RE5 Wesker v. Master Chief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anon E. Mous
What do you guys think?

I put my money on Albert.

Nemesis X
Chief dominates. This is spite.

Anon E. Mous
What?!?!

Wesker's speed alone would be enough to beat the chief.

Also depends on which weapons Master Chief has.

It is at least a close fight.

Ridley_Prime
A hand-to-hand fight might be more fair. smile

KingD19
Speed don't mean nothing if you can't hurt the guy.

Anon E. Mous
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
A hand-to-hand fight might be more fair. smile

Yeah, i guess...

Shaggs
Speed won't help much with motion tracking.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Shaggs
Speed won't help much with motion tracking.

Albert Wesker is faster than a bullet. His HUD will not help him in this battle. His armor on the other hand will.

Neo Darkhalen
Wesker wins.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Wesker wins.

Wesker barely damage steel in terms of strength and bullets has no effect on the Chief. How do you expect him to win?

Mairuzu
wesker dashes at chief and up kicks him in the jaw

knocking off his helmet, wesker then kicks his head off

Obsidian Fury
I thought Chief's helmet had a lockmechanism, as part of the suit. Chief still is incredibly fast, and Wesker is only fast in terms of movement. His actual strikes arent near as fast. Not fast enough to get a real jump on Chief from the front.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Wesker barely damage steel in terms of strength and bullets has no effect on the Chief. How do you expect him to win?

Remember the time he dented the hull of his personal air craft which he was using to transport Uroboros? Oh and then he put his entire fist through it, I believe his aircraft was made from steel and titanium...yeah.

I imagine from your comment you have little to no knowledge of Wesker and his abilities, if you did well past games prove his strength and durability, I also find it curious how the Chief could actually land a hit on a man who moves at super sonic speed and is highly trained in hand to hand combat, augmented by his super human strength (which means, able to crush steel into a small little ball, among other feats.)

Obsidian Fury
I beg to differ considering the guy has had several steel construction planks fall on top of him in Res Code Veronica which he is able to lift off of himself with ease, also ummm remember the time he dented the hull of his personal air craft which he was using to transport Uroboros? Oh and then he put his entire fist through it, I believe his aircraft was made from steel and titanium...yeah.

I imagine from your comment you have little to no knowledge of Wesker and his abilities, if you did well past games prove his strength and durability, I also find it curious how the Chief could actually land a hit on a man who moves at super sonic speed and is highly trained in hand to hand combat.

Albert Wesker is an Umbrella peak mutation who moves faster than a speeding bullet. He showed Chris who was top dog at several occasions, more so back when Chris and Jill joint assault to take him out. Wesker handled the two with ease, moving so fast that it appeared he teleported from one position to another, dodging bullets all until he reached Chris and Jill.
At which point, Albert Wesker gave us a fine amount of high-speed combat feats where he kicks Chris butt, before ending up tackled by Jill and the two falls through the window and into the abyss.

Albert Wesker then proves durable to bullets as well as explosives, back in the warehouse where you use RPG at him in order to take him down, which prove as nothing more than a barely straining exercise for Wesker, who tanks the RPG round explosion with his face after having stopped it on its onrush.
Wesker later in the ship prove formidably strong when he battle Chris and Sheva, charges Chris/Sheva (Can't remember), misses and punches into the steel girder/wall. A slight effort required to pull his fist then out, proves that he's strong but not overly so.

He proves durable by surviving the fall down the abyss, tanks bullets for breakfast, falling out of his aircraft and bathing in lava. His strength is formidable for one in the RE world, clearly dwarves any human in terms of strength, save the fact that Chris and Sheva could overpower him and inject him with a weakening fluid.

Chief flips large tanks, sees bullets in slowmotion and survived falling several miles from the sky, creating a crater upon impact with not a single dent on his armor. Unless you can prove that what Wesker punched through was more than simply dense steel, the armor of Chief is far more durable than anything Wesker has ever damaged, even in his later transformed state.

Chief is infinitely more than Chirs, Sheva and Jill put together. As they could land hits on him, Chief who sees in slowmotion and is superhuman fast certainly can.

Neo Darkhalen
It wasn't a weakening fluid! Actually it was the same virus he used to gain his power, he has to continuously inject himself to keep his state of power.

Also may I remind you the damage he does to his ship is in fact during his weakened state so ergo even when at his weakest he can still put his hand through solid steel (of which an aircraft of that design would have to be made from) and titanium, and that from that very list you have provided more reasons as to how Wesker would destroy the chief also you kinda only compiled a source from RES5 unfortunately, and therefore you still don't know of other feats from previous games, I'd also like to point out that you actually missed out some other key points from RES5 itself such as Wesker being able to with stand several hand cannon rounds to the face.

It has also been shown that Wesker has a regenerative healing factor such as when his face was burnt in Code V, even if the chief could somehow hit Wesker it would matter not.

Now the Chief's turn, flipping vehicles is a stupid statement it's used as player convenience, by that logic Gordon Freeman is on the same level as the chief (actually he would be stronger, Gordon has an intellect, unlike the Chief), he can flip cars in Half Life after all. Funny how if you fall in game (Halo) You actually die, your comment on him falling and surviving, well I call PIS on that.

Shaggs
Wesker would have to hit with force strong enough to shatter the energy shield, AND somehow block the Chief's hit, that he could not dodge at that range.

