x-men origins wolverine screw ups

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
list as many parts of the movie that you can think of where the story or character didn't match to what happened in the comics.

steverules_2
deadpool

chomperx9
sabretooth being wolverines brother
deadpool with blades coming out of his hands and all the other powers he had at the end
gambit making the cards float in the air like hes a magician

BruceSkywalker
k

Kazenji
The way wolverine loses his memory and also some of the members of Team X.

Bouboumaster
Everything thing about Deadpool

Kazenji
The start with him was good.

StiltmanFTW
- adamantium bullets penetrating Wolverine's skull
- brain damage causing amensia (it doesn't work that way with him)
- Logan having no "lie-detector"
- DP deflecting bullets Jedi-style
- Silverfox and Emma being sisters
- optic blasts generating heat

There are more, but these ones particularly bothered me.

xJLxKing
Deapool was the biggest mistake. Then comes Sabertooth, and the story.

I hate the movie. The only thing I liked was Wolverine fight that Gambit.

AlmightyKfish
Fox filling the film with loads of random characters.

Would have been better to stick with the original Team X, of Logan, Creed and Agent Zero.

The Nuul
1. Fox
2. Story
3. Characters

I cant stand this movie, X 3 was better, it was at least entertaining. Wolverine is painful to watch.

The Nuul
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Fox filling the film with loads of random characters.

Would have been better to stick with the original Team X, of Logan, Creed and Agent Zero.

I agree.

dadudemon
The LCD and touch screens and the non-monochrome screens. big grin

The presence of Humvees. big grin

And anything else that is obviously NOT in the correct time-line.

And the lack of hair on Wolverine, Wolverine's lack of muscle, and his height.

The lack of height, hair, and teeth on Creed.

The time it took for the adamantium to become solid and useable...it should have taken longer.

Edit - And whoever said Wolverine can't detect someone lying is wrong. He can do that in 616...he can literally "smell" a lie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

And also Kestrel, Mastodon,and Silver Fox

Originally posted by dadudemon
Wolverine's lack of muscle, and his height.

why start bringing it up now he's been like that with the X-men movies.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
why start bringing it up now he's been like that with the X-men movies.

Right because I didn't bring it up with any of the other movies, as well. Wait, I wasn't an effin' member when Last Stand came out. no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

Kazenji
Wow....you sure know how to act like an idiot

i never said you brought them up when the other movies came out did i ?

i was only making a point which is easily to point out to this very day.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by dadudemon
Edit - And whoever said Wolverine can't detect someone lying is wrong. He can do that in 616...he can literally "smell" a lie.

thumb up In some stories he can also listen for the heartbeat rhythm, DD style. Not to mention his enhanced eyesight - noticing widened pupils etc. shouldn't be too hard.

Mr Shindiggery
Fox, they are the sole reason this movie was a disappointment.

dadudemon
Wow....you sure know how to act like an idiot

i never said you brought them up when the other movies came out did i ?

You said, "Why bring that up now." There's no "wiggling" your way out of a statement that shows your lack of deductive reasoning.

To more fully answer that question, I brought it up "now" because I wasn't around to bring it up when the other movies existed AND the thread was about things that were messed up in the movie.

Also, your reasoning is non sequitor. You asked why bring it up now, I answered, and you follow up with a statement...that's...just..plain weird. The proper statement, which would still be unrelated, would be, "I never said you didn't bring them up when the other movies came out, did I?" Since I can assume that you don't know what I am implying, I'll explain it to you: It means that, obviously, I DID bring it up with the previous films (Just not here), considering the content in my reply to you. Saying that you never said I brought it up before is the exact opposite of what should be true...based on simple reasoning.

i was only making a point which is easily to point out to this very day.

You were making a point that was rather...I dunno, clueless...retarded?

