Doctor Doom vs Thanos but not as you think...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dirk69er
This is a battle of intellect. Each has 24 hrs to take down the other indirectly, in other words, no fighting between the two. Who comes up with the ultimate scheme to do in the other?

cloud102
Thanos is doomed. Dr. Doomed.

Slaanesh
Thanos win..he's better than Doom in every way..

Bouboumaster
Thanos shit on Doom 10/10

Sin I AM
tru, Thanos is what doom aspires to be

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos in a stomp of epic magnitude

vansonbee
Base on past showing when both character met each other, Thanos seem to be on top... Infinity arc anyone? huh

psycho gundam
mephisto is thanos' *****, he can probably trick/coerce him into messing with doom again.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Sin I AM
tru, Thanos is what doom aspires to be

Philosophía
facepalm (not at the topic)

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
mephisto is thanos' *****, he can probably trick/coerce him into messing with doom again. Mephisto is Doom's *****

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mindset
Mephisto is Doom's *****

As long as he's getting ass raped every night... against his will... Mephisto doesn't care who's ***** he is.

OneDumbG0
tru, Thanos is what doom aspires to be Dead?

Sin I AM
i thought mephisto was Parkers *****

Mindset
http://livewire.missouri.edu/2007/11/30/071130_football_departing_1_inset.jpg

Sin I AM
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Dead?

Thanos aint dead, he's sipping tea and crumpets with Genis and Uncle Ben.

nimbus006
Thanos aint dead, he's sipping tea and crumpets with Genis and Uncle Ben.

And Steve Rogers. wink

kevdude
Dead?

That would make sense he is somewhat of a necrophiliac laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Doom doesn't crack due to inferiority complexes. He wins.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Doom doesn't crack due to inferiority complexes. He wins.

Last time Thanos cracked was because his chixx was waiting and the dude is a gentleman. And the time before, he destroyed Marvel Multiverse. And it was boring, so he rebuilt it.

TricksterPriest
He got hosed. GOD stuck him with doing the job and gave him enough rope to hang himself. He was suckered.

Doom would not have fallen for such a trap.

rabidrage
I love how people think Spawn would own Thanos because of magic, but think Doom would FAIL here. Doom's actually pretty good with magic. He's also encased in more technology than what Thanos carries with him. With time, I'm sure Doom could concoct something to take Thanos down.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by rabidrage
I love how people think Spawn would own Thanos because of magic, but think Doom would FAIL here. Doom's actually pretty good with magic. He's also encased in more technology than what Thanos carries with him. With time, I'm sure Doom could concoct something to take Thanos down.

... What?
Thanos is so above anything Doom would think it's not even funny.

Enyalus
Thanos monitors Doom, as stated in the comics.

Doom can't do anything without Thanos being aware of it.

Mindset
Doom's castle was destroyed, so was Thanos monitoring equipment. smile

Enyalus
embarrasment Maybe Thanos had the foresight to put them in Camelot, too?

rabidrage
So how does Thanos monitor Doom? Constantly? Or does he just check in on him from time to time? Or maybe he has spies in Latveria?

janus77
maybe Doom is actually aware that Thanos is spying... Doom might be tricking Thanos by lulling him into a false sense of security.

Thanos could simply be watching a Doombot!

anyway, I say Thanos 7/10... Doom's got to win some, he's taken Galactus' powers and Surfer's powers, he's even taken Beyonder's powers ... he could do it to Thanos too.

Sin I AM
^ wishful thinking

janus77
nah, I save that kind of thing for the character in your sig... yes

OneDumbG0
Since there is no physical confrontation, Doom simply uses this machine to summon Thanos' enemies to attack him:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/DoomDevice10-EmotionMachineFFAnnual.jpg

Nihilist
Thanos just sends his armada.

Bouboumaster
Or Thanos use his own time machine to **** off Doom

Mindset
Or Doom uses his time machine to have sex with Thanos mother...owned!11

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos just sends his armada. I'm pretty sure the threadstarter's opening post precludes the use of either person's actual weapons/armies to be used on the other.Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Or Thanos use his own time machine to **** off Doom Dr. Doom has superior time travel capabilities and time manipulation capabilities.

Nihilist
I'm pretty sure the threadstarter's opening post precludes the use of either person's actual weapons/armies to be used on the other. Thanos just sends his armada.

OneDumbG0
^ It's up to the thread starter to calrify, but that isn't what I'd characterize as an "ultimate scheme to do in the other."

Also, it doesn't solve the time-travel issue.

Nihilist
^ It's up to the thread starter to calrify, but that isn't what I'd characterize as an "ultimate scheme to do in the other."

Also, it doesn't solve the time-travel issue. Sending his armada would "do him in".

As Thanos keeps tabs on Doom , he'll be one step ahead.

OneDumbG0
Sending his armada would "do him in".