Nemesis X
Wesker can break pieces off of a jet. Big whoop. Chief's armor is tougher. Lets put it this way, if a jet fell to Earth and crashed it would break into pieces. Now when Chief fell to Earth and crashed, his suit was still intact. Wesker's bare heads won't do crap on Spartan armor.

The heaviest thing Wesker can lift are missiles. Chief can lift a tank that weighs 60 tons. Tanks weigh more than missiles. Can Albert lift a tank? No he cannot.

Anon E. Mous
Chief's armor is actually strangly weak. An assult rifle can kill him, but wouldn't be able to hit Wesker.The only way Wesker died was from falling into a volcano, than getting 2 RPG's in the face. The Chief would die from the volcano alone, not to mention the RPG's. One rocket-launcher shot will kill him, it took 2 and a volcano to get Wesker.

Phanteros
chief flip tanks over wesker punches barely through steel. see where i'm going?

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Anon E. Mous
Chief's armor is actually strangly weak. An assult rifle can kill him, but wouldn't be able to hit Wesker.The only way Wesker died was from falling into a volcano, than getting 2 RPG's in the face. The Chief would die from the volcano alone, not to mention the RPG's. One rocket-launcher shot will kill him, it took 2 and a volcano to get Wesker.

Points to make:

- Chief's armor is far from weak. When you watch the Halo 3 intro, take a look at the fall and impact of Master Chief. That fall would completely destroy any steel object from car to aircraft if it was dropped from that height. The armor weights a ton, which proves the incredible density in the metal it is built with. An assault rifle is incapable of penetrating less durable metals than that of Mjolnir Mark VI. Not to mention the shield that efficiently stops light ballistic weaponry.

- Sure an assault rifle would not hit Wesker, just like it would not hit Chief. The Chief has enhanced speed and he observes bullets in slowmotion, no different from Wesker. And even if the assault rifle could hit Chief, it would not harm him, for reasons stated. Halo gameplay is far different from the real Chief. In another high-res video, the Chief had a Scorpion tank smash into him and into a wall without a single dent.

- Wesker falling into the lava was killing him slowly. The RPG rocket penetrated his skull, which was a seperate injury from the lava. Only one of the two rockets hit Wesker. One missed, so it took only one to kill him and it did not even explode in his face. It went right through the head. Him being in lava is irrelevant to his actual death, although the case is so that the lava alone would've done the job.

- The Chief would most probably die, yes. Just like Wesker was. It is irrelevant however, because Wesker proved other vulnerabilities. A mere human could stab an injection into his neck, as proof of fairly weak skin. Bullets actually enter his body, but he endure it without problem. He's stopping the RPG rounds shot at him for a reason, and the reason we see in the end of the game. The shot penetrates.

- Wesker was in his transformed state on the vulcano. If this is the same Wesker, he's far more screwed than I first imagined. Wesker is more durable in his transformated state, yes, but he's a lot slower and a lot bigger and clumsier. But again, the fact that he was in the vulcano is irrelevant. It was the RPG that killed him, and it would've with or without the lava. Much like the lava was slowly working with finishing Wesker.
Besides, while the transformation made Wesker more durable, any feats during that stage is completely irrelevant, since it's a completely different Wesker. The weakening fluid (Yes, yes, I know. It was weakening however, no matter what the fluid was, so I'm not wrong) was cleared from his body when he took in the Uroboros. He had to in order to manage, as he himself stated. Given his internal, biological and mental recovery, there's no other explanation than that it cleared the "poison" out of his veins.

- If you think a single rocketlauncher would kill Chief, who fell several miles and created a creater upon impact without as much as a minor dent or even a scratch on his armor, you are gravely misstaking. Don't confuse gameplay with the actual power of the character.

Anon E. Mous
The chief may be strong, but Wesker is fast as hell, and even if Chief could land a hit, he would regenerate and come back just as strong.
And this is fast wesker, not transformed. Chief cannot land a hit. The way you guys are talking, Chief is Immortal because of his armor. He can still be killed.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Mairuzu
wesker dashes at chief and up kicks him in the jaw

knocking off his helmet, wesker then kicks his head off

he couldn't even hit chris hard enough to make him bleed, wesker would hurt himself hitting chief probably and especially with that armour on

Points to make:

- Chief's armor is far from weak. When you watch the Halo 3 intro, take a look at the fall and impact of Master Chief. That fall would completely destroy any steel object from car to aircraft if it was dropped from that height. The armor weights a ton, which proves the incredible density in the metal it is built with. An assault rifle is incapable of penetrating less durable metals than that of Mjolnir Mark VI. Not to mention the shield that efficiently stops light ballistic weaponry.

- Sure an assault rifle would not hit Wesker, just like it would not hit Chief. The Chief has enhanced speed and he observes bullets in slowmotion, no different from Wesker. And even if the assault rifle could hit Chief, it would not harm him, for reasons stated. Halo gameplay is far different from the real Chief. In another high-res video, the Chief had a Scorpion tank smash into him and into a wall without a single dent.

- Wesker falling into the lava was killing him slowly. The RPG rocket penetrated his skull, which was a seperate injury from the lava. Only one of the two rockets hit Wesker. One missed, so it took only one to kill him and it did not even explode in his face. It went right through the head. Him being in lava is irrelevant to his actual death, although the case is so that the lava alone would've done the job.

