How would Superman do against each of these

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doom and Gloom
This is not a gauntlet. It's just a consolidation of what has probably been multiple threads over the years.

How would Superman do against each of these in a straight up fight? No prep, enhancements, or plot devices. This is current Superman.
I am going to post my opinion after each.

1)World war Hulk.- Superman would win this. He's faster and more versatile. WWH is simply outclassed.
2)Hercules (Marvel)-Superman wins here also. In a straight up brawl I see them as pretty evenly matched but Supes can fly and has other abilities too.
3)Classic Thor-I know some are going to point to the crossover but that's canon. Why was Superman allowed to use his heat vision but Thor didn't use his godblast? Using all powers and abilities I see Thor winning the majority.
4)Morg-No WOL then Superman wins, WOL then Morg Stomps, nuff said
5)Gladiator-An even match, both have basically the same strength, speed, and other abilities...this one's a draw.
6)Sersi-Superman may win via a quick early knockout but barring that Sersi turns him into an insect and steps on him.
7)Silver Surfer-Surfer wins this hands down. He's just as fast, probably close to just as strong, and has lots of other weapons in his arsenal. He can also take just about anything Superman could dish out.
8)Impossible man-There's nothing whatsoever that Superman could do to IM. IM has a lot of fun embarassing Supes in this fight.

Other opinions?

Kris Blaze
Stop throwing around the damned godblast.

It's far superior to the heatvision and far less suited for fighting Superman. Virtually ALL of Thor's other energy attacks would've been better against Superman.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Stop throwing around the damned godblast.

It's far superior to the heatvision and far less suited for fighting Superman. Virtually ALL of Thor's other energy attacks would've been better against Superman.

I agree, but why didn't he use any of them? Using all of his abilities Thor should win

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
I agree, but why didn't he use any of them? Using all of his abilities Thor should win

We all know the answer to that.

I agree that Thor should and would win another fight between the pair.

tkitna
You give Hercules a better chance than WWH?

Interesting

Enyalus
1. WWH - Supes wins.
2. Herc - Supes wins.
3. Classic Thor - Supes wins, 6/10.
4. Morg - Supes wins.
5. Gladiator - Split.
6. Sersi - Supes wins.
7. SS - Supes loses.
8. IM - Supes wins just by virtue of IM being so gay.

Mindset
Originally posted by tkitna
You give Hercules a better chance than WWH?

Interesting He didn't

tkitna
Originally posted by Mindset
He didn't

Ok

1. WWH - Supes wins.
2. Herc - Supes wins.
4. Morg - Supes loses.
5. Gladiator - Split.
6. Sersi - Supes loses.
7. SS - Supes loses.
8. IM - Supes doesnt have a prayer.

Kris Blaze
People actually put Surfer above Thor.

Sad.

Warlord
1. WWH - Supes wins 6/10.
2. Herc - Supes wins 7-8/10.
3. Classic Thor - Supes loses 6/10.
4. Morg - split.
5. Gladiator - Supes wins 6/10.
6. Sersi - Supes loses 6/10.
7. SS - Supes loses 6/10.
8. IM - im ftw

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
1. WWH - Supes wins.
2. Herc - Supes wins.
4. Morg - Supes wins.
5. Gladiator - Split.
6. Sersi - Supes wins.
7. SS - Supes loses.

laughing out loud

close enough to what i'd say...

Kris Blaze
Gladiator to better than Thor.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Battlehammer
loses at 7. Gladiator character concept is much more powerful then he actually is.

Kris Blaze
This is not a gauntlet. It's just a consolidation of what has probably been multiple threads over the years.

Battlehammer
so much for ignore.

and it really does no change what I said. He still beats everyone up to 7

Battlehammer
4 and 6 on the other hand I have no knowledge of so he might actaully get beat by them.

nimbus006
1. WWH - Supes wins.
2. Herc - Supes wins.
4. Morg - Supes wins.
5. Gladiator - Split.
6. Sersi - Supes wins.
7. SS - Supes loses.
8. IM - Supes wins

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by nimbus006

Et tu?

nimbus006
Et tu?

Yes.

IMO, Classic Thor goes down for a slight majority against Supes. 5.5/10

Currently, I believe he takes a slight majority.

Sorry.

Warlord
So many people think Supes would beat Thor...wow

Enyalus
Gladiator to better than Thor.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
We both know that when Gladiator used his speed against Masterson, as well as when Gladiator used his speed against Thor w/ 60 second rule, Thor was beaten fairly quickly.

Supes uses his speed more often than Gladiator does, and that would give Thor trouble just like Gladiator gave him.

That's why I gave Supes the narrow win over Thor, and only the split with Glads.

Warlord
We both know that when Gladiator used his speed against Masterson, as well as when Gladiator used his speed against Thor w/ 60 second rule, Thor was beaten fairly quickly.

Supes uses his speed more often than Gladiator does, and that would give Thor trouble just like Gladiator gave him.

That's why I gave Supes the narrow win over Thor, and only the split with Glads.

still Thor should get a slight majority if he fights smart with all his abilities and not like a brick

Enyalus
Originally posted by Warlord
still Thor should get a slight majority if he fights smart with all his abilities and not like a brick
He's outclassed in speed and strength. The four wins out of ten I gave him are assuming he's fighting smart.

Warlord
He's outclassed in speed and strength. The four wins out of ten I gave him are assuming he's fighting smart.

