Orochi X -VS- Lu Bu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
Orochi X (Shin Orochi)

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/amanda_bynes_love_tui/Shin_Orochi_wo2b.png

VS

Lu Bu, the greatest warrior of China

http://www.toyzhunt.com/files/users/56/Lu_Bu.jpg

Wei Phoenix
Wish you would use his older costumes like 3 and 5.

Orochi always counted Lu Bu amongst the men who could kill him.

occultdestroyer
You referring to this Lu Bu?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2/Jimbo_18/Lu20Bu20art.jpg

ares834
Yeah that one is awesome. His new one is so frakin lame. WTH is up with his new weapon? Anyhow, Lu Bu wins.

ThunderGodEneru
Orochi wins.

Obviously.

I mean Jesus Christ, Lu bu is a very strong warrior. Nothing more. Orochi is a God who through sheer will combined two separate points in time and created a supernatural army to pwn the respective times.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Orochi wins.

Obviously.

I mean Jesus Christ, Lu bu is a very strong warrior. Nothing more. Orochi is a God who through sheer will combined two separate points in time and created a supernatural army to pwn the respective times.

True which is why I didn't say Lu Bu flat out wins. Only mentioned that he counted Lu Bu amongst the only men he believed who could beat him. Orochi however does truthfully seek death so he would probably let Lu Bu kill him.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
True which is why I didn't say Lu Bu flat out wins. Only mentioned that he counted Lu Bu amongst the only men he believed who could beat him. Orochi however does truthfully seek death so he would probably let Lu Bu kill him. Letting him kill him and fighting him are different.

Lu Bu is among the strongest in the Warriors Orochi games, hell, he is the strongest from the DW side, only the likes of Tadakatsu Honda and maybe guys like Musashi Miyamoto or Kotaro(mostly because I am a fanboy of him smile ) can rival him.

In a full-out fight, I do not see Orochi losing to anyone in the game one-on-one truthfully.

Darkstorm Zero
Orochi wins in an all out. Lu Bu is powerful, no question (Single handidly destroying 10,000 men solo at the battle of Hu Lao Gate with absolutely no backup is immensely impressive, especially given that, for all intens and purposes, Lu Bu is an ordinary human armed with a halberd and a bow, and riding a horse), But when your facing a demon that warps time, space and reality, comes equipped with all sorts of nasty offensive magical powers, and has fought other immortals to stalemates while subjecting others to his will thru sheer charisma.... Yeah, Lu Bu is more than a little out of his league....

ThunderGodEneru
Lu Bu is not an ordinary human in terms of capabilities.

Anyone who claims this is wrong.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Orochi wins in an all out. Lu Bu is powerful, no question (Single handidly destroying 10,000 men solo at the battle of Hu Lao Gate with absolutely no backup is immensely impressive, especially given that, for all intens and purposes, Lu Bu is an ordinary human armed with a halberd and a bow, and riding a horse), But when your facing a demon that warps time, space and reality, comes equipped with all sorts of nasty offensive magical powers, and has fought other immortals to stalemates while subjecting others to his will thru sheer charisma.... Yeah, Lu Bu is more than a little out of his league....

Ordinary? He ended a war with a halberd and one arrow. Fought the three oath brothers starting with Zhang Fei, then Guan Yu, then Liu Bei all at the same time. Beat plenty of armies and was the reason for most of Dong Zhuo's success. He lost to Cao Cao but that was because his men tied him up in his sleep and surrendered.

Darkstorm Zero
Let me rephrase... He is in essence, a peak human with extraordinary physical capabilities, but he is still human, no matter how powerful

ThunderGodEneru
He is not a peak human in the same way Ryu or Akuma cannot be described as peak humans(although they are a few tiers higher), Lu Bu's physical capabilities are above that of any human.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, he's certainly not throwing energy attacks ala Ryu/Akuma, and he's not magically inclined like Zuge Liang/Sima Yi. However, Orochi is, and to a far greater degree, AND he's every bit as strong and skilled physically as Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda, perhaps moreso as Shin Orochi...

I described him as peak human rather than superhuman or metahuman, because theres nothing there to give it such a title, yes it was a supremely impressive rally he did, beyond human effort when stacked like that, but break it down to what it actually is, and it really is a display of raw skill at play, NOT a superhuman strength or speed feat, maybe stamina and endurance to fight at that skill level for that long, but nothing else is superhuman about it.

ThunderGodEneru
No, he has demonstrated strength, speed, and skill beyond any human.

Watch Honda and his fight during the Warrior's Orochi opening.

Darkstorm Zero
Opening cinematics get consideration?

