More origins movies??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stickman618
well it is called "X-men Origins" with the subtitle "Wolverine"

and judging from the after-the-credits scene there might be a sequel

Halle Berry expressed interests in a Storm movie, but if it was about her origin, she wouldn't be in it

one i'd like to watch is Mystique's origin

Prof. X would also be interesting but because of X3, it showed no relation between him and Juggernaut, and no Juggs in his origin wouldn't seem that fun... no pun intended

Nightcrawler would also be cool i guess

Paola
Rogue would be cooler

Magneto is next to be done, me thinks.

stickman618
well they pretty much did Rogue in the first X-men movie

and yeah, Magneto's origin would be cool too, it was also shown in the first movie, but not all of it

Paola
hmmm damn! you right! I just wish to see her fly and have this super strength and the accent... redo the whole thing.... but that wouldn't be her origins erm

And Magneto's would HAVE TO include part of Xavier's origin as well as the making of Cerebro, Wanda and Pietro... so much to explore droolio

Placidity
The only one that seems to be most likely going ahead is Magneto.

Although there is "talk" of Deadpool.

And talking of Pietro, he actually had a cameo in Wolverine, did anyone else spot that? He was one of the young prisoners.

Paola
haven't seen Wolverine, I don't mind about spoilers but others would so don't spoil "Wolverine" too much please

And about Deadpool I've heard he got totally screwed and no fan on earth liked it a bit, they better make a real good spin-off!

BruceSkywalker
FOX wanted to see how X-Men Origins : Wolverine did and since it made nearly $90 million opening weekend and it will undoubtedly make close to $400 million worldwide.. X-Men Origins : Magneto will be greenlit ..

As for Storm, prolly not, but you never know

Originally posted by Placidity

And talking of Pietro, he actually had a cameo in Wolverine, did anyone else spot that? He was one of the young prisoners.

Deadpool will happen and yeah I saw Pietro

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Paola
Magneto is next to be done, me thinks.
Apparently so, but after him they should have X-Men Origins: Gambit on the double! 131

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Apparently so, but after him they should have X-Men Origins: Gambit on the double! 131

Gambit, albeit as portrayed by someone else may appear in X4 if FOX finally decides to do it

stickman618
a Gambit movie would be good

Paola
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

eek! X-Men Origins: Rogue and then Gambit!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Gambit, albeit as portrayed by someone else may appear in X4 if FOX finally decides to do it

They had been giving us Gambit since X3, I remember back in the old days how all of us were expecting him to at least have a cameo in it and nothing! Maybe if Bryan Singer hadn't drop the project roll eyes (sarcastic)... anyway, I don't think an X4 will be done as much as I'd love them to, and as much as the X3 "after credits" last scene made us think it could be one...

Placidity
I'm definitely up for Magneto, Deadpool and Gambit.

I would love to see Sinister somewhere, but he'd probably look crap unless he was a CGI dude like Yoda.

Also I think the idea of a Storm origins movie is terribad. I mean most of it would be in Africa. And also Storm can't carry a movie.

Placidity
Also, not that the current Gambit wasn't good, but I think the guy from Lost would do an even better job.

Paola
Storm is good... the death of her parents, her claustrophobia, her life in the village where she was looked up like a goddess, her thief years and how she was rescued by Gambit... sounds interesting to me. Though I think no one but me would find it interesting so I'll shut up.

Morlock Massacre in Gambit spin-off please! droolio

stickman618
i think Storm would make a good origin movie, especially since Halle Berry won't be in it

and there's not much they can do about Rogue since her origin is quite brief in X1, sorry

and i also don't think that the Morlock Massacre will be featured in a Gambit movie, mainly because of X3, sorry again, you know who to blame

X3 also ruined any chance of an interesting Prof. X origin movie as i mentioned before

i'd watch the Deadpool movie only if he loses the sword arms, and eye blasts, i'm not sure why they had to include those powers, how the heck can he flex his arms if he has swords hidden in them? it's stupid and illogical, his comic book are fine the way they are, although i don't mind making his teleportation a power

Genosha
So...I'm guessing that I would be the only one to say 'Please God no!!!' to more of these 'rip out the sole of your favorite characters and stomp on it movies.

