Eden Log

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv5lYKC2D74

Another one of the gems in French horror/sci-fi.
It should be out in the US on 19th of May.

A man wakes up in a cave in a puddle of mud next to a rotting corpse having no recollection of where he is, how he got there nor what happened to the person next to him. While being trailed on by creatures, he continues through the maze of abandoned cave through, laboratories and galleries to reach the surface.

For those who expect a lot of gore, blood and around Hollywood feel, this movie is not for you.
There is a very little dialogue in this movie but the actual idea and the ultimate climax of the movie is excellent.
Those who are familiar with some aspects of life in France will understand this movie a lot better.

It is visually stunning, it has excellent acting and the best and most surprising thing about it is that you literally know nothing when you start the movie - just like the character. You learn the details of everything as you go through the movie, and piece them together as the character does.

There is no word for word explanation at the end of the movie - it is up the the viewer to conclude why everything happened and it actually meant.

This could have been a fantastic commercial movie with few fixes, as it will not appeal to everyone because of the way it is executed.

As I said, those who look for more Hollywood type hype and way of doing a movie - this is really not for you.
If you're looking for something really different, check this movie out.
It will be out soon.

steverules_2
I saw the movie a while ago and I didn't like it

lil bitchiness
Quite a few people didn't. The rating on IMDB is very low, but like I said, I found the movie great.

This is one of those things which will either please people or displease complitely. There is no middle for this one, in my opinion.

steverules_2
Well it's good you like it smile

MildPossession
Only out in America in a few days time! I saw it last year, I actually enjoyed it after seeing the trailer, the trailer I viewed made it look incredibly boring, so I was dreading watching Eden Log, but was pleasantly surprised. It's not even a horror HORROR, as in a scary film but this creeped me out more than most horror films do.

Just realised that the guy who made the music for this was the guy who did the music for Martyrs.

I'm interested in what aspects of life in France you are talking about? why the French culture?

Kris Blaze
I watched it, thought it was great.

He raped that chick....

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by MildPossession
Only out in America in a few days time! I saw it last year, I actually enjoyed it after seeing the trailer, the trailer I viewed made it look incredibly boring, so I was dreading watching Eden Log, but was pleasantly surprised. It's not even a horror HORROR, as in a scary film but this creeped me out more than most horror films do.

Just realised that the guy who made the music for this was the guy who did the music for Martyrs.

I'm interested in what aspects of life in France you are talking about? why the French culture?

The movie depicts immigrant exploitation in the most extreme way. France has an huge problem with immigration as well as huge divide on how one should deal with it. This especially escalated during the riots.
There is a huge uncontrolled migration to France - this is due to the fact that after Algerian war, people in the former colony gained the right to come and live in France.

I imagined myself, after watching it, as someone from France, bearing all the above in mind, and found it to be so much more sinister and so much more frightening - but so so so excellent!

Mild and Kris, I am so glad you guys loved the movie.
I think it is safe to assume we might be on the right line as far as tastes in Horror movies are concerned. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.