He-Man vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Obadiah Horn
Who wins?

Grinning Goku
He-Man.

Survivor19
The power of Grayscull prevails.

zeel
this is spite. Hulk has nothing for He-man

Hyperion Prime
Adam puts him into ORBIT. He even does that to WWH.

BUSTER1
Robert takes it

cloud102
He-Man!

leonidas
i keep hearing the hype, but what exactly has he-man done that would make someone say he'd trounce even wwh? i know next to nothing about him as a character, so someone edgimicate. big grin

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
i keep hearing the hype, but what exactly has he-man done that would make someone say he'd trounce even wwh? i know next to nothing about him as a character, so someone edgimicate. big grin

His strength scales based upon need, and draws from an "infinite" source. You're experienced enough to know that infinite is a relative term in comics, but it hasn't shown definite limits. His best feats are allegedly from his TV show, which I'm less familiar with than his comics. His top comic feats don't beat Hulk's, but they also compare fine with Hulk.

The sword has enough feats that it could believably cut off Hulk's head, and I'd venture to say he's also a bit quicker in the reactions department, and the sword acts as a Mjolnir-lite with some versatility feats.

He-Man's durability showings are all over the map, however, which is his lone possible Achilles heel. So the fight would likely come down to who got in some good shots first.

I'll go ahead and plug mine and goober's respect thread of him now too, since it's not fully comprehensive of HM's comic showings, but presents an accurate picture of his powers.

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
His strength scales based upon need, and draws from an "infinite" source. You're experienced enough to know that infinite is a relative term in comics, but it hasn't shown definite limits. His best feats are allegedly from his TV show, which I'm less familiar with than his comics. His top comic feats don't beat Hulk's, but they also compare fine with Hulk.

The sword has enough feats that it could believably cut off Hulk's head, and I'd venture to say he's also a bit quicker in the reactions department, and the sword acts as a Mjolnir-lite with some versatility feats.

He-Man's durability showings are all over the map, however, which is his lone possible Achilles heel. So the fight would likely come down to who got in some good shots first.

I'll go ahead and plug mine and goober's respect thread of him now too, since it's not fully comprehensive of HM's comic showings, but presents an accurate picture of his powers.

thumb up

in other words--not nearly so clear cut as some want to say. why does that keep happening lately . . .? erm

Digi
thumb up

in other words--not nearly so clear cut as some want to say. why does that keep happening lately . . .? erm

eh, not sure. Lengthy discussion is usually in the minority.

He-Man probably should win the majority though, btw. Considering strength a wash (which I am), Prince Adam is undoubtedly more skilled and has better reaction times than Hulk. And there's the sword to consider. Even giving Hulk durability and healing edge, that's a lot to overcome.

ThunderGodEneru
Hasn't He-Man physically stalemated PC Superman?

Saw a scan or something a while back.

Digi
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

No, not quite. This is probably the single most misused "feat" in all of KMC. It's the first scans showed in his spek thread. Check it out. It's actually a non-feat, and calling it a stalemate is generous for either side since it lasted all of a few panels, and if anything Supes got the better of it.

leonidas
eh, not sure. Lengthy discussion is usually in the minority.

He-Man probably should win the majority though, btw. Considering strength a wash (which I am), Prince Adam is undoubtedly more skilled and has better reaction times than Hulk. And there's the sword to consider. Even giving Hulk durability and healing edge, that's a lot to overcome.

based on what i've seen, i'd agree. i thought this was a slugfest. if he gets the sword, that would tip the scales in his favor most likely, though clearly he has the edge in healing factors and likely (??) damage soak.

Enyalus
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

I could post the full fight if you're interested.

It ends with PC Supes flooring He-Man with a punch to the jaw. Supes was definitely superior.

Raoul

you didn't watch he-man as a kid?

wow... lookaround

Obadiah Horn
thumb up

I agree that it shouldn't be so cut and dry. Both of these characters I see are often way overhyped or completely downplayed in other threads but from what I've actually seen of them thier strength feats are pretty close. While Adam has the sword of Eternia Hulk has a healing factor that I would say is faster than wolverines and a pain tolerance that's off the charts( first thing that comes to mind is him flexing Warpaths vibranium knives from his shoulder blades). The only aspect I think He-Man really wins hand down is speed, so I dont see how its so one sided on the board.

Given all that I still give it to He-Man 7/10 but I think thats mostly because I never read Hulk before Pak's run so I dont know what other high end feats he has.

golem370
Hulk fought a 60s version of Superman as well.

Digi
Originally posted by Raoul
you didn't watch he-man as a kid?

wow... lookaround

I did. But it's hard remembering exact feats from when I was probably 6.

srug

janus77
Hulk ftw.

his top end feats are literally in the skyfather realms... his strength is limitless as is his healing and pain endurance (he had the flesh burned off of his body and still kept going, he reformed from being atomised and he is "functionally immortal"wink.

add to this the fact that he has a power source said to be like that of The Beyonder (Beyonder's own words) and well ... he can't lose, imo.

Survivor19
He can lose and he will lose.

He-Man is better fighter, and Hulk will never become stronger then him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.