Shadow_King
ya i would agree with you there genosha.

Raoul

They had been giving us Gambit since X3, I remember back in the old days how all of us were expecting him to at least have a cameo in it and nothing! Maybe if Bryan Singer hadn't drop the project roll eyes (sarcastic)... anyway, I don't think an X4 will be done as much as I'd love them to, and as much as the X3 "after credits" last scene made us think it could be one...

singer sucked and you know it... uhuh

SpaceMonkey
Magneto is next. Maybe Gambit or Jean Grey after that?

Scoobless
Originally posted by stickman618
well it is called "X-men Origins" with the subtitle "Wolverine"

1:22 - 1:47

T74RD2ZDgJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74RD2ZDgJw&feature=channel_page

Ridley_Prime
That works too. stick out tongue

I would love to see Sinister somewhere, but he'd probably look crap unless he was a CGI dude like Yoda.
Yeah. Same with Apocalypse I guess, unfortunately.

BruceSkywalker

Yeah Singer should have stayed, had he did then X3 would 've been helluva lot better...

Also, not that the current Gambit wasn't good, but I think the guy from Lost would do an even better job.

Kitsch did a decent job I thought.. As for Sawyer from Lost he was rumored, shame they never backed that rumor up..

Originally posted by Genosha
So...I'm guessing that I would be the only one to say 'Please God no!!!' to more of these 'rip out the sole of your favorite characters and stomp on it movies.

As long as these movies continue be successful there will be more

Raoul
As long as these movies continue be successful there will be more

which is the problem lol...

Kazenji
Yeah Singer should have stayed, had he did then X3 would 've been helluva lot better...

Even Chris Claremont agree's on that.

Raoul
Originally posted by Kazenji

claremont's senile. if singer had stayed, we would have gotten another wolverine fest. at least X3 had large scaled action...

Paola
Well then I guess you're gonna kill me for what I'll say but I liked both Singer's and Rattner's X-Men, I'm sorry, I enjoyed them tons bag

Maybe if Singer stayed in X3 he would have included Gambit.

Raoul
Well then I guess you're gonna kill me for what I'll say but I liked both Singer's and Rattner's X-Men, I'm sorry, I enjoyed them tons bag

Maybe if Singer stayed in X3 he would have included Gambit.

both just weren't good enough, imo.

singer sucked at action, ratner was good at it.

ratner sucked at storytelling, singer excelled at it, as long as it was wolverine or rogue and none of the other perfectly worthwhile origins.

sad

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Raoul
which is the problem lol...

how would you fix them?

Originally posted by Kazenji

I read that once..

anyway I would love to see Havok or perhaps someone like Vulcan get a movie..

dadudemon
I would love to see more of these types of films done.

Some origins stories don't even have to be the same as the comic, as long as they are intelligent, entertaining, and immerse the audience into their plight.

If they do do a Juggernaut, I hope they scratch the Juggernaut character and make a better...closer to the comic. They can keep the coloring..Juggernaut's helmet needs improvement, as well as his size. (Big time on the size.) A Juggernaut Origins could be quite interesting and fun. (We could even end it "full circle" when Jugs makes amends and joins up with the X-men...it's done more than once...Me thinks the first time, post-Cyttorak, would be the story that could finish up the film, or something.

Ditto. I don't see why comic fans can't like the films and the comics. Granted, there was room for improvement in all three films...they are still fun.

stickman618
my only problem was the third film

did i already say a Nightcrawler movie would be good??

they have him in the circus and show Stryker capturing him, i really am curious as to how one goes about capturing a teleporter, besides throwing Samuel L. Jackson at them

Darth Jello

I thought that was Whirlwind

Raoul
how would you fix them?

the x-men movies? or origins? i havent seen origins, and don't plan to...

