Mr. Majestic vs. Captain Marvel (DC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SmashBro
Mr. Majestic

vs.

Captain Marvel

In a battle between two superheroes who are oftenly compared the Man of Steel himself, who would emerge the victor? Would it be the World's Mightiest Mortal or the Kherubium High Lord?

ankur29
CM , dont know much about majestic

cloud102
Toss up.

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Toss up.
Not really. In the past dozen years, name me someone who Majestic has lost to and I'll give ya a valid reason for it.

CM's recently been pushed to the limit by Wonder Woman and had his ass kicked by Black Adam.

Majestic 8/10 minimum.

cloud102
Originally posted by Enyalus
Not really. In the past dozen years, name me someone who Majestic has lost to and I'll give ya a valid reason for it.

CM's recently been pushed to the limit by Wonder Woman and had his ass kicked by Black Adam.

Majestic 8/10 minimum.

When did he lose to WW? He didn't even really want to fight Adam, and in WW3, Billy fought Adam pretty well for sometime. I'm not only using a couple instances, his whole spectrum of feats.

Enyalus
When did he lose to WW?
He didn't. But they were basically equal.

cloud102
He didn't. But they were basically equal.

The 2 of them are pretty much the same in strength. Durability wise, Cap takes it. Intelligence wise, Majestic takes it. Still, feat wise, I'm gonna say Billy. Majestic is on a planet where practically everyone is below him.

Enyalus
The 2 of them are pretty much the same in strength. Durability wise, Cap takes it. Intelligence wise, Majestic takes it. Still, feat wise, I'm gonna say Billy. Majestic is on a planet where practically everyone is below him.

Can you think of a high durability feat for CM?

Majestic doesn't have many durability feats at all, good or poor.

Mindset
When did he lose to WW? He didn't even really want to fight Adam, and in WW3, Billy fought Adam pretty well for sometime. I'm not only using a couple instances, his whole spectrum of feats. He didn't fight Adam because he was too busy getting his face punched in.

cloud102
Originally posted by Mindset
He didn't fight Adam because he was too busy getting his face punched in.

Right after he was crushed and ambushed by a block supposedly designed to "crush gods." Yet, nobody realized that Cap has taken it to Black Adam, while he was SHARING his powers.

cloud102
Can you think of a high durability feat for CM?

Majestic doesn't have many durability feats at all, good or poor.

Cap has always been about durability. Even Adam has flown right through Spectre. Last encounter, Billy wasn't even KO'd by all the punches Adam delivered. Don't forget that Billy has Wisdom on his side as well.

Mindset
Right after he was crushed and ambushed by a block supposedly designed to "crush gods." Yet, nobody realized that Cap has taken it to Black Adam, while he was SHARING his powers. You mean the rock that did absolutely nothing?

cloud102
Originally posted by Mindset
You mean the rock that did absolutely nothing?

Yes, because he was SHAZAM at the time. Add his superior durability and it's no wonder that the rock didn't do anything. But he was ambushed. Let's not forget the countless other times Billy and Adam have gone toe to toe. Billy looking superior most of the time.

cloud102
Looking at some scans, Billy's durability is far superior than even Superman. Even protecting Superman from Eclipso's beams, being turned INSIDE OUT by a tesseract bomb, and enduring 5 Dimensional magic.

zeel
Looking at some scans, Billy's durability is far superior than even Superman. Even protecting Superman from Eclipso's beams, being turned INSIDE OUT by a tesseract bomb, and enduring 5 Dimensional magic.

superman=Ba>billy as far as strength and durability goes.

supes has man handeld billy alot more then billy has supes. As far as ba goes even back in the 80's in the "Shazam the new beginnings" issues billy got his ass handed to him by BA. Black adam is a amplified captian marvel increased strength and duribility du to hes ****ing crazy and dont hold back.

Supes has never man handled black adam.

zeel

Billy has a very high resistance to magic like thor and wonder woman. thus the reason billy has on several occasions saved supes bacon when it came to magical blasts.

geraldthesloth
Majestic

CosmicComet
Originally posted by zeel
Billy has a very high resistance to magic like thor and wonder woman. thus the reason billy has on several occasions saved supes bacon when it came to magical blasts.

The Tesserect Bomb was an alien weapon however, and not magic.

Cap got turned inside out and instantly regenerated to normal form in the next panel. All the while commenting that no one else on the team would be able to handle that blast, which included Wonder Woman and J'onn.

Which is why the heat vision argument for Supes never made much sense to me.....Captain Marvel's regen/durability combo is just too damn good for conventional non high level magic means to defeat. erm

As for this match, I have no idea who the hell Mr. Majestic is, so I abstain.

xJLxKing
leaning towards Mr. Majestic.

cloud102
Originally posted by zeel
superman=Ba>billy as far as strength and durability goes.

supes has man handeld billy alot more then billy has supes. As far as ba goes even back in the 80's in the "Shazam the new beginnings" issues billy got his ass handed to him by BA. Black adam is a amplified captian marvel increased strength and duribility du to hes ****ing crazy and dont hold back.

Supes has never man handled black adam.

Which instances are you referring to, because I can think of 3 or 4 times, Billy has stalemated and or defeated Adam.

Superman & Cap have stalemated in arm wrestling on a few occasions as well. And Superman calling Billy his equal, but I can see Superman being overall stronger, so I don't mind that, but it's NOT by leaps and bounds.

cloud102
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The Tesserect Bomb was an alien weapon however, and not magic.

Cap got turned inside out and instantly regenerated to normal form in the next panel. All the while commenting that no one else on the team would be able to handle that blast, which included Wonder Woman and J'onn.

Which is why the heat vision argument for Supes never made much sense to me.....Captain Marvel's regen/durability combo is just too damn good for conventional non high level magic means to defeat. erm

As for this match, I have no idea who the hell Mr. Majestic is, so I abstain.

yep, magic is why he has the edge over Superman as Superman has admitted himself. The bomb thing was pretty crazy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.