Golem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VampirePrincess
Golem in the Twin Towers was well down. I read they used a man who wore I believe a blue suit with small electric balls on the joint areas were they used his moments to creat Golem. That was an incredible feet expecially since your dealing in a natural enviroment and not a blue screen or black screen. I just thought the way Golem was made the camra directions which created like there was two Golems was great. Whats your thoughts?

mah
Gollum, that is. and yeah, Andy Serkis played the movements of Gollum in addition to the voice. it's supremely done and I do think the character gollum should get some sort of award at the Oscars

narcil
i found they made him a much more sympathetic character than in the books. did others find that as well?

Dejio
Award? My thoughts exactly. How about a new category?

Oscar Presentor:
"And now the nominees for the best CGI Actors are:
Yoda for Episode 2: AOTC,
Gollum for LOTR: The Two Towers,
Dobby for Harry Potter 2: The Chamber of Secrets,
and Jar-Jar Binks for Episode 2: AOTC."

"And the Winner is.....Gollum! for LOTR: The Two Towers!"

Gollum:
"We would like to thank the cast of LOTR especially Peter Jackson..OH NO WE DON"T! (gollum, gollum) ... oh yes we would.
We would also like to thank the jurors for giving us....
..our precioussss...
(while rubbing the Oscar statuette) ...so bright.. so beautiful.."

webby
class. "we likes that we does..nasty tricksy jar jar nearly beats us, but we stabs out his eyses we did.....my precioussssssssssss" big grin

was certainly a great character and some very well done acting by serkis.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Yes, Gollum was excellent. I found a really big picture of him and put him on my desk top. I've also made an excellent Gollum signature if anyone wants it. I was bored, but it still looks good. smile

Mujaffa
it musst be preciousss thu you...(gollum!!Gollum!!)
MURDERER....NO

Onawien
Gollum, is ok, but it annoyed me when in THE TWO TOWERS gollum called sam a fat hobbit.
it was funny but poor sam.

Dark_Queen
lol,poor sam
i think PJ portryed gollum as too...cute,i suppose.i imagined him to be much more sinister and cunning(as in the books).

i guess he didn't want 2 scare the kids!!lol

Dark_Queen

Onawien
yeh i know what you mean.

mah
why shouldnt he have called sam fat? he had a strong dislike of sam in the books too

Dexx
yeah...
gollum is one of my faivourites in TTT. EXTREMELY well portraied, in my oppinion. It's almost the same as i immagined him.
But i didn't see him actually telling the hobbits why that rope around his neck hurt so much :0..those damn elven hand makings

PeekaReet
I didn't think Gollum was cute at all! :P he was good though.....Yeah, you know when he dives in the stream and chases after that fish? Poor Andy had to do that like five times before Pj was satisfied....in the middle of winter....Elijah wood said he got the chills watching, did you know they had to melt all the snow and crack the ice on the river? Poor poor Andy Serkis! big grin

Captain REX
And then Gollum got frostbite... evil face

My grandma described him as 'pure ugliness.' laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.