when funny was actually FUNNY! raping the face of humour in today's media/tv/movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
ok i wanted to make this thread for the longest time, and i wanna discuss sumthing thats been pissing me off to no end. its this decades strengthening trend in the NEW FUNNY, neither movies , nor tv shows, nor even things like snl or late night is immune to this. its better to illustrate this by example. in MY humble oppinion thins/people/performances like THESE are funny.

jim carey - snl. any interview he does, ace ventura, liar liar etc

that 70s shows - hilaroius, witty, has you rolling on the floor with genuine humour

CLASSIC adam sandler- little nicky, water boy, happy gilmore. snl etc

russel brand- amazing new age comedian, genuinly funny and succeeds while other more famous retards fail

george carlin- duh, standup

lock stock and two smoking barrels/snatch - geniunly funny stuff, brit humour

prates of the carribean - again genuine warmth in characters and humour

jay and silent bob- basically another true role on the floor performance duo of the 90s

friends- yess we all loved it and laughed at it, still do

dave chepell/eddie murphy - classic standup and classic performances in moves

screwed - chepell and the other dude were in it, funny as hell

simpsons - self explanatory

south park - YES

american pie/roadtrip etc

robin williams -standup plus genuinly humourous performance

now CONTRAST this great humour with the newer trends in humour that i find absolutely appaling{and im hoping some other people do too}

the new snl- im sepcifically referring to the annoyingly monotonic and subdued/nasal/deep voiced ladies of the show

juno- succeeded as a movie but failed to make any laugh

the office- the SINGLE biggest culprit of the current times , the british version with ricky gervais was BARELY bearable, this one though....

arrested development- this show started it for america

will ferrel- HONESTLY, taladega nights, blades of glory, and that other friggin ping pong movie

Jon Heder - responsible for making the retard element

current adam sandler - seriously wtf is going on, zohan...need i say more

jimmy falon- if i had to define the trend in a single sentence, its the difference between this man hosting late night compared to conan o brian, nough said

now.

retards/screaming like a ***** on exctasy at the wrong moments/ultra magnified racist themes{referring more to will/john hedar style of comedy}

awkward silences

embarrising facial expressions that make you wanna punch them

awkwardness but no realistic angst as a result

minimal dialogue

subdued awkward laughter

inability to have a single conversation without awkward interruptions and indecisiveness on who shud talk next

simple boredom

awkward costumes usually showing overweight/unworked physiques in stretchy/shiny/in awkward poses

greater reliance on unconventional and not realistic or artistically inspired venues of sexuality {old ladies MADE to look embarrising/sleezy/out of touch and yet shameless at the same time basically making a fool of themselves and having penises rubbed against them and loving them} {referring more to adam sandler and i suppose to will/had too}

bad camera angles, no background music, amplified sound effects of
things falling or feet walking

---------------------------------------

these things/elements are NOT funny. seriously when the **** did all this start to be defined as HUMOUR?!?!?!?!

boredom=/= reality

it isnt reality, it isnt hyperreality, it isnt a new form of humour, it isnt coming back to the roots, it isnt creative, it isnt artistic, it isnt intellectually appealing {watch gimore girls instead of the office if you want everyday witty gialogue and intellectual babble thats funny, seriously}

it has absolutely no warmth or charm. it is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also, its a bit hard to summarise my thoughts on the subject so this is just a rought outline to make you guyes understand what im talking about.

agree? disagree, wanna add sumthing? wanna flame me?

discuss!

jaden101
Is it really that difficult to accept that people have different senses of humour similar to different tastes in music.

You say American Pie is funny and the UK version of the office isn't. The vast majority of people out of their teens would disagree so it says to me that you prefer base level infanitle humour (not meaning that in an insulting manner) over situational comedy like the office. Although I'll admit that the UK version of the office is tailored towards the UK audience, which have traditionally been the 1st to find humour in situations and events which aren't funny. The office needs its viewer to identify culturally with it to understand its comedy. People find it funny because it reflects people in their lives only in hyperbole. Most people in the UK know a David Brent type of person and THAT'S why they find it funny.

I have to agree on the Will Ferrall thing though. I find him to be the single most overrated comedian/actor ever.

At the end, though, like I already said. Different strokes (classic comedy) for different folks

Good thread by the way

Raoul
i think both versions of the Office are funny, personally. The Gervais one just makes you cringe a whole lot more...

Bardock42
Funny, I am just watching Arrested Development. One of the funniest, most intelligent shows ever.