- The Chief would most probably die, yes. Just like Wesker was. It is irrelevant however, because Wesker proved other vulnerabilities. A mere human could stab an injection into his neck, as proof of fairly weak skin. Bullets actually enter his body, but he endure it without problem. He's stopping the RPG rounds shot at him for a reason, and the reason we see in the end of the game. The shot penetrates.

- Wesker was in his transformed state on the vulcano. If this is the same Wesker, he's far more screwed than I first imagined. Wesker is more durable in his transformated state, yes, but he's a lot slower and a lot bigger and clumsier. But again, the fact that he was in the vulcano is irrelevant. It was the RPG that killed him, and it would've with or without the lava. Much like the lava was slowly working with finishing Wesker.
Besides, while the transformation made Wesker more durable, any feats during that stage is completely irrelevant, since it's a completely different Wesker. The weakening fluid (Yes, yes, I know. It was weakening however, no matter what the fluid was, so I'm not wrong) was cleared from his body when he took in the Uroboros. He had to in order to manage, as he himself stated. Given his internal, biological and mental recovery, there's no other explanation than that it cleared the "poison" out of his veins.

- If you think a single rocketlauncher would kill Chief, who fell several miles and created a creater upon impact without as much as a minor dent or even a scratch on his armor, you are gravely misstaking. Don't confuse gameplay with the actual power of the character.

^ i 2nd that

Obsidian Fury
The chief may be strong, but Wesker is fast as hell, and even if Chief could land a hit, he would regenerate and come back just as strong.
And this is fast wesker, not transformed. Chief cannot land a hit. The way you guys are talking, Chief is Immortal because of his armor. He can still be killed.

So can Wesker. Chief is far more durable, far stronger and actually also smarter than Wesker. The only advantage Wesker has, is the fact that he move at bullet speed. Chief has the counter to that advantage, that Chief see bullets as if slowmotion (Five times slower than the actual speed) while he can move at regular (For a Spartan) speed in our eyes.

Wesker only has speed over Master Chief, and that only barely.

SpadeKing
I think everyone just thinks chief is some regular soldier in a super suit

chief minus the suit can handle wesker

Obsidian Fury
Arguable. Possible, but arguable. The suit amplify his strength, speed and senses greatly. But correct you are, that even beneath the surface of the Mjolnir armor, he is a genetic supersoldier.

Anon E. Mous
I think we've reached a stalemate. Wesker hits chief: nothing happens

chief hits wesker (which he can't, even with slo-mo: wesker can do the same thing) he flies back a few hundred feet, gets up and keeps fighting.

As to without armor, wesker's attacks would then hit and hurt the Chief. Without armor, wesker wins. With, i think neither wins.

And, Wesker is a genetically enhanced super-soldier as well.

SpadeKing

chief hits wesker (which he can't, even with slo-mo: wesker can do the same thing) he flies back a few hundred feet, gets up and keeps fighting.

As to without armor, wesker's attacks would then hit and hurt the Chief. Without armor, wesker wins. With, i think neither wins.

wesker apparently can't even hurt chris enough to finish him, if a super strength human moving fast enough to dodge bullets hit you that hard you should be dead or unconcious in one blow

he has been trying to kill chris for awhile and still sucks at it, i would go for wesker against almost anyone but against chief is pushing it, without the armour chief is about equal to wesker more or less

Obsidian Fury
The thing with Wesker is that the only time he prove superior in speed is during movement. When he hit someone, kick or anything like that, he is no different from a regular human in speed. The only times he has superior speed, is when he moves. He stops every time before actually hitting or kicking someone.

So in terms of speed, I dare even say that Wesker is only faster than Chief when it comes to movement. His only chance is to stay away from the Chief, I think, in order for him to survive. Should Chief get a grip of say a hand of Wesker, then it's done. Wesker is far too weak to free himself, and not durable enough to withstand extreme pressure for a longer period of time. Chief can, if he gets a single grip at any point, crush Wesker bone by bone. Someone strong enough to benchpress cars without breaking a sweat sure will not have problems with Wesker when it comes to raw strength.

So since Wesker can not rely on bullets, and he has no actual superior speed-feats when it comes to delivering an actual punch or kick (Implying only his legs can provide supernatural speed), Chief wins. Not a stale, but a Master Chief victory.

SpadeKing
wesker goes for a kick like against chris, chief does the same counter attack, crushes wesker's foot and knocks his head off no expression

Neo Darkhalen

And yet OF has yet to return to my Halo points in that it's all PIS and game convenience.

I stand by Wesker wining in a flash.

Anon E. Mous
Originally posted by SpadeKing
wesker apparently can't even hurt chris enough to finish him, if a super strength human moving fast enough to dodge bullets hit you that hard you should be dead or unconcious in one blow

he has been trying to kill chris for awhile and still sucks at it, i would go for wesker against almost anyone but against chief is pushing it, without the armour chief is about equal to wesker more or less

What!?!?! Chief is never anywhere near as fast as Wesker, or even close. We've all seen how fast wesker can move, it looks like he's teleporting. He also regenerates himself, so even a hit by the chief would only take a little while to recover from. The chief can't hit him anyway, especially without the armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN2yLPiaJb0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.killermovies.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D465990%26pagenumber%3D2&feature=player_embedded

look at 0:30-0:47 and 0:55-1:03 and once again at 1:10 and at 1:27-1:39 (probably the best) and there are a few more, but i think you catch my drift.

Shaggs
You are making it play out like the Chief moves like a snail, and you are still ignoring his perception that would slow down Wesker's movements.