Originally posted by dadudemon
Ditto. I don't see why comic fans can't like the films and the comics. Granted, there was room for improvement in all three films...they are still fun.

not when they ruin your favourite character who should by all rights be done properly... erm

starlock
Yes...they should make more Origin movies..and of course more X-men movies in general, i loved the Wolverine movie....and i think that Xmen 3 is still the weak link in the X-men franchise....how do you even attempt to kill Cyclops,Jean,And xavier....and actually get away with it?....Cyclops to me is the X-men...and he needs his time in the spotlight...i actually think thats why he was in wolverine....i would bet that he has an origin movie in the works...i could see them making the transition from an orphanage to wolverines movie and then some.....and i would love for them to get all of the characters right...but i wont let it ruin my experience...if its a good movie wink

Raoul
The X-Men movies (all of em uhuh) at a glance...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/20060605cyclops.png

stickman618
LOL

dadudemon
not when they ruin your favourite character who should by all rights be done properly... erm

B-b-but, WHY does it have to be as close as possible to the comic book? Why can't it be a new interpretation on the character? You do know that it is considered a different universe, right?

I look at it as a different universe and, therefore, a different take on things. Differences are then both bad and good. I liked the smartass rivalry between Cyke and Wolvie. Twas a little different from what I was used to in the comics.

Most of all, I probably enjoyed it because of the powers being realized on live action. That was teh cooliez. big grin

Of course, I hated the gimping of iceman....LAME!

Raoul
B-b-but, WHY does it have to be as close as possible to the comic book? Why can't it be a new interpretation on the character? You do know that it is considered a different universe, right?

I look at it as a different universe and, therefore, a different take on things. Differences are then both bad and good. I liked the smartass rivalry between Cyke and Wolvie. Twas a little different from what I was used to in the comics.

Most of all, I probably enjoyed it because of the powers being realized on live action. That was teh cooliez. big grin

Of course, I hated the gimping of iceman....LAME!

it isn't JUST about how I want it.

it's supposed to be an X-MEN movie. Since the 60s, when the X-Men were introduced, Cyclops has been one of the central characters. Even when Wolverine came along, that didn't take away from Cyclops. He was still, and is to this day, one of the central if not THE main x-man in the main x-books.

of course it's a different universe, but that's hardly the point.

would you have any problems with them making the avengers, but shortchanging captain america or iron man? what about the justice league with no superman or batman? or the fantastic four with no reed or sue? if they had left cyclops out, then fine, i wouldn't have cared, but the fact that they included him and then proceeded to bastardise the character AND his relationship with jean just to make wolverine look good was pitiful, imo.

i know cyclops is hated. fine. that still doesn't change the fact that he is one of the central x-men, and has been for around fifty years. he's been a major part of the x-men franchise since day 1. he's had a key role in almost every single major storyline since the comics started.

it's supposed to be an x-men movie. you can change things, hell, it's to be expected, but you still have to remain faithful in some sense to the actual characters from the source media. the movies didn't do that in cyclop's case, which is a damn travesty given his history.

BruceSkywalker
the x-men movies? or origins? i havent seen origins, and don't plan to...

sad sad Even though you aren't, you should ..

Raoul
sad sad Even though you aren't, you should ..

i've talked to people who've seen it... the more i hear about it, the more i feel myself not wanting to watch it, tbh...

Nighty101
Hey guys. I'm pretty sure that I heard X-MEN ORIGINS MAGNETO was up next. And that they were either gonna have beast or nightcrawler in it. So far everyone's wanting nightcrawler smile but I think he deserves his on ORIGINS movie. He is AWESOME. I mean .... when I guy is chucked over a bridge by his mother AT BIRTH, he's gotta have an interesting life. From mobs... to circus, to Germany, to more mobs, to X-Man.... wow he REALLY needs a film

Silke
he wasn't thrown over a bridge, he was thrown over a waterfall :P

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/SilkeMMM/Nightcrawler/baby2.jpg

Raoul
maybe he was referring to the cartoon?

