Watchmen vs Original Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kitkat619
Hey guys for my first thread I want to pit the Watchmen (Dr. Manhattan, Rorschach, Nite Owl II, Silk Spectre II, The Comedian and Ozymandias) against the original Avengers line-up (Thor, The Hulk, Iron Man, The Wasp, Ant-Man and Captain America).

ROUND FIGHT!

AverageSavage
Avengers

golem370
Dr Manhattan wins it for the Watchmen

iceman24567
Thor could put Manhattan down

golem370
If its Manhattan like in the movie I don't think so.

iceman24567
Thor is more powerful than any version of Manhattan no expression

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor is more powerful than any version of Manhattan no expression

tkitna
Manhatten solo's

AverageSavage
how will Manhatten beat Thor? Death by blue penis?

The Pict
How will Thor beat Manhattan? Didn't seem liker there was a way to destroy him. Though I'm guessing Tony could figure something out, but it'd take prep time.

golem370
teleport him into the middle of the sun

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by The Pict
How will Thor beat Manhattan? Didn't seem liker there was a way to destroy him. Though I'm guessing Tony could figure something out, but it'd take prep time.

Guessing Thor absorbs his soul.

jalek moye
they didnt try to defeat manhattan besides one method that everyone reading knew wouldnt work

golem370
They wouldn't have had a chance of defeating him. The only thing that did anything to him was tachyon particles

AverageSavage
Manhatten doesn't have any feats that make him strong enough to take down Thor.

tkitna
Originally posted by golem370
teleport him into the middle of the sun

Not even sure that would work.

I see Thor showing up to the fight and Manhatten waves his hand and all of sudden, Thor's in a million pieces like a bag of marbles that spilled.

Manhatten's tougher than a 2 dollar steak i'm tellin ya.

jalek moye
They wouldn't have had a chance of defeating him. The only thing that did anything to him was tachyon particles
just because the people in watchmen didnt attempt to defeat with anything other then the very thing that gave him his powers. doesn't mean that thor/magic cant do anything to him

nimbus006
Manhattan probably survives, but the rest of the Watchmen get crushed.

Osymandius vs. Cap would be magnificent.

golem370
With out tachyon particle he would see what Thor was going to do before it happens. Didn't he destroy an army with a wave of his hand. Manhattan was pro-trade as some where between God and Man and I don't mean Skyfather gods I mean God.

jalek moye
With out tachyon particle he would see what Thor was going to do before it happens. Didn't he destroy an army with a wave of his hand. Manhattan was pro-trade as some where between God and Man and I don't mean Skyfather gods I mean God.
he can see what thor was going to do but cant prevent what he sees. He states numerous times he cant change the future that he sees. I dont remember he doing anything to an army just a tank, an a soilder.

AlmightyKfish

Wouldn't matter if he'd see Thor do that, he's tied by Pre Destination, meaning he'd see Thor nail him with something Godblast like and wouldn't be able to prevent it.

golem370
He would kill Thor with a thought. Turn Godblast in too a stream of Flowers.

jalek moye
He would kill Thor with a thought. Turn Godblast in too a stream of Flowers. hes never killed anything above a normal human. no evidence that it even works on a metahuman let alone an asgardian. Thor is more durable to every form of attack then humans are

golem370
Dr Manhattan is not human according the power set he displayed he could turn Thor in to a prancing pony

jalek moye
Dr Manhattan is not human according the power set he displayed he could turn Thor in to a prancing pony
i said hes never turned anything above a human into anything. thor has transmutaion restistance

Bouboumaster
Avengers in a spite. Thor kill Manhattan. Hulk would do it too if it wasn't that Manhattan have the perfect powerset to stop him.

The others are dead in seconds. But I agree, Ozy vs Steve would be awesome

jalek moye
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Avengers in a spite. Thor kill Manhattan. Hulk would do it too if it wasn't that Manhattan have the perfect powerset to stop him.

ozy gets shield bashed in the face.

AverageSavage
Originally posted by jalek moye
ozy gets shield bashed in the face.

co-signed!

SupremeMan
Dr. Manhattan is the only one on his team of any relevance in this fight. But he isn't going to singlehandedly take out Thor, Hulk and Iron-Man before one of them does enough damage to ten count him. The others have no chance against those Big Three of the Avengers power-wise.

