Banning Paintball

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Kinkin
That's stupid as hell, Jesus Christ whats next.

Röland
Banning paintball/laser tag, etc. wouldn't do shit.

This is the same as when they blamed Marilyn Manson and violent video games as the reason for Columbine. I play violent games and listen to profane music but you don't see me wanting to shoot up a local mall.

People want to find something to blame other than little "Timmy".

Symmetric Chaos
As everyone knows laser tag guns are perfect practice for using an actual weapon, the recoil, noise and effect are nearly identical.

BruceSkywalker
I've played Paintball.. Its lots of fun and I feel there is nothing wrong with it.. One bad person should not put the bad mouth on something that many others enjoy

Kinkin
I have done Paintball (hurts like a *****) and no way does it effect people like that.

Bardock42

Grand-Moff-Gav
Let us try and think about it from another perspective.

People run around trying to shoot and mock "kill" each other. This activity is regarded as fun.

Then look at some of the computer games like Grand Theft Auto or Manhunt etc, in these games the player runs about shooting innocent people, often in very graphic ways. This activity is regarded as fun.

Can we not in fact consider these acts to be dysfunctional, perhaps psychologically they indicate a disturbed mind which has tendency to violence.

I think Paint Ball is a little different but in regards to games like GTA...why on earth is running around murdering people considered good fun? Surely something has gone wrong here...or is it simply the human mind's natural violence and animal bloodlust being exported through a suitable medium?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav

People run around trying to shoot and mock "kill" each other. This activity is regarded as fun.

Then look at some of the computer games like Grand Theft Auto or Manhunt etc, in these games the player runs about shooting innocent people, often in very graphic ways. This activity is regarded as fun.

Can we not in fact consider these acts to be dysfunctional, perhaps psychologically they indicate a disturbed mind which has tendency to violence.

I think Paint Ball is a little different but in regards to games like GTA...why on earth is running around murdering people considered good fun? Surely something has gone wrong here...or is it simply the human mind's natural violence and animal bloodlust being exported through a suitable medium? Have you ever played GTA?

I can't tell you why others play it, but I love the freedom the vast city gives you. The missions are interesting and challenging, and the story and especially extra content is amazing. I don't think that it makes you more likely to kill people. It seems to me that it is unrelated, the fact that you understand that there's no moral wrong in play acting and killing electronig data doesn't make you more likely to take lives. There's an obvious difference, and most people playing those games never do anything like that, because their moral compass isn't screwed up to begin with.

Red Nemesis
Paintball seems like an orderly, nondestructive way to channel aggressive emotions and excess energy away from something that might end poorly. Jung would might say that paintball allows for a controlled release of the shadow's excess aggression, preventing more calamitous outbursts later.

Symmetric Chaos

No we can't. Playing violent games is pretty common and does not consistently make one's life difficult, thus not abnormal from a psychological perspective. The desire to cut loose is also not dysfunctional for exactly the same reasons.

dadudemon
Yup, more stupidity.

The world is full of stupidity. There are so many stupid people that we could actually do without 2 or so billion and it would be a much better place.

Rogue Jedi

I think Paint Ball is a little different but in regards to games like GTA...why on earth is running around murdering people considered good fun? Surely something has gone wrong here...or is it simply the human mind's natural violence and animal bloodlust being exported through a suitable medium? It's up to the individual to recognize the difference between a video game and real life. If someone is so ****ed up that they think they are actually a Groves street homey and decide it's OK to do the things that Carl does, then banning the games will do nothing. The same person will get the same message by watching Boyz N the Hood.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It's up to the individual to recognize the difference between a video game and real life. If someone is so ****ed up that they think they are actually a Groves street homey and decide it's OK to do the things that Carl does, then banning the games will do nothing. The same person will get the same message by watching Boyz N the Hood.

QFT

chomperx9
Originally posted by Kinkin
That's stupid as hell, Jesus Christ whats next. hey jesus christ is not stupid as hell.

jaden101
When are government and idiot lobbying groups going to realise that games/music/films don't cause the kind of underlying mental issues that makes people go out and kill a load of their classmates?

So far 100% of the people who have committed these types of killings and have been caught alive afterwards have been shown to have serious psychological problems.

Yes they owned violent video games/films/themed music but so do a massive proportion of people today. The reason they're not going out killing people is they don't have psychological problems to begin with.

If there's 1 thing that's garaunteed to irk me no end, it's stupid reactionary bullshit like this. I guess it's just cheaper and easier than dealing with the ACTUAL problem.

Rogue Jedi
Groves Street 4 life, niggah.

Bicnarok
I think its society and its effect on certain individuals which triggers these things off. Maybe certain games or violent movies are a small trigger in some way, but the problems lie somewhere else.