Silke
maybe she was *shrugs*

Ridley_Prime
lol Probably.

Menetnashté
Deadpool is officially, looking forward to it smile

THE JLRTENJAC
Deadpool...

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/wolverines-ryan-reynolds-dives-deadpool-spinoff-20090506

Mindset

stickman618
they have to show how Stryker captures him

sure that means the movie won't have a happy ending, but at least it will tie in to X2, unlike the Wolverine movie

KingD19
Origins was cool because of the captured mutants. They had Emma Frost(Although they only showed her diamond form, not her telepathy, which really makes no sense considering the diamond form was a secondary mutation), Cyclops, Quicksilver, Toad, and Storm, and a few other nameless mutants

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mindset
And that is the only reason I'm glad Wolverine did well, even though imo it was bad.

...and then I read this:
...That's...upsetting

KingD19
I wish they would make an origin story for Colossus or Juggernaut, we need to see some strong guys. But the Magneto movie will hopefully show a bunch of his magnetic powers.

stickman618
read the fourth paragraph and tell me what's wrong
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/wolverines-ryan-reynolds-dives-deadpool-spinoff-20090506

Paola
dontknow

but i like this:

Is that guy Schwartz good enough?

BruceSkywalker
dontknow

but i like this:

for movies i am not sure..

i liked the o.c. and i like his other show chuck

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by KingD19
I wish they would make an origin story for Colossus or Juggernaut, we need to see some strong guys.
Or Apocalypse for that matter smile, but yeah. The Magneto origins movie should be interesting with it focusing more on his past with the Holocaust and what not.

At first I almost read that as Schwarzenegger. laughing out loud

dadudemon
it isn't JUST about how I want it.

Well, after reading your post, it is closer to how you want it than I thought.

it's supposed to be an X-MEN movie. Since the 60s, when the X-Men were introduced, Cyclops has been one of the central characters. Even when Wolverine came along, that didn't take away from Cyclops. He was still, and is to this day, one of the central if not THE main x-man in the main x-books.

Oh, sure, I like Cyke.

of course it's a different universe, but that's hardly the point.

No, that's the entire point. Different universe, different stories unfold. erm

would you have any problems with them making the avengers, but shortchanging captain america or iron man? what about the justice league with no superman or batman? or the fantastic four with no reed or sue? if they had left cyclops out, then fine, i wouldn't have cared, but the fact that they included him and then proceeded to bastardise the character AND his relationship with jean just to make wolverine look good was pitiful, imo.

Yes, I could do without all of those characters. Do you understand now why it is something you want? You're so hung on the characters and stories from the comics that it prevents you from being able to enjoy the "original" story in universe 10005.

Think about the majority of the viewing audience....do they REALLY know the intricacies of Earth 616 characters?

i know cyclops is hated. fine.

He is? Why? I liked him and was pissed that they thought it was okay to kill of Cyke.

that still doesn't change the fact that he is one of the central x-men, and has been for around fifty years. he's been a major part of the x-men franchise since day 1. he's had a key role in almost every single major storyline since the comics started.

it's supposed to be an x-men movie. you can change things, hell, it's to be expected, but you still have to remain faithful in some sense to the actual characters from the source media. the movies didn't do that in cyclop's case, which is a damn travesty given his history.

It's so weird because now you're posting things that are similar to what I said above. And, they did remain faithful in some sense to Scott. They just happened to change his fate in "this" universe. And, no, they don't have to remain faithful at all.

In this universe, was Cyke an intelligent leader with a "take charge" attitude? I didn't see it.

Raoul
Well, after reading your post, it is closer to how you want it than I thought.