ThunderGodEneru
"In three minutes and forty seconds I am having my skull crushed by a large man with a hammer."

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Ozy catching a bullet in his hand and at extreme close range was even more impressive than Cap aim dodging and using his shield. That would be a great fight.

But Thor, especially in his early days, showed that his hammer could produce all sorts of energies and he could even time travel. Really Thor going up against Manhattan is no different than Thor vs. Loki. There are numerous comic characters who have displayed scale and versatility on or beyond Manhattan's level but people don't think of them as that powerful because they exist in a setting where a lot of characters are that powerful or more powerful while Manhattan is in a setting where he's the only one.

The most wonderful thing about metahumans is- that I'm the only one.

- Dr. Manhattan

Grinning Goku
Avengers.

jalek moye
Originally posted by SupremeMan
Ozy catching a bullet in his hand and at extreme close range was even more impressive than Cap aim dodging and using his shield. That would be a great fight.

capt doesnt aim doge, his pure awsomeness casuing the bullets to curves past him.

Ozy gets shield bashed in the face

kitkat619
I didn't put my answer at the start so i will now. This is how it ends:

Captain America throws his shield at Ozymandias, Ozy catches it and throws it out of reach followed by a jump to Cap grabbing him and breaking his arm. Next he punches Cap in the face breaking his nose and jaw, then he knee's him in the back breaking it. Captain America Dead.
Next Dr. Manhattan sees Thor coming behind him but is unable to stop him being attack from behind. Unfortunately Thor goes through him and into a wall, while he's turning round Manhattan grows and splits into four, all of which grab Thor, read his mind and then using that information teleport him into The Room Without Doors (a place where Loki was imprisoned in Asgard). Thor Neutralized.
Rorschach sees Ant Man coming on an flying ant, so he grabs him. SQUISH, 'nuff said. Ant Man Liquefied.
Nite Owl II is put through a wall by Iron Man but before losing consciousness gets out his flamethrower and fires it into Iron Man's face, through the eye holes. Once Iron Man gets the mask off he sees Nite Owl in Archie but as he flies up he fires his repulsers through the window taking off Nite Owl's head. Nite Owl II Beheaded.
The Comedian lights up his cigar and ready's his flamethrower just as Hulk lands behind him, he turns around and fires it, once the smoke clears he sees the Hulk standing looking angry. The Comedian HULK SMASH'ed.
Silk Spectre II sees the wasp flying up so she grabs her and gets her hands stung. Letting go she stumbles back as the Wasp comes back, but Silk Spectre performs a roundhouse kick cracking open the Wasp's skull. Wasp's Skull Cracked.

GAME OVER

Watchmen 4-2 Original Avengers

Also a couple of things I forgot its Iron Man's Mk. I golden armour, not his modern one and this is the Watchmen in their prime not when their retired.

iceman24567
Originally posted by kitkat619
I didn't put my answer at the start so i will now. This is how it ends:

Captain America throws his shield at Ozymandias, Ozy catches it and throws it out of reach followed by a jump to Cap grabbing him and breaking his arm. Next he punches Cap in the face breaking his nose and jaw, then he knee's him in the back breaking it. Captain America Dead.
Next Dr. Manhattan sees Thor coming behind him but is unable to stop him being attack from behind. Unfortunately Thor goes through him and into a wall, while he's turning round Manhattan grows and splits into four, all of which grab Thor, read his mind and then using that information teleport him into The Room Without Doors (a place where Loki was imprisoned in Asgard). Thor Neutralized.
Rorschach sees Ant Man coming on an flying ant, so he grabs him. SQUISH, 'nuff said. Ant Man Liquefied.
Nite Owl II is put through a wall by Iron Man but before losing consciousness gets out his flamethrower and fires it into Iron Man's face, through the eye holes. Once Iron Man gets the mask off he sees Nite Owl in Archie but as he flies up he fires his repulsers through the window taking off Nite Owl's head. Nite Owl II Beheaded.
The Comedian lights up his cigar and ready's his flamethrower just as Hulk lands behind him, he turns around and fires it, once the smoke clears he sees the Hulk standing looking angry. The Comedian HULK SMASH'ed.
Silk Spectre II sees the wasp flying up so she grabs her and gets her hands stung. Letting go she stumbles back as the Wasp comes back, but Silk Spectre performs a roundhouse kick cracking open the Wasp's skull. Wasp's Skull Cracked.