I think what you are experiencing is what is often, correctly identified as "personal taste". You like some stuff and you don't like others. And as far as I can tell there's no modern vs. classic in your rant. South Park, Simpsons, Russel Brand, Kevin Smith are still putting out material (all pretty good still imo, as well) Dave Chappelle, Pirates of the Carribbean are all very recent. And I think that your complaints are not limited to what you think is bad, some of the complaints could just as well apply to POTC, South Park, Chappelle, Jim Carrey, Robin Williams and especially American Pie and Road Trip.

As for The Office, it's another show I view as pure genius. Some of the most hilarious jokes and situations in that show. Very Funny.

Rogue Jedi
Seinfeld FTW

inimalist
Friends is a terrible show, pirates of the Caribbean makes me want to projectile vomit

Gervais is amazing in anything I've seen him in, and I agree with Bardock on Arrested Development

South Park is probably the best show on TV today.

lord xyz
I still see the humour in recent stuff today, but like it is with the horror genre, the originality has gone and everything feels stolen or recycled. Also, most of the great stff, you find on the internet, though there are still good shows like "My Name Is Earl" I find funny.

jinXed by JaNx
I think that there is just far more content in the entertainment medium than there was thirty, twenty or even ten years ago. I really don't think humor has evolved or changed. I think that, perhaps, the mainstream interest in humor has changed a bit. Sarcasm and cynicism has become the main focus in primetime comedy.

There is just SO much content today. You can find what ever you're looking for in the entertainment medium. I do think that the main interest in comedy has changed but i don't think there is that big of a difference from say, 15 years ago. If you go back further though, 30, 40 years...,there is a HUGE difference in comedy but society was also very different. They were more reserved.

Comedy isn't being raped. What is funny is still funny and will always be funny. It just depends on your own personal taste. Maybe you don't find things as funny because you're getting older and now you need to adopt a new sense of humor as well.

Symmetric Chaos
There will always be funny things out there, no matter what you define as "funny" and I'm sure there will be an eventual backlash against the sort of humor that's popular at the moment.

lord xyz
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I think that there is just far more content in the entertainment medium than there was thirty, twenty or even ten years ago. I really don't think humor has evolved or changed. I think that, perhaps, the mainstream interest in humor has changed a bit. Sarcasm and cynicism has become the main focus in primetime comedy.

There is just SO much content today. You can find what ever you're looking for in the entertainment medium. I do think that the main interest in comedy has changed but i don't think there is that big of a difference from say, 15 years ago. If you go back further though, 30, 40 years...,there is a HUGE difference in comedy but society was also very different. They were more reserved.

Comedy isn't being raped. What is funny is still funny and will always be funny. It just depends on your own personal taste. Maybe you don't find things as funny because you're getting older and now you need to adopt a new sense of humor as well. 40 years ago?

George Carlin, Emo Phillips? Great stuff.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
I thought yes man and house were original and funny. Simpsons is still as lol as it was when it started.

SnakeEyes
Comedy/humor hasn't been raped, that's ridiculous. There's an abundant amount of funny media out there. More so now than any other time I can think of. The Simpsons does suck now though. Also, Jim Carrey was never on SNL. And like people have said, a lot of the things that you find funny aren't humorous to other people; it's all subjective.

Bicnarok
This "better of ted" series is funny imo.

Darth Jello
I just hate that Dane Cook and Ned "Carlos" Mencia have a career.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I just hate that Dane Cook and Ned "Carlos" Mencia have a career.

Odd.

I find them both quite humorous, at times. hmm

Millions upon millions of people can't be wrong....right?

BackFire
They sure can. Carlos Mencia is a comedic cancer. One that steals material. Mainstream comedy is often mindless crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
They sure can. Carlos Mencia is a comedic cancer. One that steals material. Mainstream comedy is often mindless crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

At dadudemon?

KidRock
I recently watched Gabrielle Iglesias or whatever his name is, the fat guy, do stand up on Comedy Central. He was pretty funny.

dadudemon

Carlos doesn't steal hardly anything. It's written for him. big grin

Originally posted by Bardock42
At dadudemon?

Please. Both actually make witty jokes...even I provided an example, you'd argue with it. It's actually a trend to dislike the two by people like you. I can't describe it..but it is mainly "internet" types that don't like Carlos and Dane.

Note: I also like Jim Carrey's stand up...if you can find some of that. I liked George Carlin's, Eddie Murphy's, Ricahrd Prior's...the list goes on.