Oh, sure, I like Cyke.

No, that's the entire point. Different universe, different stories unfold. erm

Yes, I could do without all of those characters. Do you understand now why it is something you want? You're so hung on the characters and stories from the comics that it prevents you from being able to enjoy the "original" story in universe 10005.

Think about the majority of the viewing audience....do they REALLY know the intricacies of Earth 616 characters?

He is? Why? I liked him and was pissed that they thought it was okay to kill of Cyke.

It's so weird because now you're posting things that are similar to what I said above. And, they did remain faithful in some sense to Scott. They just happened to change his fate in "this" universe. And, no, they don't have to remain faithful at all.

In this universe, was Cyke an intelligent leader with a "take charge" attitude? I didn't see it.

you can't be serious. no expression

Ridley_Prime
Me too. sad

Raoul
hmm, just realised i wasn't very clear. i was talking about this:

And, no, they don't have to remain faithful at all.

why on earth wouldnt they be faithful? what's the point in calling him cyclops if he doesn't have the same characteristics as cyclops? a visor and a red beam does not a cyclops make.

its a movie based on comic characters. when doing that, you try to carry over the character's personality, the kind of role they have, just a general sense of who they are and what they're like.

they didn't do that with cyclops.

who said they had to?

which is what he's supposed to be. logan's a gruff loner, the professor is an educated, brilliant, compassionate man, and cyclops is the field leader in every sense.

dadudemon
hmm, just realised i wasn't very clear. i was talking about this:

why on earth wouldnt they be faithful? what's the point in calling him cyclops if he doesn't have the same characteristics as cyclops? a visor and a red beam does not a cyclops make.

You of all people should know of all the different universes out there. I am not going to waste both our times by explaining differences among the universes. no expression

its a movie based on comic characters. when doing that, you try to carry over the character's personality, the kind of role they have, just a general sense of who they are and what they're like.

No "they" don't, obviously. They don't have to, either. And they can and did adjust personalities, abilities, and plot. Different universe, man. That's how it works. Of course, the people that would be upset about those minor differences are usually comic book fans who don't like things changed too much from 616. I am a comic book fan who does NOT mind things being changed. Of course, I can be disappointed by the changes, but I can still appreciate it as a separate universe.

they didn't do that with cyclops.

I agree. Like I said, I was disappointed that we didn't get to see the intelligent tactician and leader that Cyke is...AND, he got killed. sad

who said they had to?

You must be joking.

You're making an argument how Cyke's differences, and other differences like it, made the movies worse or less enjoyable for you. Obviously, they have to keep closer to 616 for you than it was actually done. My point still stands, though.

which is what he's supposed to be. logan's a gruff loner, the professor is an educated, brilliant, compassionate man, and cyclops is the field leader in every sense.

I feel that they got some aspects of Wolvie's personality right, but, yeah, I didn't like what they did with Cyke. He turned out to be a whiny college age kid with an ego problem rather than a usually level headed tactician and leader.

Ridley_Prime
I agree. Like I said, I was disappointed that we didn't get to see the intelligent tactician and leader that Cyke is...AND, he got killed. sad
In the most anticlimactic way possible I might add.

Raoul
No "they" don't, obviously. They don't have to, either. And they can and did adjust personalities, abilities, and plot. Different universe, man. That's how it works. Of course, the people that would be upset about those minor differences are usually comic book fans who don't like things changed too much from 616. I am a comic book fan who does NOT mind things being changed. Of course, I can be disappointed by the changes, but I can still appreciate it as a separate universe.

then what's the point in making a movie and using those names if they aren't going to actually be somewhat faithful to the characters? bar money of course...

actually, no, they don't.

the x-men show in the 90s AND x-men evolution both took massive liberties when adapting their universes, and i still enjoyed them. i enjoyed the first, what, 70, i think it was, issues of ultimate x-men.

so no, they don't have to have it identical to 616.

dadudemon
then what's the point in making a movie and using those names if they aren't going to actually be somewhat faithful to the characters? bar money of course...

