Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Opens 9-9-09.

Looks like a good film.

It looks original in concept. Looked fun.

Discuss the upcoming film here.

That ACDC Chick
i cant wait for it
the whole concept and style is beast to the extreme

MildPossession
I wasn't blown away when I saw the trailer last year like I was with the other Burtonsque animation Coraline that's out. It is one I want to see though due to the Burton influence/producing side.

Official site: http://9themovie.com/splash/

Nemesis X
Ack! Not another Tim Burton movie. That dude has an awkward imagination.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Ack! Not another Tim Burton movie. That dude has an awkward imagination.

That's what I like about him. Love that imagination of his.

jinXed by JaNx
I love how Burton tattoo's his name on everything and takes all the credit wink

lmao jk. Yeah, this movie has me excited. The animation looks,well...,new.

MildPossession
He does, but you can really see his influence in everything he does, especially Nightmare Before Christmas, he didn't direct it but it was most definitely HIS film, I don't even bother putting importance on the actual director. He has his turn in Coraline though. You can see influence in 9, but not so much. stick out tongue

Adore Burton's work.

Scythe
JIpZxBczWUg

New trailer, Coheed & Cambria isn't cool imo, but the song works here.

Mairuzu
they suck, but you didnt have to hear the singers voice so its okay 131

MildPossession
Oh is that what the shitty music in the trailer is then. Spoilt the trailer a bit for me.

BruceSkywalker
this seems interesting..

I may take my nephew if he wants to see this

dadudemon
Originally posted by MildPossession
Oh is that what the shitty music in the trailer is then. Spoilt the trailer a bit for me.

While I think the song is good, I didn't like it being used in the trailer. It didn't fit right. What would the point be in assigning a song like that to the trailer? Are they trying to attract an older audience?

What would be a better solution? We can make our own trailers. I'd be willing to spend the time to overlay the soundtrack with something better. smile Chose a song and we'll work it out.

Scythe
Originally posted by Mairuzu
they suck, but you didnt have to hear the singers voice so its okay 131

I agree.

That acoustic opening of the song while the actor's names were presented sorta fit, it was kinda neat.

Röland
I'm actually really looking forward to this and Avatar.

Scythe
Oh yeah, Avatar. I'm anxious to see some previews or hear anything about that film.

Back on topic, the characters in this film remind me of LittleBigPlanet.

Nemesis X
This is a weird plot: The world ends and the only ones left are living rag dolls and machines fighting eachother.

dadudemon
This is a weird plot: The world ends and the only ones left are living rag dolls and machines fighting eachother.
Like I said...unique plot. Though the whole "fight the machines" isn't very unique.

Nemesis X
Tim Burton obviously took that idea from the Terminator series. Instead of humans fighting the machines, it's rag dolls.

We may as well call this movie Terminator vs. Sackboy

Mr. Rhythmic

I thought that the music was perfect for the trailer.

Scythe
Tim Burton obviously took that idea from the Terminator series. Instead of humans fighting the machines, it's rag dolls.

You do realize that hardly anything is original anymore, right? Please tell me you do. Not even Star Wars is original. George Lucas took scenes and basically reshot them in his sci-fi universe. Many of the iconic lightsaber battles were directly taken from Samurai films GL likes.

MildPossession
Hidden Fortress is the main one that influenced George Lucas.

Scythe
Hidden Fortress is the main one that influenced George Lucas. Yeah

Mr. Rhythmic
"9" is one of my must see movies this year.

jamesjack
9 is animation sceince friction movie.But we have to wait until this year end ...

jaden101
I think this will be a love it or hate it movie...Seeing as it's by Timur Bekmambatov (Of the Night watch trilogy and Wanted fame)

I'll be checking it out as I like Bekmambatov's directorial style.

MildPossession
It's not directed by him, it's directed by Shane Ackher, the Night Watch guy is a producer.

jaden101
Is it?...Oh well...I'll still have a watch of it cos the trailer looked decent enough.

tom_servo
Shouldn't this be moved to the Animation forum?

Mr. Rhythmic

Except it wasn't his idea, and there's more to the story than that(by a long shot). The trailer doesn't give you everything.

sheila143
Can;t wait for it man
Looks like a good film.

Kazenji
Official Site

http://www.filminfocus.com/focusfeatures/film/9

Has a trailer on there some scientist transferring his persolnality to the rag doll.

AngryManatee
Just saw the trailer. Looks freakin' sweet!