Grinning Goku
People are hypocrites, shithead parents in particular. Everyone's always looking for a scapegoat. Video games and paintball are easy things to blame. Take them away from the equation and I guarantee you nothing will change until people stop doing ****ed up shit and until dumbass parents stop ignoring, denying or being oblivious to the fact that their child has issues. There are enough telltale signs with this shit nowadays. It's like saying capital punishment will lower the crime rate. It's a ****ing bandaid used to satisfy the parents stupid enough to believe that video games or laser tag are responsible. You have to get to the root of the problem and that require people to take their head out of their asses. But that's a bit too much work for many.

Robtard
We should really go back further, to the source of violent behavior, ban cap-guns, actions figures, any and all cartoons that hint at violence, hell, let's completely demasculinize boys from infancy onward.

That should fix everything, if we're going to blame-shift.

Captain REX
Paintballing should not suffer because of a school shooting. They are unconnected, even if the shooter enjoyed paintballing. If paintballing and playing violent games makes a psychologically unstable person more likely to commit violent acts, then don't like the disturbed play violent video games.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Robtard
We should really go back further, to the source of violent behavior, ban cap-guns, actions figures, any and all cartoons that hint at violence, hell, let's completely demasculinize boys from infancy onward.

Well with no testosterone men really would be less violent.

Robtard
They'd be women, basically.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bardock42
Have you ever played GTA?

I can't tell you why others play it, but I love the freedom the vast city gives you. The missions are interesting and challenging, and the story and especially extra content is amazing. I don't think that it makes you more likely to kill people. It seems to me that it is unrelated, the fact that you understand that there's no moral wrong in play acting and killing electronig data doesn't make you more likely to take lives. There's an obvious difference, and most people playing those games never do anything like that, because their moral compass isn't screwed up to begin with. I like shooting people and mowing them down with the car of my choice, personally.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
I like shooting people and mowing them down with the car of my choice, personally.

The porshe is the best, fast speeds achieved quickly and the low hanging nose makes the bastards go airborne. The Range Rover Sport is also a good one for pedestrian smashing.

CATMANEXE
this reminds me when i was a kid some kids were playing Lazer Tag in theyre backyard. their neighbors called the police. the fuzz arrived.
one of the cops was walking around the house gun drawn. a kid
popped around the corner with Lazer in hand and the cop loaded him with six rounds and killed him. as a result the cop was given councilling and Lazer Tag was banned. this is where the law came from that toy guns cannot look like real guns.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mindset
I like shooting people and mowing them down with the car of my choice, personally. Originally posted by Robtard
The porshe is the best, fast speeds achieved quickly and the low hanging nose makes the bastards go airborne. The Range Rover Sport is also a good one for pedestrian smashing. Maybe he's right, you guys are psychos.

Bicnarok

Evil Dead
I bet all these kids who go out and kill their classmates and random murderers in general all grew up drinking milk.

We should ban milk. If 100% of the people who commit murder all drank milk, there must be a connection.

Grinning Goku
The porshe is the best, fast speeds achieved quickly and the low hanging nose makes the bastards go airborne. The Range Rover Sport is also a good one for pedestrian smashing.

I agree the Porshe is awesome. The Corvette is also kick ass for knocking bitches down.

Originally posted by Evil Dead
I bet all these kids who go out and kill their classmates and random murderers in general all grew up drinking milk.

We should ban milk. If 100% of the people who commit murder all drank milk, there must be a connection.

I'd go a step further and say ban air. That way no-one will be able to offend.

Rogue Jedi
Corvette? **** that, gimmee a mid 70's Lincoln Continental.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Corvette? **** that, gimmee a mid 70's Lincoln Continental.

Yeah. Continental kicks ass, good buddy. You got all the trophies yet?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Yeah. Continental kicks ass, good buddy. You got all the trophies yet? Trophies? haermm

Symmetric Chaos

http://crystaloak.com/Gaijin/Essay/tomato_addiction.htm

dadudemon
They'd be women, basically.

Even women have testosterone in their systems....they'd be less than women with less brain function and an increased risk of heart disease and prostate cancer.

Also, something I find interesting, women who are test. levels below that of normal experience increased libido when test. is brought back to normal levels.

laughing

I see what you did there. That is the best counter-argument I've seen. Well done.

Evil Dead
meh, I can't claim credit. It's the old, old legalize weed position.

people say marijuana should be illegal because it is a gateway drug. While it's not chemicly addictive itself nor causes any physical harm, it leads to harder drugs. 90% of all cocaine and heroine users started with marijuana.

the counter to that is ofcourse, ok.....90% of these heroine addicts started with weed, 100% of them started with milk. why not just criminalize milk?

lil bitchiness

Exactly.

In fact we should get everything banned, knifes, forks...spoons are ok...chop sticks are dangerous.
Ban smoking, drinking, having any kind of fun, ban weird sex, anal sex (everyone knows that produces mass rapes and so forth), ban TV and and video games - except pet society, but that should be controlled as it could cause people to be cruel to animals.

Fatty foods should be banned, tall buildings should not have roof access in case there is a mass pushage-off-buildings rampage, windows should be made so that they cannot be completely opened in any building.