GAME OVER

Watchmen 4-2 Original Avengers

Also a couple of things I forgot its Iron Man's Mk. I golden armour, not his modern one and this is the Watchmen in their prime not when their retired. LOL Manhattan has sufficient strength feats to hold Thor? Ironman's Eye sockets even the older armors have shields. The fact is Ironman or Hulk can solo the Watchmen while Thor takes out Dr. Manhattan.

kitkat619
LOL Manhattan has sufficient strength feats to hold Thor? Ironman's Eye sockets even the older armors have shields. The fact is Ironman or Hulk can solo the Watchmen while Thor takes out Dr. Manhattan.

If you look at Iron Mans old armours its got only a thin sheet of glass. Anyway it took Loki hundreds of years to escape The Room Without Doors so Thor might come back eventually but by then, they will all be dead.

Merc'd
Avengers win, Dr.Manhattan is the only challenge to the avengers in this one...

jalek moye
Originally posted by kitkat619
If you look at Iron Mans old armours its got only a thin sheet of glass. Anyway it took Loki hundreds of years to escape The Room Without Doors so Thor might come back eventually but by then, they will all be dead.
mahattan isnt even strong enough to hold thor down, and thor is hard as hell to bfr. And steve is much stronger and faster then ozy, his one reflex feat is somthing that while impressive isnt enough to beat rogers. the other watchmen arnt threats to any of them.

jalek moye
LOL Manhattan has sufficient strength feats to hold Thor? Ironman's Eye sockets even the older armors have shields. The fact is Ironman or Hulk can solo the Watchmen while Thor takes out Dr. Manhattan.
hell Captain america could probbly solo the team minus manhattan, they are all humans and one peak human

krowand
Original Avengers include Hank Pym as Ant-Man before he went all GI, the Wasp, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor against Dr. Manhatten who, baring Tachyons already knows the outcome and will act accordingly. Ozymandius is the smartest termite on our nest but Tony has lots of lead time on out-weaponizing him. Silk Spectre II needs a gal-pal like Janet Van Dyne to help remove tacky from her wardrobe. Girl Fight! Wasp had a compressed air gun early on. Rorscharh has no axe to grind against a group of do-gooders. Nite-Owl II could probably match weaponry with Iron man for a bit.

You confuse what Dr. manhatten could do with what he knows he is going to do. Innocents die while he stands by, he is NO Superman-style do gooder. Of course Iron Man's helmet has automaticly closing eye protection. Can you imagine the effect of bugs on Tony while the armor is going Mach 4 or so?

Thor verses Dr. Manhatten. We pit the Hammer ULU and its ability to absorb energy against an individual who is in effect static energy. Remember that Dr. M style teleportation can be fatal unless Dr. M makes the decision to bring you through alive.

My advice, ask Dr. Manhatten how it ends and surrender if you need to. Hulk could clap his hands and take out the non-Manhattenites of the Watchmen. Hulk and Thor backed by Iron Man with a ticked off Dr. manhatten shouting "What have you done to Laurie" and blinking off random parts of your anatomy. Shrink small Hank and Jan and hope that sub-atomic works for you.

Tie all dead or gone in a minute and a huff.

illadelph12
Eh, I could see Manhattan self-replicating into an army of 50-100 of himself and then nuking the Avengers. Manhattan can usually single-handedly outnumber any of his opponents. Even teams. But The Watchmen aren't really suited for Vs. forum matches. They had a single stand alone arc independent of any other super-powered characters in a closed setting. There's not really anything to draw parallels from.

Doctor-Alvis
I can see everyone except Thor, who apparently has resistance, being disintegrated immediately. Then... I dunno, sufficate Thor?

Stunner2xx
face it thor fanboys

The Doc Solos
gotta be crazy to think otherwise
hell he can BFR all of them at once

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Stunner2xx
face it thor fanboys

The Doc Solos
gotta be crazy to think otherwise
hell he can BFR all of them at once

facepalm

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I can see everyone except Thor, who apparently has resistance, being disintegrated immediately. Then... I dunno, sufficate Thor?

wut?...