As Thanos keeps tabs on Doom , he'll be one step ahead. I don't think that a surveillance camera in Doom's castle will be able to travel along with Doom who has built in time-circuitry in his armor.

Nihilist
I don't think that a surveillance camera in Doom's castle will be able to travel along with Doom who has built in time-circuitry in his armor. Akhenstan(or whatever his name was) with part of HOTU power couldnt detect it,so Dooms armor aint.

OneDumbG0
Akhenstan(or whatever his name was) with part of HOTU power couldnt detect it,so Dooms armor aint. I think that's beside the point. Are you suggesting that these surveillance cameras can also time-travel alongside Doom? It's arguable Thanos may know Doom is time-travelling, but how does that help him if he doesn't know when or for what purpose?

Nihilist
It plausable they can follow him.

Exactly when and where is doom supposed to time travel to? he has to know a when and where Thanos is vulnerable like he did with Pharaoh Akhenaten

Mindset

Nihilist
^^^His time machine must have been destroyed as well then.

Mindset
^^^His time machine must have been destroyed as well then. It might do you some good to keep up to date with the characters you are arguing against.

Just saying.

OneDumbG0
^^^His time machine must have been destroyed as well then. He has time-circuitry in his armor that allows him to time-travel completely independent from any traditional Time Platform found in his castle as seen in Dark Avengers #3-4.

Nihilist
It might do you some good to keep up to date with the characters you are arguing against.

Just saying. LOL,because i forgot what happened in the recent Dark Avengers,get real.

Nihilist
He has time-circuitry in his armor that allows him to time-travel completely independent from any traditional Time Platform found in his castle as seen in Dark Avengers #3-4. So when and where does he travel too?

Mindset
LOL,because i forgot what happened in the recent Dark Avengers,get real. You either didn't read it or forgot, that hardly changes the relevance of my post.

Nihilist
You either didn't read it or forgot, that hardly changes the relevance of my post. It says in my post i forgot.

Mindset
It says in my post i forgot. Yea, sometimes people on here confuse not reading something with forgot.awesome

OneDumbG0
So when and where does he travel too? 1) To before Thanos' birth on Titan. Kills his mother.

2) To right when Doom is about to grasp Captain America's hand in Secret Wars o#12 n Battleworld. He retakes Beyonder's power with a full and intact mind.

3) To when Nebula lost the Infinity Gauntlet in Infinity Gauntlet #6 on Death's monument battlefield. He snatches the Infinity Gauntlet while everyone is struggling.

Those are simple answers to your direct question. But those are quick and dirty methods which would endanger the timeline and offend Doom's pride. The first thing that came to my mind is that Doom would just draw the Celestials to Titan and have them judge Titan with Thanos on it.

Nihilist
1) To before Thanos' birth on Titan. Kills his mother.
Unlikely as he has to know how old Thanos is and when he was born , and teleporting/traveling into Titan and locating Sui-san wont be easy, as Titan has defences.

As all the beyonder stuff was retconned and wasnt that a future Doom that took Beyonders powers, again i find this unlikely.

That i little bit far fetched dont you think, that it will play out as easy as that without any resistance.

As you have said here and in other threads, taking Doom's character/nature in account he wouldnt alter/change the timeline as he knows that the consequences would be dire,especially removing Thanos from the timeline after all the things he has done.

Has he ever done that before?

OneDumbG0
Unlikely as he has to know how old Thanos is and when he was born , and teleporting/traveling into Titan and locating Sui-san wont be easy, as Titan has defences.Meh.Originally posted by Nihilist
As all the beyonder stuff was retconned and wasnt that a future Doom that took Beyonders powers, again i find this unlikely.Secret Wars I was never retconned. Secret Wars II apparently was, and it's in that story where Molecule Man and Beyonder begin being portrayed at ridiculous levels. No, it wasn't a future Doom. It was the Doom from 616 sent backwards and always was the Doom from 616 sent backwards. That's why if Beyonder killed 616 Doom before sending him back, the past of the 616 universe that already occurred would never come to pass. It was a time loop that if broken, would have collapsed space-time and destroyed the 616 universe. If it was a future alternate Doom, killing that Doom wouldn't threaten the 616 universe.Originally posted by Nihilist
That i little bit far fetched dont you think, that it will play out as easy as that without any resistance.Well, everyone was struggling with each other at that point and the IG lay on the ground for the taking.Originally posted by Nihilist
As you have said here and in other threads, taking Doom's character/nature in account he wouldnt alter/change the timeline as he knows that the consequences would be dire,especially removing Thanos from the timeline after all the things he has done.

Has he ever done that before? Meh, with either the Beyonder's power or the Infinity Gauntlet, he could repair the damage done.

Sounds like something he would do. Or maybe he'd just find Wanda and make her say, "No more Thanos." laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.