Burn any books that say anything bad about anything. Internet should be controlled and music which uses certain words should be banned. Movies which show violence should be banned and people who made them arrested.

That should easily solve all societies problems. Forever.

Why is there a rise in an over-involved states?
Everything is getting some kind of restrction or a ban. It is getting ridiculous.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

People are getting stupider?

lil bitchiness
They were never any smarter. Therefore the government they chose is as dumb as the people who elected them. Never ending circle...of stupidity.

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Exactly.

In fact we should get everything banned, knifes, forks...spoons are ok...chop sticks are dangerous.
Ban smoking, drinking, having any kind of fun, ban weird sex, anal sex (everyone knows that produces mass rapes and so forth), ban TV and and video games - except pet society, but that should be controlled as it could cause people to be cruel to animals.

Fatty foods should be banned, tall buildings should not have roof access in case there is a mass pushage-off-buildings rampage, windows should be made so that they cannot be completely opened in any building.

Burn any books that say anything bad about anything. Internet should be controlled and music which uses certain words should be banned. Movies which show violence should be banned and people who made them arrested.

That should easily solve all societies problems. Forever.

Everything is getting some kind of restrction or a ban. It is getting ridiculous.

The movie Equilibrium had the right idea. Ban anal? The horrors, what would you do.

People blame-shifting and shit politicians catering to the nonsense for votes. When really, some people are just born ****-ups, or dare I say, parents didn't do a proper job, na, can't be that.

Nemesis X
They're banning paintball? As if banning dodgeball wasn't hurtful enough.
Governments need to focus on important things. Just because laser tag and paintball makes it look like you have a gun doesn't mean it'll convince everyone to shoot real guns at people. It's not paintballs fault, it's not laser tags fault, it's yours.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Governments need to focus on important things. Just because laser tag and paintball makes it look like you have a gun doesn't mean it'll convince everyone to shoot real guns at people. It's not paintballs fault, it's not laser tags fault, it's yours. There's quite a difference though. They didn't ban paintball, they banned it from being forced on children in public schools, you can still indulge in hitting your friends with balls on your own time. Though not little ones with paint in them...at least not in Germany.

Bicnarok
I wonder if there are statistics about how many paint ball participants have gone loopy and shot some folk, or even shot any one at all.

Bardock42
There's quite a difference though. They didn't ban paintball, they banned it from being forced on children in public schools, you can still indulge in hitting your friends with balls on your own time. Though not little ones with paint in them...at least not in Germany. The first paintball in my post should read "dodgeball", obviously.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I wonder if there are statistics about how many paint ball participants have gone loopy and shot some folk, or even shot any one at all.

All of them?

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
All of them?

with a real lethal weapon?

Symmetric Chaos
Fairly few of them.

jaden101
Paintballing is some serious shit...remember that or DIE

h1yuhBtdHL0

Deja~vu
Germans......... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing blink

WTF, we all play-em

WhiteWitchKing
Good god, they might as well ban other things too. I suggest we ban all things that involve violence while we're at it: violent sports (football, hockey for example), action movies, violent videos (RPG, Fighting series, any involving violence), books (especially classic ones), etc.

I mean really do we, our society, and our government officials need to be watching an android from the future murder a bunch of people even if it's to save the world? Or some demon by the name of Freddy killing kids in their dreams? Or Psycho? And please to hide behind the "classic" and "artistic" argument. Let's ban it all. Then us and our elected officials can enjoy romance movies made by Mathew McConaughey while our children can enjoy the Teletubies.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Then us and our elected officials can enjoy romance movies made by Mathew McConaughey while our children can enjoy the Teletubies.

So now you're pressuring people with homosexuality?

The Nuul
I remember in the 80s/90s they want to ban D&D because a few kids tried pulling off that stuff in real life.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Nuul
I remember in the 80s/90s they want to ban D&D because a few kids tried pulling off that stuff in real life.

How can you "try D&D in real life"? Images of people covered in bat guano and sulfur spring to mind but that's more icky than scary.

Red Nemesis
LARPing?

Robtard
How can you "try D&D in real life"? Images of people covered in bat guano and sulfur spring to mind but that's more icky than scary.

As that cat said above, LARPing. But that wasn't around (or popular) back then.

IIRC, some kid offed himself because his character died and he couldn't take the stress. So the parents/community blamed AD&D.

Some anti-D&D crusader wrote an article that demonized D&D; made a list of what D&D taught kids to do, list was hilarious, here are a few things I remember the guy stated as fact:

Homosexuality
Bestiality
Necrophilia
Sodomy
Incest
Rape
S&M
Devil Worship

Ace of Knaves
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Who is the "They" in your use of the term "they're"?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ace of Knaves
Who is the "They" in your use of the term "they're"?

Joking, right?

See the below post:

Originally posted by Bicnarok
After noticing that "The German government is planning to ban paintball and laser shooting games in reaction to the recent school massacre in which 15 people died.News Link

I was wondering WTF?

Ive never participated in the sport myself so it´d be wrong to judge.
I was wondering if the similarity's & general inspiration of the people who play these games makes them potential massacre lunatics?