Oh hell no man.... if thats the case, then Zhou Yu can launch giant fire tigers and shit... all kinds of whacky @$$ed stuf will get consideration... Opening cinematics are NOT canon in any way...

ThunderGodEneru
Opening cinematics get consideration?

Oh hell no man.... if thats the case, then Zhou Yu can launch giant fire tigers and shit... all kinds of whacky @$$ed stuf will get consideration... Opening cinematics are NOT canon in any way... Um, yeah, they actually are.

Darkstorm Zero
Ok, then I will ask you to prove it, because the sheer level of stuff this move of yours will unleash, is ludicrus...

Besides, Title cinematics have never been considered canon for other games, especially when they are random like these,why the exeption?

ThunderGodEneru
Ok, then I will ask you to prove it, because the sheer level of stuff this move of yours will unleash, is ludicrus...

Besides, Title cinematics have never been considered canon for other games, especially when they are random like these,why the exeption? Title cinematics have always been canon.

Kinda like how you have used them to support Nightmare in Soul Calibur 3.

Why would they not be canon? Because you say so? It is a cut-scene, if they could not do those things, they wouldn't be.

Darkstorm Zero
Because those events have correlation to the actual story, Hona battling Lu Bu amongst a demolished fleet of barges Never happened in any scenario in either of the WO games... So tell me, when and where did the two clash? other than in free mode, I can think of only 2 or 3 places they could have fought, and none of those maps had ships...

occultdestroyer
Title cinematics have always been canon.

Kinda like how you have used them to support Nightmare in Soul Calibur 3.

Why would they not be canon? Because you say so? It is a cut-scene, if they could not do those things, they wouldn't be.
The opening cinematics of Warriors Orochi 1 had nothing to do with the storyline.

Besides, each Kingdom had a different storyline.

Tadakatsu Honda and Lu Bu, although comparable in strength, never even engaged in direct combat in any of the levels.

ThunderGodEneru
Because those events have correlation to the actual story, Hona battling Lu Bu amongst a demolished fleet of barges Never happened in any scenario in either of the WO games... So tell me, when and where did the two clash? other than in free mode, I can think of only 2 or 3 places they could have fought, and none of those maps had ships... Why would the creators show them doing things they are not able to actually do?

They did not clash that I can think of.

But what they did in that scene they are capable of.

Deal with it.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
The opening cinematics of Warriors Orochi 1 had nothing to do with the storyline.

Besides, each Kingdom had a different storyline.

Tadakatsu Honda and Lu Bu, although comparable in strength, never even engaged in direct combat in any of the levels. 1. So? Why would it not show their actual abilities?

2. Relevance?

3. Relevance?

Darkstorm Zero
Because it's eye-candy desighned to dramatise the characters, it's not meant to be taken literally. Unlike in-game cinematics and cutscenes.

Wei Phoenix
If the openings are canon to what they can do then Cao Pi moved up in the rankings.

occultdestroyer
1. So? Why would it not show their actual abilities?

2. Relevance?

3. Relevance?
1. Opening cinematics in WO series are nothing more than eye-candy.

2. That WO opening cinematics have nothing to do with the storylines CANON-WISE.

3. Again, not canon.

AsbestosFlaygon
Come to think of it, Orochi X would win.

It took the combined efforts of almost all the characters in the roster to finally defeat him.

Though I honestly think Tadakatsu Honda, Lu Bu, Achilles, and Susano'o were sufficient enough to beat him.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Come to think of it, Orochi X would win.

It took the combined efforts of almost all the characters in the roster to finally defeat him.

Though I honestly think Tadakatsu Honda, Lu Bu, Achilles, and Susano'o were sufficient enough to beat him.

Susanoo tried on at least 2 separate occasions. First time, Orochi escaped. 2nd time was the creation of the Hydra which killed him before Kagura's time warp.

Stealth Moose
Susano'o died to Hydra but I imagine he could defeat base Orochi. Orochi X is another story and is beyond any single person on the roster except for Himiko with max Destruction. She solos.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Susano'o died to Hydra but I imagine he could defeat base Orochi. Orochi X is another story and is beyond any single person on the roster except for Himiko with max Destruction. She solos.

I'll be honest, I've never had any troubles dealing with Himiko on any difficulty... She is cheap to actualy USE, but fighting against even a boss empowered chaos version of her, he never had the defence stat needed to tank blows, especially from a full powered big star weapon.

Stealth Moose
It's a bit of a joke.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
It's a bit of a joke.

Oh....

Continue... smokin'

Stealth Moose
I just find the idea of mighty warriors fleeing in terror before Himiko hilarious.

"The Musuo, it hurts and stings!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.