We're not even counting the addition of Cortana.

Anon E. Mous
I know the chief is still fast, but he's just not fast enough. You know, i have abandoned that idea that wesker can win, It would take a while, but all the chief needs is a vial of Uroboros, a volcano, and a couple rpgs.

Neo Darkhalen
I know the chief is still fast, but he's just not fast enough. You know, i have abandoned that idea that wesker can win, It would take a while, but all the chief needs is a vial of Uroboros, a volcano, and a couple rpgs.

Well he doesn't need Uroboros, unless he plans to infect himself; and I can't see him doing that.

Anon E. Mous
He needs it to weaken wesker, or to make him turn into the big monster guy, which he can beat easily because the monster version is very slow, and speed is the only thing keeping him alive. Doesn't an overdose of the virus kill him?

Obsidian Fury
It wasn't a weakening fluid! Actually it was the same virus he used to gain his power, he has to continuously inject himself to keep his state of power.

Also may I remind you the damage he does to his ship is in fact during his weakened state so ergo even when at his weakest he can still put his hand through solid steel (of which an aircraft of that design would have to be made from) and titanium, and that from that very list you have provided more reasons as to how Wesker would destroy the chief also you kinda only compiled a source from RES5 unfortunately, and therefore you still don't know of other feats from previous games, I'd also like to point out that you actually missed out some other key points from RES5 itself such as Wesker being able to with stand several hand cannon rounds to the face.

It has also been shown that Wesker has a regenerative healing factor such as when his face was burnt in Code V, even if the chief could somehow hit Wesker it would matter not.

Now the Chief's turn, flipping vehicles is a stupid statement it's used as player convenience, by that logic Gordon Freeman is on the same level as the chief (actually he would be stronger, Gordon has an intellect, unlike the Chief), he can flip cars in Half Life after all. Funny how if you fall in game (Halo) You actually die, your comment on him falling and surviving, well I call PIS on that.

- Punching through solid steel is nothing less of an admirable feat of strength, I give him that. It's nowhere near the Chief league however, so that point is to say the least irrelevant. The Chief is a damn circus monkey in terms of agility in his one ton suit. I can't seem to remember it specifying anywhere though that he punch through titanium. Everything indicate it's nothing but regular steel he punch through.

- Several handgun rounds to the face gives him decent endurance feats, yes, better than most combatants Chief has fought. It does not change the fact however that the bullets enter his body. They penetrate his skin, although doesnt damage or cripple Wesker. His skin is not durable, he simply has high endurance. He even get an injection in his neck, which prove frail skin. Frail enough for a mere human to stab a needle through it. Chief is far beyond a hundred times stronger than any human.

- Past feats by Wesker are also fairly irrelevant. We have seen the peak of his speed, the peak of his reaction, the peak of his durability and the peak of his strength in RE5. What more can you possibly want to show us, that is not included there?

- The Chief has regenerating ability too, able to heal wounds thanks to his suit. Much like Wesker however, Chief can not heal holes in his body or lost limbs. While Wesker lack the strength to inflict such injury, Chief does not lack it to inflict said on Wesker.

- We'll start with the intellect part. Master Chief is a walking computer. He analyze data, numbers and scenarios instantly, and is extremely much more intelligent and swift at mind than any human. He's compared to a supercomputer.
Over to the gameplay part: No amount of gameplay can excuse cutscenes which are the true canon feats. In cutscenes, Wesker is superior in speed, but in gameplay, you can best him. Cutscenes are far more accurate, since they do not include numbers. Gameplay is all about numbers. That many rounds from that weapon inflict that much damage, which substract so many numbers from that player ID by so much. In cutscenes, there are no numbers. Just character feats.

Chief in the very first Halo 3 cutscene, the intro, descends the atmosphere in flames. Do you have any idea how hot that descend is, when he actually catch flames for coming in with such force? The impact left a big crater, but not the descent nor the impact even scratched his armor. Which fit into the description of Mjolnir Mark VI far more than being killed by a handgun by a regular marine. Ingame, Master Chief also lack many HUD properties, he lack slowmotion experience, he can not move a tiny little rock that pretent him from passing a passage (A rock a teenage regular human could move) and he can carry only two weapons (Although the weapon part has a decent explanation, but irrelevant)

The reason you die in the game if you jump certain heights, is because if you could jump anywhere, you could shortcut incredibly. You could complete a level that would take you half an hour in a minute at some occasions. The reasons your armor withstand much less than it does in novels and cutscenes, is because if you could take ballistic rounds like in novels and cutscenes, you could walk through the game and melee down 9 out of 10 enemies. Also, ingame "feats" are inconsistant. You can survive thousand and thousands of rounds of machineguns if the distance between each hit is long enough, but a single grenade can kill you. This grenade barely strong enough to move a small wooden box, less so destroy this small wooden box, is capable of completely killing a man in a one ton metal armor.

You can't possibly pick gameplay over cutscenes for actual canon.

Neo Darkhalen
He needs it to weaken wesker, or to make him turn into the big monster guy, which he can beat easily because the monster version is very slow, and speed is the only thing keeping him alive. Doesn't an overdose of the virus kill him?

Right

1) The virus Wesker takes is NOT Uroboros
2) Wesker might become slow but he gains range from his transformation, which means he could easily Pierce the chiefs chest with his spinning blade arm, or throw him in liquid hot magma, I'd like to see the Chief come back from that.