XanatosForever
Tim Burton's new animated feature was released today. Has anyone seen it yet? Who wants to see it? Personally, I'm hoping to catch it tonight if I'm lucky. smile

Kazenji
FOund out this movie comes out this week in the US and here in Australia for some **** up reason won't be getting it until next year.

Kazenji
Us folks in Australia have to catch it in 2010.........

XanatosForever
Ouch. That sucks.

Kazenji
I agree

might as well find a pirated version by then.

occultdestroyer
Nah, we musn't support illegal activity.

The world would be a much better place without illegal downloads and mods.

Anyways, loved the trailer. And the Coheed & Cambria soundtrack that goes with makes it awesome.

MildPossession
Haven't seen it yet, but I do adore Danny Elfman's score for it, total improvement over the Terminator Salvation score he did. Some points the score for 9 reminded me of Nightmare Before Christmas, all good. smile

MildPossession
Go and see the first original topic in the main film forum. stick out tongue

dadudemon
Saw it. And, yes, I was reminded of the Nightmare before Christmas, with this film.

It is dark...Gothic.

The attention to sound is amazing. All of the little clicks, claps, twists, smacks, whips, cracks. It's delicious to the ears, if you play close attention to the sound.

Story as alright, felt a tad generic. It rang so loudly of "The Matrix" that it was almost absurd. Things such as "the machines rose up against man" and "we must go to the source". Yes, I'm dead serious.

Character development also felt a tad lacking. Very generic personalities.

Good film, though. Nothing spectacular. 6.5 to 7 out of 10.

SnakeEyes
The trailers haven't really impressed me, reviews have been mediocre, I think I'll wait for the DVD.

torontops

Mr. Rhythmic

MildPossession
Tim Burton didn't write or direct it Torontops, he only produced it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Nah, we musn't support illegal activity.

The world would be a much better place without illegal downloads and mods.

Not my problem..........

Ms.Marvel
the world would be a much better place if everything was free. big grin

Kazenji
Also less ****ing around with release dates would help.

Ms.Marvel
laughing

Robtard
Movie was fun. They story itself was lacking, but the character design, especially the villains was great. More eye-candy than anything; worth the watch though.

super pr*xy
i was thinking the matrix the whole damn time i was watching. but the animation was tops. better than sorority row..

finntastic54
Good but not great... shallow storyline...good effects.

Billy

jinXed by JaNx
Saw this at the cheap seats after work today. The animation was great and the action sequences were quite thrilling and well directed but i was bored out of my mind through most of the movie. I'm not sure why this is. The story is definitely your standard sci-fi fare but it's an animated movie, so i obviously wasn't expecting anything ground breaking there. The story definitely justifies the existence of the movie but i think it was the characters and environments that bored me so much. The voice actors did a great job but i never felt any connection to the characters for some reason. I really didn't care what happened to them.

For an animated film it's definitely above average and for a $1 i definitely had a satisfying theater experience lol If you like sci-fi and animation there isn't any reason to pass over this one.

Steak Knife
I'll probably never see it.

NemeBro
Thanks for that contributing comment. no expression

Saw this a while back, the CGI was really good and the action was fine, but the plotline was kinda lacking, with the exception of 1, who seemed to be the only sensible character in the whole ****ing movie, with 9 being a moron.

That ACDC Chick
that movie rocked so hard
but unfortunately i had to experience its level of win solo-like cause my family refused to see it with me aweweep

flyawayjane
It's a good film,I like it.

maham
Originally posted by NemeBro

Saw this a while back, the CGI was really good and the action was fine, but the plotline was kinda lacking, with the exception of 1, who seemed to be the only sensible character in the whole ****ing movie, with 9 being a moron.
LOL! ANd I ACTUALLY laughed at this one.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by NemeBro

Yea, it really felt like they would have been better off had 9 never shown up. And I thought the movie was too short to try to tell the story they were trying to tell. It was a good movie, but it really felt like it was lacking in the character development department.

Impediment
I only just now saw this film.

It was mediocre, at best.

FanTASTIC CGI!

Dark and gothic scenery. Oh, yeah!

Storyline, continuity, and character development? Hell. no.

It was, literally, one scene of action to another.

I was bewildered during every act.

This movie was, in fact, eye candy to the tee.

Still, it suffered from lack of pacing and development.

7 from 10.

K.Diddy
beer I do intend to check this out eventually,I'm not really expecting much though

Mr Parker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Opens 9-9-09.

Looks like a good film.

Discuss the upcoming film here.
that far down the road huh? looking forward to it,cant wait,I really enjoy musicals.

SnakeEyes
Different 9 ^

And what do you mean "that far down the road"? 2009 was... well, last year bro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.