And the question is whats next, banning school kids from using water pistols?

Just hope the idea doesn´t catch on in other countries, the gun lobby would love it in the US for example.

Also, I know what you're doing. He could also pull that same logic back on you.

Ace of Knaves
Originally posted by dadudemon
Joking, right?

No. I understand the thread and the article around which it is centered, but Nemesis X seems to be blurring the lines of "banned" sports in two different countries. This is why I asked the question of him and not you. When I ask you a question, I'll do so directly.

dadudemon
No. I understand the thread and the article around which it is centered, but Nemesis X seems to be blurring the lines of "banned" sports in two different countries. This is why I asked the question of him and not you. When I ask you a question, I'll do so directly.

I guess you didn't read far enough down my post to realize that I was already aware of what you were really trying to do.

I also indicated that he could use similar logic back on you.

Here's how:

They = ignorant knee jerk idiot who put blame in the wrong locations and take away things out of the same stupidity.

They = the man that's keepin' us down.

I guess you weren't aware of that, were you?

Obviously not.

Blurring the lines or not, it certainly has the same look and feel.

You should leave the thinking to other people who can do it better for you. Either that, or chose things that are easier to pontificate about. I wouldn't have put up a smart ass answer to your post had your point been legit. Take note.

Ace of Knaves
I guess you didn't read far enough down my post to realize that I was already aware of what you were really trying to do.

Here's how:

They = ignorant knee jerk idiot who put blame in the wrong locations and take away things out of the same stupidity.

Obviously not.

You should leave the thinking to other people who can do it better for you. Either that, or chose things that are easier to pontificate about. I wouldn't have put up a smart ass answer to your post had your point been legit. Take note.

If you were aware that I was not speaking to you, then I assume you would stop answering a question that was not addressed to you. Quoting someone that is not me to illustrate your point of what you assume I was asking of someone that is not you or the person you quote to clearify your thought as had by someone else on a plane of existenence understood only by your interpretation of what you think everyone is saying at any given time on a message board on the internet is of little interest to me.

As soon as you morph into the reality and body of the person to whom I asked the original question then we'll have a need to debate what you meant when you answered a question directed at someone else, at the time. Until then, unless you're Nemisis X, I am not speaking to you. I appreciate your assumption that you are important and informed enough to serve as a stand in for everyone else on this forum, but I don't recall asking you anything. If I'm wrong and it's really just myself and you, and you're pretending to be thousands of other people on this lonley internet forum, let me know.

dadudemon
If you were aware that I was not speaking to you, then I assume you would stop answering a question that was not addressed to you. Quoting someone that is not me to illustrate your point of what you assume I was asking of someone that is not you or the person you quote to clearify your thought as had by someone else on a plane of existenence understood only by your interpretation of what you think everyone is saying at any given time on a message board on the internet is of little interest to me.

As soon as you morph into the reality and body of the person to whom I asked the original question then we'll have a need to debate what you meant when you answered a question directed at someone else, at the time. Until then, unless you're Nemisis X, I am not speaking to you. I appreciate your assumption that you are important and informed enough to serve as a stand in for everyone else on this forum, but I don't recall asking you anything. If I'm wrong and it's really just myself and you, and you're pretending to be thousands of other people on this lonley internet forum, let me know.

lulz.

The "newb' is butthurt.

Just face it, little dude, you were pwned.

You should be thankful to have experienced pwnage at my hand.

I just read a little of your post. Do you REALLY think that you can pull the "I wasn't talking to you" bullshit on a publicly viewable forum? laughing

Get real, dude. You'll have to gain a lot more experience at "pwning" before you can even think to keep up with my awesome pwning powers.

Ace of Knaves
lulz.

The "newb' is butthurt.

Just face it, little dude, you were pwned.

You should be thankful to have experienced pwnage at my hand.

I just read a little of your post. Do you REALLY think that you can pull the "I wasn't talking to you" bullshit on a publicly viewable forum? laughing

Get real, dude. You'll have to gain a lot more experience at "pwning" before you can even think to keep up with my awesome pwning powers.

Answer me this: How many of the people I asked the original question of did you quote in your post?

dadudemon
Answer me this: How many of the people I asked the original question of did you quote in your post?

Answer you this: Why did I respond to your post to Nemesis X?

Ace of Knaves
Answer you this: Why did I respond to your post to Nemesis X?

Non-Answer. You've just lost 10,000 of those internet points you so eagerly live for.

dadudemon
Non-Answer. You've just lost 10,000 of those internet points you so eagerly live for.

Awww.

Butthurt still, are we?

You do realize that your post had an obvious rhetorical answer. A point that you've beat dead quite well the first time. A point that still fails no matter how many times used.

Ace of Knaves
Awww.

Butthurt still, are we?

You do realize that your post had an obvious rhetorical answer. A point that you've beat dead quite well the first time. A point that still fails no matter how many times used.