Obsidian Fury

All we know of Weskers speed, is that he has the speed of a speeding bullet. What we know of the Chief, is that he see bullets (and all other things) in slowmotion. Five times as slow as they actually happen, and he can take effective course of action before this bullet has served its intended purpose. And unless I've missed some data somewhere in RE5, there is nothing that implicate that Wesker is any faster than a bullet. Only as fast.

Neo Darkhalen
- Punching through solid steel is nothing less of an admirable feat of strength, I give him that. It's nowhere near the Chief league however, so that point is to say the least irrelevant. The Chief is a damn circus monkey in terms of agility in his one ton suit. I can't seem to remember it specifying anywhere though that he punch through titanium. Everything indicate it's nothing but regular steel he punch through.

- Several handgun rounds to the face gives him decent endurance feats, yes, better than most combatants Chief has fought. It does not change the fact however that the bullets enter his body. They penetrate his skin, although doesnt damage or cripple Wesker. His skin is not durable, he simply has high endurance. He even get an injection in his neck, which prove frail skin. Frail enough for a mere human to stab a needle through it. Chief is far beyond a hundred times stronger than any human.

- Past feats by Wesker are also fairly irrelevant. We have seen the peak of his speed, the peak of his reaction, the peak of his durability and the peak of his strength in RE5. What more can you possibly want to show us, that is not included there?

- The Chief has regenerating ability too, able to heal wounds thanks to his suit. Much like Wesker however, Chief can not heal holes in his body or lost limbs. While Wesker lack the strength to inflict such injury, Chief does not lack it to inflict said on Wesker.

- We'll start with the intellect part. Master Chief is a walking computer. He analyze data, numbers and scenarios instantly, and is extremely much more intelligent and swift at mind than any human. He's compared to a supercomputer.
Over to the gameplay part: No amount of gameplay can excuse cutscenes which are the true canon feats. In cutscenes, Wesker is superior in speed, but in gameplay, you can best him. Cutscenes are far more accurate, since they do not include numbers. Gameplay is all about numbers. That many rounds from that weapon inflict that much damage, which substract so many numbers from that player ID by so much. In cutscenes, there are no numbers. Just character feats.

Chief in the very first Halo 3 cutscene, the intro, descends the atmosphere in flames. Do you have any idea how hot that descend is, when he actually catch flames for coming in with such force? The impact left a big crater, but not the descent nor the impact even scratched his armor. Which fit into the description of Mjolnir Mark VI far more than being killed by a handgun by a regular marine. Ingame, Master Chief also lack many HUD properties, he lack slowmotion experience, he can not move a tiny little rock that pretent him from passing a passage (A rock a teenage regular human could move) and he can carry only two weapons (Although the weapon part has a decent explanation, but irrelevant)

The reason you die in the game if you jump certain heights, is because if you could jump anywhere, you could shortcut incredibly. You could complete a level that would take you half an hour in a minute at some occasions. The reasons your armor withstand much less than it does in novels and cutscenes, is because if you could take ballistic rounds like in novels and cutscenes, you could walk through the game and melee down 9 out of 10 enemies. Also, ingame "feats" are inconsistant. You can survive thousand and thousands of rounds of machineguns if the distance between each hit is long enough, but a single grenade can kill you. This grenade barely strong enough to move a small wooden box, less so destroy this small wooden box, is capable of completely killing a man in a one ton metal armor.

You can't possibly pick gameplay over cutscenes for actual canon.

You argue your points well, I can understand where you are coming from now.

As for Chris can best wesker though (In gameplay as well as cutscenes) well of course that's how it's going to happen in any sort of medium (with a few exceptions) the villain ALWAYS looses to the Hero, logically Wesker should have destroyed Chris and Sheva! PIS plays apart in that as well.

Anon E. Mous
Well then, i seem to have been utterly slammed.

Darkhalen is right though. If Albert, in desperation from staring to lose to chief, injects himself with his virus and horribly mutates, the chief will have a bit more trouble beating him. Just throwing that out there in the context of this fight.

I am who I am
How could anyone ever think that puttin' Wesker against The Chief was a good idea?

Obsidian Fury

Darkhalen is right though. If Albert, in desperation from staring to lose to chief, injects himself with his virus and horribly mutates, the chief will have a bit more trouble beating him. Just throwing that out there in the context of this fight.

Indeed, Uroboros would complicate things. Wesker expand incredible lengths in terms of durability at that point, and I dare say strength as well. In his "human" form, Wesker only had a speed advantage, and although losing it in Uroboros state, he gain strength and possibly durability superiority (Over his old self).

It would come down to which weapons Chief has. Because let's face it: The penetrating force of an RPG sufficed to kill Wesker.

King-Fingolfin
Wesker gaining durability? He was killed by two RPGs. Before Uroboros, he could tank headshots from them.

ThunderGodEneru
Chief easily.

Wesker only has a marginal speed advantage.

Chief is stronger, enough to kill him in one punch, and much more durable.

SpadeKing

that can be arranged no expression

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
Wesker gaining durability? He was killed by two RPGs. Before Uroboros, he could tank headshots from them.

As far as I can remember, he prevented a full onrush by an RPG round in the past. He grabbed it. That significantly reduces the speed of it, even if only for a couple of seconds. Although I agree with you that it's not certain he gained any durability, other than the logical one over his upper body that increased in volume quite a lot.