Had I been here (KMC) when any of the previous three came out, you bet your britches that I would have made the same points IF a thread existed for it. smile

And, did you mean to post "easy"? Either that or you're missing the word "correct" to put after "easily". It changes the meaning, but I think I get what you were trying convey.

jinzin
Originally posted by chomperx9
list as many parts of the movie that you can think of where the story or character didn't match to what happened in the comics.
Yikes... Everything?

let's see. *SPOILERS AHEAD FOR YOU KNITWITS WHO MISSED THE THREAD CONCEPT*

In the comics.
- Professor X was already disabled by the time he started to form the X-Men.
- Cyclops never went to a normal highschool.
- Emma frost never started out as an X-man; she was introduced through the Hellfire club.
- Quicksilver also did not start out as an X-man.
- Agent Zero is a morally conscious person/good guy, who has kenetic energy manipulation powers and survived all the way from Team X to HOM, he was not present during the Admantium bonding process. He's also an archenemy of Sabretooth's
- Stryker was not present during the Adamantium bonding process and was not a key figure in the Team X story or even relivent in Marvel at that time.
- Deadpool was not a part of Team X, he also had no powers of super speed and perception, he was quite brooding as Wade Wilson compared to his movie counterpart, and volunteered to be given Wolverine's HF to cure himself of cancer.
-Deadpool's teleportation/body slide is a result of his interactions with Cable, not stealing John's abilities.
-He has no optic blasts, or Adamantium claws... obviously.... OR A CLOSED MOUTH FOR THAT MATTER.
- Blob's massive weight was the result of his mutant powers not an eating disorder.
-Blob started out as an X-men candidate, and later joined the Brotherhood, he's never had anything to do with Team X.
-Blob lost his powers on M-day and was never killed by Sabretooth.
-Bolt is a mutant who started out with the X-men. He was mentored by Maverick long after Team X disbanded.
- Bolt's only interaction with Weapon X was impersonating Maverick in an effort to expose the program before he was killed by Mavs in a fight, he was never killed or attacked by Sabretooth.
-Wolverine's bonding process was done completely different than in the film.
-Cornelius was the main doctor who spearheaded the Weapon X project as were several others who were not showcased in the film.
-Wolverine was held captive in the Weapon X facility for months after the bonding process was completed.
-Wolverine's amnesia is the result of tampering by Weapon X brain scanners and memory implants.
-When Wolverine escaped Weapon X he was completely feral and laid waste to the entire establishment and everyone in it except for two doctors who took refuge and one guardsmen who was left for dead and horribly disfigured.
-When Wolverine ran across the Hudsons he was still feral. They took him in after shooting him down with a hunting rifle.
- The Hudsons were in their late 20's early 30's when they met Logan, not elderly.
-The Hudsons were not killed by Agent Zero.
-The Hudsons were however involved in the creation of Alpha Flight.
- Gambit's first interaction with Sabretooth was while theiving in Paris.
- Gambit's first intaraction with Wolverine was on the X-men circa mutant massacre.
- Adamantium can not penetrate like Adamantium.
-Sabretooth is not Wolverine's brother.
-Sabretooth spent his childhood locked in a basement.
-Wolverine was arguably not even born before the Civil War.
- Wolverine was a paratrooper during D-day he did not invade by beach.
- John Wraith was only known to be present during Team X's cuban occupation and during their attempt to retreive the carbonadium synthesizer, he never owned a gym and was never friends with the Blob, nor any other member of team X.
- Silver Fox was also not part of Team X. She was alive and killed by Sabretooth for real around the early 1900's in a mining/logging town.
-While she did come back later on in Wolverine's life her reappearance vs. her death has never been explained.
- Wolverine's claws do not penetrate through the bones in his hands, they are overlayed on top of them.

All I can think of for right now.

Scoobless

A lot.

It isn't supposed to match the comics, it's just an adaptation for a new audience who want to see a Wolverine story without having to wade through 35 years of back-story.

Non comic readers couldn't give a crap that Deadpool ended up being absolutely nothing like the character from the source material.

chomperx9
Originally posted by jinzin
Yikes... Everything?