Also, Dane is hit and miss. Somethings are utterly lame, and others have me busting up. He's not the best..he's just not lame like everyone on the interwebz makes him out to be.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon

Please. Both actually make witty jokes...even I provided an example, you'd argue with it. It's actually a trend to dislike the two by people like you. I can't describe it..but it is mainly "internet" types that don't like Carlos and Dane.

Note: I also like Jim Carrey's stand up...if you can find some of that. I liked George Carlin's, Eddie Murphy's, Ricahrd Prior's...the list goes on.

Also, Dane is hit and miss. Somethings are utterly lame, and others have me busting up. He's not the best..he's just not lame like everyone on the interwebz makes him out to be.

Easy, easy, just a light hearted joke. It's true I don't like Dane Cook, don't enjoy his humor, don't enjoy his personality, no biggie. Don't know anything about the Mencia guy, excpet for that South Park thing, which was great. My joke had nothing to do with them, it was solely based on calling you the lowest common denominator.

dadudemon
Easy, easy, just a light hearted joke. It's true I don't like Dane Cook, don't enjoy his humor, don't enjoy his personality, no biggie. Don't know anything about the Mencia guy, excpet for that South Park thing, which was great. My joke had nothing to do with them, it was solely based on calling you the lowest common denominator.

What the f**k?

What's the "easy" stuff about? No one was pissed. no expression

And, yes, you're joke was obvious. Thanks for explaining. no expression

BackFire

'Hardly anything' is still enough to condemn him for it.

Other comedians have come out and cited actual evidence to him stealing material from other comedians.

It's also been reported that Dane Cook also steals jokes.

Bardock42
What the f**k?

What's the "easy" stuff about? No one was pissed. no expression

And, yes, you're joke was obvious. Thanks for explaining. no expression

Yeah, cause your...

...was not butthurt and unrelated to what my joke was.

And it should be "your" not "you're", as I am not a joke. Well, maybe sometimes.

Bardock42

Other comedians have come out and cited actual evidence to him stealing material from other comedians.

Not the good ones though.

dadudemon
Yeah, cause your...

...was not butthurt and unrelated to what my joke was.

And it should be "your" not "you're", as I am not a joke. Well, maybe sometimes.

What the hell?

Can you actually carry on a conversation?

It's more common than you think. However, if one commedian becomes successful, others provide nice resentment. It has been like that for ages among comedians.

Bardock42
What the hell?

Can you actually carry on a conversation? Yes.

dadudemon
Yes.

ZOMG! dur

SnakeEyes
Face it, Mencia gargles balls. Cook is tolerable.

jinXed by JaNx

I can see one or two jokes being coincidence but the dude ripped off an entire set from Bill Cosby. If you're going to steal jokes you don't steal from a big name like Bill Cosby. That's just damn stupid laughing out loud

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by lord xyz
40 years ago?

George Carlin, Emo Phillips? Great stuff.

Oh yeah, i wasn't trying to say that controversial comedy didn't exist then but the mainstream comedy was definitely more subtle and reserved. Just look at how Carlin evolved through his career. Carlin started out telling jokes and by the end of his career he was just sharing cynical observations laughing out loud

Ace of Knaves
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ok i wanted to make this thread for the longest time, and i wanna discuss sumthing thats been pissing me off to no end. its this decades strengthening trend in the NEW FUNNY, neither movies , nor tv shows, nor even things like snl or late night is immune to this. its better to illustrate this by example. in MY humble oppinion thins/people/performances like THESE are funny.

jim carey - snl. any interview he does, ace ventura, liar liar etc

that 70s shows - hilaroius, witty, has you rolling on the floor with genuine humour

CLASSIC adam sandler- little nicky, water boy, happy gilmore. snl etc

russel brand- amazing new age comedian, genuinly funny and succeeds while other more famous retards fail

george carlin- duh, standup

lock stock and two smoking barrels/snatch - geniunly funny stuff, brit humour

prates of the carribean - again genuine warmth in characters and humour

jay and silent bob- basically another true role on the floor performance duo of the 90s

friends- yess we all loved it and laughed at it, still do

dave chepell/eddie murphy - classic standup and classic performances in moves

screwed - chepell and the other dude were in it, funny as hell

simpsons - self explanatory

south park - YES

american pie/roadtrip etc

robin williams -standup plus genuinly humourous performance

now CONTRAST this great humour with the newer trends in humour that i find absolutely appaling{and im hoping some other people do too}

the new snl- im sepcifically referring to the annoyingly monotonic and subdued/nasal/deep voiced ladies of the show

juno- succeeded as a movie but failed to make any laugh

the office- the SINGLE biggest culprit of the current times , the british version with ricky gervais was BARELY bearable, this one though....