Mairuzu
he can lift a tanks yet...

he cannot lift this bomb? must be one heavy bomb

bBZ64DT1BmM

Obsidian Fury
Master Chief weights a ton. A first glance on him would not give that impression. That bomb most certainly can be heavier than it looks.

Wei Phoenix

Oh god please don't mention that PIS boss battle.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Oh god please don't mention that PIS boss battle.

Kindly explain why it is PIS.

Wei Phoenix
Kindly explain why it is PIS.

Where would you like me to start? The fact that normal humans are able to fight inside of a volcano?

The fact that Chris was able to push, hit and move a huge ass hot ass boulder.

The fact that Sheva was hanging probably no more than 10 feet above liquid hot magma.

The fact that the Uroburos thing was shown to be weak against fire this whole time but Wesker with it on his body was able to stand in magma.

Do you really think all of that made sense?

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Mairuzu
he can lift a tanks yet...

he cannot lift this bomb? must be one heavy bomb

bBZ64DT1BmM You would be surprised how heavy bombs are.

I think an actual weight was given for that bomb, cannot recall it though.

Obsidian Fury
Where would you like me to start? The fact that normal humans are able to fight inside of a volcano?

The fact that Chris was able to push, hit and move a huge ass hot ass boulder.

The fact that Sheva was hanging probably no more than 10 feet above liquid hot magma.

The fact that the Uroburos thing was shown to be weak against fire this whole time but Wesker with it on his body was able to stand in magma.

Do you really think all of that made sense?

- Lava is hot, but the heat it spread out is manageable. Nothing unrealistic with walking on rocky ground in the presence of lava.

- Nothing imply on the boulder being too hot for him to touch. Again you overestimate the heat lava give out as not part of itself. This boulder was round, and he did numerous attempts at it with grave effort. There are regular humans in the real world that can move a truck, so again, not an unrealistic feat.

- Once more, lava emit heat, but not hot enough to inflict injury to the degree that you seem to think. It's lava in its liquid form that would wipe her out. The heat is impressivly well contained inside the fluid.

- Steel is weak to heat as well, but a car would still be able to manage a period of time if falling into lava. Wesker has proven incredibly endurant, both at bone and endurance. Injected for a full Uroboros transformation only enhance his durability thanks to the volume it give his body. Again, while unlikely, not unrealistic out of an objective, relative perspective. Hot as lava is, it is still very very thick.

Neo Darkhalen
No, no, no It really is PIS, just like the Chief falling and not receiving any damage. no expression

Wei Phoenix
- Lava is hot, but the heat it spread out is manageable. Nothing unrealistic with walking on rocky ground in the presence of lava.

- Nothing imply on the boulder being too hot for him to touch. Again you overestimate the heat lava give out as not part of itself. This boulder was round, and he did numerous attempts at it with grave effort. There are regular humans in the real world that can move a truck, so again, not an unrealistic feat.

- Once more, lava emit heat, but not hot enough to inflict injury to the degree that you seem to think. It's lava in its liquid form that would wipe her out. The heat is impressivly well contained inside the fluid.

- Steel is weak to heat as well, but a car would still be able to manage a period of time if falling into lava. Wesker has proven incredibly endurant, both at bone and endurance. Injected for a full Uroboros transformation only enhance his durability thanks to the volume it give his body. Again, while unlikely, not unrealistic out of an objective, relative perspective. Hot as lava is, it is still very very thick.

You're telling me its possible for people to fight inside of an active volacano and move a huge ass rock that has been in the volcano for who knows how long and has been gaining heat?

Moving the rock is not the biggest problem, not really much of a problem to me, but leaning up against a hot ass rock and hitting it with no signs of pain or burning is stupid.

The lava shouldn't have injured them, that I agree but there is no way they should've been able to go on like it was a regular thing. The ground should be way too hot.

Steel and the Uroboros are two different things. Its not the fact that Wesker was in lava, he's not human so I'll give that to him, its the fact that the Uroboros was able to do so, it should've burned right off/died.

Neo Darkhalen
Realistically you wouldn't even be able to touch the volcanoes floor, hell you wouldn't even be able to hover over the top of it.

Obsidian Fury
You're telling me its possible for people to fight inside of an active volacano and move a huge ass rock that has been in the volcano for who knows how long and has been gaining heat?

Moving the rock is not the biggest problem, not really much of a problem to me, but leaning up against a hot ass rock and hitting it with no signs of pain or burning is stupid.

The lava shouldn't have injured them, that I agree but there is no way they should've been able to go on like it was a regular thing. The ground should be way too hot.

Steel and the Uroboros are two different things. Its not the fact that Wesker was in lava, he's not human so I'll give that to him, its the fact that the Uroboros was able to do so, it should've burned right off/died.

If you want to find faults in a computergame, you will. If a computergame was made realistic, you would die from 99% of the things you don't in a game. A single bullet in your stomach can be deadly. In fact, a bullet in the leg can kill you if not treated soon.

Hunting unrealistic things in a computergame that involve mutations and showdowns with guns is a very thankful job. You get results.

Wei Phoenix
If you want to find faults in a computergame, you will. If a computergame was made realistic, you would die from 99% of the things you don't in a game. A single bullet in your stomach can be deadly. In fact, a bullet in the leg can kill you if not treated soon.

Hunting unrealistic things in a computergame that involve mutations and showdowns with guns is a very thankful job. You get results.

In no way are we saying that the game fails because of this or anything like that, I'm just saying that any feats from that battle shouldn't be applicable due to PIS.

