stamps going up to 44 cents next week

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
stamps raising in price because the post offices aren't making allot of money anymore because most people are paying their bills on line now. well welcome to the 21st century.

and them raising the price stamps is pretty much gonna encourage people more to stick to on line. they said stamps supposed to go up more and more within the next 5 years anyways.

jinXed by JaNx
this fukin sucks. The post office and comic shops are becoming the best place to meet people anymore.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
this fukin sucks. The post office and comic shops are becoming the best place to meet people anymore.

wut?

Robtard
Even if I paid for postage, this 0.02 raise wouldn't upset me. But I can sumpathize with companies who rely on mailing as a means to ship their goods.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
wut?

laughing out loud

Just sayin, most places you go now days. Everyone is hooked up and jacked in. I have the best conversations at my local post office and now in ten years those will be gone too laughing out loud I'm just being a negative thinker tonight wink

dadudemon
Last time I mailed something was years ago. However, I get things mailed to me (I buy online) all the time.

In my perfect future, we have vacuum tubes everyone that are power by solar technology that is free becase there are nanobots that mine the raw materials and use those material to repair and maintain the solar power system. You just type in your destination and SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEERRPPP! It arrives in just mere hours to anywhere in the world (minding the sound barrier as a limit...can't be havin' our tubes explode with sonic booms. lulz)...so I guess it doesn't get to some places without it exceeding a day.

Wait wait. The tubes could be segmented into secondary and primary traveling segments that are pressurized in the primary segments to increase the sound barrier so that they "packages" can travel faster. HOORAY!

Travel time for something at the equatoer at say...800 MPH with a pure primary tube travel time of 31.13 hours.

Robtard
Vacuum tubes, that is a terrible idea, just how big can these tubes be, how much weight can they carry, what happens to the tubes when two packages each going 800mph collide? We already have 24-48 hours delivery to most parts of the world with FedEx, DHL and over overnight companies, kiddo.

I'll just wait until my perfect future comes about and we have telepods (ie transporters), near instant delivery and you can gene splice. Ever want a monkey's ass, you can.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
Last time I mailed something was years ago. However, I get things mailed to me (I buy online) all the time.

In my perfect future, we have vacuum tubes everyone that are power by solar technology that is free becase there are nanobots that mine the raw materials and use those material to repair and maintain the solar power system. You just type in your destination and SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEERRPPP! It arrives in just mere hours to anywhere in the world (minding the sound barrier as a limit...can't be havin' our tubes explode with sonic booms. lulz)...so I guess it doesn't get to some places without it exceeding a day.

Wait wait. The tubes could be segmented into secondary and primary traveling segments that are pressurized in the primary segments to increase the sound barrier so that they "packages" can travel faster. HOORAY!

Travel time for something at the equatoer at say...800 MPH with a pure primary tube travel time of 31.13 hours.

How would you produce a sonic boom in a vacuum?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Vacuum tubes, that is a terrible idea, just how big can these tubes be, how much weight can they carry, what happens to the tubes when two packages each going 800mph collide? We already have 24-48 hours delivery to most parts of the world with FedEx, DHL and over overnight companies, kiddo.

I'll just wait until my perfect future comes about and we have telepods (ie transporters), near instant delivery and you can gene splice. Ever want a monkey's ass, you can.

What the f**k?

It's an elaborate joke, dude. laughing The exaggerated slurping sound didn't give it away? big grin

And to address your concerns, everything will be assigned a "course" when entering the system. The system will include sensors and adjustments in speed. At 800 MPH with accurate package course tracking, slowing and speeding up 100,000 packages to accommodate one addition is rather simple. Hell, you could build a software program in Java with an undefinable array size that uses a continuous loop with appropriate looping math to adjust all items in the array. (Sure it would be a complicate loop that is mapped to the tubes in the entire effing world....but it could be done.)

In fact, it could be thousands or even millions of smaller arrays that link to each other, making it much easier to manager. (Object oriented programming.) Again, this was just supposed to be a joke. Vacuum tubes? Come one. No reason to use something so stupid. The energy required to send those would be unnecessarily high. Something like magnetic rails would be more realistic...and, I'm referring to technologies that exist now, mostly. big grin

And, no, you're absolutely incorrect about international shipping taking 24-48 hours, dude. Is there supersonic shipping available? wink Just do the math and you'll see how retarded it is to think that there's international shipping in 24-48 hours. Sure, if you're shipping to Canada or Mexico (or any other country that is relatively close to the US origin location.)

And the vacuum tubes would could be as large as you want them. With tertiary, quaternary, etc. tubing systems in place, and not just a secondary or primary system, you could have many types to each and every home. There could be a big ass and a letter sized entrance tube for every home. The backbones could be huge tunnels that have a diameter wider than highways. Industrial locations would have entrance tunnels that are as large as the primary system. Dude, with enough money, you can think of anything and make it happen, as long as the technology is there.

Alas, I think this "joke" got waaaay too serious and I admit it was my fault for including too much information to begin with. I'd rather focus and imaging a slurping sound as a package (teehee) moves all around in the system.

We should even have vacuum tube transportation for hoomanz.

Father: "Time to load up in da toooooooooobez!"
Kids: "HOOORAAAAAY!"

Tubez: "SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIUHHHLLPPPPPPPPP!"

Kids: "WEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Grandma: "*TTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHBBB!* Damn bumbs. Pull this car over. I shit myself*."

*Cause grannies say "I shit myself" all the time... .....SHUT UP! mad

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
How would you produce a sonic boom in a vacuum?

Thank you thank you thank you for pointing that out! I was combining electrorails with vacuum tubes. No way no how could you create a sonic boom...that would be for the electrorail tubing system only.

Robtard
What the f**k?

It's an elaborate joke, dude. laughing The exaggerated slurping sound didn't give it away? big grin

And my "monkey's ass" was serious.

dadudemon
And my "monkey's ass" was serious.

laughing Why would you want a butt that looked my face?

Robtard
laughing Why would you want a butt that looked my face?

Because you talk a lot of shit?

chomperx9
Because you talk a lot of shit? laughing good one

dadudemon
Because you talk a lot of shit?

laughing

Ace of Knaves
Originally posted by chomperx9
stamps raising in price because the post offices aren't making allot of money anymore because most people are paying their bills on line now. well welcome to the 21st century.

and them raising the price stamps is pretty much gonna encourage people more to stick to on line. they said stamps supposed to go up more and more within the next 5 years anyways.

It really doesn't make sense to raise the price of a stamp. The USPS drops their rates on shipping packages to compete with the private companies like Fed-Ex and UPS, but jack up the price of handling snail mail? But, it's still a lot cheaper than sending a letter via their competitors. I remember my grandfather pitching a fit when the price of a stamp when up a few hikes ago, but he also remembers when it cost 3 cents to mail a letter. Actually, he also remembers when a penny used to be worth something. I pay for my internet service provider, so it really doesn't effect me. I can either mail a letter or feed a starving African orphan for one day. It's a shame on one hand because I appreciate hand-written letters because they express a measure of effort, but I have free local and long distance on my phone and I have the internet. Much like printed newspapers, snail mail is becoming a thing of the past.

CapitalRedx21
the ny times is raising the price on its sunday paper and the mta is going up 25 cents i think....?

Bardock42
Originally posted by CapitalRedx21
the ny times is raising the price on its sunday paper and the mta is going up 25 cents i think....? People still read dead-wood news?

Deja~vu
Stamps going up? furious

CATMANEXE
great. i just bought stamps and now they dont mean squat.
what am i suppose to do with all of this anthrax.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.