arrested development- this show started it for america

will ferrel- HONESTLY, taladega nights, blades of glory, and that other friggin ping pong movie

Jon Heder - responsible for making the retard element

current adam sandler - seriously wtf is going on, zohan...need i say more

jimmy falon- if i had to define the trend in a single sentence, its the difference between this man hosting late night compared to conan o brian, nough said

now.

retards/screaming like a ***** on exctasy at the wrong moments/ultra magnified racist themes{referring more to will/john hedar style of comedy}

awkward silences

embarrising facial expressions that make you wanna punch them

awkwardness but no realistic angst as a result

minimal dialogue

subdued awkward laughter

inability to have a single conversation without awkward interruptions and indecisiveness on who shud talk next

simple boredom

awkward costumes usually showing overweight/unworked physiques in stretchy/shiny/in awkward poses

greater reliance on unconventional and not realistic or artistically inspired venues of sexuality {old ladies MADE to look embarrising/sleezy/out of touch and yet shameless at the same time basically making a fool of themselves and having penises rubbed against them and loving them} {referring more to adam sandler and i suppose to will/had too}

bad camera angles, no background music, amplified sound effects of
things falling or feet walking

---------------------------------------

these things/elements are NOT funny. seriously when the **** did all this start to be defined as HUMOUR?!?!?!?!

boredom=/= reality

it isnt reality, it isnt hyperreality, it isnt a new form of humour, it isnt coming back to the roots, it isnt creative, it isnt artistic, it isnt intellectually appealing {watch gimore girls instead of the office if you want everyday witty gialogue and intellectual babble thats funny, seriously}

it has absolutely no warmth or charm. it is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also, its a bit hard to summarise my thoughts on the subject so this is just a rought outline to make you guyes understand what im talking about.

agree? disagree, wanna add sumthing? wanna flame me?

discuss!

I blame it all on Krod Mandoon.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Ace of Knaves
I blame it all on Krod Mandoon.

Why would you blame it on an awesome show?

Ace of Knaves
Ugh, that show is vomit. I realize this thread is based on the semantics of one person's sense of humor vs another person's, but that show is just total crap. It's like someone watched that 300 parody and decided to build a series around it. Not that 300 wasn't a joke all on it's own.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why would you blame it on an awesome show?

Someone should slap you, I watched most of the pilot; sucked thoroughly.

Robtard

South Park was fairly accurate on Mencia, 'I just recycle jokes with a Latino flair' is basically his shtick.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Robtard
Someone should slap you, I watched most of the pilot; sucked thoroughly.

I find it very funny.

Robtard
I find it very funny.

You suck donkey balls Fair enough, humor is subjective.

lil bitchiness
Robin Williams is the notorious joke thief.

Robtard
H-he's Jewish?

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Face it, Mencia gargles balls. Cook is tolerable.

I'll gladly steal jokes for $2-3 million a year. 1234

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Robin Williams is the notorious joke thief.

One might argue that execution is more important than originality. Hence the popularity of many stock scenarios in comedy and drama.

inimalist
One might argue that execution is more important than originality. Hence the popularity of many stock scenarios in comedy and drama.

kids these days, don't know nothin' about the jazz music

what with their hippin' and a hoppin' and their bippin' and a boppin'

Darth Jello
Dane Cook steals from Louis CK and bases his comedy on manic delivery and tiring assclownery.

"Carlos" Mencia is a Honduran who grew up in LA and makes a living by stealing jokes from Bill Cosby, George Lopez, and George Carlin and delivering them while pretending to be a Mexican and reenforcing negative Mexican stereotypes.

It's like if some white guy dressed up in black face and started doing a Chris Rock routine interspersed with commentary about how much his family loves watermelon and uses soot instead of soap or if a black Christian guy put on a fake nose and peses and a yarmulka and started telling self-depricating jokes based on killing Christian children for passover matzah and the holocaust.

SnakeEyes

I'm sure you would. I fail to see how that makes them funny though.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm sure you would. I fail to see how that makes them funny though.

Then you obviously don't get it. How can they not be funny when:

1. They are funny.

2. The vast majority of the target audience doesn't know that very few of the jokes are recycled and told in a different way.