Originally posted by illadelph12
Eh, I could see Manhattan self-replicating into an army of 50-100 of himself and then nuking the Avengers. Manhattan can usually single-handedly outnumber any of his opponents. Even teams. But The Watchmen aren't really suited for Vs. forum matches. They had a single stand alone arc independent of any other super-powered characters in a closed setting. There's not really anything to draw parallels from.

Loki has created 5 clones of himself, doesn't mean he can create an army.

Mshinu
Manhattan has vast powers. He was stated as being able to destroy large areas of the Soviet Union instantly in the event of war, while at the same time disabling most of the incomming nukes.

It comes down to how he and Thor are able to affect each other. Could be anything from a stalemate to instant destruction of both.

Charmander
Originally posted by Mshinu
Manhattan has vast powers. He was stated as being able to destroy large areas of the Soviet Union instantly in the event of war, while at the same time disabling most of the incomming nukes.

It comes down to how he and Thor are able to affect each other. Could be anything from a stalemate to instant destruction of both. Thor has been stated to be able to destroy planets...

Stunner2xx
it has been stated (by ME) thor would be BFR or killed

Charmander
it has been stated (by ME) thor would be BFR or killed But you're not very intelligent.

Evidenced by saying Thor would be BFR'd when he can teleport back.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Loki has created 5 clones of himself, doesn't mean he can create an army.

If each clone has the same abilities as the originator, including the ability to self replicate, the numbers can grow exponentially. It was never established that Manhattan was limited in the number of duplicates of himself he could create, and it was also alluded to that he could create independent life. Given the limited nature of the story it can't be substantiated, but one could infer given the limited examples and following a line of reasoning that it's a possibility.

Or one could disagree.

Stunner2xx
Originally posted by Charmander
But you're not very intelligent.

Evidenced by saying Thor would be BFR'd when he can teleport back.

I am smarter than doom with 10 years of prep
but anyways thor gets bft...he comes back and gets bfr again constantly so for all intensive purposes he is removed from the match, although he returns he will be uneffective since all his time will be spent returning

The doctor is toooo much here. Face the facts or don't but the outcome remains the same

Charmander
I am smarter than doom with 10 years of prep
but anyways thor gets bft...he comes back and gets bfr again constantly so for all intensive purposes he is removed from the match, although he returns he will be uneffective since all his time will be spent returning

The doctor is toooo much here. Face the facts or don't but the outcome remains the same What a terrible post.

If this is applicable to DM, then it's also applicable to Thor. Thor BFR's him repeatedly.

Plus, DM would also be ineffective too... since all his time will be spent BFR'ing Thor... no expression

Stunner2xx
Originally posted by Charmander
What a terrible post.

If this is applicable to DM, then it's also applicable to Thor. Thor BFR's him repeatedly.

Plus, DM would also be ineffective too... since all his time will be spent BFR'ing Thor... no expression

thats where you wrong
he can make a clone or many clones of him self and their sole purpose is to BFR him

bottom line this fight ends up turning into thor vs watchmen

DarkOdin
Originally posted by The Pict

Absorb his soul, or a Godblast, or bash his face in with his Mjolnir.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Absorb his soul, or a Godblast, or bash his face in with his Mjolnir.
I actually have no clue what kind of reaction would happen from absorbing his soul, but godblast? Bash him? Are you serious?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by illadelph12
If each clone has the same abilities as the originator, including the ability to self replicate, the numbers can grow exponentially. It was never established that Manhattan was limited in the number of duplicates of himself he could create, and it was also alluded to that he could create independent life. Given the limited nature of the story it can't be substantiated, but one could infer given the limited examples and following a line of reasoning that it's a possibility.

Or one could disagree.

Most of us would simply understand that assuming that someone can create hundreds of copies, simply because they can make 5, is a hell of a speculation. We also don't know if each clone is as strong as the original.

iceman24567
This is stupid Thor wins

Test.osterone
In the original Avengers we are talking about an ill defined collective of heroes. Thor\'s hammer still had all it\'s time control and spatial powers which were later removed. Thor did not use these powers though when the book was written. If we are assumng he has these mystical abilities, he removes Manhattan from the fight down the time stream and the other Watchmen lose in seconds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.