In the comics.
- Emma frost never started out as an X-man; she was introduced through the Hellfire club.
- Agent Zero is a morally conscious person/good guy, who has kenetic energy manipulation powers and survived all the way from Team X to HOM, he was not present during the Admantium bonding process. He's also an archenemy of Sabretooth's
- Stryker was not present during the Adamantium bonding process and was not a key figure in the Team X story or even relivent in Marvel at that time.
- Deadpool was not a part of Team X, he also had no powers of super speed and perception, he was quite brooding as Wade Wilson compared to his movie counterpart, and volunteered to be given Wolverine's HF to cure himself of cancer.
-Deadpool's teleportation/body slide is a result of his interactions with Cable, not stealing John's abilities.
-He has no optic blasts, or Adamantium claws... obviously.... OR A CLOSED MOUTH FOR THAT MATTER.
- Blob's massive weight was the result of his mutant powers not an eating disorder.
-Blob started out as an X-men candidate, and later joined the Brotherhood, he's never had anything to do with Team X.
-Bolt is a mutant who started out with the X-men. He was mentored by Maverick long after Team X disbanded.
- Bolt's only interaction with Weapon X was impersonating Maverick in an effort to expose the program before he was killed by Mavs in a fight, he was never killed or attacked by Sabretooth.
-Cornelius was the main doctor who spearheaded the Weapon X project as were several others who were not showcased in the film.
-Wolverine was held captive in the Weapon X facility for months after the bonding process was completed.
-Wolverine's amnesia is the result of tampering by Weapon X brain scanners and memory implants.
-When Wolverine escaped Weapon X he was completely feral and laid waste to the entire establishment and everyone in it except for two doctors who took refuge and one guardsmen who was left for dead and horribly disfigured.
-When Wolverine ran across the Hudsons he was still feral. They took him in after shooting him down with a hunting rifle.
- The Hudsons were in their late 20's early 30's when they met Logan, not elderly.
- Gambit's first intaraction with Wolverine was on the X-men circa mutant massacre.
- John Wraith was only known to be present during Team X's cuban occupation and during their attempt to retreive the carbonadium synthesizer, he never owned a gym and was never friends with the Blob, nor any other member of team X.
- Silver Fox was also not part of Team X. She was alive and killed by Sabretooth for real around the early 1900's in a mining/logging town.
-While she did come back later on in Wolverine's life her reappearance vs. her death has never been explained.
- Wolverine's claws do not penetrate through the bones in his hands, they are overlayed on top of them.

All I can think of for right now. good job you get an A-

chomperx9
Originally posted by Scoobless
A lot.

It isn't supposed to match the comics, it's just an adaptation for a new audience who want to see a Wolverine story without having to wade through 35 years of back-story.

Non comic readers couldn't give a crap that Deadpool ended up being absolutely nothing like the character from the source material. they should try to match the comics the best they can so the non comic readers wont get the wrong ideas and stuff. they could have done the stories and characters right and still be entertaining.

Scoobless
they should try to match the comics the best they can so the non comic readers wont get the wrong ideas and stuff. they could have done the stories and characters right and still be entertaining.

Hmmm, I think I disagree with that. To do everything "right" would have taken another hour (or possibly another whole movie) in order to have everything happen in the correct sequence and have all relevant characters on screen.

steverules_2
Quicksilver was in the film? When?

StiltmanFTW
Didn't notice him, either.

steverules_2
And blob hasn't been killed in the 616 by sabes but he also wasn't killed in the film by sabes...was he?

Scoobless
Originally posted by steverules_2
Quicksilver was in the film? When?

He was in a cage, strapped in with bungee ropes by the look of it. When he stopped buzzing around his cell you could see a young guy with white hair.

steverules_2
Really? I really don't remember that bit...did blob get killed by sabes? I saw in the jinzin list something mentioned about sabes killing blob or maybe I didn't read it right

StiltmanFTW
He was in a cage, strapped in with bungee ropes by the look of it. When he stopped buzzing around his cell you could see a young guy with white hair.

Oh yes, I remember now.

Really? I really don't remember that bit...did blob get killed by sabes? I saw in the jinzin list something mentioned about sabes killing blob or maybe I didn't read it right

I don't think he did. Maybe that was shown in another secret ending...? confused

chomperx9
Hmmm, I think I disagree with that. To do everything "right" would have taken another hour (or possibly another whole movie) in order to have everything happen in the correct sequence and have all relevant characters on screen. another hour of work and getting everything right would lead to more money. many people already arent gonna buy the DVD when it comes out.

The Nuul
Hmmm, I think I disagree with that. To do everything "right" would have taken another hour (or possibly another whole movie) in order to have everything happen in the correct sequence and have all relevant characters on screen.

Thats the thing, Wolverine has a lot of history and it cant be rushed. The story could be told well in 3 2/2 half hr movies.

Weapon X should have been in the 2nd movie and the 3rd. part 1 should have been his story before Weapon X, his time in Canada, Japan and as patch.

Fox doesnt give a shit about the story and wants to make the cash.

They are so money hungry the wanted to screw up the Watchmen movie unless they got what they wanted.

jinzin
And blob hasn't been killed in the 616 by sabes but he also wasn't killed in the film by sabes...was he?

