogue Jedi
Na it was stated that only another immortal can kill an immortal. And only by lopping off his head. So if you or I chop off the head of a highlander? What then?

omgchos
So if you or I chop off the head of a highlander? What then?
Thats y i asked if it was incapacitation. Cuz hell always be alive just seperated. Unable to fight anymore.

Rogue Jedi
Thats y i asked if it was incapacitation. Cuz hell always be alive just seperated. Unable to fight anymore. Well thats just as good then haermm "Come 'ere and I'll bite ya!!!"

omgchos
Well thats just as good then haermm "Come 'ere and I'll bite ya!!!"
Exactly. Friking black night man, someone should make a thread about him.

Rogue Jedi
Ew.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Mindset
He is physically inferior in every way, how does he have every advantage?

Perhaps not every advantage, but Duncan-

* Is a better, more experienced swordsman (over 400 years expertise)
* Is much more accustomed to battling other skilled swordsman.
* Has the power and skill of every one of his vanquished foes.
* Heals faster.

Some of Duncan's resiliance feats-

* In "Double Jeopardy" Morgan D'Estaing stabs him with a dagger coated in curarae. Duncan still takes his head before 'dying' from the poison.
* In "Duende" Consone stabs him through the chest. Duncan seizes his arm and pushes his sword in deeper(!) then takes his head with a pair of daggers.
* In "Courage," Cullen rams him with a truck and slices the side of his neck. Duncan still wins the fight and beheads Cullen.

chilled monkey
Na it was stated that only another immortal can kill an immortal. And only by lopping off his head.

Beg your pardon but no. In the first movie Ramirez told Connor "if your head comes away from your neck, it's over." He said nothing about only Immortals could do it.

In "The Hunters," Darius was killed by renegade Watchers (Duncan knew an Immortal couldn't have done it because Darius was killed on holy ground). They nearly killed Fitz via guillotine as well.

In "One Minute to Midnight," Irena and Jacob Galati were beheaded by mortals (Irena was killed by James Horton and Jacob by Jack Shapiro).

omgchos
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Beg your pardon but no. In the first movie Ramirez told Connor "if your head comes away from your neck, it's over." He said nothing about only Immortals could do it.

In "The Hunters," Darius was beheaded by renegade Watchers (Duncan knew an Immortal couldn't have done it because Darius was killed on holy ground).

In "One Minute to Midnight," Irena and Jacob Galati were beheaded by mortals (Irena was killed by James Horton and Jacob by Jack Shapiro)
Are those televison episodes? I mean your fisrt point is valid. But the other two mean nothing. If they are televison episodes.

chilled monkey
Are those televison episodes?

Yep. The closing episodes of Season's 1 and 4 respectively.

I mean your fisrt point is valid. But the other two mean nothing. If they are televison episodes.

Why is that? The series is part of overall continuity.

omgchos
It's still part of the rules. If we could use every show/comic/graphic novel for every vs. thread it would make things too complicated. So only MOVIES can be referenced. It's called the MOVIE VS FORUM for a reason.

Rogue Jedi
Yup, movies only.

Sado22
technically, immortals just need to get their noggin lobbed off. in Highlander: the raven, the sidecharacter dude cuts this one immortal dude's head off but the quickening goes to Amanda.......then again, sidedude was actually immortal as well.

okay, nevermind sad

Rogue Jedi
What if I have a shotgun and I BLOW an immortals head off? Same?

Sado22
........don't complicate it mad

chilled monkey
What if I have a shotgun and I BLOW an immortals head off? Same?

As Ramirez says "if your head comes away from your neck, it's over."

technically, immortals just need to get their noggin lobbed off. in Highlander: the raven, the sidecharacter dude cuts this one immortal dude's head off but the quickening goes to Amanda.......then again, sidedude was actually immortal as well.

okay, nevermind

Nick, and he was only a latent Immortal. At that point he hadn't died his first death (that happened in the finale.)

chilled monkey
It's still part of the rules. If we could use every show/comic/graphic novel for every vs. thread it would make things too complicated. So only MOVIES can be referenced. It's called the MOVIE VS FORUM for a reason.

I see, fair enough.

Luminatus
Duncan is a TV character. 99% of his feats come from TV. That rule doesn't make any sense for characters who originated in TV and starred in dozens of episodes and only had what, two films?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.