3. I'm getting paid millions a year to tell almost 100% original jokes with a very very small few being recycled.

Bardock42
Then you obviously don't get it. How can they not be funny when:

1. They are funny.

2. The vast majority of the target audience doesn't know that very few of the jokes are recycled and told in a different way.

3. I'm getting paid millions a year to tell almost 100% original jokes with a very very small few being recycled.

I don't see how 2 and 3 relate. If it's funny it's funnny, obviously.

dadudemon
I don't see how 2 and 3 relate. If it's funny it's funnny, obviously.

#2's reasoning: You, Bards, when you haven't heard a funny joke/story before (when told in a humorous way), it tends to be funny. I guess you're new to comedy and delivery...

#3's reasoning: It doesn't matter if you steal the jokes...because of #'s 1 and 2, it just has to be funny. It's called selling out for a laugh and some money.

Edit - If you had the ability to deliver, would you not sell out for 2-3 million a year? I most certainly would...however, I would admit it readily.

Bardock42
#2's reasoning: You, Bards, when you haven't heard a funny joke/story before (when told in a humorous way), it tends to be funny. I guess you're new to comedy and delivery...

If it's not funny it's not going to become funny by me not having heard it before.

#3's reasoning: It doesn't matter if you steal the jokes...because of #'s 1 and 2, it just has to be funny. It's called selling out for a laugh and some money.

That was my point though, and that guy's you replied to, too, I believe. The guy said that making so much money, selling out, etc. doesn't have bearing on whether the jokes are funny. Which he thinks they are not.

Edit - If you had the ability to deliver, would you not sell out for 2-3 million a year? I most certainly would...however, I would admit it readily.

You are a swell guy. Also a bit like Cartman in that Carlos Mencia episode.

dadudemon
If it's not funny it's not going to become funny by me not having heard it before.

But you see, you don't have a very good sense of humor. It isn't as appealing to as many people, percentage wise, as Menica.

That was my point though, and that guy's you replied to, too, I believe. The guy said that making so much money, selling out, etc. doesn't have bearing on whether the jokes are funny. Which he thinks they are not.

That would be a good point if so many people did find him funny. Since a shit load of people find him funny, he makes the millions. Regardless of your very subjective opinion of him, it doesn't matter what you think...unless your one of the ones that like him...making him the milions. Do you see why it doesn't matter they you guys don't find him funny?

Which was my whoooole damn point. It's for teh money, douche. no expression I could care less if you didn't find me funy (which you don't), I would gladly sell out in a heart beat to make millions.

You are a swell guy. Also a bit like Cartman in that Carlos Mencia episode.

I use others jokes ALL the time...however, I remember to give credit where credit is due. smile

Bardock42
But you see, you don't have a very good sense of humor. It isn't as appealing to as many people, percentage wise, as Menica.

I am not talking about my taste though.

That would be a good point if so many people did find him funny. Since a shit load of people find him funny, he makes the millions. Regardless of your very subjective opinion of him, it doesn't matter what you think...unless your one of the ones that like him...making him the milions. Do you see why it doesn't matter they you guys don't find him funny?

I-i actually didn't comment on Mencia at all. I said I don't know his stuff. My post was solely theoretical, but I see why you would try to paint me biased, as I did make you look a bit silly.

Which was my whoooole damn point. It's for teh money, douche. no expression I could care less if you didn't find me funy (which you don't), I would gladly sell out in a heart beat to make millions.

I don't see why you constantly factor my taste in, which, yes, admittedly, like you pointed out, is in no way a standard or particularly common one, but it is also unrelated to what I said. It is especially unrelated to what the guy before me said. You are just running deeper and deeper into this silliness rather than addressing what we really talk about. This is not a fight between you and I, you don't have to be 100% opposed to what I say, it's not like I attacked you, I just commented on something I found unclear or, if you actually believed it, possibly wrong.

I use others jokes ALL the time...however, I remember to give credit where credit is due. smile

Ok.

dadudemon
I am not talking about my taste though.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I-i actually didn't comment on Mencia at all. I said I don't know his stuff. My post was solely theoretical, but I see why you would try to paint me biased, as I did make you look a bit silly.

Really now...you'll have to try harder than that to play "games." Made me look silly... shifty As if I need help to be silly. teehee

But really, now, you can't play word games like this, Bardock. You either participate in the conversation or you don't. Can you try and guess what this conversation is about? Interjecting your comments into it are going to net you rebuttals, relative to the conversation, Mr. theoretical. big grin

I don't see why you constantly factor my taste in, which, yes, admittedly, like you pointed out, is in no way a standard or particularly common one, but it is also unrelated to what I said.