It was implied when John Wraith and Sabretooth fight in the alley way. John says something akin to not being scared by Creed and his creepy black coat to which Sabes replies, hehe it worked on Dukes.

After that John says Creed shouldn't have done that and now he'd have to kill Creed.

So I'm guessing he's dead. Figures, since Creed was trying to get John's teleportation powers, the first place he would have ventured was the gym where he would have found Blob.

steverules_2
ooooh ok then cool smile

roughrider
Originally posted by jinzin
Yikes... Everything?

In the comics.

All I can think of for right now.

Jesus Christ, just get over it. Things have been changed & streamlined since the first film. Unless it's frame for frame from the comic, it seems you won't be happy. They are taking the stories from the comics as basis for adaptation - that's it. As long as they are faithful to the spirit of the stories; that's what should be most important.
And I'm surprised how you didn't mention how Storm was never one of the early students recruited by Xavier - would that have pushed fanboy obsession TOO FAR over the top? stick out tongue

One thing that doesn't jibe with X2 is Stryker's appearance. Logan has that recurring nightmare in the mansion about the adamantium bonding, and has vague memories of Stryker standing over him; he's younger but still had a goatee & glasses - something Danny Huston was missing from the film. I don't know why they didn't get that one.
But that's just a continuity error between the films. Has nothing to do with what's different from the comics.

roughrider
And Wolverine & Sabretooth being half brothers isn't a mistake -

- Because Marvel has never provided evidence one way or the other it isn't true. Being vague & contradictory about their relationship for decades, with all the stuff about false memories from Weapon X; they could have clarified things with Wolverine: Origin but failed to. So the filmmakers just took things into their own hands, while Marvel has just sat on things, undecided.

chomperx9
Originally posted by roughrider

- Because Marvel has never provided evidence one way or the other it isn't true. Being vague & contradictory about their relationship for decades, with all the stuff about false memories from Weapon X; they could have clarified things with Wolverine: Origin but failed to. So the filmmakers just took things into their own hands, while Marvel has just sat on things, undecided. they are not blood related what so ever. they are close friends years back and worked together thats it.

StiltmanFTW

- Because Marvel has never provided evidence one way or the other it isn't true. Being vague & contradictory about their relationship for decades, with all the stuff about false memories from Weapon X; they could have clarified things with Wolverine: Origin but failed to. So the filmmakers just took things into their own hands, while Marvel has just sat on things, undecided.

It was confirmed that they're NOT related at all. Blood tests were done. Read Wolverine v2 #42.

StiltmanFTW
... or just click on this thumbnail.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3597/wolverinen42p18.th.jpg

jinzin
Jesus Christ, just get over it. Things have been changed & streamlined since the first film. Unless it's frame for frame from the comic, it seems you won't be happy. They are taking the stories from the comics as basis for adaptation - that's it. As long as they are faithful to the spirit of the stories; that's what should be most important.
And I'm surprised how you didn't mention how Storm was never one of the early students recruited by Xavier - would that have pushed fanboy obsession TOO FAR over the top? stick out tongue

.... What in the blue balls?.... confused

The whole point of this thread is to point out movie related comic inaccuracies. That list isn't a statement about how I feel about the movie.

IMO I like the movie. I liked the relationships. I like the characters.

The DP thing even works well for the movie.
Does it bode well for DP fans? No, or as a DP representation? No.... But for this film his change up really didn't bother me and I enjoyed watching Wolverine and Sabes team up against the boss villain.

Overall I thought it was an entertaining action flick, fast paced sure but like a superhero version of a Bourne movie.

The only problem I had with the movie that didn't sit well with me long after it was over was the whole ending bit. It left much to be desired. But that really has nothing to do with being a comics fan as much as a movie go-er.

jinzin

yyyyyeahNO

Go read some comics.

Digi
Originally posted by Digi
Wolverine threads will be in the X-Men forum, regardless of their content. If it's that much of an issue....no, it's not. It's one extra click of the mouse. We're trying to filter threads into appropriate forums both based on content as well as traffic. Could this in two different forums? Absolutely. But it's here because these specialized forums need some kind of regular content or there's no point for them.