I understand that several posts back was the point where I was supposed to question your own sense of self importance based on your number of posts on this forum or how well you have memorized internet debating terms like 'strawman' and 'dodging', but I still don't recogninze your assumption that you can answer a question posesed specifically to another person with such absolute certainty.

dadudemon
I understand that several posts back was the point where I was supposed to question your own sense of self importance based on your number of posts on this forum or how well you have memorized internet debating terms like 'strawman' and 'dodging', but I still don't recogninze your assumption that you can answer a question posesed specifically to another person with such absolute certainty.

Well, he obviously thinks Germany and the U.S. are the same countries, doesn't he? He's such a moron, man. I can't believe how stupid. *Laughs the pommy laugh*

Does that seem realistic to you at all? Don't you see how your lame excuse for pontification when you are obviosly bored, fails at actually being pontification and just makes you seem dense because you failed to extrapolate the actual meaning in his post, nay, you refused to acknowledge it for the sole purpose of pontification whilst flying in the face of colloquial context.

Here are absolutes for you:

When someone, especially in America, says "they" when talking about something negative, it is usually "the man" or aliens. no expression

And just because I know you were take that out of context and have no clue what happened there, that last part was a joke. no expression

Edit - And why does it take you so long to respond? This is genuine curiosity, unrelated to the topic at hand. I want to know your business.

Bardock42

Here's how:

Obviously not.

You should leave the thinking to other people who can do it better for you. Either that, or chose things that are easier to pontificate about. I wouldn't have put up a smart ass answer to your post had your point been legit. Take note. Oh that's just weak, dadouchebag. The guy just asked because he was wondering whether the guy missed that one happened in Germany the other in the US, you really didn't have to be a silly wanker about it.

Your idea of "pwning" someone is incredibly lame, too, btw.

Robtard
No, Bards, he does have to be a "silly wanker"; you know this.

Sparrows fly, wolves howl, DDM is a silly wanker. Just the nature of the beast.

jaden101
Wow...All this animosity from a thread about paintballing. It's even making the "Creationism vs Evolution" thread look pleasant and friendly.

dadudemon
Oh that's just weak, dadouchebag. The guy just asked because he was wondering whether the guy missed that one happened in Germany the other in the US, you really didn't have to be a silly wanker about it.

Your idea of "pwning" someone is incredibly lame, too, btw.

Of course, you'll be opposed to what I posted. No shock there. That's your nature. I find his point to be incredibly weak. Do you REALLY think that lad thought Germany's paintball ban and the rising ban on dodgeball in America was from the same country, people, group, etc? I mean, really. That's retarded to the max. It was just an opportunity for the poster to try and pontificate and make another poster feel small. I find that lame.

But why did I explain that all to you? You already know all of that. So why am I a silly wanker for pointing out the idiocy of a post? You do that quite often. Am I overlapping on your self appointed position?

@Robtard

Lulz. This coming from a person who finds what Starfleet did ith their ships, tactical and believable.

Robtard

@Robtard

Lulz. This coming from a person who finds what Starfleet did ith their ships, tactical and believable.

You do realize that Star Trek is fictional sci-fi, right?

BTW, you were wrong in that other thread, just suck it up and don't let it spill onto other threads.

dadudemon
You do realize that Star Trek is fictional sci-fi, right?

BTW, you were wrong in that other thread, just suck it up and don't let it spill onto other threads.

No, it's not. It is REAL! dur

And you both realize that you misinterpreted my post for meaning that no Klingon's were mentioned, when my post wasn't like that at all, right? There was simply no mention it destroying 47 birds of prey. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Robtard
Yes, there simply was. I got it from the movie, because I paid attention and chewed my popcorn quietly with my mouth closed.

Mairuzu
I agree with the banning of paintball

because after i got shot from a couple of guys, they decided to shoot me in the back of the head when i was already down

hurt like a *****

shot em in the foot tho

jinXed by JaNx
fuk paintball, it's always been about airsoft, homies. Airsoft is the way to go.

Mairuzu
HAHAAH hell no!

even worse, we use to play at the park with our airsoft pistols and this one shot gun we had that hurt like a bbbbbb

now that i think about it.. if a cop had drivin by or anyone saw us we would have been shot

Bardock42
Of course, you'll be opposed to what I posted. No shock there. That's your nature. I find his point to be incredibly weak. Do you REALLY think that lad thought Germany's paintball ban and the rising ban on dodgeball in America was from the same country, people, group, etc? I mean, really. That's retarded to the max. It was just an opportunity for the poster to try and pontificate and make another poster feel small. I find that lame.

No, I don't think that he thought that, I think he missed that it was in Germany, and just assumed it was in the US. Probably not even reading the initial post.

But why did I explain that all to you? You already know all of that. So why am I a silly wanker for pointing out the idiocy of a post? You do that quite often. Am I overlapping on your self appointed position?

