X-men: first class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
I recently found out about a 4th x-men movie (5th if you include the wolverine movie) I know wiki isn't always known for being reliable I found this info:

X-Men: First Class is intended to be about the young Cyclops, Jean, Beast and others who attended Xavier's school with them. Zak Penn revealed he was offered to direct the spin-off in 2007, which he explained, "The original idea was to have me do a young X-Men spin-off, a spin-off of the young X-Men characters. But someone came up with a pretty interesting idea it was this guy who worked with me named Mike Chamoy, he worked a lot with me on X3. He came up with how to do a young X-Men movie which is not what you'd expect." Penn later compared the idea to the comic book series X-Men: First Class, and in July 2008, Fox filed the title X-Men: First Class with Production Weekly. In May 2008, Josh Schwartz joined the project. Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg will produce

Ridley_Prime
So basically, it's a movie version of X-Men Evolution? Oh joy. Not really a sequel to X3 then.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
I recently found out about a 4th x-men movie (5th if you include the wolverine movie) I know wiki isn't always known for being reliable I found this info:

X-Men: First Class is intended to be about the young Cyclops, Jean, Beast and others who attended Xavier's school with them. Zak Penn revealed he was offered to direct the spin-off in 2007, which he explained, "The original idea was to have me do a young X-Men spin-off, a spin-off of the young X-Men characters. But someone came up with a pretty interesting idea it was this guy who worked with me named Mike Chamoy, he worked a lot with me on X3. He came up with how to do a young X-Men movie which is not what you'd expect." Penn later compared the idea to the comic book series X-Men: First Class, and in July 2008, Fox filed the title X-Men: First Class with Production Weekly. In May 2008, Josh Schwartz joined the project. Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg will produce

this is true.. there has been a lot of talk about an X-Men movie featuring mutants when they were young

Ridley_Prime
meh At this rate, they might as well make a movie about that alternate universe featuring the legendary Dark Claw! dur (also known as Logan Wayne) 20th Century Fox sees how much of a success The Dark Knight was, so they'll try to do the same with Wolverine by fusing him with the goddamn Batman! Just imagine how awesome it would be seeing Dark Claw fight Hyena (a Joker/Sabretooth fusion) with horrible CGI! Creativity at its finest, mirite?

Paola
Another Wolverine based X-Men movie? erm don't you get tired of him?... but if done I'll go see it! CGI and everything...

So... about "First Class" is it really getting done?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Paola
Another Wolverine based X-Men movie? erm don't you get tired of him?... but if done I'll go see it! CGI and everything...

You should go see it.. You may or may not like it

As for X-Men: First Class right now FOX is just talking about it, if it is gonna happen prolly not for a few years

Placidity

If the movie is going to part of the main continuity, Wolverine won't be in it because the first time he meets the X-men was in X1.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Placidity
If the movie is going to part of the main continuity, Wolverine won't be in it because the first time he meets the X-men was in X1.
Thankfully.

Paola
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
You should go see it.. You may or may not like it

As for X-Men: First Class right now FOX is just talking about it, if it is gonna happen prolly not for a few years

I'll be dead in a "few years" stick out tongue

Originally posted by Placidity

Yep, I know, smart me and my "no quoting" way of posting... First part of my reply was about the "Darkclaw" idea on CGI, posted by Mr Ridley Prime sir just above me.

Ridley_Prime
Ah, I didn't realize that first part was in response to my post. Guess the no quoting thing threw me off too.

Anyhow, I was joking about the whole Dark Claw movie idea. laughing out loud I actually am tired of Logan as much as the next person here. stick out tongue Dark Claw does exist though unfortunately as you probably know. no expression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Claw

Sad thing is, at this point, I actually can kinda see Fox making a film out of something like that. haermm

Paola
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Ah, I didn't realize that first part was in response to my post. Guess the no quoting thing threw me off too.

Anyhow, I was joking about the whole Dark Claw movie idea. laughing out loud I actually am tired of Logan as much as the next person here. stick out tongue Dark Claw does exist though unfortunately as you probably know. no expression

Sad thing is, at this point, I actually can kinda see Fox making a film out of something like that. haermm
yep, I know Dark Claw and all the Marvel/DC mergings... how is it called? Forgot the name, sorry.

FOX ruined universe 616, they might as well ruin other timeplots too... I'll go see it anyway stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker

il iked dark claw though smile

BruceSkywalker
yep, I know Dark Claw and all the Marvel/DC mergings... how is it called? Forgot the name, sorry.

FOX ruined universe 616, they might as well ruin other timeplots too... I'll go see it anyway stick out tongue

it was the amalgam universe

BruceSkywalker
I'll be dead in a "few years" stick out tongue

Nah, because I will keep you alive forever and ever big grin

Paola
it was the amalgam universe

right! thx a bunch!

Nah, because I will keep you alive forever and ever big grin

like a vampire! vampire sounds appealing...

SO... Magneto first, then Deadpool and then... First Class?

BruceSkywalker
right! thx a bunch!

like a vampire! vampire sounds appealing...