Speed yes but as for strength I consider them equals

Enyalus
Originally posted by Warlord
Speed yes but as for strength I consider them equals
Maybe 'outclassed' was the wrong word. I consider them in the same tier, as far as that goes, with Supes holding a slight edge.

Nothing as vast as Supes being able to catch Mjolnir mid-swing like in the retarded crossover, but meh.

Warlord
Maybe 'outclassed' was the wrong word. I consider them in the same tier, as far as that goes, with Supes holding a slight edge.

Nothing as vast as Supes being able to catch Mjolnir mid-swing like in the retarded crossover, but meh.

That's right... And in my opinion Mjolnir should give Thor the edge since Superman has little tolerance for magic. Plus a godblast like he did on ragnarock is always an option...
Thor 5,5 or 6/10
wink

Kris Blaze

Please, son. You're bringing up Masterson? Juggernaut WALKED over him.

Thor was beaten fairly quickly? The only reason he lost was because of said rule and he didn't use his powers were clerly, which he never does when fighting people who are inferior to him.

Enyalus
Thor was beaten fairly quickly? The only reason he lost was because of said rule .

He was still one-shotted across Manhattan prior to transforming back. He was losing the fight before that.

nimbus006
1. WWH - Supes wins.
2. Herc - Supes wins.
3. Classic Thor - Supes wins, 5.5/10.
4. Morg - Supes wins.
5. Gladiator - Supes wins, 7/10
6. Sersi - Supes wins.
7. SS - Supes loses.

Overlooked the split with Glads when I first quoted this.

I don't think he splits with Glads.

Supes takes a majority from him.

golem370
I know Thor is strong but compared to Superman or Hulk at their best no way. Hulk has held a 150,000,000,000 ton mountain from collapising and has toss entire castle off it's foundation I don't see Thor doing anything even close to that imo. I think at best he could lift 100,000 thousand tons at best

Kris Blaze
He was still one-shotted across Manhattan prior to transforming back. He was losing the fight before that.

Air Walker also supposedly "one-shotted Thor"

How did that battle end?

I seem to recall someone with a hole through them, without Thor even breaking a sweat. I also seem to recall there being thrown far more than a single punch in the fight between Thor and Gladiator. I suggest you reread it.

Warlord
Originally posted by golem370
I know Thor is strong but compared to Superman or Hulk at their best no way. Hulk has held a 150,000,000,000 ton mountain from collapising and has toss entire castle off it's foundation I don't see Thor doing anything even close to that imo.

cosmic serpent anyone?

Bouboumaster
WWH: Toss up. The fact is that Superman can't kill Hulk, and he can absorb solar energy to refill. It depends of the scenario, but it could go either ways.

Hercules: Superman win, unless he decides to go trying to wrestling him.

Classic Thor: I gives Thor the victory. Mjorlnir is very versatile, and eh, it's magic.

Morg: Morg is a moron. Without the WOL, Superman would win. With it, Morg stomp Superman to the ground 10/10.

Gladiator: It depends on how Glad is portrayed, but Superman most likely win.

Sersi: She would destroy him 10/10 if she had the Cosmic Awarness. But she haven't. I see Superman makes shot work of her.

Silver Surfer: Silver Surfer stomp Sups 10/10. He have the power set to do so, and he's no Terrax nor Morg. This is one cat that Superman DON'T want to mess with.

Impossible Man: 'Don't know enough of the character.

xJLxKing
1. WWH - Supes wins.
2. Herc - Supes wins.
4. Morg - Supes wins.
5. Gladiator - Depending how confident Gladiator is.
6. Sersi - Supes wins.
7. SS - Supes loses if SS exploits his weakness, if not then it's a split.
8. IM -????????????????

Hyperion Prime

How would Superman do against each of these in a straight up fight? No prep, enhancements, or plot devices. This is current Superman.
I am going to post my opinion after each.

1)World war Hulk.- Superman would win this. He's faster and more versatile. WWH is simply outclassed.
2)Hercules (Marvel)-Superman wins here also. In a straight up brawl I see them as pretty evenly matched but Supes can fly and has other abilities too.
3)Classic Thor-I know some are going to point to the crossover but that's canon. Why was Superman allowed to use his heat vision but Thor didn't use his godblast? Using all powers and abilities I see Thor winning the majority.
4)Morg-No WOL then Superman wins, WOL then Morg Stomps, nuff said
5)Gladiator-An even match, both have basically the same strength, speed, and other abilities...this one's a draw.
6)Sersi-Superman may win via a quick early knockout but barring that Sersi turns him into an insect and steps on him.
7)Silver Surfer-Surfer wins this hands down. He's just as fast, probably close to just as strong, and has lots of other weapons in his arsenal. He can also take just about anything Superman could dish out.
8)Impossible man-There's nothing whatsoever that Superman could do to IM. IM has a lot of fun embarassing Supes in this fight.

Other opinions?

1st GOD is a Marvel fan and so am I, but I am fair.

1. WWH goes down. Superman will fight him smarter than Doomsday
2. Hercules goes down...what's he gonna do.
3. I love Thor but Jla/Avengers had it right
4. Morg wins this with or w/o Wol
5. Gladiator wins this he is PC supes.
6 ????
7. Surfer wins this if it isn't a slugfest.
8. Impy wins

Nihilist
1. WWH - Supes wins.
2. Herc - Supes wins.
3. Classic Thor - Thor, 6/10.
4. Morg - split.
5. Gladiator - supes, 6/10
6. Sersi - Supes wins.
7. SS - Supes loses.
8. IM -supes loses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.