No, you just went hypocritical. And did something much worse than what the guy ever would have done, even assuming that he wanted to feel good about himself by putting the guy down, you redid it manifold, trying to get a rise out of insulting and degrading the guy as thoroughly as you could. So maybe we dislike the same attitude in people, just that we have different amounts that set us of, in my case, your post, drenched in douchebaggery.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Mairuzu
HAHAAH hell no!

even worse, we use to play at the park with our airsoft pistols and this one shot gun we had that hurt like a bbbbbb

now that i think about it.. if a cop had drivin by or anyone saw us we would have been shot

yeah, but i bet you felt like a big boy that day, huh? The only thing that sucks with Airsoft, other than the occasional misunderstood police killing is that it's so expensive to play. I had to buy like 19 clips for my handgun, on top of the price of green gas. Yeah, i could have been spending that money on better things, like weed, school or cars lol. Yeah, if you play with airsoft guns, Whatever you do, don't paint black over the orange tips...,cops hate that wink

dadudemon
No, I don't think that he thought that, I think he missed that it was in Germany, and just assumed it was in the US. Probably not even reading the initial post.

Nah. You're just siding against me. He obviously didn't think something that stupid. He's not that much of a moron.

No, you just went hypocritical. And did something much worse than what the guy ever would have done, even assuming that he wanted to feel good about himself by putting the guy down, you redid it manifold, trying to get a rise out of insulting and degrading the guy as thoroughly as you could.

You didn't pay attention very much, did you? I was nice about it at first. I even quoted the opening post to show clearly who "they" were. I could tell he was being a dick because of his posts in other threads...so I alluded to that too. But I was going to leave things as they were.

When he turned into a total ***** about things, I figured I would respond in kind.

You have done similar things in the past. There is nothing wrong with it.

So maybe we dislike the same attitude in people, just that we have different amounts that set us of, in my case, your post, drenched in douchebaggery.

Your failure to follow a conversation has lead you to that false conclusion. It's okay, thinking is not for everyone.

jaden101
douchebaggery.

If you're not American and you use the term douchebag or any of its derivitaves then you are automatically a cockmungler.

Please refrain from its use if you do not wish to be an aformentioned cockmungler...

Thank you

The Management.

Ace of Knaves
No, I don't think that he thought that, I think he missed that it was in Germany, and just assumed it was in the US. Probably not even reading the initial post .

This is the correct answer, but I've done some slight editing to cram my entire thought process into your quote.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
If you're not American and you use the term douchebag or any of its derivitaves then you are automatically a cockmungler.

Please refrain from its use if you do not wish to be an aformentioned cockmungler...

Thank you

The Management. What if you're a South American who later became a U.S. citizen, any rules in regards to using 'douchebag'?

Bardock42
Nah. You're just siding against me. He obviously didn't think something that stupid. He's not that much of a moron.

I don't know the guy, I wouldn't presume to know how much of a moron he is. But I don't think it was done out of idiocy anyways, I think it was a honest mistake on his part.

You didn't pay attention very much, did you? I was nice about it at first. I even quoted the opening post to show clearly who "they" were. I could tell he was being a dick because of his posts in other threads...so I alluded to that too. But I was going to leave things as they were.

Oh, I disagree very much. That is not how I perceived the situation at all. Your initial reply was already quite charged, implying he didn't think enough about the situation, etc. He then replied politely, and explained what he meant. You then started to go off the hook, insulting him and putting him down, for little reason at best. Was a pretty pathetic sight.

When he turned into a total ***** about things, I figured I would respond in kind.

Didn't happen though, he kept his cool even when you called him a "butthurt newb".

You have done similar things in the past. There is nothing wrong with it.

I have, most certainly, not.

Your failure to follow a conversation has lead you to that false conclusion. It's okay, thinking is not for everyone.

If you read back you will see that I am correct. He addressed you politely, and repeatedly stated that his question wasn't aimed at you at all, and that he doesn't understand why you therefore go off on him. I don't know what got into you, but you behaved rudely and quite hypocritical, I just pointed it out. But you seem in a very aggressive debate mood, it's getting out of hand, we should probably return to the topic at hand.

Bardock42

Thank you

The Management.

I learned speaking the language in the US, I got an exemption.

lil bitchiness
Ahahaha! cockmungler! That is hilarious.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mairuzu
HAHAAH hell no!

Airsoft guns look A Hell of a lot more closer to the real thing than a PB gun.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
yeah, but i bet you felt like a big boy that day, huh? The only thing that sucks with Airsoft, other than the occasional misunderstood police killing is that it's so expensive to play. I had to buy like 19 clips for my handgun, on top of the price of green gas. Yeah, i could have been spending that money on better things, like weed, school or cars lol. Yeah, if you play with airsoft guns, Whatever you do, don't paint black over the orange tips...,cops hate that wink no i felt like shit, i got blasted on, and my fat friend dylan was getting pissed and no matter how much you shot him... it did nothing no expression

KingD19
They've got a couple paintball pistols that look like the real deal, my friends got a 9mm, it almost weighs as much as the real thing, it's got a metal clip, polymer grip, actual parts. It even came with a holster. If you saw him with it on the street, you would think it was real.