It is your inability to see the point that leads you to that conclusion. smile

You've discovered that your interjections were wrong so now you're going to play word games. That's fine, but it won't work.

Edit - this is how you get when you're wrong. You have to bring up something else to be right about. Cool. erm

It is especially unrelated to what the guy before me said. You are just running deeper and deeper into this silliness rather than addressing what we really talk about. This is not a fight between you and I, you don't have to be 100% opposed to what I say, it's not like I attacked you, I just commented on something I found unclear or, if you actually believed it, possibly wrong.

Sooo...what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Bardock42
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Little, my taste in tea might have a slight, almost insignificant, bearing on the prices, though, I wouldn't worry about it.

Really now...you'll have to try harder than that to play "games." Made me look silly... shifty As if I need help to be silly. teehee

True.

But really, now, you can't play word games like this, Bardock. You either participate in the conversation or you don't. Can you try and guess what this conversation is about? Interjecting your comments into it are going to net you rebuttals, relative to the conversation, Mr. theoretical. big grin

Like I implied, you misunderstood the conversation, imo. That was the point of my last post. And you certainly missed the point of my initial post. Really though it doesn't matter, we agree on a few of the things you said, and I think you got needlessly defensive about some others.

It is your inability to see the point that leads you to that conclusion. smile

Certainly a possibility.

You've discovered that your interjections were wrong so now you're going to play word games. That's fine, but it won't work.

Nah, what I said was true. And still applies.

Sooo...what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
Nothing, is quite related to our discussion though.

dadudemon
Little, my taste in tea might have a slight, almost insignificant, bearing on the prices, though, I wouldn't worry about it.

True.

Like I implied, you misunderstood the conversation, imo. That was the point of my last post. And you certainly missed the point of my initial post. Really though it doesn't matter, we agree on a few of the things you said, and I think you got needlessly defensive about some others.

Certainly a possibility.

Nah, what I said was true. And still applies.

Nothing, is quite related to our discussion though.

K, then. We're done now, right?

Bardock42
K, then. We're done now, right?

Sure, until you say something nonsensical again.

dadudemon
Sure, until you say something nonsensical again.

Like you asking if Mencia's and Cook's "mindless" jokes were aimed at me, right? smile

Bardock42
Like you asking if Mencia's and Cook's "mindless" jokes were aimed at me, right? smile Nope, you get a go free on hilarious insertions.

jinXed by JaNx

aww come homie, but where is the integrity and honor? We have to be Knights in these dark times my friend. Don't be playin greasy now when the game clock is ticking away. We'll win. True comedy is coming back again. laughing out loud

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
aww come homie, but where is the integrity and honor? We have to be Knights in these dark times my friend. Don't be playin greasy now when the game clock is ticking away. We'll win. True comedy is coming back again. laughing out loud

Well, the difference between what they do and what I would do is I would admit to it, readily, and I would even end the jokes on the spot with a credit to the "artist" who did it originally. At the very least, I would put it at the end credits.

Also, I would gladly legally steal out for a multi-million dollar TV show contract. big grin You wouldn't? Obviously, they didnt do their joke well enough or else they'd be on the TV set where I was. wink Oh, and, Carlos Mencia did the "hi mom" joke that he stole from Bill Cosby, better than Bill Cosby. smile

Nope, you get a go free on hilarious insertions.

I have no idea what this means.

Bardock42

I have no idea what this means.

No worries.

dadudemon
No worries.

Even when I add hyphens and commas, I still don't get it. (Even using insertions in multiple ways and contexts.)

Bardock42
Even when I add hyphens and commas, I still don't get it. (Even using insertions in multiple ways and contexts.)

Yes, I understood what you said the first time you said it.

dadudemon
Yes, I understood what you said the first time you said it.

I expanded "to what extent" for you. no expression

Are you not familar with "elaboration?" (You do know that one can elaborate without the "recipient's" request, don't you?)

Bardock42
I expanded "to what extent" for you. no expression

Are you not familar with "elaboration?" (You do know that one can elaborate without the "recipient's" request, don't you?) I am familiar with the concept.

dadudemon
I am familiar with the concept.

Thank you for answering. I greatly needed to know your position on that.

Bardock42
Thank you for answering. I greatly needed to know your position on that. You are most welcome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.