SO... Magneto first, then Deadpool and then... First Class?

yep big grin

I think so, first Magneto, then Deadpool and then First Class, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wolverine 2 comes out before Deadpool

Paola
Wolverine 2? huh

*dies*

steverules_2
It'll be set in Japan I heard...as for a deadpool movie it wouldn't be an origins movie

BruceSkywalker
Wolverine 2? huh

*dies*

"brings you back to life" stick out tongue

It'll be set in Japan I heard...as for a deadpool movie it wouldn't be an origins movie

Deadpool's saga will prolly continue after the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine..

As for Wolverine 2 being set in Japan bring on Shingen Harada and The Silver Samurai.. I have already started a letter writing campaign for Ken Watanabe yes yes smile

steverules_2
Deadpool's saga will prolly continue after the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine..

As for Wolverine 2 being set in Japan bring on Shingen Harada and The Silver Samurai.. I have already started a letter writing campaign for Ken Watanabe yes yes smile

Oh dear Lord your writing a letter to them sad If we get wolverine in a tutu and having sabes and wolverine having a baking competition then I'm blaming you

BruceSkywalker
Oh dear Lord your writing a letter to them sad If we get wolverine in a tutu and having sabes and wolverine having a baking competition then I'm blaming you

laughing laughing laughing laughing I do hope that the sequel will be good

steverules_2
I hope so to...but I'm hoping if first class happens it's done right, this'll be the first x-men movie without wolverine...unless they decide to have a scene with him in

Paola
*comes back from death* thx Mark!

So... First Class will be based in X-Men comics from the beginning or in the "First Class" comics written not so long ago? Or it will be based in absolutely nothing like the X-Men movies and give the original team a whole new story?

BruceSkywalker
*comes back from death* thx Mark!

So... First Class will be based in X-Men comics from the beginning or in the "First Class" comics written not so long ago? Or it will be based in absolutely nothing like the X-Men movies and give the original team a whole new story?

no problem, paola..

as far as I know X-Men: First Class maybe a combination of both, but as long as its a good story it should be good

Paola
It better be good considering we will wait like 8 years for it erm

Raoul
It better be good considering we will wait like 8 years for it erm

yup.

i really hope they do this properly... hell, if they copied x-men evolution, they'd be sorted...

Paola
No please anything but Evo!!

Raoul

the first two seasons were crap, but the second two were actually half decent, imo...

not on the level of the 90s show, but not bad either...

BruceSkywalker

I liked most episodes smile

Paola
I liked it too but why making it a movie when there's plenty of material out there?

Ridley_Prime
Why indeed...

Oh well. If they manage to introduce Apocalypse in the epic way that they did around the last season of Evolution (among other things), I'm not complainin'. stick out tongue Highly unlikely that'll happen though.

BruceSkywalker
I liked it too but why making it a movie when there's plenty of material out there?

I think seeing a live action version may work if done properly , but prolly at this point in time, I doubt if it would be made

steverules_2
I think that the movie will show how they came together and then they battle magneto, I think it's only right they have him since he was the first villain they faces, he was in the very first x-men comic if I remember correctly

Davis Bloome
I'm really liking the idea behind this because there's a potential chance we'll see a lot more of Cyclops, especially since in the last four films he hasn't had a hell of a lot of screentime. Also, if they do have to battle Magneto, I hope they recast Ian McKellan with someone who's older, but looks much more youthful. McKellan did an okay job to me and I don't mind sitting through his performances in the first three movies, but I'd much rather they recast. I doubt it'll happen but it'd be nice.

steverules_2
I think they'll go with Ian again

Davis Bloome
I'm sure they could find someone else, I hope they do.

steverules_2
I dunno...they may do

Davis Bloome
You think they'll get back the same guy that portrayed Cyclops in XMOW for XMFC?

Silke
Could be .. it would work, age-wise, depending on how much they want to show. They might go with someone younger-looking for Mags though, or use the deaging technique again (seeing how he was portrayed by McKellen when they supposedly picked up Jean). You guys think they'll use the same girl who played Jean in X3?

steverules_2
I dunno...they may do but it depends how old she is and how old they want them in the film

Davis Bloome
I doubt that'll happen because in the movie Scott looks to be about 17 or 18 and Jean is usually depicted as being the same age or possibly a little older and the girl who portrayed Jean when she was a kid in X3 is only about 15 or 16.

Silke
She was born in 1992 and thus has just turned 17. But you are right, he is older, he was born in 1985 and will turn 24 in October. So that's probably not happening. I didn't like her that much anyway ..

Raoul
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
You think they'll get back the same guy that portrayed Cyclops in XMOW for XMFC?

hopefully not. if they do make this movie, i really hope its a fresh start...

Davis Bloome
I just think it'd be best to get the guy from the Wolverine movie and let us see what he can do with the role. But, if they get someone new I won't complain.

DarthLazious
So who do you guys think will play the young Jean Grey, and Beast?

I can handle a sequel to Wolverine just not a spinoff to Deadpool or Magneto.