And I personally love paintballing, I've got a sniper rifle, I just post up in the church, picking people off, while I have two people guarding my rear.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
I just post up in the church, picking people off, while I have two people guarding my rear.

Another line for "gayest line of the year" consideration.

dadudemon
I don't know the guy, I wouldn't presume to know how much of a moron he is. But I don't think it was done out of idiocy anyways, I think it was a honest mistake on his part.

Mistake? Why does it have to be a mistake? I'm confused. I was with him in his use of "they." He was certainly using it properly.

Oh, I disagree very much. That is not how I perceived the situation at all. Your initial reply was already quite charged, implying he didn't think enough about the situation, etc. He then replied politely, and explained what he meant. You then started to go off the hook, insulting him and putting him down, for little reason at best. Was a pretty pathetic sight.

Of course you disagree. Why would you agree to failing to pay attention to my initial reply?

Here it is:

Joking, right?

See the below post:

Also, I know what you're doing. He could also pull that same logic back on you.

I gave him the opportunity to say it was a joke because I wasn't sure where he was coming from. I suspected he was just being an ass for a laugh. That was fine. That's why I kept my post rather neutral. At the bottom, I indicated that I was aware of what he was doing, just so he didn't think anything went over my head. (Unfortuntely for him, he didn't catch that part of my post, or he chose to ignore it.)

Of course, I quoted the opening post to indicate who "they" were, just for teh lulz. It was intended as humor, as I indicated in a PM to him. *Checks back on posts*

Dude, I even told him I was being a smartass. How much more clear do I need to be?

I also gave him advice on how to be a better pontificator, again, being a smartass. erm

Still, my post was light-hearted and full of smartassery, hardly a "dick" or "flying off the handle post". erm

Didn't happen though, he kept his cool even when you called him a "butthurt newb".

laughing

You don't consider his next reply to me to be butthurt?

laughing I guess you really didn't pay attention, then.

I have, most certainly, not.

You mean you've never chimed in with your own thoughts in support of against someone? You've never defended someone whose logic was sound and the "attacker" was taking things out of context? Never?

If you read back you will see that I am correct. He addressed you politely, and repeatedly stated that his question wasn't aimed at you at all, and that he doesn't understand why you therefore go off on him. I don't know what got into you, but you behaved rudely and quite hypocritical, I just pointed it out. But you seem in a very aggressive debate mood, it's getting out of hand, we should probably return to the topic at hand.

Oh, yes. Very polite. yes

And what I did was hardly "go off". I seem to recall a certain butthurt reply to my second reply to him.

And,you're right. The topic at hand is still "they". doped

Bardock42
Mistake? Why does it have to be a mistake? I'm confused. I was with him in his use of "they." He was certainly using it properly.

Of course you disagree. Why would you agree to failing to pay attention to my initial reply?

Here it is:

I gave him the opportunity to say it was a joke because I wasn't sure where he was coming from. I suspected he was just being an ass for a laugh. That was fine. That's why I kept my post rather neutral. At the bottom, I indicated that I was aware of what he was doing, just so he didn't think anything went over my head. (Unfortuntely for him, he didn't catch that part of my post, or he chose to ignore it.)

Of course, I quoted the opening post to indicate who "they" were, just for teh lulz. It was intended as humor, as I indicated in a PM to him. *Checks back on posts*

Dude, I even told him I was being a smartass. How much more clear do I need to be?

I also gave him advice on how to be a better pontificator, again, being a smartass. erm

Still, my post was light-hearted and full of smartassery, hardly a "dick" or "flying off the handle post". erm

laughing

You don't consider his next reply to me to be butthurt?

laughing I guess you really didn't pay attention, then.

You mean you've never chimed in with your own thoughts in support of against someone? You've never defended someone whose logic was sound and the "attacker" was taking things out of context? Never?

Oh, yes. Very polite. yes

And what I did was hardly "go off". I seem to recall a certain butthurt reply to my second reply to him.

And,you're right. The topic at hand is still "they". doped

A fascinating mix of silly and delusional. Onward and upward then? Paintball...I didn't even know we played it in Germany, the only time I ever did was in Arizona. I guess there must be some specific clubs somewhere, I don't think that any of the,...hmm...2...maybe 3 school shooters did ever play it though. At least it was never featured in anything I read about them.

dadudemon
A fascinating mix of silly and delusional. Onward and upward then? Paintball...I didn't even know we played it in Germany, the only time I ever did was in Arizona. I guess there must be some specific clubs somewhere, I don't think that any of the,...hmm...2...maybe 3 school shooters did ever play it though. At least it was never featured in anything I read about them.

I love you. inlove

Back on topic.

At arcade zones for kids like Incredible Pizza and Chuck E. Cheese, there are First Person Shooter (FPS) games that are, guess what, PAINTBALL! Instead of shotting aliens or zombies, you shoot paintballs at dudes who pop-out from corners. This is supposed to be a "kid friendly" version of FPSs. They also shoot paintballs at you. Instead of blood on the screen when you get hit, it is paintball splatter.