Obsidian Fury
Most, if not all feats from that battle can be used. You need to look at it from a relative perspective, that's all. Include various mechanics and faults in your calculations.

Wei Phoenix
Most, if not all feats from that battle can be used. You need to look at it from a relative perspective, that's all. Include various mechanics and faults in your calculations.

There are no faults, Chris shouldn't be able to lean up against a hot ass rock in a volcano. Its too hot for him to keep his body on. Are you telling me Chris can grab a baking sheet hot of the oven?

The Uroboros isn't weak against fire now?

Sheva isn't burning her hands on hot ass rocks?

Obsidian Fury
- But with his strength he can move a rock that size. Relative perspective.

- The Uroboros may still be weak against fire, but weak does not mean instant obliteration. There's still flesh and bones to take in consideration. Again relative perspective.

- Granted.

Wei Phoenix
The strength to move the rock is not the point in question. I'm sure anyone of us could push a car in neutral, but lets say we heated that car up to the same heat of the rock, then would we still be able to push that car? The heat from the metal would be too hot and we'd instantly let go. IIRC didn't he have his face on the rock?

IIRC wasn't the UB on the outside of his body?

Anon E. Mous
Wait... if that is PIS and doesn't count. Isn't the Chief's falling out of the sky? He survived because he had to, or Bungee wouldn't make anymore money.

Wei Phoenix
Wait... if that is PIS and doesn't count. Isn't the Chief's falling out of the sky? He survived because he had to, or Bungee wouldn't make anymore money.

Never seen the fall so I couldn't comment on if it was PIS or not in my book. Depends on the height imo, the suit he wears should protect him from a certain amount of damage like that depending on the height of the drop.

WO Polaski
the master chief's falling isnt pis because before the third game even came out the novels depicted spartans falling from the atmosphere and not being harmed. its one of the perks of the MJOLNIR Mark VI armor. the Armors Hydrostatic gel increases automatically when the user is falling to absorb the impact. thats why john in halo 3 and fred and linda and the others in halo first strike were able to survive falling kilometers without damage. its not pis because this ability was established years ago in the novels bungie wrote. the mark vi is also completely oblovious to gun fire and prevents the wearer from dying from injures unless theyre extremely severe.

so wesker has no way of beating the master chief. hes not even that much faster faster as the chief sees bullets in slow motion.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by WO Polaski
the master chief's falling isnt pis because before the third game even came out the novels depicted spartans falling from the atmosphere and not being harmed. its one of the perks of the MJOLNIR Mark VI armor. the Armors Hydrostatic gel increases automatically when the user is falling to absorb the impact. thats why john in halo 3 and fred and linda and the others in halo first strike were able to survive falling kilometers without damage. its not pis because this ability was established years ago in the novels bungie wrote. the mark vi is also completely oblovious to gun fire and prevents the wearer from dying from injures unless theyre extremely severe.

so wesker has no way of beating the master chief. hes not even that much faster faster as the chief sees bullets in slow motion.

Well if that is true then I would rule MC falling to the ground as non-pis.

WO Polaski
its not and thats further established by the fact that not only is he stated to have fallen two kilometers in the game but also he is seen falling through the sky (and on fire from leaving the atmosphere) in the last segment of the live action videos, which are prequels to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BaVb2TlWb0

The last two minutes show him breaking away from the ship and free falling.

Anon E. Mous

I know gameplay doesn't count, but if the Chiefs armor is impervious to bullets, why do you have to dodge them? The way your saying, MC could walk around the entire game and melee everyone/thing he meets.

Wesker can see in slow motion too, and the Chief never goes anywhere near as fast as him.

One more thing. If the Mark iv armor is so great, how did almost all of the SPARTAN II project Spartans die?

XanatosForever
That's just it. The whole Spartan dying to a hail of bullets in game is all gameplay. Besides, plasma weaponry are not bullets, and it's a hell of a lot deadlier than they make it appear in game.

Chief doesn't have to be as fast as Wesker to see him coming, and there are varying degrees of bullet vision. Chief has some of the best around.

If I recall correctly, they were still on Reach when it got glassed. As tough as Mark IV is, it can't stand planet razing.

Anon E. Mous
Oh...

Umm...

Thank You?

XanatosForever
You're welcome stick out tongue I actually expanded my argument. Feel free to take a look.

Obsidian Fury
I know gameplay doesn't count, but if the Chiefs armor is impervious to bullets, why do you have to dodge them? The way your saying, MC could walk around the entire game and melee everyone/thing he meets.

Wesker can see in slow motion too, and the Chief never goes anywhere near as fast as him.

One more thing. If the Mark iv armor is so great, how did almost all of the SPARTAN II project Spartans die?

The Spartan-II project was established to fight the covenant. Covenant Elites and Brutes were formidable advesaries in both durability and brute strength. Plasmaweapons was far more dangerous than human machineguns. And Chief dodge bullets because he can. Wesker too. We all know Wesker can take a bullet without taking actual injury, so why bother dodging it? My answer would be yes, he could walk through the entire game and melee his enemies.

Wesker is faster than Master Chief, yes, but nothing implicate him faster than a bullet. And since Master Chief not only react to bullets, but move out of their way, he has what it takes to fight Wesker. There's not a single one implication that Wesker is any faster than a bullet, so while Wesker is fast, faster, he's not fast enough.