I see your point here and I agree with it.

They should at least follow the personalities and the powers to a T...from there, they can adjust the plot or make stories unfold with those characters as they see fit. (Mind you, keeping back stories, families, and past relationships as close as reasonable.)

actually, no, they don't.

the x-men show in the 90s AND x-men evolution both took massive liberties when adapting their universes, and i still enjoyed them. i enjoyed the first, what, 70, i think it was, issues of ultimate x-men.

so no, they don't have to have it identical to 616.

You should note that I didn't post "identical" or "exactly" or any term that indicated an extreme closeness to 616 plot. There's a reason for that, too. If you will note that it was exactly worded, "they have to keep closer to 616 for you than it was actually done.", to avoid what you posted above. (But it failed in avoidence.) Obviously, the implied contrapositve, contextually derived from my side of the conversation, implies: they did not have to keep closer to 616 than was was done. However, I digress. I would like to have, at least, seen Scott be an actual leader and NOT die. sad

I could actually go down each film and, piece by piece, tell you what I didn't like about the alterations to characters and powers. A list, I am sure, you would agree with.

Raoul
I see your point here and I agree with it.

They should at least follow the personalities and the powers to a T...from there, they can adjust the plot or make stories unfold with those characters as they see fit. (Mind you, keeping back stories, families, and past relationships as close as reasonable.)

You should note that I didn't post "identical" or "exactly" or any term that indicated an extreme closeness to 616 plot. There's a reason for that, too. If you will note that it was exactly worded, "they have to keep closer to 616 for you than it was actually done.", to avoid what you posted above. (But it failed in avoidence.) Obviously, the implied contrapositve, contextually derived from my side of the conversation, implies: they did not have to keep closer to 616 than was was done. However, I digress. I would like to have, at least, seen Scott be an actual leader and NOT die. sad

I could actually go down each film and, piece by piece, tell you what I didn't like about the alterations to characters and powers. A list, I am sure, you would agree with.

most likely.

so the debate was about what, exactly?

dadudemon
most likely.

so the debate was about what, exactly?

How you disliked the general change of various things and how I liked the general change of things...with exceptions to each of our respective interpretations.

To put it better into perspective, 5 being neutral, 10 being the best, 1 being the worst...

Our perspectives on the films (not rating the film, but rating the nature of the adaptations), you would rate them a 4 and I a 6.

Ergo, our slightly, yet different, opinions.

Now, I'm sure you enjoyed the films...but probably not as much as I did. Amirite?

Raoul
How you disliked the general change of various things and how I liked the general change of things...with exceptions to each of our respective interpretations.

To put it better into perspective, 5 being neutral, 10 being the best, 1 being the worst...

Our perspectives on the films (not rating the film, but rating the nature of the adaptations), you would rate them a 4 and I a 6.

Ergo, our slightly, yet different, opinions.

Now, I'm sure you enjoyed the films...but probably not as much as I did. Amirite?

oh, right.

i enjoyed parts of each movie.

as far as number one went, i felt it was a generally solid movie, if lacking just that little extra oomph to make it complete. it's the one of the trilogy i can watch straight through with few complaints. there's even a deleted scene i like.

two, i can watch three scenes, if you can even call them that:

the nightcrawler scene, the plastic prison scene (great dialogue between xavier and magneto, and then the fight which is one of the few decent cyclops moments), and the part of the attack on the mansion where colossus puts those two guys through the wall.

that's it. i actually won't ever watch the other parts again. and i am a massive kelly hu fan too.

third movie, any of the scenes with xavier and magneto conversing. the fight between wolverine and juggernaut (i just love that shot where he puts him through the ceiling in one room, and he comes back down in another), and the highway part where magneto plays with the convoy. that, and any scene with frasier as beast.

that's pretty much it for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.