Go figure. erm

Bardock42
I love you. inlove

Back on topic.

At arcade zones for kids like Incredible Pizza and Chuck E. Cheese, there are First Person Shooter (FPS) games that are, guess what, PAINTBALL! Instead of shotting aliens or zombies, you shoot paintballs at dudes who pop-out from corners. This is supposed to be a "kid friendly" version of FPSs. They also shoot paintballs at you. Instead of blood on the screen when you get hit, it is paintball splatter.

Go figure. erm I think I have seen something like that, silly really.

jaden101
What if you're a South American who later became a U.S. citizen, any rules in regards to using 'douchebag'?

Only in reference to yourself for being a dirty traitor to your own country and stuff.

Robtard
Only in reference to yourself for being a dirty traitor to your own country and stuff.

Well, their futbol team is far superior to the US's. So you may have a point.

jaden101
I'm not sure if I have a point but I definitely have a sharp stick lying around somewhere.

Sadako of Girth
"Sharp sticks don't kill people...."

Jaden, President of NPOA

(The national pointed-object association).

You have Chopper Reid's apperance, but this fact of favoring sharp sticks has earned you the nickname "Poker". stick out tongue

jaden101
I'd gladly poke her so long as her front bum don't stink like death.

With my sharp stick anything else that comes to hand.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

CATMANEXE
when i was a teen my girlfreinds brother shot me point blank
in the ass with a frozen paintball.

should it be banned? of course not! what the hell. how about bottle rockets. you know Megatron got banned in the US because he turns into a scaled down toy Walter P38.

yet cops get to walk around with a full arsenal and are excused everytime they "oops" kill someone. ridiculous.

Ace of Knaves
Originally posted by CATMANEXE
when i was a teen my girlfreinds brother shot me point blank
in the ass with a frozen paintball.

ON the ass or IN the ass?

Robtard

Clearly, "shot me point blank" is code for '****ed me up', while "a frozen paintball" is code for 'his penis'.

dadudemon

In this particular case, you have a logical point, unlike your "they" diatribe.

However, you fail to "understand" the colloquial phrase, thus, the intended meaning is "lost" to you.

Robtard
Why the quotation marks on understand and lost?

CATMANEXE
on. in the dick? christ would i even be able to mention it after that?
lol!

dadudemon
Why the quotation marks on understand and lost?

Because he does understand it and the saying is not lost on him.

Thanks for asking. Shows that you understood that they were important. Almost no one asks about those when I do that...when they obviously had an intended meaning.

CATMANEXE
Clearly, "shot me point blank" is code for '****ed me up', while "a frozen paintball" is code for 'his penis'.

close. it was code for "Nantucket Sleighride" and "Hot Carl".
the crazy things that happen when your young you know?

Bardock42
Why the quotation marks on understand and lost? Cause Dadudemon likes to feel good about himself by going off on others.

Robtard
Cause Dadudemon likes to feel good about himself by going off on others.

I understand that was the purpose of the sentence, don't understand why he quoted those two words. Sentence would have worked fine to convey the message without quotes, who was he quoting?

dadudemon
I understand that was the purpose of the sentence, don't understand why he quoted those two words. Sentence would have worked fine to convey the message without quotes, who was he quoting?

"Quotation Marks Beyond Quoting

Quotation marks may additionally be used to indicate words used ironically or with some reservation.
The great march of "progress" has left millions impoverished and hungry."

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/02/

Teehee

Symmetric Chaos
Except there's no way you could have used "those" words with "irony" or "reservation". If you were attempting to highlight their importance "in" the sentence which is properly "done" with italics or informally with an asterisk on either side of the word. In fact the decision to effectively air quote them makes it "seems" as though there is some sort "of" weird innuendo being used.

dadudemon
Except there's no way you could have used "those" words with "irony" or "reservation". If you were attempting to highlight their importance "in" the sentence which is properly "done" with italics or informally with an asterisk on either side of the word. In fact the decision to effectively air quote them makes it "seems" as though there is some sort "of" weird innuendo being used.

Lulz, dude, what I did was correct use. It is done quite often in the professional world and in journalism. It is also done quite often to mock.

I may be thinking of scare quotes. None the less, it is still correct. I could be thinking of any number of uses of quotes, but it is still correct use. I do this QUITE often. Here's another example: Wow, look at that, you "correctly" captured my use of quotes.

Symmetric Chaos
That was sarcasm. You phrased the sentence ("However, you fail to 'understand' the colloquial phrase, thus, the intended meaning is 'lost' to you."wink the wrong way for that to work unless you're sarcastically saying that he does understand what was said.

dadudemon
That was sarcasm. You phrased the sentence ("However, you fail to 'understand' the colloquial phrase, thus, the intended meaning is 'lost' to you."wink the wrong way for that to work unless you're sarcastically saying that he does understand what was said.

Because he does understand it and the saying is not lost on him.

naughty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.