The Spartan armor is very great, but so is the Covenant technology and their soldiers. Put Master Chief up against people like Chris, Sheva and Jill and you'll consider him as superior as you consider Wesker. Comparing the humans in RE5 to the Covenant of Halo is a no-can-do.

Anon E. Mous
Slightly unrelated question:

Who made the armor? Where did they get it from?

SpadeKing

cause they were stuck on a planet that got glassed by molting hot plasma gunships. I would like to see anyone survive that.

plasma is highly under rated in the game, I would much rather take a bullet than a plasma shot

The Spartan-II project was established to fight the covenant. Covenant Elites and Brutes were formidable advesaries in both durability and brute strength. Plasmaweapons was far more dangerous than human machineguns. And Chief dodge bullets because he can. Wesker too. We all know Wesker can take a bullet without taking actual injury, so why bother dodging it? My answer would be yes, he could walk through the entire game and melee his enemies.

Wesker is faster than Master Chief, yes, but nothing implicate him faster than a bullet. And since Master Chief not only react to bullets, but move out of their way, he has what it takes to fight Wesker. There's not a single one implication that Wesker is any faster than a bullet, so while Wesker is fast, faster, he's not fast enough.

The Spartan armor is very great, but so is the Covenant technology and their soldiers. Put Master Chief up against people like Chris, Sheva and Jill and you'll consider him as superior as you consider Wesker. Comparing the humans in RE5 to the Covenant of Halo is a no-can-do.
Slightly unrelated question:

Who made the armor? Where did they get it from?

the Spartan II project was just established to counter rebels at first, it cut down from 300 to 150 candidates and only funding for 75 then came enhancements which would only leave about 33, i think it was, that survived the enhancements that would make them super human.
chief at age 13 fought a match 4 on 1 with ODST troopers, thinking only it was training he accidently killed them, thats just without the armour yet.

after their first mission against the covenant, chief lost one of his best friends and the strongest spartan who got hit by shot, it didn't kill him but it breached his space suit so he couldn't escape the covenant ship before it blew, after that Dr. Halsey had been working on the armour - MJOLNIR mark V, the armour abilities were so great when tested with just a normal ODST soldier he was told to simply move his arm, the armour increased the movement so much he broke his arm and began killing himself from having spasms from the pain which just only made him break more bones.
also during their obstacle course there was a part where chief stood up in cross fire from machine guns and the bullets just fell off his armour. thats before they even managed to develop shields and before they used A.I.'s in their armour which also further increased its abilities

is that a good explanation no expression

Obsidian Fury
Good enough for me stick out tongue

XanatosForever
Don't forget to mention that after Chief hooked up with Cortana for the first time, he was able to deflect a rocket. No mean feat, even for a super-soldier.

Zack Fair
Chief.

Anon E. Mous
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Chief.

I think we've established this.

And yes, that is a very good explanation. Thank You.

KingD19
If they didn't explain it thoroughly enough, most of them died because they're bodies couldn't take the genetic alterations. Like bonding their bones with metal, increasing their strength and mental capacities, etc..

rocknrolljesus
Alright so i got through reading the halo books. Although master cheif can fall into the earth and stuff , from what i read he gets interal bleeding. his bones are indestructable but his organs arent so basically he was setup so that his own bones can crush his organs. so if wesker were to place some well planned out hits to cheifs vital points then cheif would fall.

rocknrolljesus
Alright so i got through reading the halo books. Although master cheif can fall into the earth and stuff , from what i read he gets interal bleeding. his bones are indestructable but his organs arent so basically he was setup so that his own bones can crush his organs. so if wesker were to place so well planned out his to cheifs vital points then cheif would fall.

SpadeKing
care to explain how wesker can even affect him with the armor? haermm

goldjoker
Originally posted by KingD19
Speed don't mean nothing if you can't hurt the guy.
but he didnt get hurt, wesker can dodge bullets.. have overhuman force..

ScreamPaste
Over-human force won't help that much. He needs somethign along the lines of double digit KJ strikes against a relatively small area of the suit to break into it.

wammamram
yeah wesker gets stomped and raped in the same motion

ScreamPaste
Not quite... No... In the end, Wesker simply can't get through the suit, and cannot win. This isn't a stomp, though, by any means. Wesker is still faster and pretty strong.

wammamram
well i know it's not a stomp but you know me mc fanboy

ScreamPaste
Hahaha, it's refreshing to see someone admit it. Good on you. :P

I'm, a Link/Ganon fanboy, mostly.

wammamram
thanks cool

TheRealWesker
First of all the Uroboros Virus combined with the t-virus in Weskers body he has enhanced strength and speed pretty much doubled. Though he might have a very small weakness to fire its not enough to be used against him because he withstood lava and could have pulled a helecopter down into the volcano.

Oh and this post is nonsense. Wesker would definitely win this fight because not only are his regenerative skills off the roof, but you have to take into account that he was only weak in the game play however in the cut-scenes he dominated everyone with ease.

XanatosForever
Yes, Wesker dominated all the above average humans in that game, who are clearly on par with a cyber-super-soldier from the future...no expression Why would you revive this, seriously? erm

Ridley_Prime
The same reason that other bloke revived the MC vs Ridley thread? This needs to be locked too.

RE: Blaxican

so wesker has no way of beating the master chief. hes not even that much faster faster as the chief sees bullets in slow motion. ... you do know that Fall of Reach will most likely be deemed non-canon pretty soon, right? I mean, Halo: Reach is going to contradict the book in like 50 different ways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.