Ridley_Prime
A spinoff to Deadpool or Magneto sounds better than a Wolverine sequel though no expression (mostly the latter).

As for Beast, I was rather satisfied with how he was portrayed in The Last Stand (even though the film was pretty lackluster overall), so I'd like him to be done basically the same way in First Class, besides being a little younger maybe.

steverules_2
Are we to assume that the news reporter in X2 on the TV in the bar scene with mystique and the prison guard was just someone with same real name as beast? I forget his real name

Paola
Henry 'Hank' McCoy? He wasn't a reporter, he was Beast himself

steverules_2
Ok so then in x-men first class Beast wouldn't appear? I mean unless when he was a reporter he had his mutant powers and no one knew about them...I'm guessing they'd just go along with the idea that beast got his blue fur when he became a mutant, which is different from the comics but then the films change certain aspects of a character

DarthLazious
That they do.

Shadow_King
I think if they were to do this movie i do not think it will have anything to do with the x-men trilogy, They are just gonna reboot the whole franchise, or i could be wrong.

Silke
Ok so then in x-men first class Beast wouldn't appear? I mean unless when he was a reporter he had his mutant powers and no one knew about them...I'm guessing they'd just go along with the idea that beast got his blue fur when he became a mutant, which is different from the comics but then the films change certain aspects of a character

Hrm .. it's been a while since I last watched the movie but .. Beast/ Hank McCoy was no reporter, I don't think. He was on TV, in a discussion about mutants/mutation, being interviewed or in a round table sort of situation, but he wasn't the reporter doing the interviewing.

And .. in the comics, Beast didn't become a mutant, he started out as mutant with large hands/feet and an extraordinary intellect, the blue fur and animalistic look came later though (after .. he took something? I'm hazy on the details but didn't he pull a Mad Professor Self Experimentation stunt on himself or something like that?). In any case - it would still work to have him in a First Class movie, without the fur, just like he was in the comic early years.

Raoul
It was in X-Factor, iirc. He was experimented on, i think...

Silke
*tries to remember* I'm sure you are right *chuckles*

steverules_2
Originally posted by Silke
Hrm .. it's been a while since I last watched the movie but .. Beast/ Hank McCoy was no reporter, I don't think. He was on TV, in a discussion about mutants/mutation, being interviewed or in a round table sort of situation, but he wasn't the reporter doing the interviewing.

And .. in the comics, Beast didn't become a mutant, he started out as mutant with large hands/feet and an extraordinary intellect, the blue fur and animalistic look came later though (after .. he took something? I'm hazy on the details but didn't he pull a Mad Professor Self Experimentation stunt on himself or something like that?). In any case - it would still work to have him in a First Class movie, without the fur, just like he was in the comic early years.

I didn't know he wasn't the reporter, been a while since I've seen X2

I'm not the biggest beast fan (not saying I dislike the character) so I haven't really done my....beast homework so to speak, I thought that mutants eventually got their powers in their teenage years but then I guess thats just for some mutants. As for beast being in first class I think it wouldn't be so great, sure he'd be a good character and all but if he didn't have the fur then people who are non comic readers would be confused as to why he had no fur unless he gets it later on in the film. He got his fur when he drank a chemical that enduced mutations, because it was gonna be stolen he decided to drink it.

BruceSkywalker
All right here is some news...

Anna Paquin may return as Roque..

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEHxxHLLicDtLK

Ridley_Prime
mmm
Question is, will she give Rogue more of a personality, if one at all? stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
mmm
Question is, will she give Rogue more of a personality, if one at all? stick out tongue

you never know, perhaps

steverules_2
Why would she be in it? confused

magnuslives
if they did anything with the franchise, as in having a movie chronologically after the last stand, as the rogue thing suggests, i think that they should kind of reboot it, if possible, kinda like wht happened with the hulk. but theres the problem of it being fox, not marvel.... erm

steverules_2
If they are having an origin type movie then I don't think Rogue should or would be in it...unless they are rebooting and decide to change things again like they always do, I wasn't a fan of Rogue in the movies but thats just my opinion

jdea
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=17023682#post17023682

What about these guys^

Marvel Girl---Hayley Ramm (17, from X3 flashback for continuity)
Cylcops------Tim Pocok (23, from XMOW for continuity)
Beast--------Andy Lawrence (21, looks like Steve Bacic, human beast in X2)
White Queen--Tahyna Tozzi (23, from XMOW for continuity)

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61682

Ridley_Prime
Interesting.. but at the same time, I remain skeptical. I'll probably just lay the movie aside like I did X-Men Origins if it ends up being another thing focused mainly around Wolverine.

Kazenji
Hope you know WOlverine was'nt there in the beginning.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah. I know, but they could end up sticking him in there anyway as some kind of subplot. Movies aren't required to follow continuity.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid though.

Kazenji
. Movies aren't required to follow continuity.

Yeah when Fox is involved.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61682

well f*ck that.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8934

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/bryan-singer-wont-direct-x-men-first-class-but-will-produce/140752/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.