So quit yer whinin'. You know who you are.

happy

chomperx9
Originally posted by Digi
crybaby im sorry i didnt know it wont happen again i promise. scouts honor usaflag

roughrider
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
... or just click on this thumbnail.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3597/wolverinen42p18.th.jpg

That was back when Chris Claremont was prepping events to reveal Creed was Logan's father, but Marvel changed their minds and squashed it. It would continue to be held that the two of them them are related in some way, despite what that early 1990's scan says. Paul Jenkins said Dog Logan from Origins COULD be Creed; or not.

KingD19
Storm, Quicksilver, Toad, Cyclops, and Emma Frost were never captured as kids.

Emma didn't get her diamond form till she developed her secondary mutation, along with Beast.

Her diamond form is smooth, not actual diamonds.

Storm was found by Xavier in africa, working for Shadow King, after picking Charles' pocket.

Silver Fox didn't have hypnotic touching powers.

Blob was never muscular.

Agent Zero wasn't Agent Zero till recently, and he's not asian, he's a white guy named Maverick who is like Shaw.

Surprisingly, they got Wraith/Kestrel perfect, except for the attitude, although Will.i.am did a great job. They even got the hat right.

Gambit can't climb walls with a bo staff as far as I recall.

The military was never directly involved in Weapon X.

Sabertooth could, and would undergo an Adamantium bonding process.

Blob didn't have no tatoo.

And neither Deadpool, Agent Zero, or Gambit had superhuman leaping abilities.

DP and Zero didn't have advanced perception and aim.

Think that's it.

Battlehammer
That was back when Chris Claremont was prepping events to reveal Creed was Logan's father, but Marvel changed their minds and squashed it. It would continue to be held that the two of them them are related in some way, despite what that early 1990's scan says. Paul Jenkins said Dog Logan from Origins COULD be Creed; or not.
that evidences proves your wrong. Dog is not sabre-tooth that would not even make senses. There not brothers. There from the same species.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Battlehammer
that evidences proves your wrong. Dog is not sabre-tooth that would not even make senses. There not brothers. There from the same species.
sabretooth- tiger
wolverine - wolf

how are they from the same species ?

DarthLazious
Just one.

Deadpool.

KingD19
He means they're both from a sub species of humans/feral mutants. Logan, Sabertooth, Wild Child, all of them are from the same breed.

Battlehammer
sabretooth- tiger
wolverine - wolf

how are they from the same species ?
was that a serious statement?

Scythe
Paul Jenkins said Dog Logan from Origins COULD be Creed; or not.

I never quite understood that. It does seem like they would be brothers, but if they aren't, who else would Dog be?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Scythe
I never quite understood that. It does seem like they would be brothers, but if they aren't, who else would Dog be?

He certainly not creed for one if he was creed would still have the scar which he does not. He also does not even look that much like sabre-tooth nor had any powers. He was just some crazy kid.

Scythe
Originally posted by Battlehammer
He certainly not creed for one if he was creed would still have the scar which he does not. He also does not even look that much like sabre-tooth nor had any powers. He was just some crazy kid.

I can see that, but in comics they could always find a dumb way of explainin why the scar doesn't exist anymore and so on. Time will tell I guess.

Mindset
Wolverine is 1ft. 8inches tall, not 6'3".

Silke
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine is 1ft. 8inches tall, not 6'3".

laughing ya sure? wink

chomperx9
Wolverine is 1ft. 8inches tall, not 6'3". your looking at your drivers license. wolverine is 5'3

Mindset
chomper, now with 50% more fail.

chomperx9
chomper, now with 50% more fail. better than 100% compared to someone else we know here big grin

Mindset
I don't see what Raoul has to do with this.

kofmaster
gambits actcent not being french, hi eyes are normal and only showed up once when he used his powers, and when they did, they were red with black pupls like normal eyes, his eyes are supposed to be black with red in the middle. 4 movies to get him in, and well the took away his main signature.

disapointed

Mindset
He didn't have a french accent, it was Cajun.

Wei Phoenix
Gambit with a french accent. Thats funny.

Paola
Originally posted by kofmaster
gambits actcent not being french, hi eyes are normal and only showed up once when he used his powers, and when they did, they were red with black pupls like normal eyes, his eyes are supposed to be black with red in the middle. 4 movies to get him in, and well the took away his main signature.

disapointed

nice to see you...

That's why I haven't seen it erm

jinzin
your looking at your drivers license. wolverine is 5'3 I lol'ed

Digi

coot

Raoul

...pr1983

SamZED
I think Logan has a lie-detector in the movie. I remember him mentioning that.
I have no problem with Deadpool deflecting bullets, in the comics he would've just dodged them which is even less believable and would've looked strange in the movie.

HueyFreeman
I wont go into comic book related issues but I will say
- The special effects were terrible in plenty of places. The plane ride, a few instances with the fight with gambit, logan playing with his claws in the mirror.

- The wiring was terrible. Sometimes when Sabertooth jumped it screamed movie wiring. I have seen better use of wiring in old shaw brothers kung fu movies.

- Acting was pretty bad for wolverine at certain places especially the overused dramatic scream when somebody died.

- ryan reynolds practically embodies wade wilson in every movie he does. Hes usually annoying, and his jokes range from pretty funny to completely corny. How could they have botched him so badly.

mr.smiley
A lot.

Non comic readers couldn't give a crap that Deadpool ended up being absolutely nothing like the character from the source material.

Pretty much what I was thinking.
It would be impossible to follow a comic with all those years of history page by page.

kofmaster
Originally posted by Paola
nice to see you...

That's why I haven't seen it erm

and you paola

Q'Anilia
I liked the movie smile Wished Gambit had a french accent though.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
I liked the movie smile Wished Gambit had a french accent though.

That would've made his appearance even worse. He speaks Creole.

KingD19
Just for the record, Cajun/Creole, sounds nothing like French. It's cooler than French.

Check it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfTPOpXh_8

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by KingD19
Just for the record, Cajun/Creole, sounds nothing like French. It's cooler than French.

Check it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfTPOpXh_8 '

He sounded nothing like Gambit imo.

Nighty101
-The actor for logan as a kid
- Logan as a kid being all, "Father!" *bangs head against wall* i didn't epect him to be as much of a bad ass as a kid but damn not all, "Father. May i have some tea and crumpets?" Those Fox bastards....
- Everything about Deadpool was horribly messed up especially his look at the end but the comedy was funny
- The ending was a let down because we know that someone's gonna die or the movie was pointless. All thats left is Logan (who cant die), Sabretooth (who wouldn't die), and Deadpool (who they'd bring back anyway) sorta pointless there
- Man those people in the tanks looked like something out of the latest alien sci fi movie and they freaked the hell outta me
- Hugh Jackman naked was something that highly disturbed me .... to the point of no return...
- putting in useless characters like Cyke and Emma who have no real reason to be there
- messing up the characters that shouldn't be there
-Blob even bein in there in the first place

thats about it for me. Everything else was pretty cool

Silke
Originally posted by Nighty101

- Logan as a kid being all, "Father!" *bangs head against wall* i didn't epect him to be as much of a bad ass as a kid but damn not all, "Father. May i have some tea and crumpets?" Those Fox bastards....

That wasn't a screw up and nothing bastardly Fox did .. he was supposed to be weak and victorian, and on the way to be a sickly, educated kid of a wealthy landowner type person in his origins.

KingD19
I just remembered, Adamantium didn't fall to the earth in meteor fragments, it was made by Myron Maclain, who was trying to recreate Vibranium.

Mindset
That's what happened in the movie.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by KingD19
I just remembered, Adamantium didn't fall to the earth in meteor fragments, it was made by Myron Maclain, who was trying to recreate Vibranium. Technically they never said that the admantium infused in Wolverine was taking directly from the meteorite itself, leaving it open that the adamantium was created by studying the properties of the meteorite. So, in that way, its really not much different in the movie as it is in the comics as vibranium is from a meteorite, as well. Though, just so you know, he was trying to recreate Captain America's shield alloy, which contains Vibranium, not Vibranium itself.

Darth Jello
all the special effects that were still unfinished in the theatrical version.

EvilTyrant
I still think Dog is Sabretooth, Dog and Sabretooth were beaten by their father. Maybe Dog still had the scars on his face because his powers didn't kick in yet. Probably would also explain the huge hatred he has for Wolverine. Logan looked exactly like his dad, and he also killed his dad. BTW, I've read the comics, and I remember the side by side test Beast did on both to prove they have no relation. But you never know.

jinzin
uggghhh He wasn't dog. They've already done a Sabretooth origins comic and Creed's home-life and appearance were already shown. It's not him.

StiltmanFTW
What jin said.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1262/xms001000.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.